Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #39 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get the 10 gallons x2....no way the gas cans she had with her were larger than 5 gallon and more likely they were 2.5 gallon cans.

She bought 20 Gallons........

Wouldn't one purchase actually go into the car while the other into the gas cans?

:waitasec:

That would be a perfect start, bringing it all back to why everyone is in the courtroom in the first place.

I could almost guarantee he won't ask her how she feels.

;)

No kidding. I'm sure he will keep the focus on what she DID and what she SAID (translation: lied about).

Oh boy I just can't wait. Please let it start this week. I'd love for Thursday to be all Juan, all day as I will be there for the entire day.

I don't get the 10 gallons x2....no way the gas cans she had with her were larger than 5 gallon and more likely they were 2.5 gallon cans.

She bought 20 Gallons........

She borrowed two five-gallon cans from Darryl and bought a five-gallon Kerosene can at Wal-Mart on 3rd Jun. So she had the capacity to carry fifteen gallons plus the car's gas tank.

BBM

The only problem is that this is in Salt Lake City AFTER the murder (SLC means Salt Lake City - it's their airport code too). She wasn't going to be driving through Arizona on her way back to Yreka.

I have no idea what she was doing, but I think that the defense is going to say she was carrying extra gas during her drive through the desert as a safety precaution. I lived out in the middle of nowhere in the California desert for awhile, and I know a lot of people do this.

Not that it changes much, but I think there is a chance the gas cans/gas purchases won't help the prosecutor. No matter - there is plenty of premeditation in this crime to go around.

I disagree, respectfully ;). The gas purchases on 6th Jun may not help but the ones on 3rd Jun certainly will. They add to the prosecution's premeditation claim, in that she bought enough gas to avoid leaving a credit card trail in Arizona.

I do wonder if she had evidence she still wanted to burn, that's why she didn't want Ryan in her car nor did she want to leave hers unattended while she went to the meeting with him.

That makes perfect sense to me. After all, the desert is an awesome place to dump your extra evidence and light it on fire. Not surprised that the murder weapons and clothing wasn't found. I'm sure it's long gone by now.

He was called by the defense. he did appear to be sympathetic to her. And he did seem to be caught off guard when Juan Martinez asked him about the gas cans she borrowed from him while starting out on her murder trip.

Darryl's testimony cast implicit aspersions on PPL and Mormonism for 'changing' Jodi.

I heard little of it, but from the smidgen I caught I would characterize him as articulate, credible, and supportive of the murderess, IMO.

Especially considering that according to his former roomie, he was a closet smoker and alcoholic...

No kidding. I'm sure he will keep the focus on what she DID and what she SAID (translation: lied about).

Oh boy I just can't wait. Please let it start this week. I'd love for Thursday to be all Juan, all day as I will be there for the entire day.

Hopefully since you will be in court, it will be cross-examination day. Would love to read your report on it!!

:)

She borrowed two five-gallon cans from Darryl and bought a five-gallon Kerosene can at Wal-Mart on 3rd Jun. So she had the capacity to carry fifteen gallons plus the car's gas tank.

I disagree, respectfully ;). The gas purchases on 6th Jun may not help but the ones on 3rd Jun certainly will. They add to the prosecution's premeditation claim, in that she bought enough gas to avoid leaving a credit card trail in Arizona.

Thank you! It was the size I was wondering about.

AZGRAM previously brought up a good point that I missed in the testimony about Jodi saying this below:

"JA claims that TA broke her finger and that he even made a splint for it with popsicle sticks."

I'm wondering if Jodi actually broke her finger during the murder and she herself used posicle sticks, Im wondering if there was popsickle stick wrappers anywhere in his place that LE found or in the freezer. Or maybe if there were receipts from the stores she stopped in, did she buy any ice cream or popsickles at any of the stores.

I think Jodi has consistently lied about things that Travis did that she actually did herself. Hope PA can prove she lied about things like this.

The popsicle sticks bothered me. I have 3 kids and I couldnt come up with 2 popsicle sticks to make a splint with unless I'd purchased some for a project. He just happened to have eaten two popsicles that day and dug the sticks out of his trash? Please... She wanted to make it more believable (the ever present overdetailing) and it also gave her a chance to re-iterate why she kept coming back (he was always so sweet after he was mean) Blerghhh

That makes perfect sense to me. After all, the desert is an awesome place to dump your extra evidence and light it on fire. Not surprised that the murder weapons and clothing wasn't found. I'm sure it's long gone by now.

In one interrogation video she specifically asks about the rental car...If they were bringing it there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are absolutely right. Despite thinking that she is smarter than everyone else, she certainly didn't think her plan through in certain instances very well. Gas purchases, memory sticks, over-involvement in the investigation, etc.

I mean, at what point did she really think that calling the detective was a good idea? Not sure that I would have ever arrived at that point, if I had brutally killed someone. Not that I would, but you know. :innocent:

In one interrogation video she specifically asks about the rental car...If they were bringing it there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, I missed that! The murder rental car or the one she had other weapons stashed in?

BBM

The only problem is that this is in Salt Lake City AFTER the murder (SLC means Salt Lake City - it's their airport code too). She wasn't going to be driving through Arizona on her way back to Yreka.

I have no idea what she was doing, but I think that the defense is going to say she was carrying extra gas during her drive through the desert as a safety precaution. I lived out in the middle of nowhere in the California desert for awhile, and I know a lot of people do this.

Not that it changes much, but I think there is a chance the gas cans/gas purchases won't help the prosecutor. No matter - there is plenty of premeditation in this crime to go around.

Interesting the reciept says SCL, not SLC. Probably still Salt Lake though...

I don't think I would call Darryl supportive.

This guy lived with JA for 4 yrs. He loved her. He trusted her with his kid.

He can't resolve in his head the Jodi he knew with a vicious monstrous killer - that doesn't mean that he doesn't know that she did it.

No doubt this will haunt him forever.

That would be a perfect start, bringing it all back to why everyone is in the courtroom in the first place.

I could almost guarantee he won't ask her how she feels.

;)

BBM - Maybe JM should ask her precisely that question.

Example: Ms. Arias, while Travis was bleeding profusely, incapacitated and laying face down on the hallway floor, how did it feeeeel when you took the knife, firmly held in your left hand, while smacking your right hand across Travis' face and pulling his face up off the floor, fully exposing his throat and deliberately slicing him from ear to ear and all the way through to his spine? Ms. Arias, how did that make you feel?

Wow, I never caught that before! She's still buying extra gas even after leaving AZ. Crazy!

Maybe it's so she can claim: "I always carry extra gas with me on roadtrips," trying to make her borrowing the gas cans a non-issue if it ever came up while maintaining the "I wasn't there" alibi.

If so, wow, she's smart. I can't think of any other reason she would buy double gas in Utah.

To burn the evidence. (smoke smell in rental car)

To burn the evidence. (smoke smell in rental car)

Wonder what she kept or put back in the car to bring that smoke smell back in. Maybe some things didn't burn completely so she retrieved them and disposed of them elsewhere, some other way.

BBM - Maybe JM should ask her precisely that question.

Example: Ms. Arias, while Travis was bleeding profusely, incapacitated and laying face down on the hallway floor, how did it feeeeel when you took the knife, firmly held in your left hand, while smacking your right hand across Travis' face and pulling his face up off the floor, fully exposing his throat and deliberately slicing him from ear to ear and all the way through to his spine? Ms. Arias, how did that make you feel?

I stand corrected. That would be an excellent question!

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members