jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #49 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CONFIRMED : Matt McCartney was involved in the forged paedophile letters.

SHANNA HOGAN, author of Picture Perfect [via phone with Jane Velez-Mitchell]: Yes. That was one of the most shocking moments in court. We've known about this for a while. She communicated with her ex boyfriend, Matthew McCartney, through jail and he was involved in creating these letters that were later proven to be forgeri...es. And that was the only substantial evidence that was given to produce her -- to back up her statement.

So when he gave his first interview to the attorneys, he gave a very different story. And Jodi needed him back into the jail to talk about her version of events so he could come back and support her claim. So it was - - it was basically her soliciting false testimony from behind bars.

https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis?ref=stream

BBM

This bombshell brings a new light to his own words when he said that he would lie for Jodi. Matt lives in another state so I wonder who was supposed to be the person that delivered the message to Matt. I really hope that there is real proof of his involvement in the forged letters and that he finds himself in trouble with LE and has his own trial in the near future. I wonder what his wife feels about this revelation.

SHANNA HOGAN, author of Picture Perfect [via phone with Jane Velez-Mitchell]: Yes. That was one of the most shocking moments in court. We've known about this for a while. She communicated with her ex boyfriend, Matthew McCartney, through jail and he was involved in creating these letters that were later proven to be forgeri...es. And that was the only substantial evidence that was given to produce her -- to back up her statement.

So when he gave his first interview to the attorneys, he gave a very different story. And Jodi needed him back into the jail to talk about her version of events so he could come back and support her claim. So it was - - it was basically her soliciting false testimony from behind bars.

BBM

Surprise Surprise !

She's COOKED !

:great:

Wow. So much to read. Does the jury know that Jodi's friend helped create those fake letters?

Between watching the cross over and over again and reading here it's a wonder I have time to sleep...Monday can't come fast enough! I'm a making a big batch of brown sugar fudge to eat while watching JM on Monday!

You would think that would be a very good logical evidence. Then how come it had not been done especially on direct or at least the X-ray report.?

I know - seems to be such an easy and definitive way to resolve this issue. She probably has not had an x-ray taken and would refuse it if she knew that it would not support her claims. I don't know that she can be forced to do it. If I was the prosecution, I think it would be worth the gamble - facts are facts and x-rays don't lie and can't be manipulated. It wouldn't necessarily ruin their case if they were wrong (still could prove it was not self-defense), but it would devastate Jodi's defense if no evidence of a broken bone was found on x-ray.

I hope a juror asks about it if Martinez can't bring it up.

Wow. So much to read. Does the jury know that Jodi's friend helped create those fake letters?

Between watching the cross over and over again and reading here it's a wonder I have time to sleep...Monday can't come fast enough! I'm a making a big batch of brown sugar fudge to eat while watching JM on Monday!

BBM:

:seeya: I hope they are told EVERYTHING about these letters ...

They need to know it was JA who connived the scheme to paint Travis as a "ped" ... and that it was her idea to get these letters forged because she was in :jail:

:waitasec: And didn't JA's mother approach the NE about buying these FAKE letters ?

So we have JA, Matt and JA's mother ALL involved with these forged letters ...

:seeya: Oh, send me some of that fudge !!

Clips of Juan Martinez from the W. Andriano case.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLce9Pdt_PI&feature=youtu.be

Well that certainly reminds me of someone!

Wow! I really wonder if any charges will be brought against him!

Here's the link to the actual post:
https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis/posts/434015280007953

(I just learned tonight that on facebook, if you click on the time of the post, you will get the direct link to the post. This is helpful because the posts on facebook get buried and then are hard to find.)

HTH

Wow!! Looking forward ti Monday even more now.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I know - seems to be such an easy and definitive way to resolve this issue. She probably has not had an x-ray taken and would refuse it if she knew that it would not support her claims. I don't know that she can be forced to do it. If I was the prosecution, I think it would be worth the gamble - facts are facts and x-rays don't lie and can't be manipulated. It wouldn't necessarily ruin their case if they were wrong (still could prove it was not self-defense), but it would devastate Jodi's defense if no evidence of a broken bone was found on x-ray.

I hope a juror asks about it if Martinez can't bring it up.

My feelings about the broken finger:

It is now a non issue, although I do not think JM is done with it yet--because

1) The Jury now knows she did not mention it in her diary

She can pretend she would never compromise Travis by saying he broke her finger but that doesn't fly. She doesn't have to tell the diary that Travis did it. She could just make a notation for future reference--finger broken--unless it wasn't. There is no excuse for her not mentioning it when she tells her diary everything that is 'noteworthy'.

2) A broken bone is very painful. If she was trying to make it through with a home made splint and no pain meds--there would have been a lot of pain. Personally, I think the pain would be so great she would seek out medical attention, but again--she would have noted it AND the pain in her diary.

3) As pointed out here, a broken bone and splint did not in any way hamper her writing style.

4) She told Det. Flores she cut it on June 4th and even showed him the finger and the cut

5)Ryan saw bandages on her fingers on June 5th, so she did cut fingers on June 4th. She says it was on her right hand, --that better be correct or Ryan can be brought back as a rebuttal witness to impeach her.

6) We know she cut fingers on June 4th because they found her blood mixed in on the bloody handprint. (Was that a left hand print?)

7) The Jury did not just fall off the turnip truck. They are not stupid. They'll get it.

This man was put to death by lethal injection. It sounds like a much easier death than his ex gf's or Travis's death.

"He took about a dozen breaths as the lethal drug began taking effect, said he could "feel it," then slipped into unconsciousness. Blue was pronounced dead at 6:56 p.m."

http://news.msn.com/us/texas-executes-man-who-lit-ex-girlfriend-on-fire?ocid=ansnews11

:countsheep:

Ive said it before and ill say it again I wish they had old sparky in AZ because she deserves nothing less!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

BBM

Now, it is all falling into place and beginning to make sense. Remember, last week when (can't remember which day) court was delayed and council was in the judges chambers, along with JA. When they came into court JA had her arms crossed in front of her and appeared to have recently been crying. She had a sour-puss look on her face and the guard behind her was grinning ear-to-ear. Epic!

Well, wasn't it brought up here that the closed-door meeting had to do with 'letters'? (I think many of us thought it had to do with the Travis text messages - I did.) Wasn't it the day after her testimony about the Valentine's Day gift? It was suspect that Nurmi wanted to end the day's testimony with JA's response to what was in the bottom of the box. She repled, "it was a nice letter".

Then, boom! Closed door meeting about letters(?) being admitted into evidence. I think I got it! ::happy dance::

Matt turned on her. He forged the letters and is being charged with [insert what ever charges, probably too many] and has now agreed to turn state's witness in exchange for a plea, or dropped charges. (could it be?)

THIS could be the reason for the guard grinning and JA steaming.

Plus, most of what Juan brought up on Thursday could be corroborated by Matt (no?). Like, the color of her hair before and after she went to the salon near his house. It explains the quick reaction of (was ot Campbell?) that person in the gallery that up and left the court room when the mag was brought out. I think this is all new and is developing and JA is probably freaking out in a cell right about now.

Do I smell peaches?

Another thought on the Matt revelation - could this be part of (if not 'the') reason defense filed with AZ Supreme Court yesterday, requesting the death penalty be dropped?

My feelings about the broken finger:

It is now a non issue, although I do not think JM is done with it yet--because

1) The Jury now knows she did not mention it in her diary

She can pretend she would never compromise Travis by saying he broke her finger but that doesn't fly. She doesn't have to tell the diary that Travis did it. She could just make a notation for future reference--finger broken--unless it wasn't. There is no excuse for her not mentioning it when she tells her diary everything that is 'noteworthy'.

2) A broken bone is very painful. If she was trying to make it through with a home made splint and no pain meds--there would have been a lot of pain. Personally, I think the pain would be so great she would seek out medical attention, but again--she would have noted it AND the pain in her diary.

3) As pointed out here, a broken bone and splint did not in any way hamper her writing style.

4) She told Det. Flores she cut it on June 4th and even showed him the finger and the cut

5)Ryan saw bandages on her fingers on June 5th, so she did cut fingers on June 4th. She says it was on her right hand, --that better be correct or Ryan can be brought back as a rebuttal witness to impeach her.

6) We know she cut fingers on June 4th because they found her blood mixed in on the bloody handprint.

7) The Jury did not just fall off the turnip truck. They are not stupid.

You are right on all points but I would love to have definitive, no wiggle-room proof that she is lying to help clear Travis' name. It's frustrating because it seems that it can be resolved SO EASILY through a simple x-ray. I'd love to see her try to explain that away. Hopefully the jury has as much common sense as you. :)

Now that I've seen Jodi on cross I firmly believe that she is a real genuine psychopath.

Imagine the evilness that is in Jodi Arias for her to have been able to commit this crime. It's something I cannot get my mind around. An ordinary murderer may have fantasies of torturing a victim but might not actually go through with it. Hitler himself was scared at the sight of blood!

What Arias did was obviously not a crime of passion. It was all planned much in advance
She was a petite woman who planned to take on a much bigger and stronger guy. She had never (not to our knowledge anyway) murdered anyone before. She not only wanted to murder him but wanted to torture him. She decided to use a knife as her primary weapon. She thought up all this. She was able to go to Travis' house. She was actually able to go through with the plan she had in mind and do even better than she had imagined. She stabbed him 28 times, slit his throat and shot him. After the crime she goes off to another man's house as though nothing had happened. It didn't phase her...the blood, the gore, the dead body. She actually captured it on camera.

Years later in court she still has no remorse. She seems to be proud of what she did. She is no ordinary criminal (like Scott Peterson or KC). She relishes the goriness of it all. If she is given the space and time then she'd definitely make Ted Bundy proud.

Why doesn't she just get an x-ray taken to prove that a bone in her finger was broken? That would shut down the cut tendon argument and greatly bolster her defense. Why doesn't she do it? Hmmm... That would be a great juror question.

You would think more of her blood would be there with a deep cut but who knows-maybe a medical person can weigh in. Maybe it was her blood in the rental car.

I think Jodi cut herself and injured that finger while killing Travis. Also martinez pointed out durinf the states CIC bloody tissues in the garbage. I think jodi realized she cut herself and grabbed some tissue from the cabinets in the bathroom. She washed travis off because she knew her blood was all over him but what she forgot about was her left palm print on the wall. She wont get an X-ray because it wont prove her story, Imagine if a doctor looks at it and says "Yep, its a tendoin cut" she would be further screwed. believe me if there was a broken finger the defense would've found anyone to say it was broken years ago when travis "beat her" There's reason why they didn't do this.

I think Jodi cut herself and injured that finger while killing Travis. Also martinez pointed out durinf the states CIC bloody tissues in the garbage. I think jodi realized she cut herself and grabbed some tissue from the cabinets in the bathroom. She washed travis off because she knew her blood was all over him but what she forgot about was her left palm print on the wall. She wont get an X-ray because it wont prove her story, Imagine if a doctor looks at it and says "Yep, its a tendoin cut" she would be further screwed. believe me if there was a broken finger the defense would've found anyone to say it was broken years ago when travis "beat her" There's reason why they didn't do this.

Yes- just wish the prosecution could make her do it since it's key to her defense. Or at least ask her in front of the jury if she would be willing to clear it up and prove her claims with an x-ray. The jury would think, seems logical, why don't you do it, Jodi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleuth12345