jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #51 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. I am a newbie and would like to say hello! I have been reading here for many years, and I am very captivated by this trial. I have been following it from the very beginning.

You folks seem very knowledgeable and I have really learned a lot from my browsing, and finally decided to join, since I had a quick question.

I came across what may or may not be a big mistake by Mr. Martinez, and was wondering what your thoughts might be, if it is big or not.

During Jodi's direct, there was a conflict of the happenings of Jan. 21, the day she walked in on Travis "supposedly" on the bed with the pics.

She testified to Mr. Nurmi that she talked with Travis later that night, after FHE about the "happenings" of earlier that day.

Mr. Martinez during cross, was showing texts and phone calls he was highlighting that there really wasn't a way that Jodi could have been at his house that night because he was at FHE.

He showed that after 11:33 she still was not at her house.

However, on the actual exhibit which shows the order of the calls/texts, the 11:33 wasn't PM (Monday night), it actually 11:33 AM (Tuesday morning).

He continued to question her on how she could have been at Travis' house that (Monday) night to discuss what she had seen.

There was actually a gap between 9pm on Monday to 11am Tuesday, in which she could have actually been there.

I hope this makes sense. Sorry about the long post. Just wondering if this is significant or not.

Thanks everyone for your input.

JM told Jodi there was a 7 hour time difference from what was listed compared to the actual time. Not sure why. But some times were marked with the difference and others listed were not. Good question though. Maybe someone can answer that for you. I was lost with it all. jmo

Agree. Regardless of the order of weapon usage/choice-- a .25 is slightly more than a close range Red Rider BB gun...

We may never know the exact order of events...but WE ALL know the outcome

...moo...Imho...:moo: :cow:

Well I would take my chances anyday being shot with a BB gun rather than being shot with a .25 caliber handgun. My .25 saved me from being raped and possibly murdered when I was in my 20s when three thugs tried to run me off the road yelling what all they were going to do to me once they got me stop. I fired my weapon into the bottom of their passenger side door and they couldnt peel out of there fast enough. They identified the truck by the bullet hole in the door when they tried to deny they had even been on the road that night.:floorlaugh: I have a .380 for self protection now.

Countless people have been murdered with a .22 pistol which is slightly smaller than a .25 semi automatic.

If the defense does not refute Dr. Horn then that means they cant and I dont believe they will. I liked him very much because he made his opinion extremely clear and understandable and I also agree with him 100%.

She didnt want to use the gun unless she had to since it could be heard. She stupidly felt he was still alive when he really was taking his last breaths and used the gun to make sure he was dead.

The sequence really is irrelevant anyway per the Judge. It will be in the jury instructions what consitutes heinous and cruel and I dont think there is one juror sitting there that doesnt believe Travis was overkilled in an extremely cruel manner.

Why we get into this discussion all the time when we have downtime I dont know when it really doesnt matter one bit either way.:floorlaugh:

Between the time of the last photograph [about 530pm] and the time of the first ping on the cell phone [about 1130 pm] is around six hours. The driving time from Mesa to Kingsman is around 3 hours.

Therefore, she could have spent up to 3 hours [roughly] cleaning up the house.

Has anyone worked out these numbers? I still haven't had the time to go look at the Verizon testimony.

The problem with her showering at TAs house, is that her hair would be in the drain traps and elsewhere, ESP if she showered standing over him. They only found hair on the floor AFAIK. it would be bold, but maybe she used the hose and cleaned up in the side yard -it was a fenced in yard

http://s193.beta.photobucket.com/us...ravis Alexander/IMG_2071.jpg.html?sort=3&o=91

Ohhhhh, wait, I keep forgetting she had no pubic hair, so she could have showered with her hair contained by a hat, plastic bag, whatever. And she also could have washed her hair with bottled water or with the hose outside.

Don't forget the pigtails! I doubt she took them down and probably that was premeditated too! And no blood going down the steps, etc.

Did anyone else notice her TWO Antarctica references? The first occurred Trial Day 16 at about 3 hrs 15 mins (YouTube posted by eonblue); JA is testifying about a fight that supposedly occurred in 10/07 (oddly, she never describes what started the fight, I assume she was acting towards TA the way she was acting towards JM on Thursday!) and says TA suggested she "move to Antarctica and never call me again." She then describes getting "suicidal."
The second Antarctica reference comes in her testimony re: attending TA's memorial; she gets emotional and says that Travis had supposedly promised he would come to her funeral and give a eulogy "even if it was in Antarctica."
My bet is that after his comment in 10/07 about her moving to Antarctica and not calling him any more, she did the dramatic, desperate thing for the ump-teenth time and threatened suicide if he wouldn't see her anymore, and in disgust he said something sarcastic like,"If you do it in Antarctica I'll come give your eulogy."
Consistent with her sociopathic mindset, she has twisted this around to mean he cared so much that even if she died in Antarctica he would be at her funeral. Very sick.

Its funny how we always digress back to the "stab first/shot first" debate whenever there is a break in the trial. :floorlaugh:

Not me :) The sequence is an interesting puzzle in it's own right, but imv the ME's report/testimony as the best authority on the subject, so the matter is resolved imv. :)

That and the fact that the judge ruled that no matter what the sequence may be it doesn't alter the charge that qualifies this as a DP case (cruel being her primary finding on that, I think - iIrc).

I think JA is sticking with the shot first scenario because she and her DT thought it would be a factor that could take the DP off the table. They lost that one, but JA is a font of new and revised versions of any and everything.

Hey, a person has to leave one subject alone... this is mine. :)

I have to ask.
You do not have to answer me if you'd rather not .
You had a shotgun in your face.

If some psycho witch that you were trying like
He!! to dump pointed a .25 at you....
2-3 feet away do you think you would comply or
would you take you chances at disarming her by rushing her
?

I dunno... If he was shot first and not incapacitated
how did he end up at the sink? Sure seems to me like we'd have a very different ending.
We are talking about 62 seconds here.
In light of all the blood at the sink I cannot see hoe he was

First of all, I have seen many comments here about a .25 from female posters who may say that their husband does not think that a man would own a .25

I think that is bull, I own a .25 and have a .380 for back up. .25's are popular due to their size and ability to carry without notice. I use to drive with my .25 under my leg, thank god it never went off accidentally.

As to your questions, I would not have been compliant with Jodi having a .25 trained on me, I would have tried to talk and from what we know Jodi does like to talk. I would have done my best to appeal to her. I would be like a negotiator and yes I would rush her but only when I was confidant to overtake her

Eerie that there are so many similarities to this case and another case in Florida.

Gas cans
Driving around in this car, that car, and the other
Sleeping w/boyfriend (at least only 1 in the "other" case)
Abuse allegations
Journal
LIES

:what:

I think we're getting a glimpse of what KC would've looked like on the stand.

Did anyone else notice her TWO Antarctica references? The first occurred Trial Day 16 at about 3 hrs 15 mins (YouTube posted by eonblue); JA is testifying about a fight that supposedly occurred in 10/07 (oddly, she never describes what started the fight, I assume she was acting towards TA the way she was acting towards JM on Thursday!) and says TA suggested she "move to Antarctica and never call me again." She then describes getting "suicidal."
The second Antarctica reference comes in her testimony re: attending TA's memorial; she gets emotional and says that Travis had supposedly promised he would come to her funeral and give a eulogy "even if it was in Antarctica."
My bet is that after his comment in 10/07 about her moving to Antarctica and not calling him any more, she did the dramatic, desperate thing for the ump-teenth time and threatened suicide if he wouldn't see her anymore, saying something like "How will you feel having to come all the way to Antarctica to my funeral?"
Consistent with her sociopathic mindset, she has twisted this around to mean he cared so much that even if she died in Antarctica he would be at her funeral. Very sick.

You may have missed it, but I posted a while back on a female who took down a buddy of mine with a high heel shoe in one attempt, he had to go to the hospital and he was a big guy.

BBM There is no way Travis should have had his guard down.
Well he didn't think she was going to kill him....he didn't have a very tuned in hinky meter. She was likely acting like her usual non-scary self, so yeah in the shower he is going to have his guard down. You speak in absolutes but there aren't any. He didn't know or even suspect he was going to get killed. There are plenty of crazy chicks out there who do crazy stuff and yet don't go as far as killing. Hindsight is 20/20.

The jury has to follow the judge's instructions. The State has already proven premeditation. It's as clear as glass. Just a matter of whether or not this was self defense. It's clear she intended to see him and took steps to cover her tracks. So what are the chances Travis attacked her walking out of the shower with wet feet on a very wet tile floor because we can see the shower door was open. Jodi admitted water was splashing out from the shower (standing back far enough not want to get the camera wet). Ceramic tile is slippery when it's wet and not something you want to run on, or tackle someone either. Her story is full of holes. jmo

I agree with everything you said. Are you sure you got the right quote to respond to?

Just tried to figure out the shower scenario while my husband was showering. He thinks I have officially lost it. Especially when I asked him if he could squat down for me. He already knew what I was doing.. He just likes to give me a hard time about how wrapped up I get in the cases. Well I always have you guys!!

welcome2.gif
To all our Newbies!!

Between the time of the last photograph [about 530pm] and the time of the first ping on the cell phone [about 1130 pm] is around six hours. The driving time from Mesa to Kingsman is around 3 hours.

Has anyone worked out these numbers? I still haven't had the time to go look at the Verizon testimony.

His room mate got home at 6:30pm.
I do not think she was still there.

I guess she could have been hiding.

The roommate would've been home while she was still in the house if she stayed that long. Didn't he get home close to the time she left?

As to your questions, I would not have been compliant with Jodi having a .25 trained on me, I would have tried to talk and from what we know Jodi does like to talk. I would have done my best to appeal to her. I would be like a negotiator and yes I would rush her but only when I was confidant to overtake her

Problem is, it was Travis there, not you.

Just tried to figure out the shower scenario while my husband was showering. He thinks I have officially lost it. Especially when I asked him if he could squat down for me. He already knew what I was doing.. He just likes to give me a hard time about how wrapped up I get in the cases. Well I always have you guys!!

lol! i asked my husband "theoretically, if i pointed a gun at you, would you charge me like a linebacker?" ... i got the 'oh, it's about that trial' look.

for the record, he said 'no' :aktion1:

That's too funny! I was quizzing my husband earlier about men's shaving habits - before shower, in the shower, or after shower. His response was, "What did you read now...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89