Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #38 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's weird is it does appear she's making eye contact but she's really looking in their general direction but, to me, it doesn't appear that she's making specific eye contact with anyone. I'll look for that specifically this week but it's more like how an actor looks out to the audience but they are not making any eye contact but a general gaze. That's what it looks like to me, which fits the pathology here.

Interesting. It may be coaching, as if her attorneys have told her to "make eye contact with the jury", so she turns in their direction to make it appear she is doing that although it is a soulless gaze?

Hi NY

In her warped mind I think she was continuing to cater to and encourage his fantasies. She figured if she did this after awhile he would be afraid to marry a "nice" Morman girl because he would not be able to act out those sexual situations which Jodi allowed him to do. Remember in the tape she wonders about the people they will eventually marry, afraid they would never be kinky enough....planting the seed in his mind that maybe he should consider her "marriage material" after all.

IMO

That is exactly what she's doing there. Talking about how she wants to marry a "returning Missionary" (when in reality her involvement with the Mormon religion was very very recent) yet is concerned he won't be kinky enough for her. It's all her attempting to manipulate him to thinking he could have the best of both worlds with her. Because her only Method Operandi is mimicing others, she thinks that door swings both ways.

She's just so obvious. Textbook even. There are jurors who will see this clearly too.

Do you have anyone in your past who you'd say, "If I end up dead, S/he did it." I do. I jokingly refer to it as my "light stalking" with my friends, but the more I read here, the more I am glad I've covered my tracks. It all sounds familiar.

I went out with Man "A" for over 10 years. He was a musician- very clever, very funny, very troubled. After saving him many times, I finally kicked him out of the Pacific NW, knowing we'd always be toxic together if we resided in the same part of the US.

Man "B" is someone I dated as a palate cleanser, after years of Man "A". He was also very clever, very funny, very troubled. I told him he was super fun, and that the relationship had no long term potential. I said this in a much kinder way, but pretty direct. We dated for 6 fun months.

Man "C" is someone I dated after Man "B" because he had been persistently following me around for years. He always magically appeared as a customer where I worked, even after changing locations several times. He knew me when I was dating Man "A" and I always regarded him as just a regular customer. Much like Man "B" I explained to him that this was not serious for me, and that I was still on the mend from Man "A". We dated for about 3 months, during which time my roommates called him creepy, phony, and a pathological liar. One of their main complaints was that he'd quote movies, implying that the quote was his original thoughts. He'd also show up at our house at times when I was at work, trying to weasel into the house to be in my space when I was gone. There was even a dog door entry (!) one time when he thought no-one was home.

Here is what happened after I broke up with him:

A huge complaint from Man "C" was that he didn't last as long in a relationship with me as "Man B" who he felt was inferior. He was also very bitter about my continued friendship with Man "A". He regularly whined about this after the break-up.

He read my email. (Don't allow someone to voluntarily set up your computer!) He impersonated Man "A" and created fake email accounts for "Man A". He then has imaginary conversations between himself and the fake "Man A," in which he painted himself the hero. His mistake was emailing the real "Man A," at some point. "Man A" called me in fear for my life.

He sent letters to my parents and visited my friends (across the country, mind you) to extoll my virtues, and to try to create bonds with them. They found this creepy. His family moved within 10 miles of my parents within 6 months of the break-up. Again, a cross-country move. I think he found a way to persuade his parents to move. Or, perhaps, the move was imaginary.

Finally, I told him "Do not contact me again," and I never responded to any of his attempts at contact. After that I got a letter from an imaginary law firm claiming that another person had to write me a letter as part of a legal settlement saying that he had impersonated Man "C" in the emails. I also got a voicemail from Man "C" saying "Did my new girlfriend call you, because I think she may have accidentally called this number."

After that, I reverse stalked him to make sure he was never in my vicinity. Much like during the time when we dated, he has a "Forest Gump" like quality in recent years. He appears in places all over the internet, connecting himself to famous people and events that he couldn't possibly be involved in. He puts himself in places such as narrowly escaping death in the WTC during 911, being best friends with famous people, etc. I track him to feel safe. I guess that is a little creepy, too.

On a pleasant note, I've been married to Man "D" for 12 years with 3 hilarious children. Man "C" doesn't know my whereabouts, to my knowledge, and I take pains never to put myself out on the internet using my old name or photos.

Interesting. It may be coaching, as if her attorneys have told her to "make eye contact with the jury", so she turns in their direction to make it appear she is doing that although it is a soulless gaze?

You know how you can tell when someone is actually landing on eye contact with someone? I have been watching specifically for that in court and I have not seen it once with one juror.

But I will watch (with my glasses ;) ) this week specifically for that.

And anything else anyone wants me to watch for as I will be in court 3 days this week and hoping and praying we get to some Juanage. :please:

Hey if she got there at 4am and there was computer activity around that time wouldn't that have been her? She probably snuck in and went straight to his office to snoop. (Sorry if this is an old theory and I missed it). Is there proof Travis knew she was coming or even let her in? She may have been calling him to sus out his movements .. Anyway she obviously planned it and I don't think jury will have a problem with premeditation.

Question: if jury members fall asleep from sheer boredom could there be a mistrial?

Woohoo! Finally here. Need to catch up, but just wanted to post "hello from Montreal!" And you guys are entertaining, and smart.... :)

I feel that the sex tape has prevented this. That tape was like MUSIC to my ears when it was being played in court for the first time. And it was amusing how the defense spent the remainder of the day doing damage control. I especially liked how Jodi tried to wiggle out of her KY jelly admission. Not only did it reveal Jodi as a woman with a very high sex drive (consistent with Travis telling his friend that she was nympho) who enjoyed kinky sex talks with her "anal rapist", but that she also introduced sex ideas into their relationship.

I don't think she had a very high sex drive at all. I doubt she got a lot of physical pleasure from it.

I think she had a very strong drive to manipulate and sex was her tool.

I think their relationship, which morphed into "sex only", got the point where it was nothing but "dirty sex" that Jodi went along with/enjoyed/played the game. He continued with the "dirty sex" talk and otherwise because she went along with it and IMO he thought she was enjoying it as much as him. The "sex tape", IMO, proves she either liked it or went along with it. Hence, "consensual" "debasing" sex between the two.

I have never heard of a man who did not like being praised for their "prowess" in bed. IMO, JA learned that form of complementing early on. I bet it is really hard to walk away from someone who thinks you "walk on water" and are "God's gift to women". I get the impression from watching the videos of Travis, that he was just coming into his own. He liked the validation he received from helping and motivating others. From where he started to what he achieved, in such a short amount of time, IMO was amazing. He was about to take the next step in his journey of life when it was cut so tragically short. In addition to what he achieved in life, he has touched so many of us in death.

The world is so much easier for some to understand when it's black and white, with no shades of grey. I think black and white thinking is behind a lot of this.

My stepfather was a sociopath, criminal, drug addict. He intentionally burned down our home for insurance money, killing our 5 family pets. However, he paid the bills on time and was a creative and accomplished carpenter. It is hard to reconcile all these behaviors in the same person---because they don't make sense, but people are like that. The shades of grey are what is hard to reconcile, and it drives people to black/white thinking.

I think your exactly right. I wish I could put things in such understandable terms. Good job.

You know how you can tell when someone is actually landing on eye contact with someone? I have been watching specifically for that in court and I have not seen it once with one juror.

But I will watch (with my glasses ;) ) this week specifically for that.

And anything else anyone wants me to watch for as I will be in court 3 days this week and hoping and praying we get to some Juanage. :please:
Thank you!

Whenever they finally get to the cross-examination, I anticipate the jury will be at full attention. The testimony from JA so far is probably boring and nauseating them as it is when I listen to it.......and I haven't even attempted to go through it all.

:doh:

I don't think she had a very high sex drive at all. I doubt she got a lot of physical pleasure from it.

I think she had a very strong drive to manipulate and sex was her tool.

I agree with this 1000%.

the jodi arias is innocent site <--------big :nono:

(no you have not been doing that... that I have noted :wink:)

Oh GAK! Awful place. You want to hear about how Travis deserved it...go there. <shudder>

Thank you!

Whenever they finally get to the cross-examination, I anticipate the jury will be at full attention. The testimony from JA so far is probably boring and nauseating them as it is when I listen to it.......and I haven't even attempted to go through it all.

:doh:

I fully admit to looking through very specific and pointed filters but I think I can accurately describe that when Nurmi is doing his thing it's like the PBS channel (nothing against PBS, I like it! It's just...subdued)...the energy in the room is dull and people are squirming to stay alert. When Juan Martinez stands, the entire energy of the room changes. People sit up straighter and it's like watching the ESPN channel in comparison. He commands that courtroom and is masterful at taking people right along with him. Please please please let us get off the direct examination and in to some cross this week. I'm thinking by Thursday which is the one day I have off and can be in the courtroom all day. :please:

Hi Dawg

Phone records June 2
Phone records show several calls between Arias and Alexander in the early morning hours:

Arias called Alexander four times between 1 a.m. and 3 a.m.

These calls were all very short, the longest 17 seconds.

Alexander called Arias twice during the 3 a.m. hour:

The first call was just under 18 minutes, the second about 41 minutes.
Arias called Travis at 4:03 a.m. The call lasted 2 minutes, 48 seconds.

June 3

Arias called Alexander twice:

A 17-second call at 12:57 p.m.
A 2-minute, 50-second call at 1:51 p.m.

Willing to bet! The 45 minute phone call! She was teasing him! Telling him what she would do to him sexually! She was prepping him!

Is there any corroborating evidence anywhere suggesting Travis asked Jodi for money, for any reason? Other than purchase of his car?

i was thinking she probably ran the shower on him while she got in the tub to wash herself off, since she was prob trying to get her dna off of him, or, if she did get in the shower, if her hair came off on him, then use the cup to flush off her dna/hair? either way what a sicko

I was wondering about that, too. JA must have been covered in blood. IMO, she was naked when it happened, but still, there would have been a need for her to clean herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper