Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #38 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jodi's mom hit her with a wooden spoon! Her dad slapped her! Geez
Many of us from the old school had worse than that done to Us.
My siblings and I were beaten with an extension cord! Grounded! I was raised in a very abusive strict home.
I witnessed my stepfather get shot by cops because he tried to pull a gun on a cop in a drunken rage! After beating me and my mom to a pulp. He was paralyzed from the waste down! Afterwards. My ten siblings and I went thru horrific conditions. Because he became more violent! More hatred blamed everyone but himself for. His own doing.
I say all this to say!
I not once thought of killing him! I later was married to an abusive man! I never ever thought of killing him. I had enough common sense! I left him went to a shelter got my college degree and never looked back. You may wonder why my mom didn't leave him! In those days! There were no shelters! Or resources to help battered woman.
So all this jodi claims of a wooden spoon is not enough to validate her killing Travis. From what I read! She was always wild! Rebellious and self centered. Another thought I have!
I don't know if Travis was ever exposed to kinky sex until he met jodi. Remember he was raised by his grandmother who was a Mormon. She must have been elated to be the one to introduce him to kinky sex! I really believe that.
He didnt have any *advertiser censored* pics of any kind on his computer or in his home. Lets not forget jodi had already experienced anal sex with other boyfriends.
Just saying.

:hug:

or she's going to say she bought it to commit suicide. when jodi was under surveillance, there appeared a brand new shiny rental car in front of her grandparents home. police armed with a search warrant, arrested jodie and searched the car. she had a box of books and amongst them were 2 knives. in her suitcase was a box of .9mm bullets, no gun. less than 1 month later, her mother was inquiring where the gun was that jodie had hidden in the rental car. the car was traced to san fransisco, and the .9mm gun was found. remember she claimed on the stand she wanted to kill herself after the final split and before moving back to yreka. she called her friend matt for a gun and he called her parents. i would think her mother would have mentioned this to the police, that she had threatened suicide if this actually is true, but maybe she thought releasing this info would hurt her case. who knows what's true? i think jodi loves herself too much to commit suicide.

If the defense doesn't open the door to all of this info, can Juan still cross her on it somehow? I hope so. It's very important imo.

Just jumping off your post Linda, not talking about your situation.
I'm amazed at how many women are attracted by bad boys, then end up in abusive situations, or left as a single mother.

Sad situation.

No worries. That was "back in the day", late teens, 20's. Luckily no abuse, no unwnted pregnancy!

Jodi and her defense, like I think Katie said, are trying to turn normal, ho-hum, boyfriend-girlfreind, friends with benefits, consensual, over-the-top sex into some BS "abuse excuse".

This gun was bought after the fact, sometime after she returned home. She wanted another gun for a reason. Maybe because her experience with the .25was dissapointing and she needed more firepower next time! Why she bought it is puzzling.

IMO it's not puzzling at all. We know she already killed Travis using both a gun and a knife. ....

She had another gun and knife with her when arrested. She was planning on killing someone else.

The only question... Who was next?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know what I was replying to there M'Ladyship but I agree with you 100%.

I heard a lot of people saying , much later, "how did my sister not see this coming?".

In our case, these guys conned a bank (my bank) out of $3K loan with no jobs or collateral (other than her life insurance policy), a custom home builder who signed a contract w/ them for a custom home (pre spending her life insurance before they killed her), Jaguar/ Mercedes other luxury car dealers, a Rolex watch seller who ordered them a watch (again prespending the life insurance while she was alive), and at least 7 women who ALL CAME OUT OF THE WOODWORK once our case hit the media. These guys had conned all of these people in to thinking they were anything from pro basketball/tennis players, international businessmen, German air force pilots , bankers, etc.

Again I never under estimate the manipulative powers of a sociopath.

Oh and I've mentioned it before...a 7 year long 10 plus million dollar hearing that my father and I had to testify in nearly 2 decades later, resulted in one of them getting off Death Row with a mental retardation claim. Yes he still has a conspiracy conviction for the detailed premeditation and cover up but he's "legally mentally retarded".

Once JA is sentenced to death, she will have all kinds of attorneys wanting to "help" her. Luckily on one level the focus will be off Travis' faults and on to her victimhood, by the system. How the system has victimized her over and over for decades until she dies a natural death, alone, in prison.

IMO

Often when I hear people ask how your sister "didn't see this coming," and that THEY would have "realized something was wrong," there is a lot of fear behind those statements. All of us would like to believe we couldn't be conned, it's really scary to contemplate. And yet if we're honest with ourselves we can all look back on occasions when someone turned out to be very different from what we thought they were. But if we don't recognize that vulnerability in ourselves, we make ourselves even more vulnerable.

If she had intended to go to Utah directly from Pasadena CA , she could easily have made it in 12 hours with time to spare. However, her "detour" to Mesa also took her off the most direct route to Utah, added mileage and a lot of time.

It also leads me back to the question of whether she anticipated entering Travis' home and killing him immediately? Even if she had, she would not have made it to Ryan's within 12 hours from Pasadena.

