jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #51 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to give this a rest over the weekend so my head wouldn't explode, but there is one thing that has really been bugging me ~ JA has yet to apologize, correct? The closest thing I can recall is when Nurmi asked her if she regretted what happened and she said yes, but other than that has she uttered an apology for what happened or a general apology to the family?

Nope! It was only after Nurmi asked if there was a part of her that wished he was still alive. She said "Yes, of course." She has shown ZERO remorse. Even in her testimony she talked about how after her "black out" she immediately started thinking about how to cover her tracks and was scared about what happened to her. She has no remorse.

Because then she couldn't have tortured him. She wanted him to know who was killing him and why. The look on his face was pure fear, IMO. I think the shot was a final FU.

Since I totally believe JA murdered/slaughtered out of passion and jealousy I think you may be right! It would have been a bit quieter just to flip him off though lol
I also believe she made him shower pose at gunpoint and after she had enough photos, whipped out her knife.
I do wonder about her wearing plastic/latex gloves; she did mention to the detective that she had them and would wear them if she had killed him. After all, she did just get a manicure!

Jodi calls Ryan Burns at 1000pm on June 3rd and tells him she is heading to his house. He knew she was going to visit a friend whose baby was just born in LA [she never visited this friend] and from there she was going to come and see Ryan.

JM: Are you familiar with how to get from LA area to Salt Lake City, Utah area?

RB: Yes it's I-15 the whole way
June 3rd she calls him at 9 or 10 at night. She was 12 hours from his house at this point. So he expected her at 12 or 1pm the next day, June 4th, if she stopped to sleep for a couple of hours. He doesn't hear from her all day on June 4th and he is concerned.
Jodi finally calls Ryan around 1030pm on June 4th. She tells him she took the wrong freeway, drove the wrong direction, fell asleep, her phone was dead all day. She told him she bought another charger at a gas station. She told him she didn't know where she was. It took her another 12 hours to get to his house, again, longer than expected. She arrived the next morning, June 5th, around 10 or 11am. It was almost exactly 24 hours after he was originally expecting her.

As we know, instead of going to Ryan's house the night of June 3rd, she headed to Travis house in Arizona, arriving at 4am.

So, why the set up of Ryan to expect her on June 4th?

JM was paying close attention to this testimony from Ryan Burns. I believe it will be part of his argument for premeditation.

I think that her original plan was to sneak in, kill TA quickly, and be on her way. If she had done that, she would have not raised as much suspicion, and Ryan could have been a solid alibi. JMO

Juan will probably mention more about June 3rd, and all Jodi was doing before heading to Mesa, AZ. Jodi spent the night sleeping "on the floor" sharing one bedroom with Matt and his friend the night before, and then woke up to June 3rd. BBM

June 3, 2008:
Monterey, California

"Arias made three deposits to different accounts at a Washington Mutual branch:
•10:10 a.m. $400 to account # ending 8006
•10:11 a.m. $300 to account # ending 7148
•10:15 a.m. $100 to account # ending 7148

Arias called Alexander twice:
•A 17-second call at 12:57 p.m.
•A 2-minute, 50-second call at 1:51 p.m.

Arias' ex-boyfriend, Darryl Brewer, testified Arias stopped by his house in Monterey, California, on June 3, 2008. Brewer said he gave Arias two gas cans, because she needed them for a long road trip. In Session's legal experts say this could be evidence of premeditation, because Arias may have been trying to cover her tracks, using the gas cans so she would not have to buy gas in Mesa, where Alexander lived.

Salinas, California

At 3:22 p.m., Arias goes shopping at a Wal-Mart and buys two facial cleansers and three unidentified items. The sale total was $43.90 and she paid cash.

Pasadena, California

At 8:16 p.m., Arias calls Alexander. The call lasted 2 minutes, 9 seconds.

At 8:31 p.m., Arias goes to a CVS pharmacy. It is not clear what she bought.

At 8:34 p.m., Arias calls Alexander again and the call lasts 49 seconds

Between 8:42 and 8:46 p.m., Arias makes two gas purchases at Arco. The first is for $34.61, and the second is a pre-paid purchase for $40.

She may have filed up her rental car and the gas tanks with fuel.

Ryan Burns testified Arias called him around 9 or 10 p.m. on June 3, 2008. She told him she was on her way to Utah. Burns expected her to arrive around 9 a.m. the next morning, Wednesday, June 4."

from The Tragic Road Trip article
http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/02/11/jodi-arias-trial-tragic-roadtrip

Most of that could be internal. A puncture-type wound 3-1/2" deep closes up fast if there is opportunity for blood to go elsewhere. There is a dark spot above the hands which could be blood which has been forced upward by the pressure he is putting on his chest with the two hands.

Poor Travis! He doesn't realize he is mortally injured and thinks she has left the building. He thinks he is safe. Another picture of him shows him standing with the same reddish lighting and he sees her snapping these photos without a flash. There is pure surprise and shock on his face with his mouth opens--he's horrified.

I think she always planned to knife him so that she could get satisfaction of him knowing she was murdering him. One of my sons, now deceased, was a violent person and once while visiting him in jail, he described very matter-of-factly that you wanted to see the persons face when they realized they would not survive--that this moment is the revenge, the whole point. She would not get that with a gun. MOO

Also, I believe she slit his throat in atonement for his crimes because in the old days Mormons believed that spilling your own blood was the only way to "pay" for certain sins and the person who killed was doing the victim a favor. These approved forms of death included throat slashing, heart stabbing and abdominal slashing and Jodi did--or tried to do-- all three.

I believe she told Det. Flores why she shot him. She said that after his throat was cut he was still alive. She said she could tell from his eyes that he was "still in there." I think she had to get close to his face to get him into the shower and she was creeped out by his eyes. So she covered his face and shot him in the head--the brain-- through the pillow (to muffle the sound) and make sure he couldn't be conscious and look at her while she washed his body. Washing the body is another ritual used in Mormon temples to remove the "blood and sins of this generation."

I don't think she killed Travis in atonement for his sins, or that his killing had any symbolic relationship to Mormonism. She hadn't been a member of the church very long, she joined almost immediately after meeting Travis, and she never took the religion seriously, imo.
JM: Well, you were a practicing Mormon, right?
JA: Yes, sort of
She couldn't have him, he rejected her so he had to die.
IMO

Originally Posted by Sustained
Then again, how we know she even showered in TA's bathroom ? She had that case of Costco water in the trunk and could have washed up in the desert or possibly showered in one of the other bathrooms in the house.

Because she would have been bloody....blood would be outside his master suite. There wasn't a drop.
It was one heck of a bl**dy mess. It may be hard to tell because most of the bloods moisture had evaporated (ex: on the floor) leaving congealed spots. IT is also hard to see on the walls along the hallway because the paint job is a brown faux finish, but if you really look it is everywhere on the walls/ dripping down the walls everywhere/ smeared, puddled on the floor, etc.
There is no way on this earth that JA walked out of that bathroom without a very good premeditated clean-up plan, before walking in there to murder TA.

Thanks Missy for the video. There is more rattlilng of pages, side bars and nothing happening than there is testimony. They start late and they leave early and take a hecka lunch. Have they ever worked a full week? Sheeeesh!

It is a great picture quality, better than my TV

Hoping Monday has actual testimony. I would like 6 to 8 hrs but they told me People in HeII want ice water...

mck16...
I am with ya!

Sadly I do think this will be brought up in court.
Jaun has already opened that door when he asked her if she was
a Mormon.
Crossing my fingers that it won't go there.

I would be surprised if he brought any of that up in court. I'm also over hearing about the blood atonement, etc theories because I think they are way too far fetched. I'm not Mormon, but I think I would take offense if I were. I'm sure there are lots of stories throughout history of Catholics doing crazy things, but that doesn't mean I would do them or even be aware of them.

I think JM only asked that because she obviously wasn't taking the beliefs seriously. IMO it was another thing she did to get closer to TA. Nothing more.

[video=youtube;hBNSypqlybc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBNSypqlybc&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Listen to this at about 36:30..

What is she saying about MM?
She says something like he didn't answer his phone
until he was there.

Where the heck was he?
Did he meet up with Jodi?

So my work schedule is a little off this week. Someone quit, so I am covering the overnight shift intermittently.

Then I had an epiphany! :great:

Working overnights means I can get off at 7 am, sleep til noon, live stream the trial and then take a nap before going in again :rocker:

Maybe if I beg hard enough they'll let me work like this til the end of the trial?? Sure beats streaming on my smartphone with one earphone, trying to be stealthy at work!

Looking forward to tomorrow... (later today, I guess :P)

I don't think you would be doing compression on a bleeding wound. Would you? jmo

I don't think so either. I was responding to another post but yA still misunderstood. I agree w u

Holy **** her version of events from the finger breaking incident and the texts from that day are COMPLETELY off!!!!!

Listen to her version which starts at 4:01:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEY4f6mDuW4

and compare to the texts from that SAME day

Jodi---Did you make the deposit?
Travis--Yes
Jodi--Thank you I'll make it up to you soon
Jodi--I'm gonna need a ride! I'm off at 4pm. Txt me
Jodi--Scratch that. They're keeping me til 5pm! =( Can you pick me up then? The lunch offer from my vmail still stands

YESSSSSS.

So these texts show she lied about him taking $ from her---it was just the opposite.

And she worked until 5, so she didn't go over and move Christmas boxes, hang out, forget her porcelain angel and come back, catch him pleasuring himself to lil boy pix,freak out, drive away and go home and throw up and cry and cry and get a barrage of calls from him begging for forgiveness.

Once the jury knows for sure that ALL of that was total fabrication, they will be pissed. I hope there are a lot of men picked for the jury. How angry are they going to be knowing she falsely accused this poor guy like that, after slaughtering him.

Good morning!

Something about the picture of Travis sitting in the shower has really bothered me. What are the two parallel, horizontal red lines that appear to be on his neck? They sort of look like rope burns to me. Her testimony about the rope keeps coming to my mind when I look at these marks on his neck.

This first picture at this link is the one I'm referring to:

http://www.examiner.com/slideshow/g...dmitted-into-evidence-jodi-arias-murder-trial

(You all may have already discussed this, but I missed it if you did.)

Good morning!

Something about the picture of Travis sitting in the shower has really bothered me. What are the two parallel, horizontal red lines that appear to be on his neck? They sort of look like rope burns to me. Her testimony about the rope keeps coming to my mind when I look at these marks on his neck.

This first picture at this link is the one I'm referring to:

http://www.examiner.com/slideshow/g...dmitted-into-evidence-jodi-arias-murder-trial

(You all may have already discussed this, but I missed it if you did.)

I'm not sure they are rope burns, I think it is just how his neck is turned so the skin creases and is red possibly from the shower.

I don't even think a rope existed. I think she concocted that to fit in with the placement of a knife.

YESSSSSS.

So these texts show she lied about him taking $ from her---it was just the opposite.

And she worked until 5, so she didn't go over and move Christmas boxes, hang out, forget her porcelain angel and come back, catch him pleasuring himself to lil boy pix,freak out, drive away and go home and throw up and cry and cry and get a barrage of calls from him begging for forgiveness.

Once the jury knows for sure that ALL of that was total fabrication, they will be pissed. I hope there are a lot of men picked for the jury. How angry are they going to be knowing she falsely accused this poor guy like that, after slaughtering him.

BBM So, are you saying there never was a porcelain angel? The whole story is hinged on that angel. Does she just throw angels into her stories for believeablity? Yep, big liar.

Oh yeah, if the whole story is a fabrication, the jury is going to be furious she made up that entire pedophile story. Extra lying is just too much, and she will get the DP for such a lie about Travis.

Excited about this week. See you in the morning! :offtobed:

So for some reason tonight I went back and read JA and TA MySpace comments to each other and family. The whole thing just makes me sad. To see the way her sister looked up to her, as much as tanisha wrote on Travis wall. And the comments back and forth to each other on pictures and random flirting. I know they dated for five months officially but how long had they know each other? I know the met at ppl, just can't remember when.

Also, the email JA sent as a John Doe is crazy as hell. And I grew up in a very strict non denominational house that kinda took it to extremes. But the wording in that. Ca. Rah. Zy.

I don't think she killed Travis in atonement for his sins, or that his killing had any symbolic relationship to Mormonism. She hadn't been a member of the church very long, she joined almost immediately after meeting Travis, and she never took the religion seriously, imo.

She couldn't have him, he rejected her so he had to die.
IMO

I do think the throat slitting part had to do with atonement.IMO Jodi is a very symbolic person and IMO she wanted to make sure she could be with Travis again in the afterlife.IMO she did that so Travis would "not be mad and be proud of her " since she "loves" him so much....

So for some reason tonight I went back and read JA and TA MySpace comments to each other and family. The whole thing just makes me sad. To see the way her sister looked up to her, as much as tanisha wrote on Travis wall. And the comments back and forth to each other on pictures and random flirting. I know they dated for five months officially but how long had they know each other? I know the met at ppl, just can't remember when.

Also, the email JA sent as a John Doe is crazy as hell. And I grew up in a very strict non denominational house that kinda took it to extremes. But the wording in that. Ca. Rah. Zy.

The dates are very confusing. I thought I'd give you an answer before I tuck myself in bed. Of course, we already know according to Jodi that they were involved before they officially started dating. Official seems to mean ownership or reason to continue stalking in Jodi speak.

Well, Good Night

:countsheep:

CASE TIMELINE

"September 2006 – Travis Alexander met Jodi Arias at a conference in Las Vegas. At the time, Alexander was a 30-year-old motivational speaker and legal-insurance salesman. Arias, then 28, was living in Yreka, Calif., and was trying to make it as a saleswoman and an independent photographer. The two had an instant connection and spoke on the phone every day. Court records indicate that the couple exchanged 82,000 emails.

Arias and Alexander when she was baptized.

November 26, 2006 – Because Alexander was a Mormon, Arias chose to be baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

February 2, 2007 – Alexander and Arias began dating."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/31/jodi-arias-timeline_n_2387245.html

I think that her original plan was to sneak in, kill TA quickly, and be on her way. If she had done that, she would have not raised as much suspicion, and Ryan could have been a solid alibi. JMO

::nods::: Maybe she had to wait because the house- mate was still there.
Threw her whole plan off by 24 hours.
Ryan was still an alibi and premeditation- and a great witness for the prosecution.

He saw the "real" Jodi just hours after she brutally and cruelly killed TA.
What did he see? two little band aids. No broken nose, bruises, black eyes, ,
just happy- go - lucky lying- con- artist/scammer ( with a six pack) JA.

<<Premeditation can take a number of forms. Sometimes it involves working out the most effective way to kill someone, ranging from selecting a method which is likely to work on the first try to tracking someone's habits in order to pick an opportune moment. Additionally, premeditation can include thinking ahead to try and evade capture. For example, if someone obtains an unregistered gun and uses gloves to handle it, she or he has clearly both planned a murder method and taken steps to avoid capture and thus is planning to commit a premeditated murder.>>

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-premeditated-murder.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member