Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #37 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard a couple of talking heads on HLN saying that Nurmi was being strategic by going so slow, because then Juan will have to spend even less time crossing her because the jury will be so sick of hearing her on the stand. I DISAGREE. lol

I think the jury will be on the edge of their seats when Juan gets up to bat. Did you see Jodi's soulless eyes when he confronted her yesterday. :eek: They were the size of saucers. I bet the jury woke up quick and probably enjoyed the excitement. Nice change of pace for them.
:
:moo:what:

Wow! You took the words right out of my mouth. Did you notice when she was looking at JM her right eye looked crossed? Strange soul less eyes.

I heard a couple of talking heads on HLN saying that Nurmi was being strategic by going so slow, because then Juan will have to spend even less time crossing her because the jury will be so sick of hearing her on the stand. I DISAGREE. lol

I think the jury will be on the edge of their seats when Juan gets up to bat. Did you see Jodi's soulless eyes when he confronted her yesterday. :eek: They were the size of saucers. I bet the jury woke up quick and probably enjoyed the excitement. Nice change of pace for them.

You are so right. I think Nurmi thinks the jury should just take Jodi's word about everything. Defense is only going to show the jury things that are self-serving to her. We were able to sample a little of what Juan will have for her during cross. She's forewarned that she better have the right answers for Juan or her goose is cooked. The look on her face was as if she had gotten caught. I also think had Juan not asked that question the jury would have after Nurmi's rebuttal. jmo

Thete are two pieces of Jodi testimony that I want to read side by side: the part where she explains why she went back into the house for the angel gift that she left behind ABD the part where she left the drawing gift behind.

I think she used the real fight about the drawing as the basis for her lie about why she went back into the house and caught him masturbating. I think that Nurmi was just looking for more to talk about and he jept picking at her to elaborate on the " left the drawing behind" story. You could see her putting on the breaks in her head 'cause she knew they were in iffy territory.

Each lie is based on a little bit of fact. She was shooting daggers at Nurmi because he was so far off script. He was stalling. They were both lost.

I agree wholeheartedly about her father. Maybe I'm cold hearted but I can't muster up ANY sympathy for her mother! The constant smirk on her face, her #1 MOM necklace, shooting daggers with her eyes at TA's fam and shooting 5 hour energy shots in the courtroom make me think she has no heart or soul.

I'm with you. I feel bad for her dad, but her mother, not so much.

I imagine jurors thinking stuff like "I wish Prosecution would get their turn. I am sick of this sleazy woman and her sleazy attorneys." It's like they are being groomed for Juan! He will not disappoint them or us. Jodi is not a quick liar, she stumbles often and sometimes forgets what she was coached to say. Juan has a way of demanding the truth that is going to shake her up.

If that is their tactic Epic Fail.

I am finally caught up geezzzz work sure gets in the way ..Thanks for all the great posts

I agree wholeheartedly about her father. Maybe I'm cold hearted but I can't muster up ANY sympathy for her mother! The constant smirk on her face, her #1 MOM necklace, shooting daggers with her eyes at TA's fam and shooting 5 hour energy shots in the courtroom make me think she has no heart or soul.

Don't forget taking the pedophile letters to the National Enquirer- that's the one that crossed the line for me. The art work for profit doesn't make me like her either- especially under the name "soldier for christ". The anti-christ maybe!

Sorry, that was not the point I was trying to make. I know she was there - we all know that. LOL

Do we know if anyone actually saw her car or was she parked on another street? It woudl be hard to believe she just pulled up in the driveway.

To my knowledge no one noticed the car or saw her leave. It was June and a hot day. Most people would be inside that time of day.

No it's cool. I understood your post. I just felt bad having to explain it really wasn't a game and I wanted to laugh but didn't want you to think I was laughing at you! :floorlaugh:

And your avatar looks just like my shelter rescue dog! I could swear they're sibs! He's very handsome.

IMO, Jodi thinks she a celeb right now and is on stage in the performance of her life. It's her chance to shine right now and garner the attention she so craved with all of her previous boyfriends, especially TA. She would sit up there for 6 more months if the judge would allow it.

