jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #51 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people are getting the idea that Travis scratched her because Flores noticed scratch marks on her arms and she said they were from her "feral" cat. When has she had an animal....feral or otherwise? My guess is she did his fingernails too. Just to make sure no DNA would be found. Didn't people report her as wearing long sleeves during that timeframe? Mid-June????? jmo

Were they for sure fingernail scratches? Could they have been scratches from her skin rubbing against the floor or walls or whatever while she was killing him?

Me, I would have been a naked fighting MF, no way would I be compliant to sit down (That's almost like getting in the car), yeah he made mistakes that cost him his life if Jodi was the one and only person there.

He was a motivational speaker, he could have talked his way to a vantage point.

Before everyone gets mad at me, I do think she had help and a partner in crime, otherwise it makes Travis out to be wimpy and not able to handle himself which I do not think was the case.
I do hope you never have the opportunity to find out what you would do in this situation.

Another thing, Jean Casarez. Did cops, as they were secretly watching the grandparents` home -- did they see her having a conversation with her mother out in the car?

CASAREZ: Yes, they did, a woman they believed was her mother. Another thing from these police incident reports, they later executed a search warrant on her mother`s home, her parents` home. They found a box of .25- millimeter bullets in that home.

GRACE: Man, was that brought into the jury in the state`s case in chief?

CASAREZ: Not that I know of, no.

GRACE: I`m just very surprised and concerned all of this has not gone in front of the jury. But again, maybe the state`s holding it back for rebuttal.

Here`s another twist on that, Jean Casarez. Can the mother be called to testify as to what her daughter told her in that car? Would she tell the truth, or would she lie to save her daughter`s skin, Jean Casarez?

CASAREZ: Well, an interesting point is, it was the mother that was inquiring, and the reports do not say who she was inquiring to, but she was asking about the gun her daughter had hidden in the car. So Jodi`s mother knows information.

Yes, that is NG and the media and things they say are not always accurate. Somewhere there is the SW posted. Try the media thread.

I understand that, follow along for a second. We know that from the pics and time stamps that there was at least a couple of minutes from when she started taking pics to when he was actually sitting in shower alive. Highly doubtful she is holding a knife on him, so she has the gun trained on him...gunshot would come first...but there are at least two minutes to talk his way out...For God's sake, even if he had to lie and tell Jodi everything she wanted to hear, being compliant verbally, I can not see how he could not talk his way out.

The prosecutions theory is she simply asked him to pose for pictures. There is no evidence he was sitting in the shower at gun or knife point. None.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ITA and I think she watches a lot of movies and gets her ideas from there.. I forget the last movie I saw with a stabbing scene but they usually get stabbing in the midsection and quickly keel over or at least don't do much struggling. I think JA had no idea how difficult it was going to be and how much of a fight TA would put up..
MOO :)
Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2
Exactly. The female victim of Norman Bate's died within seconds.

Jodi did not realize that stabbing a person "to death" (in the chest) requires a stab through 2-4 inches of muscle to reach the lungs. Most of Travis' stab wounds (according to the autopsy) were less than 1.5 inches deep.

Me, I would have been a naked fighting MF, no way would I be compliant to sit down (That's almost like getting in the car), yeah he made mistakes that cost him his life if Jodi was the one and only person there.

Before everyone gets mad at me, I do think she had help and a partner in crime, otherwise it makes Travis out to be wimpy and not able to handle himself which I do not think was the case.

I have questioned whether she acted alone, also. I have wondered why Flores was so insistent in his interrogation with her that there had to have been more than one person. Was that just a technique he was using or did he really believe that? Thoughts? :waitasec:

Yes, that is NG and the media and things they say are not always accurate. Somewhere there is the SW posted. Try the media thread.

Thanks. I will go look for it. And you are right, I should take what Nancy Grace says with a grain of salt.

She stabbed him when he had a towel over his face. Suprise attack/sucker punch. First wound to the chest would have killed him after a couple minutes. Not to mention shock while she continued stabbing.

No problem if you believe shot first, but lets not claim a woman can't drop a man with a well placed stab wound.

Exactly and a deep plunging knife wound has way more stopping power than
a .25 bullet.

Not to insult anyone's intelligence, some people may not realize
the bullet isn't much bigger than a tylenol capsule.
A little longer and thinner.

[/B]

She can "barely move" because her head hurts so bad, yet she wants to know if Travis can "TALK right now". I don't know about you, but if I have a headache so bad that I can barely move - I certainly DON'T want to carry on a conversation either!!!

