Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #39 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Losing it - that and I think they must be livid about this what (to me) seems transparently deliberate stalling for myriad reasons I've mentioned before.

What I'm livid (and sort of happy) about over this is that he really seems to be disregarding the fact that these jurors have lives and are sacrificing so much already with the stunted court time each week... I'm sure he feels justified, but the fact is ever since JA took the stand it's hurt their case exponentially imv.

What I'm happy about (well not happy, because I really feel for these jurors) is that I think they will hold it against JA, Nurmi or both and come to dislike her with each passing, "Now let's back up," or "How did that make you feel?" and her subsequent tangential, irrelevantly detailed responses and unchanging or poorly faked demeanor.

It seems the dislike for her has grown significantly among us on this site, imv, for some of these very reasons (on top of what many/most of us already have on board) :)

If I were on the jury, I would have been bored a while ago, and that would have been replaces by increasing anger, but that's me.

Nurmi is really disrespecting and insulting the depth of their sacrifice, not only as their civic duty but for HIS client, imv...

I agree this is grating at the jurors. But I don't think Nurmi intends disrespect; I think he is just oblivious to their perspective because he can't see the forest for the trees, IYKWIM. With every little detail he tries to make, he has a point, but doesn't get that the jurors "get the point already". He should pick the most significant points and create the anthology version rather than bore them with the complete works, IMO. But perhaps he fears being accused of not doing his job fully. Being a death penalty case changes everything.

And Jodi, well, this is the most important thing in the world, to her, and in her mind, to everyone else. She would probably be content to sit there and talk about herself forever and day. I think it's called egocentricity!

TruTV has announced that March 4 they will cut InSession to 2 hrs per day, 9a-11a est, with Vinnie Politan as the host. I don't know how to insert into this post but I just googled TruTV changes for insession March 4 and it's definitely gonna happen.

That's the only thing left on TruTV I watch. I miss the old CourtTV.

In fact, I think that she did wear gloves - for most of it.

I posted similar in the previous thread. Great minds you know!

The cut she suffered whilst stabbing with her left hand compromised the latex causing it to rip away and exposed her blood and leaving the palm print in the melee in the hallway. :)

Darn ... I missed it!

Did anyone ever find the video of Vinnie's jail house stretch?
If so, could someone please re-post it for those of us who haven't yet seen him in action? TIA

I'm looking everywhere for it. I may still have it saved somewhere on my dvr. It was absolutely hilarious...he also balled up in his chair with his knees up imitating her.

I may call in his show just to ask him to do it again. :floorlaugh:

I just posted on his Facebook requesting it. ;)

Is there a place where I can ask forum administration questions? A post I made yesterday was deleted and I'm not sure what I said that might have violated WS TOS or netiquette. The post still turns up in a Google search, so I know it existed here for a little while at least. It's not in the thread though. It wasn't important, just wondering whether I inadvertently offended someone or broke a rule.

You can send a PM to a mod and ask them. It couldn't have been that bad, or they would have let you know.

Is there a place where I can ask forum administration questions? A post I made yesterday was deleted and I'm not sure what I said that might have violated WS TOS or netiquette. The post still turns up in a Google search, so I know it existed here for a little while at least. It's not in the thread though. It wasn't important, just wondering whether I inadvertently offended someone or broke a rule.

It musta been. Mods here are pretty terrific and don't remove posts willy nilly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI & FWIW:

Since it is obvious Gus is just trying to milk his 15+ minutes of fame, my only recourse is to ignore him, not comment about him, pay no attention to him UNLESS he provides substantiation (eg 6/5&10? phone bill) for his claim/s. And even then, if JA did indeed call him around 3am on June 5th (hours after the murder), there’s no telling if JA just called him for a sex chat (unless Gus surreptitiously recorded the call – and wouldn’t that be JA’s just desserts!).

So … until Gus provides any proof, my personal policy on Gus will be: silence!

carruied over from previous thread:

No kidding!

I really don't understand these two:

States Exhibit #237.016, Tesoro SCL UT, 6/6/08, 03:57, Fuel 10.672 @ 3.85 gal $41.18, MC 2015

States Exhibit #237.017, Tesoro SCL UT, 6/6/08, 04:05:42, Fuel 9.583 @3.859 gal $36.98, MC 2015

She gets 10 gallons of gas at 3:57, then at 4:05 gets nine more gallons? WTF?

This is when she filled up gas with the gas cans she borrowed from Darryl, so she didnt have to stop in AZ for gas...

(last part is JMO)

I don't get the 10 gallons x2....no way the gas cans she had with her were larger than 5 gallon and more likely they were 2.5 gallon cans.

She bought 20 Gallons........

I noticed that last night a lot of posts didn't even show up for me on the thread. When I logged on this morning I saw a whole bunch of posts, even to me, that I'd not seen at all last night. Maybe something like that happened to your post.

If that was a post criticizing bloviating know-it-alls, rest assured that I took no offense. :snooty:

Re: bank deposits, in those days, I am wondering if she had several deposits, specific amounts and if you hand them 3 checks or a stack of cash, the deposit shows $4566 (for example) When she wanted to see all 3 figures, so she did them one by one so it itemizes out so she can remember what was what. When in fact the receipt might have itemized them anyway, but sometimes it does not.

she may have put money in for 3 trips, and wanted them to show up independent of each other so she knew what she put money in for. Just guessing and with this girl who knows.

maybe 3 deposits is how vampires do it

Were the deposits cash or check? A lot of banks will only let you draw X % on a check you have deposited, until the next business day. maybe thats why the multiple deposits so she could draw on all 3.

FYI & FWIW:

Since it is obvious Gus is just trying to milk his 15+ minutes of fame, my only recourse is to ignore him, not comment about him, pay no attention to him UNLESS he provides substantiation (eg 6/5&10? phone bill) for his claim/s. And even then, if JA did indeed call him around 3am on June 5th (hours after the murder), there’s no telling if JA just called him for a sex chat (unless Gus surreptitiously recorded the call – and wouldn’t that be JA’s just desserts!).

So … until Gus provides any proof, my personal policy on Gus will be: silence!

I will join you there..duct taping my fingers now when it comes to he who will not be named.

:please:

But there sure was a bandaid.

Did you guys see where Vinnie Politan pointed out that the finger she damaged was "one he was never going to put a ring on"?

Loved it. He's so passionate sometimes I love it when he goes off like that. And when he does his "jail house stretch". :floorlaugh:

Yeah, Vinnie reminded me of Beyonce Knowles on that one...

Watching this ridiculous testimony right now where she's describing how she called her Mom for money to "move back" to CA, like it was her decision based on the "abuse".

In the background as they show her family (I actually feel sorry for her father...I have a feeling he knows about who she is), you can see "the other katie" in the back row and she's trying so hard to not roll her eyes and show a "B**** please" face. It's perfect (because I know how she really feels here).

Thanks Katie for your comment on her dad. I did work for him 31 years ago. He looks nothing like he did then, but we all change.....sigh...

Yeah, Vinnie reminded me of Beyonce Knowles on that one...

I'd love to get a hold of that video and put it, with his cowering in the chair knees up...to some kind of music. He IS a DJ after all. I think he'd like it. ;)

Might as well add in a bit of going off on how a person who will not be named couldn't get a lawyer even though he's a "ring holder" in a pre paid legal service. Muahahaha

If that was a post criticizing bloviating know-it-alls, rest assured that I took no offense. :snooty:

Haha! Actually, the know it alls here are my favorites. Everyone generally leaves the bloviating to JA.

I don't get the 10 gallons x2....no way the gas cans she had with her were larger than 5 gallon and more likely they were 2.5 gallon cans.

She bought 20 Gallons........

Pasadena, California. June 3, 2008

At 8:16 p.m., Arias calls Alexander. The call lasted 2 minutes, 9 seconds.

At 8:31 p.m., Arias goes to a CVS pharmacy. It is not clear what she bought.

At 8:34 p.m., Arias calls Alexander again and the call lasts 49 seconds

Between 8:42 and 8:46 p.m., Arias makes two gas purchases at Arco. The first is for $34.61, and the second is a pre-paid purchase for $40.

She may have filed up her rental car and the gas tanks with fuel.

Ryan Burns testified Arias called him around 9 or 10 p.m. on June 3, 2008. She told him she was on her way to Utah. Burns expected her to arrive around 9 a.m. the next morning, Wednesday, June 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine