jodi arias TAKES THE STAND #66 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are for sure phone calls between the two. I have seen them. But it still doesn't mean she told him she was coming.

Yes, 14 calls from Jodi to Travis, two calls from Travis to Jodi (placed a few hours before she left Yreka). And once she left Yreka and was on the road, none of the calls from her to him lasted any more than 3 minutes. The Verizon guy testified that the maximum about of time to leave a voice message on a basic plan was 3 minutes, and on an enhanced plan was 5 minutes. However, I haven't been able to find which plan Travis was on or if the calls Jodi made while en route were all routed to voice mail, or if Travis picked up.

Speaking of smells....Long time ago I had to wait at the scene of an accident in the middle of the night for police. This guy had driven his car into the end of a guardrail which went through the front window and part of it clipped the guy's head. He'd survived and had come to our door spewing blood everywhere. Policeman arrived and he was asking me questions. I started to smell something horrific and it got stronger and stronger. I thought it was coming from the police officer.haha. Finally I blurted out to the officer WHAT IS THAT SMELL??? It was gross. He said it was the guy's blood baking on the hood of the car. Wasn't the same as dead smell, more like sitting in the middle of a sewer or something.

Does anyone know Jodi's ethnic background? Pictures of her before the murder I thought she almost looked like she was part Asian, but she looks radically different now.

TIA

I don't know what her background is. I will say, though, that I used to belong to a pool where there was a kid who looked like my son's identical twin. My son was born in Korea, and the other boy was from Guatemala. It was really amazing how much they looked alike.

That makes me want to laugh. No way in Hades does any dog smell like a dead person unless the dog is dead. I've smelled dead a few times.

I don't think it is funny.

Travis was closed up within the shower/bathroom and behind his bedroom door...all the while the a/c is running. Only after his bedroom door was opened did the smell fully permeate the whole house.

det. flores said it was obvious as soon as he entered the house. but then he knows that smell. they didn't. they thought it was the dog. even if they'd been concerned about a bad smell, TA wasn't home---they assumed he was out of town----so there was nothing they could really do about it.

The doors to the bedroom had been opened which would have let out the odors even more. Jodi may have reset the temperature in the room and bath to a lower setting to keep it cooler. jmo

For all we know she arrived that morning and the entire 12 hours was more a hostage situation at knife and gun point. What's he going to do with a crazed stalker with a loaded gun and a knife.

Not much...just try to stay alive.

We need to try to go with our gut, reach deep down and we all have that sixth sense. When I think of the current version that is playing out in court where he let her in, they had sex, the KY, the showering my gut is telling me Travis is trying to say that did NOT happen. He's not ok with this.

When I think I have hit on a more accurate scenario, you can almost feel someone saying "YES! YES! I've been trying to tell you that.. I NEVER had sex with her that day"

I agree about no sex that day. But, how to prove it?

I think you go far towards that with the timing of the pics and noticing Travis is asleep while the pics are being taken.

On the stand, IIRC she said they made love until about 200pm.

Then she took a shower.

Well, you've just shown with the pics that's not true.

We have to go back and look at her testimony on this.

I am starting to really question when the "naughty" pictures were taken. I don't know enough about photography but is it possible that those six photographs were copied from JA's computer onto the new camera's disk at 1:30pm. Maybe they weren't taken that day at all? If you copy a picture from somewhere else onto a disk, wouldn't the timestamp read as the time you copied the picture?

His legs appear hairless in those photographs. (They do not in the shower pics.) Also - why is the bed made? She says they woke up and had sex but didn't they ever sleep IN the bed; why is the duvet on?

I'm really starting to think that she may well have arrived at 4am. but that he didn't know she was there. She could have been the one on his computer. The camera box was in the office so she very well could have uploaded photos onto his new camera. He might not have even known she was in the house until very shortly before he was killed!

Super creepy!

i'm really warming to the theory that he was upstairs asleep when she arrived, but i did read in flores's account that TA saw his roommate downstairs during the day on the 4th (jodi had to be upstairs in the bedroom at the time) and told his roommate he'd only slept for 45 minutes that night. so he may well have been up as she claims.

i DON'T think he knew she was coming though. this is her favorite MO---she shows up unexpected, she leaves something she has to return for, she wants to surprise him, she just materializes!!!!

creepy to me was the email she sent him about staying at his house while he was in cancun. who does that??? it's like she's saving her place in his bed while she knows he's in mexico with another woman (even though it's platonic.) SO pathological, IMO.

i wonder if any of TA's friends ever went so far as to suggest he get a restraining order. not that it would have stopped her. she was going to kill him if she couldn't have him, period. she couldn't move on with HER life knowing he was out there, happy, seeing other women and probably soon marrying one, and having a family. she just couldn't have that.

Maybe others have answered (I'm still trying to catch up on this thread), but I think the issue here is that the ME says he was shot LAST, while Jodi's story is that she shot him FIRST, before stabbing him. If the shell casing landed on blood already on the floor, that proves the she is (one again) lying.

I did get that part. I was just surprised that she didn't go with the" it's all a fog" BS. The bullet was clearly on top of the blood in that photo.

Yeah, but I wonder why TA didn't call the cops when she showed up?

That's what I've been wondering about too considering that TA had shared with a few that he feared JA would kill him. Did he have sex with her that day bc there was still some addiction for the sex that he craved or see it as the path of least resistance to get her out of there.

IIRC, there was no sex tape. JA said they couldn't figure out how to use the video portion of the camera.

I've started thinking that perhaps they didn't have sex or if they did it was nothing close to what JA is claiming.

But MOO just because they talked on the phone doesn't mean he knew she was coming. In fact, the more I think about it I am sure she didn't tell him. She could NOT TAKE A CHANCE that he would be able to mention to somebody that she was coming...via text or phone call or even a room mate

Oh, excellent point!She went through so much trouble to make it seem as though she wouldn't be in Arizona with the gas cans and all that. Why would she tell Travis and run the risk of him telling his friends? Considering the sort of mail he'd sent her a few weeks prior there would have been a good chance of him complaining to his friends about her coming over.

I just don't think she held him hostage, so to speak, from morning/afternoon till he was murdered. That's too much of a risk, even for an idiot like her.

These texts are . . . I can't find the word for them. It seems like the first one, April 2008, he must not have told people whatever it was, since the May 10 sex tape is AFTER this. So JA must have "explained" it all away? And then he found out later it was true?

I know that we have never seen this email that he sent her, but I'm wondering if LE ever found it? You would think it would be on the Sent Mail in his computer. Of course, we know Jodi had access . . . .

OMG~ those texts TA wrote to JA are very telling.
I hope her sociopathed *advertiser censored** goes to DEATH ROW
Do Not pass go
Do Not collect $200.00
And for Heavens sake Do NOT give her a get out of jail free card :furious:

But MOO just because they talked on the phone doesn't mean he knew she was coming. In fact, the more I think about it I am sure she didn't tell him. She could NOT TAKE A CHANCE that he would be able to mention to somebody that she was coming...via text or phone call or even a room mate

He was manscaped. That alone tells me he knew she was on her way. I haven't seen anything to prove that he wasn't aware that she was coming over or that he was being held hostage at any point during that day. I didn't hear the prosecution suggest any of this either.

Yes, 14 calls from Jodi to Travis, two calls from Travis to Jodi (placed a few hours before she left Yreka). And once she left Yreka and was on the road, none of the calls from her to him lasted any more than 3 minutes. The Verizon guy testified that the maximum about of time to leave a voice message on a basic plan was 3 minutes, and on an enhanced plan was 5 minutes. However, I haven't been able to find which plan Travis was on or if the calls Jodi made while en route were all routed to voice mail, or if Travis picked up.

Didn't JM allude to the fact that Jodi could have been checking his voicemails?

I don't buy Jodi's story about Travis telling her to come and see him while she was on the road. I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that he didn't even know she was coming, that she arrived at night/early morning under the cover of darkness and she was the one who was on his computer early in the morning. It's possible Jodi could have taken the pictures of herself with a timer, rather than Travis taking them. Travis doesn't look excited to have his pictures taken (pun intended). The only part that doesn't make sense is why would he consent to have sex with her that afternoon? Is it possible there really was no sex, just naked pictures? Would love to hear other theories as to how that time at Travis' house unfolded. How many people think Travis invited her? How many think he didn't? Did she surprise him like she had many times in the past? Did he consent or want a sexual encounter with her? It seems to me that after he had sent emails calling her a sociopath and more, that he really would not be comfortable around her anymore. The sad part is we will never know the whole story.

One of the things about their relationship is the on-and-off nature. There is the very angry text from April, which mentions something horrible Jodi has done, bad enough that Travis is planning on telling everybody, and yet on May 10, they have that sex phone call where everything seems to be fine. They break up in May/June of 2007 and yet continue to see each other. I have a really hard time understanding exactly what was going on between them, except that Travis was perhaps, through inexperience, having a hard time grasping how someone he knew could be so evil. I've mentioned before that I had a son who went through a long off-and-on romance (not like this one, thank God), and my son always seemed ready to forgive and forget -- until the next time. IDK

There are for sure phone calls between the two. I have seen them. But it still doesn't mean she told him she was coming.

June 2
June 2, 2008:

Yreka, California

Phone records show several calls between Arias and Alexander in the early morning hours:

Arias called Alexander four times between 1 a.m. and 3 a.m.

These calls were all very short, the longest 17 seconds.

Alexander called Arias twice during the 3 a.m. hour:

The first call was just under 18 minutes, the second about 41 minutes.
Arias called Travis at 4:03 a.m. The call lasted 2 minutes, 48 seconds.

June 3
Arias called Alexander twice:

A 17-second call at 12:57 p.m.
A 2-minute, 50-second call at 1:51 p.m.

Then June 3

Pasadena, California

At 8:16 p.m., Arias calls Alexander. The call lasted 2 minutes, 9 seconds.

At 8:31 p.m., Arias goes to a CVS pharmacy. It is not clear what she bought.

At 8:34 p.m., Arias calls Alexander again and the call lasts 49 seconds

Between 8:42 and 8:46 p.m., Arias makes two gas purchases at Arco. The first is for $34.61, and the second is a pre-paid purchase for $40.

She claims she called Travis while she was on the road to Mesa. There would be a record of that. If she hadn't called him, the prosecution would have pointed that out.

I thought she said her phone battery was low or dead therefore she didn't call him en route, but only called him just as she was leaving California - of course, we can't believe anything she says which is why it's confusing without actual phone records - I don't recall there being any records of phone calls as she is traveling to AZ, doesn anyone have those?

I agree about no sex that day. But, how to prove it?

I think you go far towards that with the timing of the pics and noticing Travis is asleep while the pics are being taken.

On the stand, IIRC she said they made love until about 200pm.

Then she took a shower.

Well, you've just shown with the pics that's not true.

We have to go back and look at her testimony on this.

I decided to take the tactic that another poster whom I cannot recall brought up. Someone said, if Jodi said she did ABC then that means she really did DEF.. Not ABC.

I then just back tracked a couple items and discovered just a couple simple things she said that are not disputed were actually false. So how much more is simply not true?

A lot I suspect

(THANK YOU JESUS..costco message in email, your glasses are ready) whew. my dog chewed them up, I can't see Trial on TV very well the past 6 days! I am on the way to Costco LOL

BBM . . . So true!

I also question where Jodi came up with the money that she miraculously deposited into her two accounts while she was still in CA before she arrived at Travis' house:

June 3, 2008:

Monterey, California

Arias made three deposits to different accounts at a Washington Mutual branch:

10:10 a.m. $400 to account # ending 8006
10:11 a.m. $300 to account # ending 7148
10:15 a.m. $100 to account # ending 7148

I think the amounts themselves are interesting - I believe that on all or most ATMs there is a maximum withdrawal per day of $400, so is it possible that Jodi had a bank card and pin for any of Travis' accounts that she could have made a withdrawal from, then deposited into her own accounts? Where else would she have come up with this money to deposit? I recall Martinez specifically asking her how much cash she brought with her on the trip and she gave a vague answer of anywhere between $80 and $200 approximately.

I thought she merely transferred funds from one account to another so she could classify the trip as a business writeoff? It's in the testimony that she did that at some point in May. About halfway down the page here: http://abcnews.go.com/US/jodi-arias-describes-violent-sex-killing-boyfriend/story?id=18538637

He was manscaped. That alone tells me he knew she was on her way. I haven't seen anything to prove that he wasn't aware that she was coming over or that he was being held hostage at any point during that day. I didn't hear the prosecution suggest any of this either.

BBM

You are joking right?

and I am not giving Jodi Arias the satisfaction of having her think that ANYONE on earth thinks that Travis slept with her that day, had any fun with her, wanted her there. Its a lie.

She stalked him and tortured him and killed him. He hated her. He was afraid of her, he wanted her out of his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member