She has shown no remorse for this murder and will fade into obscurity like the Menendez brothers, Scott Peterson, Darlie Routier, and many others before her. The best mental punishment for JA is the lack of attention she will receive in jail from the outside world and the media after the trial, regardless of whether she is sentenced to LWOP or death.

I have wondered the same thing---where did she park. Because it was a rental, she probably felt fine about parking right out front at first.

But I agree with others who say she might have pretended to leave, and then she doubled back to catch him in the shower. I wonder if she parked furthyer away and snuck back on foot the second time.

One thing that keeps coming to mind, is the California plate on the car. I would imagine not too many on his street from out of state, let alone an upside down plate. However, as I've said, perhaps no one really paid any attention. And with Travis having roommates and friends around, nothing unusual.

MOO

Looks like cruise ship is docking.... Lots of cheering and waving!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grrrrrrrr I had a bunch of posts that I wanted to reply to and lost them when the last thread was closed :( Took me forever to catch up ... and I ain't going back there lol

Gus did say who it was with him in the car that day ( I posted her name earlier, but I don't really feel comfortable posting it again ), and said that she was fearful because of the Hughes brothers going to the media. He said more, but I can't remember now.

I still think Gus has his days mixed up and he was called the night TA's body was found, not the night he was killed. I think JA was making her 'calls' that night, I am pretty sure Abe said on Dr. Drew that she called him that night, and that other friend of hers from Utah, that testified, said she called her too in the middle of the night.

I love your signature line. What a profound statement by a young man taken from life long before his time. Makes all the sex and lah de dah pretty insignificant. His words speak to his character don't they?

They certainly do!!! I've read several blogs his friends wrote after his death and they all seem to agree that he was very animated and he LOVED life!!! Yesterday was the first I heard he was writing a book ~ it broke my heart all over again. I feel like he finally mustered up the courage to be DONE with JA and become the good mormon man he wanted to be...he was finally taking a stand to be Jodi free and she took it all away :(

Also, one girl (I believe it was Katie but not 100% sure), blogged that if it weren't for TA she would have gone hungry while in school. He used to pay for meals and buy her food while he helped her study and never, never expected anything in return. This makes JA's testimony of loaning him money in the amounts of $100, $699, and $220 even that much more UNbelieveable IMO!

Looks like cruise ship is docking.... Lots of cheering and waving!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

good news! Was watching it earlier today, sounded terrible!!!!! Had a giggle when some of the passengers were spelling out HELP with their bodies for the helicopters taking pics :D At least they still had a sense of humour!

I have read so many articles regarding this case, numerous Websleuths posts, other sites, police reports; I could go on and on. But nowhere have I seen any mention of someone seeing a car at Travis's house that night or of anyone being asked about that vehicle. Can any of you shed light on this for me?

Good question.
My guess is that JA in trying to avoid detection either parked in the garage or somewhere away from the TA home. JA had to reach her car while carrying her weapons and bloody clothes. I estimate she departed around 7-8PM which meant there was still daylight. So the likelihood of detection would have been high BUT as you say -"nobody saw nothing."

I have read so many articles regarding this case, numerous Websleuths posts, other sites, police reports; I could go on and on. But nowhere have I seen any mention of someone seeing a car at Travis's house that night or of anyone being asked about that vehicle. Can any of you shed light on this for me?

I think she parked it down the street or maybe a street over. Since it was a rental many might think someone out of town visitors.

It will be interesting to see what questions the jury has for Jodi.

I think that JM did his voire dire on the email to send a message and to see her reaction. He succeeded in sending his message and probably saw what he was expecting. Despite what others have commented; I don't think she flinched. She just carried on and kept right on lying. So, he knows what he's dealing with; he's dealt with similar characters before.

I am still utterly perplexed by a system that allows the defence to get up there and say whatever they want (without the burden of proof) while not allowing the prosecution the same. This makes NO SENSE to me whatsoever. I was gobsmacked by this in the KC trial and am equally shocked in this one. As such, I will not be surprised by anything the jury concludes.

Regardless of how this case may conclude, I am so impressed with JM's intelligence and legal wherewithal but mostly, by his passion. His passion to defend the victim. He is clearly all about THAT! (Which I'm sorry to say but I didn't see a shred of for Caylee.)

I am hoping that this will help in Travis' defence...Because that is what this trial has now become.

Moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member