Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #38 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree, they seem to be hoping 1 juror will sympathize , much like betty broderick's 1st trial, which ended up hung jury, smearing the dead victim and feeling sorry for betty ,, however, i see no abuse in this case, so how could even 1 juror be swayed into feeling sorry for her?

What's interesting, to me, are the discussions on which gender people suspect will be more sympathetic to JA.

A MAN on "Dr. Drew's jury" appeared to sympathize with her last week.

I would think males would be terrified of her. And they are aiming at women, like with the BB case, who've been treated poorly and fantasized of doing exactly what she did in retaliation. That's what kind of "worked" in the BB trial. I don't see it happening here, on either end.

ignore me (marking my place)
:)

Really, has anyone rented a car and thrown away the floor mats before returning the car? I have driven rental cars and have not even given the floor mats one thought at all! I think that one act, eliminating the car mats, is very very transparent!

Yeah wonder how she's gonna explain that one. She did it accidentally? Travis went out to her car and did it? The same "kids" who flipped her license plates stole them? Just who will she blame it on?

Um, who "loans" someone money and takes the time to put something in the memo line that is not the word "LOAN"?

How does this Nurmi pull this stuff out with a straight face? Seriously!

I remember one time jokingly I put "lap dance" in the memo on a check ...

I think Travis was a great guy but I also think he and Jodi were both equally responsible for their roller coaster relationship. If he truly wanted NOTHING to do with her then he should NOT have had any contact with her, especially the sex. I believe he was giving mixed feelings by continuing to have a sexual relationship with her. He could have said no. He did NOT deserve to die and Jodi does NOT get a pass for what she did but I do not think he was all sweet and innocent in their relationship.

You know what I find different with this....SHE kept coming back to HIM. He wasn't out following her around or just showing up at her door. I remember something to the effect that her calls to Travis were almost 3X the amount he called her "after" they weren't "official" anymore.

In her letter to Travis, she said she "understood" everything. She references him SAYING that he didn't want to upset Deanna, he wanted to retain his bachelor "status" or whatever, that his friends complained about her, etc. So, basically, seems he DID, in fact, tell Jodi these reasons for how things were. Bachelor "status", come on now!! THAT pretty much says it all.
She even states in the letter they were FRIENDS, not "secret lovers".

She's telling Ryan she's coming to visit him, yet, she "supposedly" planned with Travis to come to his house?? So, she went to Utah via Arizona.
Yet, I'm pretty positive Travis didn't know about her supposed "original" plans to visit Ryan. So, IMO, apparently SHE was being deceitful....and obviously playin the field, as well. IMO, she enjoyed trying to make TA jealous....IMO, she tried at any opportunity she could. Why go into "this guy" or "that guy" if you're continuously carrying on with Travis. The whole "but you TOLD me I should date" was exactly what she wanted to be able to say. She enjoyed his getting somewhat "miffed" by her telling him about the other guys.
It was her going after these other guys and playing it up to Travis. And, IMO, there really wasn't any way to tell JA "no". If telling someone you want to be looked at as a bachelor and be seen as "playing the field" and it STILL didn't sum it all up for her, then...???

Again, no offense meant and all just IMO.

my theory on this is she thinks if she has a 9 mm the investigation will be so stupid as to think "oh, she has a 9 mm, not a .25 " covering up her bases, pLUS, those checks she wrote to travis, she KNEW he wouldnt be alive to cash them, thus, she can use the money in her account that would've been cashed by travis and will never be.

This gun was bought after the fact, sometime after she returned home. She wanted another gun for a reason. Maybe because her experience with the .25was dissapointing and she needed more firepower next time! Why she bought it is puzzling.

ITA, the taped phone call really illustrated this, she used flattery and manipulation to conceal her true self and attempted to manipulate Travis into loving her. My own opinion is that Travis was naive and susceptible to this because of his lack of experience with women. Someone who was more seasoned might have picked up on her inauthenticity in time to save themselves.
Which is why, in my opinion, psychopaths specifically target those whom are somehow vulnerable - whether that be by age, immaturity, sheltered nature, etc.

Really, has anyone rented a car and thrown away the floor mats before returning the car? I have driven rental cars and have not even given the floor mats one thought at all! I think that one act, eliminating the car mats, is very very transparent!

Absolutely not! Of course I have been one to return the car with the gas tank full also so as not to have the rental company charge their rate per gallon.

:D

As this was a white car, I would imagine it had a light colored interior (perhaps beige) where the stain on the floor mat was very obvious.

This gun was bought after the fact, sometime after she returned home. She wanted another gun for a reason. Maybe because her experience with the .25was dissapointing and she needed more firepower next time! Why she bought it is puzzling.

One thing I wondered is since she knew she was a person of interest in the death of Travis and was packing to leave, perhaps it was for her suicide so she would not be imprisoned for the rest of her life at age 28. Run as long as she could then kill herself?

Absolutely not! Of course I have been one to return the car with the gas tank full also so as not to have the rental company charge their rate per gallon.

:D

As this was a white car, I would imagine it had a light colored interior (perhaps beige) where the stain on the floor mat was very obvious.

And we always check in seats under seats ect when we rent a car to see if past customer left any thing LOL

Yeah that "RED Koolaid"must of have been very obvious

THANK YOU. So neither of the afternoon phone calls could Arias have said, Guess where I am? Arizona!!". She couldn't have been there by that time.
I wish they had the pings on where those calls were placed from.

I know she has already admitted murdering him, I would just like to figure out how this all went down.

Arias claimed that her cell phone battery died out somewhere in Southern California. The phone was reactivated near the Utah and Nevada borders, conveniently leaving no trace of cell phone activity during her stay in Mesa, Arizona. She had enough foresight to anticipate the scepticism of law enforcement concerning the "missing time" (Flores grilled her on this) so she left a voice mail on Travis's phone (after death) telling him that she got "lost" and that her cell phone battery "died". She told the same story later to Flores, saying she got stranded somewhere in Nevada. That's strong evidence to support premeditation and shows how well thought out her plan was. She knew just hours after the murder that her cell phone activity could be used to substantiate an alibi but she had to explain the missing time. Highly unlikely that an abused woman who just survived a traumatic episode with her abuser, leaving him dead, would have the clarity of mind to add credibility to her cell phone alibi like Jodi did.

Then why the "hesitation" wound theory (or finding)??? Wouldn't those wounds be on the side the knife wound originated??

Not sure what you mean. The ME did not observe any hesitation marks.

I am wondering if Juan will bother refuting all her convaluted lies, or simply bring the jury's focus back to the murder and stay on that topic. I don't really see the need to go over her lies again from a standpoint of getting a guilty verdict, even though we would all love to see it.

Either way it will be very interesting to see how Juan approaches this from a strategy standpoint.

I believe you are right about Juan. But I'm right there with you in saying we would all love to see it.
I can't wait to see how he handles it.

What's interesting, to me, are the discussions on which gender people suspect will be more sympathetic to JA.

A MAN on "Dr. Drew's jury" appeared to sympathize with her last week.

I would think males would be terrified of her. And they are aiming at women, like with the BB case, who've been treated poorly and fantasized of doing exactly what she did in retaliation. That's what kind of "worked" in the BB trial. I don't see it happening here, on either end.

I'm confident Juan, when talking about her obsession and stalking patterns, can bring reality to the forefront of those men...if they've ever had a gf in the past with similar tactics, or somehow imagining the horror of having one.

Yes, Jodie should be a future case study on scary girlfriends :seeya: <<<<----MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper