jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #51 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe he could reenact it with other people acting out the roles.

remember susan wright? kelly siegler brought the dang bed in the courtroom, tied up an assistant and straddled him in front of the jury.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs8CHlu-YxY"]susan wright - YouTube[/ame]

Hello Websleuths!

I've been reading a while but this is my first time posting.

I do feel that Juan Martinez did an amazing job on cross examination for the most part, however, I felt like there were a couple of points he could have made regarding some inconsistences between her testimony about the "broken finger incident" and the actual evidence we see in the text messages. (forgive me if this has already been pointed out on here...I haven't read every single page of comments). IIRC, JA states that the fight leading to the broken finger started over Travis getting angry because she wouldn't lend him $200 (he called her "selfish", I believe she said). However the text messages clearly reveal and Jodi herself admitted that SHE borrowed money from Travis that day (the text message stating "did you make the deposit?) I know Juan got her to admit that but I'm not sure that the jury will remember exactly what she said regarding how the fight got started. I wish he would have pointed out this inconsistency to Jodi so that her lie was evident to the jury. I wish he would have asked her point blank about her testimony regarding the money lending. Maybe he will go back to that at another point, but I felt like it was a wasted opportunity. Also, in regards to the car...Jodi keeps insisting that Travis was the one who wanted to exchange cars and yet he writes something to the effect of "I got a ride so you could pick up the car and now you fell asleep. Guess you didn't need it that badly." Not verbatim...but that was the gist of his texts to her. So how can she say that he was the one that was asking to exchange the cars? Makes no sense. And since it was obvious that SHE was the one who wanted to exchange the car...why did she not do it earlier at the house (the first time she left, when she forgot the angel). I surmise it's because she wasn't even there. Secondly, if she really had, in fact, seen what she claims to have seen Travis doing, why would she have been asking Travis to exchange cars? She said she wanted to stay away from him after that...even going to the Temple (or whatever) to avoid seeing him. These are inconsistencies that are blaringly obvious...that she can't wiggle out of. Why would Juan not point these out? I realize I'm "armchair quarterbacking" here and I'm not a lawyer...but I found myself really disappointed by these missed opportunities. I guess there is still time for him to address these things...but why not do it then instead of harping on things like what the exact time was that she got off of work and such. And another thing...if Travis had a landline, why not get those records in order to refute her testimony about Travis calling her over and over after the incident. She weaseled her way out of cell phone call stuff by claiming he must have called her from his landline. I can't believe they couldn't get a hold of his landline records from that day...unless the phone company doesn't hold records for very long (which would surprise me). I'm sure Juan is going to kick major *advertiser censored*...but I worry that the jury is not getting these inconsistencies. After the Casey Anthony verdict, I'm extremely worried about the intellectual and comprehensive abilities of jurors. I do feel that if this evil woman walks like CA did (or even gets 2nd degree murder), my faith in our justice will be completely destroyed. I don't know how any rational person can look at the facts of this case and not find her guilty of first degree murder.

~gwen

Phew.. That was a mouthful..no pun intended.

Relax. Juan will take care of this. From reading here and knowing diddely squat about the Justice system....seems there is a "Rebuttle" (sp) . where he will sew everything up perfectly.

breathe in.....hold it.....hold it...10...and exhale....phew...calm....

WELCOME and thanks for posting.

Here's the info to change your display options (to view 100 posts per page, for example). Go to User CP (top banner), on left side of screen, click on Edit Options (under Settings & Options), and then go to Thread Display Options.

Skimming thru 500 posts is still 500 posts regardless if it's 5 pages or 25 pages, but to me, it's easier to scroll down instead of having to click on Next more often to go to the next page. And it's psychological - I don't feel like I have so much pressure to go thru 5 pages as I do 25. :)

I am sure that Travis did not assault Jodi and break her ring finger. Jodi testified that this argument happened over her refusing to lend Travis a couple hundred dollars on January 22, 2008 -- which didn't sound plausible even during Jodi's direct examination.

But now we have text messages from Jan 21 and 22, and instead of refusing to loan Travis money, Jodi was actually borrowing money from Travis, asking him if he deposited it her bank account yet, and thanking him and telling him she would make it up to him.

On the pedophile issue, I believe that Jodi interpreted something to mean that Travis had a sexual attraction to children -- kind of like she interpreted his comment, "you sounded like a 12 year old girl having her first orgasm" as Travis fantasizing about anally raping a child (her own words!). In fact, it could have been receiving the spideys on Valentines day that she twisted to mean that he is attracted to little boys.

Whatever it was that Jodi distorted and misinterpreted as Travis' attraction to children, I think she held this over his head until the day she killed him. I think she probably hounded him and encouraged him to get help for his "problem" and did everything possible to convince him there was something really wrong with him. This is how people like Jodi feel powerful and in control, by pathologizing others and attributing horrible problems and faults.

I disagree because I don't think any of this happened. I think all of this is lies told by Jodi to discredit Travis in the eyes of the jury. Her gift is in hearing words and twisting them to her lies IMO.

I interrupt this lively and fascinating conversation to ask - Is there anything that was on any of the shows last week that has not been uploaded that anyone wants? Time to clean up for next week!

If so, write me interoffice mail asap!

We now resume your regular:rant: discussion.........

I still believe in gunshot first. I have been unsure a few times. But I keep coming back to Travis being a kickboxing wrestler in very good shape. I don't think she could hold him off with just a knife for very long, without being injured herself. He would have fought hard against a knife and probably gotten it away from her. He would have been stabbed but she would have been injured too. Unless he was somewhat incapacitated immediately. JMO

Looks to me by his hand wounds he did try to fight back after she surprised him by plunged the knife into his heart... That was a mortal wound.... Between his defensive wounds And his attempt to flee....I don't know how much more you expect an unarmed mortally wounded man to fight for his life?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I interrupt this lively and fascinating conversation to ask - Is there anything that was on any of the shows last week that has not been uploaded that anyone wants? Time to clean up for next week!

If so, write me interoffice mail asap!

We now resume your regular:rant: discussion.........

Lol... I just want the time to shows is Katie was on... I look and then I have to stop and work and I go back and I feel like I'm looking at the same stuff over and over again but I never find anything!

Does anyone know if the magazines actually made it out of the building (to AC)? JM kept saying "attempted", so I'm wondering if the magazines were confiscated before reaching Campbell. Or, did AC give them to the prosecution?

Thanks,

Mel

My understanding is that they were intercepted by the jail staff/guards responsible for reviewing the material.

This a very disturbing thing to say, :blush: but she must have stood in the shower with deceased TA and took a shower. She could have moved the shower head back ~ That's the only way I can see that she would be able to get the blood off of her? What do you guys think?

My guess is there would be another bathroom with a shower in the house and she used one of those to shower herself. I really think the cup could be really innocent and put there by Travis eons ago. I have one in my bathroom so that I can rinse the tub and walls in places the shower head doesn't go and so I don't have to move the shower head around to get suds off the tiles. There's nothing worse than not knowing where that first blast of cold water is going to hit when you turn on the shower.....but maybe that's just me LOL! :what:

Ok now I can't find it. Earlier there was a court proceeding about Christina Lopez and the evidence that was and wasn't submitted and allowed. items 4,5,6,7 it said what was done with 4 and 5 and something else with 6, but it didn't say what happened to item 7. maybe I missed it, idk.

7 was eventually admitted also.

Lol... I just want the time to shows is Katie was on... I look and then I have to stop and work and I go back and I feel like I'm looking at the same stuff over and over again but I never find anything!

sorry! I just want to find the show katie is on!!

Washed up Linda ... washed up. No one knows the amount of blood she actually had on her.

We we know Travis was covered with blood and she needed to get up close and personal with that body to get it in the shower. IMO she didn't move him using only her hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My guess is there would be another bathroom with a shower in the house and she used one of those to shower herself. I really think the cup could be really innocent and put there by Travis eons ago. I have one in my bathroom so that I can rinse the tub and walls in places the shower head doesn't go and so I don't have to move the shower head around to get suds off the tiles. There's nothing worse than not knowing where that first blast of cold water is going to hit when you turn on the shower.....but maybe that's just me LOL! :what:

There was a much-beloved-by-her tub next to the shower. Not as efficient, but there was no risk of running into a roommate there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kcou111