Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #38 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea why that post doubled, and worse I don't know how to delete one of them from this phone. Sorry guys.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the welcome, ahhh shucks!:blushing:

Welcome to Websleuths!

I think the boyfriend was Matt McCartney. He and jodi supposedly split
and jodi found out about his girlfriend Bianca; so this left jodie
to also cheat!!
I'm pretty sure I have this right!

I believe it was on the stand and Nurmi was questioning her. Wish I could remember which BF it was I really don't want to listen to all her blathere again.

I think I remember reading about that on this website.

The more I read about this case the more Jodi Arias stands out as a real modern day monster. I just can't get over how brutal the murder was and just how much poor Travis must have suffered. There was no reason whatsoever to use a knife to murder him. If all she wanted to do was get rid of him for good she could have used a gun only. That would have been less painful and also less risky. Her using a knife only proves just how evil she is. She really wanted to torture the poor boy in a way that she couldn't have with a gun. For this reason I'm much more anxious for her to be convicted of first degree murder than I was for KC to be found guilty.

I've cleared my schedule for the entire week and plan on a lot of take-out for nourishment. Tuesday cannot get here fast enough. This is hopefully the beginning of the end for her and I want to watch it all.

she not only had a surprise attack going for her--him naked and in a shower--but knife cuts hurt like hell--with a gunshot it can be quick--but a knife attack....this is one reason I hate this b----......Travis suffered alot----when I think of it it makes me physically ill !!! Death by lethal injection is a breeze compared to what TA suffered---so I have absolutely no pity for her!!! And, yes--she does disgust me more than CA!!!! And, may she burn in everlasting hell!!

Just needed to ventilate again today---probably won't even get to the murder day till next week...This week--more BS on How did that make u feel Jodi??? I'm ready to barf already.

I feel the same way.

I'm not wiccan but I've studied it extensively (along with quite a few other spiritualities trying to find my own path) I cannot stress strongly enough that if Jodi were actually wiccan - true in practice and belief - she simply could not have committed this crime.

It defies the very essence, the deepest held belief, of wiccans themselves. 'An ye harm none...'

As for the occult or clandestine knowledge (had to borrow Jodi's fave word) - that too is composed of many things - including astrology, numerology, reading tea leaves, and studying tarot spreads. None of which are even remotely inherently evil or violent. Anyone who claims otherwise really is transposing what they want on a belief system they're unfamiliar with.

No offense meant to anyone though - just things I've studied. (And I've got more than one deck of tarot cards, myself. :blushing:)

If Jodi ascribed a certain pattern or numbers or anything else to her crime I feel very confident in stating those were ALL Jodi and nothing to do with wicca or the occult proper.

Personally I think its very sad that such a horrific, brutal crime would be in any way associated with wicca but that's jmo.

I was an Astrologer for 30 years, so I THANK YOU for your intelligent post.

Is this an all or nothing sort of case? First-degree murder only?

Who decides the punishment if she is convicted? Jury or Judge?

Thanks!

I don't believe she would have told Travis she was coming, because what if he told someone else? Wouldn't that defeat all of her efforts to pretend she wasn't even in Arizona. JMO

I know we only have a liar's testimony that Travis knew she was coming to AZ. (Crossing my fingers the jury also realizes this.)

I think most of us agree that she most likely just showed up to TA's house and surprised him. I know that it would be difficult to prove that Travis DID NOT know she was coming, since it is next to impossible to prove a negative (not knowing).

However, if the state can point out the probability that he did not know that she was coming to AZ, could this be used to argue the burglary portion of the felony murder charges?

Or, is the state planning to argue that that once she began attacking him that she was no longer a welcomed guest and was then trespassing (hence the 'burglary')?

I'm still a bit confused about the 'burglary' argument after a felony is committed. In other words, I know what 'burglary' generally is (breaking an entry), but I get confused when it is used on someone that was an invited guest or similar.

I suppose it could be too many Grimm's fairy tales growing up, and my mind just goes towards "once evil is invited in, that's it...you're SOL". Like, you can't just ask 'evil' to leave. Or, can you? (lol)

I guess it would be quite obvious that once someone is being attacked, they most certainly do not want the attacker in their home any longer, but what if they do not tell the attacker to leave?

Is this an all or nothing sort of case? First-degree murder only?

Who decides the punishment if she is convicted? Jury or Judge?
Thanks!

From what I understand (as explained by the verified attorneys), basically yes.

She is arguing self-defense and the state is charging her with first degree murder, with evidence to support premeditated murder and/or felony murder. Both are punishable by DP or LWOP.

If she convinces the jury of self-defense, then she will walk.

As I understand it, the jury will decide her guilt and then the defense will begin mitigation (if guilty) and the sentencing phase begins (with the same jury).

I feel like she is testifying for her sentencing leniency, rather than for her innocence. :waitasec:

From what I understand (as explained by the verified attorneys), basically yes.

She is arguing self-defense and the state is charging her with first degree murder, with evidence to support premeditated murder and/or felony murder. Both are punishable by DP or LWOP.

If she convinces the jury of self-defense, then she will walk.

As I understand it, the jury will decide her guilt and then the defense will begin mitigation (if guilty) and the sentencing phase begins (with the same jury).

I feel like she is testifying for her sentencing leniency, rather than for her innocence. :waitasec:

Thanks. So if the jury believes that it was self-defense then she walks. If they believe it was murder then the premeditation part of it is taken for granted due to the 28 knife wounds and the gun shot? From what I understand premeditation (the intention to kill and the killing itself) can occur in a few seconds.

Thanks. So if the jury believes that it was self-defense then she walks. If they believe it was murder then the premeditation part of it is taken for granted due to the 28 knife wounds and the gun shot? From what I understand premeditation (the intention to kill and the killing itself) can occur in a few seconds.

Well, too bad for her that she stabbed him so many freakin times. Because there is no way she can claim self defense, after stabbing him in the back, the chest, slitting his throat, dragging him down the hall and shooting him in the head. Her rage got the best of her and nobody will believe it was all self defense. NO FREAKIN WAY, IMO.

Well, too bad for her that she stabbed him so many freakin times. Because there is no way she can claim self defense, after stabbing him in the back, the chest, slitting his throat, dragging him down the hall and shooting him in the head. Her rage got the best of her and nobody will believe it was all self defense. NO FREAKIN WAY, IMO.

Right of course it's not self-defense. I wanted to clear this up for myself because I thought what if the jury doesn't believe it's self-defense but they don't believe it's first-degree murder either? If they believe it's murder it cannot be manslaughter (without deliberation) because of the 28 wounds and gun shot. After each wound she caused she had time to think about what she was doing but she kept on going. So it cannot be anything but murder in the first-degree.

The whole thing ( ridiculous appeals) is such a perversion of the justice system. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed - Texas has a very active death chamber and Darlie Routier has been on Death Row for 17 years. Appeals, appeals, possible new evidence, appeals, etc

If the jury finds she acted in self defense, then the homicide was legally justified -- and she walks.

To convict her of 1st degree murder, the jury must find that she intentionally killed Travis with premeditation (thought about killing him and decided to kill him); or that she killed Travis during the commission of another felony (in this case, assault or burglary)

It's possible the jury will also get instructions on lesser included offenses, such as 2nd degree murder or manslaughter. That depends on whether there is sufficient evidence presented at trial of the elements of those offenses.

But self defense is a straight-up get out of jail card, same as acquittal.

Don't think it's considered a "reliable" media outlet....as far as I know, they PAY for stories...it's one of the online "celebrity" sites.....our dear friend Gus is a busy boy....

The prosecutor in the Jodi Arias case is more concerned about grandstanding than he is about justice — that’s the charge the murder suspect’s friend is making in an exclusive interview with RadarOnline.com.

Gus says: “I think the prosecution is more interested in getting the death penalty than the truth. He has watched too many episodes of L.A. Law.”

Worried about her emotional wellbeing and her financial state, Searcy LENT Jodi a cell phone, which went on to become a key piece of evidence.

So much for her phone being in "hot chocolate" over night.....AND, having to "repay" Gus for the phone....
Oh, and seems she didn't have this phone for too long....so much for Travis WANTING her to record ALL their "sex" calls....

There's more...should I link it??? CAN I link it??

Lord, I can't even THINK.....I'm getting so PO'd at these two.....:furious:
I know it doesn't have any "real" effect in MY life, as far as what I can or can not do....it's just so sad what people do and then try to lay the blame on ANYONE else but themselves....

Agreed - Texas has a very active death chamber and Darlie Routier has been on Death Row for 17 years. Appeals, appeals, possible new evidence, appeals, etc

Garrgh.....that one just makes me sick too. Too much leeway given to these people. I get verifying evidence and making sure we have actually a guilty person on our hands but come on now!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

iirc you have to link if you quote an article, which you did. So either add the link or delete your post. :)

Garrgh.....that one just makes me sick too. Too much leeway given to these people. I get verifying evidence and making sure we have actually a guilty person on our hands but come on now!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Even sadder when you think Routier's boys would have been in the their early 20s now ... we'll never know what they could have become ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exam_Dumps