Jodi is playing games here. She's used the car excuse so she could SEE Travis. When that didn't work out, she ditched the car idea and now wants to TALK.

once you see how she thinks, you can see all the things unsaid here----'i have a headache. feel sorry for me.' 'a phone call woke me up. don't you want to know who it was?'

say, does anyone know when the 'i'm just a dildo with a heartbeat' message was? we haven't heard that one yet, have we?

Can somebody answer this question for me?

RE: Alleged Pedophilia Incident Jan 22 2008

As I recall JM showed JA the cell phone records and text message streams that belonged to TA - NOT JA.
JA was very confident that she could defend the claim that there was a barrage of phone calls from TA after the pedophilia incident. JM showed that TA did NOT make a barrage of phone calls from his cell phone to JA from 4PM to 7PM. But JA implied that all these calls were made from TA's "LAND LINE". Obviously it seems to me JM did NOT have access to JA cell phone incoming calls/records on Jan22 2008. Otherwise JA could not be confident that the inference could be made that TA made his desperate phone calls via his land line.

He showed her both - one a time.

It makes sense to me that she would stab him in the heart first. The Knife is a much more intimate weapon than the gun,the heart is where she wanted him to feel pain.

Oh I totally agree!!! The knife is personal and quieter. A gun is distant non personal plus very loud when one pulls the trigger. Jodi had too much rage to make this distant and on non-personal. She wanted this to be intimate and painful. Possibly, the gun was backup as her initial plan. Who knows afterward what was going on in her head.

IMHO

I necer even thought of the macho man angle, Travis should've been tougher!:banghead:

I have questioned whether she acted alone, also. I have wondered why Flores was so insistent in his interrogation with her that there had to have been more than one person. Was that just a technique he was using or did he really believe that? Thoughts? :waitasec:

Because Jodi is so altruistic ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As for hand defensive wounds, how do you explain no DNA in any of his fingernails?

IMO, Travis wasn't scratching back like a lil' bia***. Heck he was probably boxing with the knife and at the same time blocking himself. Even if he wanted to scratch at her, she didn't give him any time for which is evident to the wounds on his fingers.

I agree about the 'shock' angle. He looks very scared and confused in that closeup of his face. Seconds later she is stabbing him. :eek: :eek:

Oh and :welcome: to WS. Great post.

He looks like he is seeing his life flash before his very eyes.:( And the photo before the close up is the one where I think he finally notices she is there spying on him once again.

Over 660 men a year are murdered by females who knew them. So obviously females can overpower a larger male. In fact I have read that females tend to prefer up close and personal methods of murder. They seem to enjoy knowing the victim knows its them and that they are going to kill them and being right on top of them. A lot of females use knives, axes or hatchets or other gruesome bludgeoning objects.:(

ITA! Most all crimes are completed due to the element of surprise. She not only had him hemmed up in a very small space naked and vulnerable but he also had no time to react when the knife plunged in his chest. I have read it takes seconds for the brain to actually tell the body what to do in traumatic situations and Travis didnt have seconds and would be in shock.

The only thing he could do to try and save himself is go forward toward her to get out of the shower.........if not she would have hacked him to death in there. He may have gotten the horrible defensive wounds when he tried to get past her when coming out of the shower.

She is evil personified.:furious:

No one knows what they would ACTUALLY do in a situation of that extreme violent situation. No one!!! We may say "we would do this or that!" However, when it comes down to the reality of the situation, we do not know unless we actually are in that situation.

Travis wasn't a wimp! He was a crime victim slaughtered by a raged woman.

Lots of REAL LIVE attorneys are concerned about this very thing - not jurors being "dumber than dirt", but that it was not as easy to follow as some were hoping.
Zeno49 is not alone in this thought - it is not a black and white issue - it is a matter of opinion.
I'd wager there are some on this very forum that agree with Zeno 49, and have not voiced their opinion because of responses like this.

I will admit that I was a bit confused during JM's cross, partly because I am new to the case, and also because it was a bit disjointed; BUT, with the knowledge that this man has been doing his job for a very long time - and has done it well, based upon his record - it's hard to say that he doesn't know what he is doing. It is easy for us to question his strategy when we don't really know it. lol. Even if we get the gist of it, we don't fully know his plan for JA.

IMO, Thursday seemed like his time to size her up, to see how she would react to certain things. The whole, "when men like you and Travis," comment, imo, made her look bad and gave the jurors a chance to see that she isn't really scared of men the way she claims. (Or, is it common for women to laugh after claiming the loud voice of men scrambles their brain?)

If his cross examination is the same as it was Thursday, throughout his entire cross, and if he doesn't manage to tie it all together in a way that ppl can understand, THEN we can say that he failed or had some major missteps. I just doubt that he will let this get away from him, and I think that a week from now we will be sitting here praising his strategy. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eppomoosha