MOO

She wanted it to be a messy kill with the knife (if you go by the examiner's version of events). The bathroom would be an ideal place to mop up incriminating evidence after a gory murder. It didn't go as expected as he tried to fight back and made it to the bedroom, leaving blood and evidence all over the hard to clean carpet fibers. This applies even if the gunshot came first. The bathroom idea was clever.

edit: Didn't mean to quote "panthera" here

I am starting to realize I have had no fun in my life. lol

Well JA sure beat you on the "fun" factor! She stated she had "fun, fun" during the time-frame of the murder! The following is from JA's voicemail to TA six hours after the murder:
... What else, um . . . I drove one hundred miles in the wrong direction -- over a hundred miles, thank you very much! So yeah. Remember New Mexico? It was a lot like that, only you weren't here to prevent me from going into the three digits, so -- fun, fun! I'll tell you all about that later. ...

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #37 *may contain graphic and adult content*

*nod. Not like TX....but there's usually a at least a couple a year. Kind of off topic....I don't know how they determine whose number is up and whose isn't. We still have a few from the 70's....I thought they would have ran out of their appeals process long ago.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

In 2012 Texas carried out 15 death penalties, up from 13 in 2011.

Often when I hear people ask how your sister "didn't see this coming," and that THEY would have "realized something was wrong," there is a lot of fear behind those statements. All of us would like to believe we couldn't be conned, it's really scary to contemplate. And yet if we're honest with ourselves we can all look back on occasions when someone turned out to be very different from what we thought they were. But if we don't recognize that vulnerability in ourselves, we make ourselves even more vulnerable.

Everyone has some kind of vulnerability in them. For sales people, it's making a sale. (like the insurance sales people I hold complicit for my sister's death). For some people it's wanting to be loved. Or liked. Or admired. Or less alone. For others wanting sex. Sociopaths instantly hone in on these "openings" and blast right through them before the person has any idea they are being conned.

I think Gavin De Becker's "The Gift of Fear" is a MUST READ as he keeps saying over and over your greatest weapon against this kind of thing is your primal gut instinct. And he's a seasoned FBI guy having created all the security measures for the Supreme Court (and many other things).

Yet his book is all about listening and trusting your intuition.

IMO it's not puzzling at all. We know she already killed Travis using both a gun and a knife. ....

She had another gun and knife with her when arrested. She was planning on killing someone else.

The only question... Who was next?

I wonder who....probably someone she feared could hurt her in terms of this crime...??? Or maybe she thought she'd gotten away with it so was feeling cocky and headed for....one of Travis' women? Terrifying to think about.

I wonder who....probably someone she feared could hurt her in terms of this crime...??? Or maybe she thought she'd gotten away with it so was feeling cocky and headed for....one of Travis' women? Terrifying to think about.

Sky Hughes?

If true that she arrived in Mesa at 4am, slept, had sex and did some *advertiser censored* shots before the murder which was at 5:30pm and probably out of te house by 6 pm her detour was 14 hours. Then off to Utah!

I have forgotten, where in Utah was Ryan? Phoenix to SLC is 11 hours. A lot of time for her to be driving around "lost" while she was actually with Travis.

:rolleyes:

could also be that she always had weapons around and needed to restock (she ditched the murder weapons imhoo)

(re: thinking of knives used to slash tires, etc... not to mention guns and ammo were very common in both her parents' and grandparents' house per what was recovered in the SW and what we saw of grandpa's gun closet)

I agree and I too find most intelligent men are not comfy with this adoration which is really manipulation. A decent, mature man does not want to be responsible for someone else's happiness. So don't go on and on gushing about how happy HE makes YOU.
Just let him experience your happiness with yourself, your life, your circumstances, etc. Don't pin it on him.

Count me in, too. :)

If anything it was Jodi who seemed to be stuck with a weird, off-putting form of this arrested mentality - not Travis.

Um, who "loans" someone money and takes the time to put something in the memo line that is not the word "LOAN"?

/QUOTE]

Somebody who's been loaned money for several different things: car, trips, living expenses.

She wanted it to be a messy kill with the knife (if you go by the examiner's version of events). The bathroom would be an ideal place to mop up incriminating evidence after a gory murder. It didn't go as expected as he tried to fight back and made it to the bedroom, leaving blood and evidence all over the hard to clean carpet fibers. This applies even if the gunshot came first. The bathroom idea was clever.

i agree, she may have thought the bathroom was the best room for clean up.. he says he's going to take a shower... she may have used the 'calvin klein ad' photo shoot excuse as a reason to be in the bathroom with him, and for why the shower door was open. there he would be: naked, wet/slippery, vulnerable (relaxed by the hot water,) trapped in the stall... that's why those photos were carp - 'cause she really didn't care about taking them.

Well JA sure beat you on the "fun" factor! She stated she had "fun, fun" during the time-frame of the murder! The following is from JA's voicemail to TA left day after the murder:
... What else, um . . . I drove one hundred miles in the wrong direction -- over a hundred miles, thank you very much! So yeah. Remember New Mexico? It was a lot like that, only you weren't here to prevent me from going into the three digits, so -- fun, fun! I'll tell you all about that later. ...

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #37 *may contain graphic and adult content*

She also says that her phone died.

That call points heavily to premeditation. It was padding to her cell phone alibi. She knew the missing time would invoke suspicion and so she made this call shortly after the murder to give the air of credibility to her forthcoming explanation to law enforcement.

Damn, this woman is clever.

Um, who "loans" someone money and takes the time to put something in the memo line that is not the word "LOAN"?

/QUOTE]

Somebody who's been loaned money for several different things: car, trips, living expenses.

If I am repaying a personal loan to a friend I would write Thank You in the memo line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member