DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Off to bed..... Candy throwing time! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good question.
My guess is that JA in trying to avoid detection either parked in the garage or somewhere away from the TA home. JA had to reach her car while carrying her weapons and bloody clothes. I estimate she departed around 7-8PM which meant there was still daylight. So the likelihood of detection would have been high BUT as you say -"nobody saw nothing."

IIRC the roommate was supposed to be home around 6:00pm, however, running late that day. I doubt JA would have hung around the house very long after she killed Travis. That is also why I believe she was rushing to clean up what she could and the camera got dumped in the washer with the laundry.

MOO

I'm with you. I feel bad for her dad, but her mother, not so much.

A. Loving your picture (as I always do!!)
B. "Verified Juanette" is AWESOME!!!!!!!

Will you be able to attend at all next week? I would LOVE to see JM in action!!

One thing that keeps coming to mind, is the California plate on the car. I would imagine not too many on his street from out of state, let alone an upside down plate. However, as I've said, perhaps no one really paid any attention. And with Travis having roommates and friends around, nothing unusual.

MOO

Arizona is a transient state, lots of people from all over. It wouldn't be out of the norm to see an out of state plate. Especially if any of the neighbors knew he was from California. They'd think it was family or friends visiting.

The upside down plate might get more attention.
I also wonder if she turned the plate upside down after she murdered him? We may never know because ja and the truth are strangers. :)

Don't forget taking the pedophile letters to the National Enquirer- that's the one that crossed the line for me. The art work for profit doesn't make me like her either- especially under the name "soldier for christ". The anti-christ maybe!

RAWWWWR!!!! I actually had forgotten about that!!!! She didn't beat JA with a spoon ~ she just passed down her horrible spawn of satan seed!!!

I'm with you. I feel bad for her dad, but her mother, not so much.

yes, seeing her Dad made me feel bad for him. There was one time yesterday, they were fixed on him, and I was sure he was staring at Jodi sitting at the defense table, he looked so sad. I felt bad.

On that note.... I don't know about you all, but I always try my best when following these cases to try to 'detach' a bit, so it doesn't affect me emotionally, BUT, when Travis started singing on that phone call, and they panned over to his family, Tanisha (sp?) had a cute little smirk, I actually cried. I can only imagine they had heard him sing over the years, and although the call had JA in it, I hope that it reminded them of some goofy moment or memory of TA trying to sing or something silly like that. Hope that makes sense :)

Off to bed..... Candy throwing time! :)

Have fun. I think lol We celebrated early. Late lunch/early dinner at fave restaurant. With some afternoon delight :blushing: No candy thrown but certainly ingested. Orally :floorlaugh:

How much longer are they going to stretch out this testimony? I hope the judge reins them in a bit next week and tells them to get on with it. Let's get to her trip to Mesa and the murder. Enough with the texts and the pointless sex tapes already/

I think the time on the stand dedicated to all this crazy text/tape/phone biz is defense strategy.

Defense:
Long drawn out exposition of history
Very brief explanation of murder
Leave jury the impression the story/history is of major importance, not the murder itself

Prosecution (my guess at strategy):
Briefly go over tape/text/phone inconsistencies
Spend in depth time going over murder details
Leave jury with impression that the murder is the important information, everything else is just an excuse.

It will be interesting to see what questions the jury has for Jodi.

I think that JM did his voire dire on the email to send a message and to see her reaction. He succeeded in sending his message and probably saw what he was expecting. Despite what others have commented; I don't think she flinched. She just carried on and kept right on lying. So, he knows what he's dealing with; he's dealt with similar characters before.

I am still utterly perplexed by a system that allows the defence to get up there and say whatever they want (without the burden of proof) while not allowing the prosecution the same. This makes NO SENSE to me whatsoever. I was gobsmacked by this in the KC trial and am equally shocked in this one. As such, I will not be surprised by anything the jury concludes.

Regardless of how this case may conclude, I am so impressed with JM's intelligence and legal wherewithal but mostly, by his passion. His passion to defend the victim. He is clearly all about THAT! (Which I'm sorry to say but I didn't see a shred of for Caylee.)

I am hoping that this will help in Travis' defence...Because that is what this trial has now become.

Moo.
I'd love it if Jodi felt intimidated by Juan. Unfortunately, I don't believe she is either intimidated or afraid of him in the least. However, I predict we'll see the appearance of what looks like nerves and trepidation.

Yet another big, bad man being mean to sweet, innocent little Jodi. :rolleyes: I cannot wait to watch him decimate her as I truly believe he will.

She was there, that's a fact. She drove the rental car. I don't understand what you need cleared up?

Because parking somewhere else other than the driveway would show that Travis was not expecting her and she didn't want to be seen there.

I heard a couple of talking heads on HLN saying that Nurmi was being strategic by going so slow, because then Juan will have to spend even less time crossing her because the jury will be so sick of hearing her on the stand. I DISAGREE. lol

I think the jury will be on the edge of their seats when Juan gets up to bat. Did you see Jodi's soulless eyes when he confronted her yesterday. :eek: They were the size of saucers. I bet the jury woke up quick and probably enjoyed the excitement. Nice change of pace for them.

That had to come from a defense attorney. I totally agree with you Katy. Imo, those jurors right now are hoping the direct ends soon so Juan can get up and put truth back in the case. They will be riveted just like Beth has said they are everytime he stands up and takes command of that court.

They know they will learn verified facts............not just a droning of a 'she said' with the victim dead and voiceless.

Juan is going to take the evidence and push it right in her face and she cant stand the truth.

Heck just when he voir dired her about the email I jumped to attention more than anytime during the entire day.

IMO

Arizona is a transient state, lots of people from all over. It wouldn't be out of the norm to see an out of state plate. Especially if any of the neighbors knew he was from California. They'd think it was family or friends visiting.

The upside down plate might get more attention.
I also wonder if she turned the plate upside down after she murdered him? We may never know because ja and the truth are strangers. :)

So true. I have been to your State I would say maybe a dozen times. I have only met 2 people who were born Zony's. Very transient State.

I'd love it if Jodi felt intimidated by Juan. Unfortunately, I don't believe she is either intimidated or afraid of him in the least. However, I predict we'll see the appearance of what looks like nerves and trepidation.

Yet another big, bad man being mean to sweet, innocent little Jodi. :rolleyes: I cannot wait to watch him decimate her as I truly believe he will.

BritsKate - My fear is that if even one of these jurors believes a shred of her testimony and he (JM) gets "tough" with her; they might find sympathies to her favour. I think that the defence is hoping for just this! Given the information you've shared about yourself, surely you know and understand that this woman will not be phased by anything JM does. She might fake that she is (again to gain favour with whatever single juror she might have already "touched") but this chick will not sweat, no matter what.

moo

Here is an interesting article and wanted to share with you guys.

"If the killer’s own family and neighbors miss the red flags, what hope do the rest of us have?" writes Patrick Radden Keefe, author of the article linked below. As there's not really a graf encompassing all of the piece's subject matter, I snipped half a paragraph and went with it.

Keefe wrote a piece last week, also in The New Yorker, about Amy Bishop, who was sentenced to life in prison following her shooting of six fellow faculty members at University of Alabama-Huntsville and who, 23 years before, had shot and killed her own brother; it's linked here, and it is not to be missed. It is lengthy, and it is enthralling.

Here, he uses that case, as well as those of Waneta Hoyt and Karla Homolka, to focus on the question he raises in the title:

Did a murderer in waiting go undetected because she was a woman? (The New Yorker)

the rest at the links above

My hope is that she gets so flustered and frustrated not being in control that she will flip out and get tazed!!!! We all know that while Nurmi lets her ramble, JM is a "yes" or "no" kind of guy ~ after he cuts her off a few times in a row, I'll be praying she goes mental :)

I'd love it if Jodi felt intimidated by Juan. Unfortunately, I don't believe she is either intimidated or afraid of him in the least. However, I predict we'll see the appearance of what looks like nerves and trepidation. Yet another big, bad man being mean to sweet, innocent little Jodi. :rolleyes: I cannot wait to watch him decimate her as I truly believe he will.

BBM like she does when he objects and she says 'sorry' with her head down!!!!!

I really think that Jodi lacks the ability to show emotion of any kind. Even rage. I picture her killing Travis in a matter of fact type of way. I don't picture her screaming/yelling/angry.

A. Loving your picture (as I always do!!)
B. "Verified Juanette" is AWESOME!!!!!!!

Will you be able to attend at all next week? I would LOVE to see JM in action!!

Aww thanks!
A little comic relief helps keep me sane during this terribly sad and
heartbreaking trial.

I am hoping to go, but not sure yet.
If I'm lucky enough to get in I'll report on the happenings. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Graham_Skeeter