jodi arias TAKES THE STAND #64 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this brings everyone to the same page. It seems as there will be more than one story tonight on Dateline.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/3032600/vp/50994724#50994724

Did you watch the clip? I think they're both on tonight??
When you click the link, just wait a min, and it will start rolling.
First someone connected with Oscar comes on, then immediately, the book writer of Travis' trial.
So, both, I think.

When I was watching live yesterday, I could "rewind" the live feed. Right when this was whispered I did rewind numerous times. With my headphones on full blast I heard "just stick with it" or "just stay with it". I'm not saying I'm correct, but that's what it sounded like to me. :twocents:

I have waited to post this... to see if anyone else noticed it or if it might have been just me... but the more I watch it.. the more I am convinced that Jodi is flipping Juan Martinez off.

Take a look at 1:13:11 and tell me if she is flipping Mr. Martinez off.

http://youtu.be/-OoctLBC3zY?t=1h12m39s

But she admitted it! So why waste taxpayers money? I never mentioned sending her to the gallows. But you can lock someone away so they can't get in court and destroy another's reputation! How was it right or constitutional for her lawyer to allow her to make up a story like that?? It is wrong on so many levels!

After Nurmi became JA's lawyer in 2010, he filed a motion wanting to plea to a less-than-death-penalty charge. The motion said that JA would trash Travis' reputation and destroy his family if she was forced to go to trial. I'll try and find a link to the document. I'm a big believer in the Constitution, and that everyone's entitled to a lawyer, but that piece of blackmail totally turned me against Nurmi. It's no wonder that JM said no to a plea. I would have too, and I bet the Alexander siblings were in total agreement.

Sorry o/t

Dateline NBC: 8pm tonight- astonishing murder case against the Olympic track star Oscar Pistorius
ABC 20/20: "The Fast Times of Oscar Pistorius” TONIGHT at 10 ET
Sunday: Beauty & the Blade Runner, March 3 at 8pm ET/PT on Investigation Discovery (ID)

My comcast info button about the Dateline Show tonight (airs at 8pm eastern here) ..
Says
"Keith Morrison explores the Oscar Pistorious case ...."
PLUS ... "The trial of accused murderer Jodi Aria."

Looks like the major potion of show will be about Pitorious - but also some coverage of JA trial tonight.

how does SHE know where that casing went? she didn't pick it up. didn't even think about it, i guess. but how is she so sure what happened to it? was she taking time to watch where it went?
hummm... She wouldn't need to worry about the casing because she had the gun and was going to dispose of it in the desert. I don't know really. I'm just thinking about it off the top of my head.

Sometimes the state simply will not plea, as in this case.

Okay. My last comment on this. The state would not plea because she wanted second degree murder or she would ruin Travis with all her lies! You missed my point. If the defense attorney knows his client is guilty...and he did...WHY would he allow her to lie in court and help tell her story? This is a hideous thing to do. If Nurmi or Baez were my relative I would be ashamed of him. That is my opinion and it will never change.

in part 3 of yesterday.. about 3 minutes in Arias states she runs down the hallway and into the closet and slams the door.

this is the door that is closest to the bedroom door

so she is saying instead of running out of the room, out of the house, away from a naked wet man that is chasing her she instead turns and goes into the closet!

I mean REALLY????!

This is where it definitely turns to premeditation (IMO). Even in her version (which I DO NOT believe) she knew she could turn left and go out the door, instead she turns right where she knew the gun was.

Not a rope. It's definitely his foot. I'm sure someone can post the recreation photo so you can see how small the foot looks from that perspective. It does look odd, but it's his foot.

IIRC JM asked her if that was Travis' foot and she said yes! I have no doubt she has looked over these photos many times......
she knows ever nuance of them.....just like she is returning to the scene of the crime and reliving it with JOY!!

But I understand defense does to get a rebuttal. Only the prosecution does. Am I confused?

This was listed by Sleuth21 in the legal Q&A thread
"Generally it's Direct Exam - Cross Exam - Re-Direct Exam and, in this case, followed by Juror Questions.

Cross Exam questions are limited to the scope of whatever topics or issues are brought out on Direct Exam. Re-Direct is also limited to the scope of the Cross Exam.

Often the parties are done after Re-Direct except, if the judge allows, very brief re-cross.

In this case, with a witness on the stand for a month who rambles and constantly adds unnecessary info, I would imagine that there could be some additional rounds of recross and redirect but very brief - like one or two ?s - and it can't just be a repeat of the same questions from the last cross/redirect. I also imagine that if Nurmi tries to clean up the magazine debacle there will be a bit of recross on her explanation of that.
I haven't noticed if the judge has allowed the parties to follow up after juror questions but they may be allowed to ask additional questions if juror questions bring out new information.

I'm not an AZ licensed attorney so if anyone from AZ has some edits to my answer have at it. This is just the general practice I have observed in my state, federal court and lots of trials on the TV. "

ETA: Someone said that they do NOT have recross in AZ as touted on HLN today. Go to the legal thread and see if minor or AZ input as they'll get around to correcting the above as needed I bet.

in part 3 of yesterday.. about 3 minutes in Arias states she runs down the hallway and into the closet and slams the door.

this is the door that is closest to the bedroom door

so she is saying instead of running out of the room, out of the house, away from a naked wet man that is chasing her she instead turns and goes into the closet!

I mean REALLY????!

I'm so grateful for the times she's her own worst enemy. Like yesterday bringing up demonstrating the linebacker move.

But this was another one. I distinctly remember her saying something like 'I don't know why I turned right instead of left......'

LEFT: life and freedom
RIGHT: death

Self defense was over with right there.

I have waited to post this... to see if anyone else noticed it or if it might have been just me... but the more I watch it.. the more I am convinced that Jodi is flipping Juan Martinez off.

Take a look at 1:13:11 and tell me if she is flipping Mr. Martinez off.

http://youtu.be/-OoctLBC3zY?t=1h12m39s

It looks to me like she is peeking at the picture before she fully puts her hand on her face. jmo

Sometimes the state simply will not plea, as in this case.

And IIRC the judge has to allow the attorney to leave the case...in this case KN tried to quit and was not allowed to...darn it....I hope he stops picking his nose and pulling on his junk in court though!!

I heard something on TV the other day ... a friend of Jodi said that he and she believe that there will be a mistrial, that another trial will take years and that at most, she will get 5 years. I can't begin to understand what she is thinking ... except that she must expect that all juries are like the Anthony jury. I hope it isn't so.
I saw that too, and the friend who said is a mental case who has latched onto her for his 15 min. of fame. (Heard from someone she asked him not to come to court). If Jodi actually said that, it was before Juan ripped her to shreds. Bet she's not feeling so cocky after yesterday. And she already tried to plea guilty to 2nd degree murder, so there's no way they'd charge her with less, and there's all the premeditation evidence.
Also, Casey didn't get up and testify. This jury has seen the real Jodi, snarky and aggressive.

I'm with Schuby...I don't get that impression.

I would not put it past her. Really. She is something I have never seen before. Something so evil and ugly. She does not care about anyone. She thinks she is all powerful and can get anything she wants. She is not crying for anyone but that jury.

I am listening to yesterday's testimony...

I would love for the jury to take a field trip to see this bathroom... it would truly give them an idea how fantastical her story is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mascaraguns