Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #37 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arizona is a transient state, lots of people from all over. It wouldn't be out of the norm to see an out of state plate. Especially if any of the neighbors knew he was from California. They'd think it was family or friends visiting.

The upside down plate might get more attention.
I also wonder if she turned the plate upside down after she murdered him? We may never know because ja and the truth are strangers. :)

Agree, we will never know. I do believe she removed and adjusted the license plates prior to being parked at his house, forgot to change the rear plate upright and therefore the traffic stop. The mere thought of her being pulled over after murdering Travis is gratifying, knowing she must have thought she was going to have a heart attack.

:lol:

It will be interesting to see what questions the jury has for Jodi.

I think that JM did his voire dire on the email to send a message and to see her reaction.
He succeeded in sending his message and probably saw what he was expecting. Despite what others have commented; I don't think she flinched. She just carried on and kept right on lying. So, he knows what he's dealing with; he's dealt with similar characters before.

<respectfully snipped>
Moo.

i think he called voire dire because defense was trying to misrepresent a piece of their (so called) evidence :twocents:

I'd love it if Jodi felt intimidated by Juan. Unfortunately, I don't believe she is either intimidated or afraid of him in the least. However, I predict we'll see the appearance of what looks like nerves and trepidation.

Yet another big, bad man being mean to sweet, innocent little Jodi. :rolleyes: I cannot wait to watch him decimate her as I truly believe he will.

I do think her demeanor will change though. If she comes back at him hard and heavy and defiant that will not bode well for her. The jurors are always sizing up the demeanor of the defendant while testifying. If it changes believe me the jurors will take notice of it.

I think he is going to keep her on the stand at least three days or even longer since Nurmi has kept her on the stand for so long. He cant complain to the Judge because she will also give Juan wide lattitude in his cross.

I cant wait and it seems like it is taking forever but it will be well worth the wait.

My hope is that she gets so flustered and frustrated not being in control that she will flip out and get tazed!!!! We all know that while Nurmi lets her ramble, JM is a "yes" or "no" kind of guy ~ after he cuts her off a few times in a row, I'll be praying she goes mental :)

She will not go mental. She'll learn and adapt to the new rules and testify accordingly. She's a chameleon and will do what she needs to do for her own best interest. She's not scared or intimidated by where she is or what she's testifying to...JM knows this. I dont think he'll try to get any sort of reaction out of her; he will try to get to the facts.

moo

My hope is that she gets so flustered and frustrated not being in control that she will flip out and get tazed!!!! We all know that while Nurmi lets her ramble, JM is a "yes" or "no" kind of guy ~ after he cuts her off a few times in a row, I'll be praying she goes mental :)

Jumping off your post, respectfully.

I don't think he will scare her but will throw her off her game. She will become frustrated and show her true colors, I believe.

MOO. :)

I'd love it if Jodi felt intimidated by Juan. Unfortunately, I don't believe she is either intimidated or afraid of him in the least. However, I predict we'll see the appearance of what looks like nerves and trepidation.

Yet another big, bad man being mean to sweet, innocent little Jodi. :rolleyes: I cannot wait to watch him decimate her as I truly believe he will.

I think Juan will annihilate her. I do think he can box her in. Will she have an answer. Absolutely. I dont think she will feel intimidated. I think she will feel anger. It will be epic. And she wont even see it. That will be the beauty of it. IMO

We know from all of Jodi's ramblings on the stand that she does not like being told what to do. Not by the school, teachers, parents, jobs or her own attorney- you know, the one desperately fighting underhandedly TO SAVE HER LIFE. She also does not like to feel embarrassed (I'll come to this later).

Remember on the interrogation tape with detective Flores where she was worrying about the effect on her reputation!

WTH?

I would have been shaking and balling my eyes out as I confessed to every last thing I did, how I did it, when I did it, and why I did it. I would have been begging for mercy and forgiveness and explaining every last trauma inflicted upon me under the sun, throughout my entire life, to put some context to it.

Not Jodi- see the normal things that would embarrass me like sex tapes and going from boyfriend to boyfriend with no real life accomplishments don't even phase Jodi- she is used to being sexy and intriguing to strangers and beautiful, quiet and shy to those who know her.

The truth is nobody really knows her- not even her closest boyfriends because there is nothing to know. She is a parrot of human beings, human doings, and human emotions.

She is a psychopath/sociopath, I think most of us agree on this. She hates herself. She watches other people, with their real emotions, real feelings and can never understand why she doesn't. It pisses her off, but it also gives her a strange leg-up on us fallible humans. But she craves what we naturally have and that drives her BONKERS. Her internal stirrings are visceral- like when she describes how her nerves get tingly and she feels frayed. That is as close to an emotion as she gets. Can you imagine? She has cellular ideas of believing she is superior and feelings of anger and sometimes rage, when she can no longer control it, but for the most part her 'feelings', as long as she is getting her way, go un-phased. I think that is what Travis mistook for behaving like a 'Polyanna' and what TV talking heads mistake for being delusional.

I wish more than anything just once, maybe after she is convicted, she would just come clean. Explain it all to the world... how she has never felt what others feel and how she has always wondered why. How what bothers others has never bothered her and how that really is a conundrum to her. How Travis would still be alive had he only towed the line- her line. Whatever it is I wish she would, even if just for shock value- tell the whole darn truth. That the only real feelings she has are anger and rage.

I think she will be like the Craigslist killer if she is convicted and will commit suicide in jail soon after her sentence. She will finally follow through.

If only she had done it sooner....

I think Juan will annihilate her. I do think he can box her in. Will she have an answer. Absolutely. I dont think she will feel intimidated. I think she will feel anger. It will be epic. And she wont even see it. That will be the beauty of it. IMO

I wonder if we will see her shake like a Chihuahua?

She will not go mental. She'll learn and adapt to the new rules and testify accordingly. She's a chameleon and will do what she needs to do for her own best interest. She's not scared or intimidated by where she is or what she's testifying to...JM knows this. I dont think he'll try to get any sort of reaction out of her; he will try to get to the facts.

moo

Her biggest mistake is she truly thinks she can spar with him and win.

Sociopaths always believe they will come out on top.

IMO

I do think her demeanor will change though. If she comes back at him hard and heavy that will not bode well for her. The jurors are always sizing up the demeanor of the defendant while testifying. If it changes believe me the jurors will take notice of it.

I think he is going to keep her on the stand at least three days or even longer since Nurmi has kept her on the stand for so long. He cant complain to the Judge because she will also give Juan wide lattitude in his cross.

I cant wait and it seems like it is taking forever but it will be well worth the weight.

This woman wanted to defend herself without a lawyer! She's up there doing her thing and without question, she's calling the shots on what her thing is! She will adapt and defend herself quite well without "breaking down". The truth will be the facts - that's all.

Hopefully, the jury will be focused on facts as well.

Because parking somewhere else other than the driveway would show that Travis was not expecting her and she didn't want to be seen there.

Or that Travis was, indeed, expecting her but did not want any of his friends to know that he was still seeing Jodi. So her told her to park down the street so in case a "nice" girl dropped by, there wouldn't be a strange car in the driveway.

moo

I agree. It will confuse her. I think her demeanor will change. Once she figures out where Juan is coming from she will relax. It is going to be absolutely fascinating to watch. IMO

I think she parked it down the street or maybe a street over. Since it was a rental many might think someone out of town visitors.

I think she initially parked down the street. But I do think she moved her car closer when she knew Travis was going to shower. She would want the car closer for a quick drive away especially because it was now later than planned. Did she leave by 6-7:00 pm on a warm summer night? She didn't want to be seen walking down the street right after, IMO. She might have been surprised with the amount of bloody items she had to take with her, but maybe not and had a couple of trash bags in her kill backpack.

I don't think the upside down plates were done until after AZ, but done out in the desert while burning clothes. JMO

So true. I have been to your State I would say maybe a dozen times. I have only met 2 people who were born Zony's. Very transient State.

In the winter there are so many out of state plates, as well as Canadian, they almost outnumber the "zonie" plates.
Especially here in Mesa.

Aww thanks!
A little comic relief helps keep me sane during this terribly sad and
heartbreaking trial.

I am hoping to go, but not sure yet.
If I'm lucky enough to get in I'll report on the happenings. :)

Yes, please do!! I bet cross will be standing room only so be sure to get there EARLY :) It'll be worth the wait, I'm sure.

It will be interesting to see what questions the jury has for Jodi.

I think that JM did his voire dire on the email to send a message and to see her reaction. He succeeded in sending his message and probably saw what he was expecting. Despite what others have commented; I don't think she flinched. She just carried on and kept right on lying. So, he knows what he's dealing with; he's dealt with similar characters before.

I am still utterly perplexed by a system that allows the defence to get up there and say whatever they want (without the burden of proof) while not allowing the prosecution the same. This makes NO SENSE to me whatsoever. I was gobsmacked by this in the KC trial and am equally shocked in this one. As such, I will not be surprised by anything the jury concludes.

Regardless of how this case may conclude, I am so impressed with JM's intelligence and legal wherewithal but mostly, by his passion. His passion to defend the victim. He is clearly all about THAT! (Which I'm sorry to say but I didn't see a shred of for Caylee.)

I am hoping that this will help in Travis' defence...Because that is what this trial has now become.

Moo.

I agree with everything you said, except the part about no passion for defending Caylee. The prosecutors in Caylee's case worked pretty tirelessly I think to keep the focus on the victim. Unfortunately we had a family who muddied the waters, and a defense attorney bent on perverting the truth. That, along with the lack of cognitive skills of twelve jurors gave us the disappointing result that was the verdict in the Casey Anthony trial.

This verdict, I'm sure, will be different. This time there IS a body, there IS a cause of death, and the pictures left at the crime scene are irrefutable evidence of WHO is responsible for this crime. She confessed to it. I can't imagine that another twelve people will be brain dead enough to buy her claims of domestic abuse.

This woman is going down.

Agree, we will never know. I do believe she removed and adjusted the license plates prior to being parked at his house, forgot to change the rear plate upright and therefore the traffic stop. The mere thought of her being pulled over after murdering Travis is gratifying, knowing she must have thought she was going to have a heart attack.

:lol:

I forgot to add that we're not required to have a front plate here, so that would also work to her advantage.

I like your scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members