Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #38 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wait with baited breath to have Juan point out the "Iowa" (or was it "idaho") note on one of the checks.

I am pretty sure that Jodi could have been paying him for one of the trips she went on with him. (see money thread for more details)

I am wondering if Juan will bother refuting all her convaluted lies, or simply bring the jury's focus back to the murder and stay on that topic. I don't really see the need to go over her lies again from a standpoint of getting a guilty verdict, even though we would all love to see it.

Either way it will be very interesting to see how Juan approaches this from a strategy standpoint.

How strange is it that in her written diary entry here (second to last page) she says that Travis' names for a girl include 'Hinckley' as well as Iris, Regan, or Megan? I mean Hinckley?? I don't know about you guys but the instant I hear that name I just think crazy unrequited love stalker .. funny that.

Lots of weird Freudian slips around Jodi Arias .. if you read between the lines of what she says and look at things metaphorically you can actually start to read her.

Exactly!!! Sorry if this was discussed, but what do we make of her use of the word "REMARRY" on the phone sex tape...? She literally thought of herself as his wife!!!

I am wondering if Juan will bother refuting all her convaluted lies, or simply bring the jury's focus back to the murder and stay on that topic. I don't really see the need to go over her lies again from a standpoint of getting a guilty verdict, even though we would all love to see it.

Either way it will be very interesting to see how Juan approaches this from a strategy standpoint.

idk... if he is going for showing her as an all out liar I would prove as much of it a lie as I could.

It certainly will be interesting thing to see. I do opine that he will not jump all around in time like the defense has done (moo of course) and will keep the pace up:twocents:

KUDO'S TO ALL YOU SAID!!

I too, "have navigated the world of dating complete with "bad boys" and all the dynamics we've survived and thrived through".

I, sadly, had mistaken sex for possible "relationships" in the past, realized it was not "going anywhere", got my feelings hurt and moved on. Jodi could not move on and continued to have "consensual" sex with him. Her feeling were hurt but instead of moving on killed him.

Just jumping off your post Linda, not talking about your situation.
I'm amazed at how many women are attracted by bad boys, then end up in abusive situations, or left as a single mother.

Sad situation.

Exactly!!! Sorry if this was discussed, but what do we make of her use of the word "REMARRY" on the phone sex tape...? She literally thought of herself as his wife!!!

she said that? :eek:

(confession: I was in the library with bad headphones at the time)

Hi Dawg

Phone records June 2
Phone records show several calls between Arias and Alexander in the early morning hours:

Arias called Alexander four times between 1 a.m. and 3 a.m.

These calls were all very short, the longest 17 seconds.

Alexander called Arias twice during the 3 a.m. hour:

The first call was just under 18 minutes, the second about 41 minutes.
Arias called Travis at 4:03 a.m. The call lasted 2 minutes, 48 seconds.

June 3

Arias called Alexander twice:

A 17-second call at 12:57 p.m.
A 2-minute, 50-second call at 1:51 p.m.

THANK YOU. So neither of the afternoon phone calls could Arias have said, Guess where I am? Arizona!!". She couldn't have been there by that time.
I wish they had the pings on where those calls were placed from.

I know she has already admitted murdering him, I would just like to figure out how this all went down.

It's not necessary. But you must understand this is a message board where people are discussing a trial. And the defense strategy is attempting to convince the jury, where it counts, that this victim deserved to die for his weaknesses or "faults".

A juror might think that because it's what being sold to them. There is an agenda going on here to manipulate even one juror to believing Travis deserved to die, therefore give JA more lenience. That is the entire nutshell of these last two weeks of testimony.

And that, imo, is far more egregious than a conflicted man navigating his life and religion and relationships.

This IS a life and death situation on many levels.

Having an opinion on this victim's humanity is just that. An opinion.

Making a life/death decision on this is in a whole different sphere but it is what we are discussing here...and it's what counts ultimately.

i agree, they seem to be hoping 1 juror will sympathize , much like betty broderick's 1st trial, which ended up hung jury, smearing the dead victim and feeling sorry for betty ,, however, i see no abuse in this case, so how could even 1 juror be swayed into feeling sorry for her?

Wondering about when and why she bought that 9 mm pistol. I believe the brand was a High Point. They sell for around $170.00 most places. It's more or less a very low priced handgun compared to most pistols of this caliber. It just seems odd to go buy a gun after you've butchered someone and knowing that you are a suspect.
Once again she is armed with a gun and knives. Something makes me very curious about her arming herself again.

yes, me too. And when I've said "fighting for his life" I have never meant that in a way as if he was standing and fending her off and swinging his arms and yelling at her.. I meant "he won't die" as fast as she wanted. His legs moved/slow crawl, or tried to bring the knee up to the chest/fetal position, or he moaned, or a hand moved so she stabbed it, or poked or sliced...

And as far as fast goes, 4 to 5 minutes is about the time we're talking from alive to not alive. Not a far fetched amount of time for a 5' 9" almost 200 lb young healthy male to take to bleed out. Especially when caught in a surprise attack.

Now that I've read the autopsy, I'm persuaded that Jodi definitely knew "how" to thrust a knife quite savagely. One of the anterior chest thrusts disturbed the costochondral cartilage so severely that the ME cut out the specimen to save for further analysis. That she made so many shallow cuts was initially puzzling to me. For instance, the cluster of stab wounds on Travis' back were an average of only an inch deep. Now, it appears to me from this pattern of stabs that she didn't intend to stab deeply in the back. There is no mention of the knife becoming stuck in the posterior ribs, or damaging the posterior ribs. It appears to me from the AR that these cuts were made at that depth "on purpose"-- and not because she inadvertently kept hitting ribs. And they sure don't look or sound like "hesitation" wounds.

And so I begin to think more about this, I'm thinking that it's more than possible that she was taunting and torturing him while he was still conscious. Intentionally not stabbing too deeply, as opposed to wondering "why won't you die" and continuing to stab.

Jodi definitely knows where the vital organs are in a person. She also has a good idea how deep inside the body they are.

I wish the ME had talked about this more in his testimony-- the clusters of shallow wounds, versus the very savage, deep wounds. But perhaps that was felt to be too speculative, since the sheer number of wounds is so savage.

Willing to bet! The 45 minute phone call! She was teasing him! Telling him what she would do to him sexually! She was prepping him!

Wabbit I think the conversation went kinda like this, "hi hon! I'm going to walmart first thing tomorrow...should I get the 4oz or 8oz KY? Remember that time in Oklahoma City? You were MAGNIFICENT..."

Evening everyone! Can anyone tell me when the trial is back on please?

Thanks

Snipped and BBM

Another thing: it seems it was Travis' friends that effectively ended the official relationship between the two .. people took him aside and said 'Dude...' right when Jodi would have thought she was really making headway...I'm thinking he cited tyranny of distance as the reason for the split which is why she moved to Mesa ... Then she gets down there to an icy reception (particularly from his friends). I wonder if the penny dropped then, that the friends didn't think she was good enough for him. Anyway, by the time he wanted to keep their friendship secret she definitely knew.

I am so glad you said this, Mrs G. It has really been bugging me trying to figure out why she would move to Mesa *after* they were 'officially' broken up. Your theory makes perfect sense!

I feel so sorry for Travis. He was probably trying is darnedest to break it off with her in a way that would let her down easy.

I am really surprised he kept taking her calls, but I suppose that was part of trying to ease her out of his life.

Or the blackmail angle. I believe that recorded sex tape was for blackmail purposes

My belief is he will get right to the point, and the purpose of everyone being in the courtroom: Travis' murder.

I am sure he realizes how utterly nauseating listening to her ramblings about her life history and sex truly is, and limit his questioning only to what is relevant.

MOO

Wondering about when and why she bought that 9 mm pistol. I believe the brand was a High Point. They sell for around $170.00 most places. It's more or less a very low priced handgun compared to most pistols of this caliber. It just seems odd to go buy a gun after you've butchered someone and knowing that you are a suspect.
Once again she is armed with a gun and knives. Something makes me very curious about her arming herself again.

my theory on this is she thinks if she has a 9 mm the investigation will be so stupid as to think "oh, she has a 9 mm, not a .25 " covering up her bases, pLUS, those checks she wrote to travis, she KNEW he wouldnt be alive to cash them, thus, she can use the money in her account that would've been cashed by travis and will never be.

Yes, and that is what leads me to believe led to the disposal of the floor mats from the car.

Really, has anyone rented a car and thrown away the floor mats before returning the car? I have driven rental cars and have not even given the floor mats one thought at all! I think that one act, eliminating the car mats, is very very transparent!

Me too. Wonder if Nurmi will do a pre emptive strike on this and bring it up.

It's like Scott Peterson being caught with dyed hair and all kinds of "getaway" material in his car. And a map to Amber Frey's house.

I suspect they (Jodi Arias and her defense team) will somehow try to blame this gun purchase on Travis. Posthumously. smh

THANK YOU. So neither of the afternoon phone calls could Arias have said, Guess where I am? Arizona!!". She couldn't have been there by that time.
I wish they had the pings on where those calls were placed from.

I know she has already admitted murdering him, I would just like to figure out how this all went down.

Hi JJ
I think she was still in Southern California, collecting KY and gas cans..:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo