Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #38 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she had intended to go to Utah directly from Pasadena CA , she could easily have made it in 12 hours with time to spare. However, her "detour" to Mesa also took her off the most direct route to Utah, added mileage and a lot of time.

It also leads me back to the question of whether she anticipated entering Travis' home and killing him immediately? Even if she had, she would not have made it to Ryan's within 12 hours from Pasadena.

MOO

There was never a reason for her to go to Southern California to begin with -- other than to give her a direct eastward shot to Mesa.

She told Flores that she had planned on seeing her friend Laura and the new baby, but that was never even discussed or confirmed with Laura. So essentially Jodi just showed up in Southern California without having any specific plans to see anyone or do anything there. It was obviously just an excuse to put her in the right place to give her a direct route to Mesa.

JA was pulled over after she left RyanB's house, on that first double car ride to RyanB's meeting. Details at the following link on page 4 of 6 at the 12pm notation: http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/02/11/jodi-arias-trial-tragic-roadtrip

BBM - "... they're not the Taliban ...":lol: - Sorry! Hope I didn't offend! Still trying to learn/understand the Mormon rules.

my mistake about the timing of the pullover.

And the Taliban comment was typed with a smile, your comment was by no means offensive.

Still cannot figure out the two-car thing. Was Ryan questioned about that?

I'm NOT by any means "legal" in any sort of laws, etc....but, I keep trying to say to myself that what JM says in the Closing Statements will tie everything together and wrap it in a bow.

I AM wondering if it's the same in AZ as in Fla. where the Prosecution will get "another" chance, so to speak, after the Defenses closing??

Yes, the state has a rebuttal case to present in response to the defense case.

Who did Jodi think Travis was dating ? Lisa or Mimi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She thought he was dating Mimi. She told Flores that she thought Travis had found the person he was going to marry. She only found out after she murdered Travis that Mimi had basically turned him down -- she found this out from the bishop. It's all part of one of her interrogations with Flores.

There was never a reason for her to go to Southern California to begin with -- other than to give her a direct eastward shot to Mesa.

She told Flores that she had planned on seeing her friend Laura and the new baby, but that was never even discussed or confirmed with Laura. So essentially Jodi just showed up in Southern California without having any specific plans to see anyone or do anything there. It was obviously just an excuse to put her in the right place to give her a direct route to Mesa.
Exactly. However in doing so, it gave her a more difficult and longer route to Utah than if she had gone to Utah directly from California. It would seem diverting to see Ryan was more of an attempt at an alibi than anything else. If only she hadn't left the forensic evidence behind at Travis' house and arrived at Ryan's on schedule.

:desert:

MOO

I'm just trying to figure out who was next on her hit list. My gut tells me she was just getting started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't remember when the email was sent to Lisa, but if you read the last line its basically a threat.

“You are a shameful *advertiser censored*. Your Heavenly Father must be deeply ashamed of the whoredoms you’ve committed with that insidious man. If you let him stay in your bed one more time or even sleep under the same roof as him, you will be giving the appearance of evil. You are driving away the Holy Ghost, and you are wasting your time. You are also compromising your salvation and breaking your baptismal covenants. Of all the commandments to break, committing acts of whoredom is one of the most displeasing in the eyes of God. Think about your future husband, and how you disrespect not only yourself, but him, as well as the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Is that what you want for yourself? Your future, your salvation, and your posterity is resting on your choices and actions. You are a daughter of God, and you have been a shameful example. Be thou clean, sin no more. Heavenly Father loves you and wants you to make the right choices. I know you are strong enough to choose the right. Your Father in Heaven is pulling for you. Don’t ignore the promptings you receive, because they are vital to your spiritual well-being.”

Another thing: it seems it was Travis' friends that effectively ended the official relationship between the two .. people took him aside and said 'Dude...' right when Jodi would have thought she was really making headway...I'm thinking he cited tyranny of distance as the reason for the split which is why she moved to Mesa ... Then she gets down there to an icy reception (particularly from his friends). I wonder if the penny dropped then, that the friends didn't think she was good enough for him. Anyway, by the time he wanted to keep their friendship secret she definitely knew.

This is one thing that I think MAY show that Jodi is not a psychopath but had borderline personality disorder, as many posters here have mentioned. I'm wondering if she was really a psychopath if she wouldn't have tried to make up to those friends, to get them to encourage Travis to continue seeing her.

I don't think she was obsessed with Travis. I don't think she was jealous. I think she'd spent more than 10 years trying to find a guy, any guy, that could give her the lifestyle she thought she deserved and Travis was the best one yet. She used the tactic she always used, sex, and once again it wasn't working (even Darryl didn't want to marry her). I think she was angry, angry, angry. She had this identity she wanted, and he was preventing her from having it.

Seem like Betty Broderick is the best of example of that kind of thinking, as katiecoolady and others have mentioned. MOO

Has anyone heard anything about what Jodi's and Travis' checking accounts show. If one of them loaned money to the other, and it was done by check, there should be a paper trail showing who gave how much to who and when. Which of them gave a check to the other FIRST is what I want to know. Also, the balance in Travis's account would reflect whether he NEEDED to borrow money. I have a feeling that the checks written to Travis were to pay back money he loaned to Jodi.

She truly believed that the water in the washing machine would "short circuit" the camera, preventing a successful forensic examination.

There's always the chance that the camera got scooped up with clothes & linens and she basically forgot she left it. Maybe something spooked her and she had to get out of there in a hurry.

I can't help but think she wanted to keep those shower pictures and their "destruction" was inadvertant.

(Or were they deleted before the shower and I missed that?)

my mistake about the timing of the pullover.

And the Taliban comment was typed with a smile, your comment was by no means offensive.

Still cannot figure out the two-car thing. Was Ryan questioned about that?

:) - I thought I sensed a smile through that Taliban comment. Thanks!

BBM - Not that I have heard an answer to but I'd have to defer to those who have been following this case longer than my short time since the trial started.

There's always the chance that the camera got scooped up with clothes & linens and she basically forgot she left it. Maybe something spooked her and she had to get out of there in a hurry.

I can't help but think she wanted to keep those shower pictures and their "destruction" was inadvertant.

(Or were they deleted before the shower and I missed that?)

They were all deleted as testified by Melendez at the trial. I believe she thought the washing cycle would be enough to destroy the camera.

Isn't that what they were looking at - body parts and organs, when she "accidentally" went too far back and wound up in Travis' MySpace?
YYYEEESSS! I've wondered if she snuck in when she arrived (4 am or earlier) and if she might have been on his computer without his knowledge. He might have been upstairs sleeping? You've made a really interesting connection here! I thought it was so strange that she mentioned this while testifying but I guess she knows the PA knows something about what sites were surfed. Remember, she also says that they got into a fight in his office and I think that's when her external hard-drive was damaged.

Is it possible that she snuck in, was snooping on his computer and he found her there and had a fight?

Then lots of discussion, make up sex and off to sleep?

Yes ! She only needed to go as far south as Monterey to pick up the gas cans from Darryl.

Has anyone heard anything about what Jodi's and Travis' checking accounts show. If one of them loaned money to the other, and it was done by check, there should be a paper trail showing who gave how much to who and when. Which of them gave a check to the other FIRST is what I want to know. Also, the balance in Travis's account would reflect whether he NEEDED to borrow money. I have a feeling that the checks written to Travis were to pay back money he loaned to Jodi.

I don't believe this information has been released.

moo

I can't remember when the email was sent to Lisa, but if you read the last line its basically a threat.

“You are a shameful *advertiser censored*. Your Heavenly Father must be deeply ashamed of the whoredoms you’ve committed with that insidious man. If you let him stay in your bed one more time or even sleep under the same roof as him, you will be giving the appearance of evil. You are driving away the Holy Ghost, and you are wasting your time. You are also compromising your salvation and breaking your baptismal covenants. Of all the commandments to break, committing acts of whoredom is one of the most displeasing in the eyes of God. Think about your future husband, and how you disrespect not only yourself, but him, as well as the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Is that what you want for yourself? Your future, your salvation, and your posterity is resting on your choices and actions. You are a daughter of God, and you have been a shameful example. Be thou clean, sin no more. Heavenly Father loves you and wants you to make the right choices. I know you are strong enough to choose the right. Your Father in Heaven is pulling for you. Don’t ignore the promptings you receive, because they are vital to your spiritual well-being.”
I can't remember now...Was this email introduced at trial? Was LE able to trace it's origin???

Exactly. However in doing so, it gave her a more difficult and longer route to Utah than if she had gone to Utah directly from California. It would seem diverting to see Ryan was more of an attempt at an alibi than anything else. If only she hadn't left the forensic evidence behind at Travis' house and arrived at Ryan's on schedule.

:desert:

MOO

BBM - Maybe that's where JA's "I chickened out like a little b*tch!" comment came into play. Had she followed through with whatever her plans were, on the pre-planned schedule, and if things hadn't gone so terribly wrong [different than whatever she had planned] and hadn't been so messy, maybe she thought she would have had a better chance of getting away with her evil doings. ???

Such a shame she "chickened out" and then messed up so badly! /snark

Can't imagine either he wouldn't leave some record of what he had loaned and how much she owed.

:waitasec:

MOO

since she looks pretty surprised they even found the camera, my guess is in her scurry to clean up part of the crime scene and run things to the washer, the camera got scooped up in the things and put in and she did not realize it.

It's creepy how she asks "can I see the pictures?"

Email was sent in December 2007 IIRC, the day after the second tire slashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo