jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 11TH DAY #57 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, sorry if this was posted already, i think the'res a misunderstanding, when the poster referenced "the secret" i believe it was "the secret of TA's pedophilia" that jodi was trying to preserve,,not the movie or book by the same name, correct me if im wrong.

it was the book and movie....

I'm just watching the bit about her boobys before implants picture that were takedn by DB in 2006. I bet we will see that they were taken at the same time as the peni picture with his fingers in it.

I think it starts at 10:15 AZ time, so we still have an hour.

I'm not convinced the trial will start at 10:15. Up until yesterday, the judge had asked the jury to be in their room at 10:25 (five minutes before the scheduled start time). Then, after Nurmi complained about the delays dragging things out and how they had to end on time, the judge asked the jurors to be there by 10:15.

Ok, I went and paid rent, went to the post office, I went to the bank (To deposit the $1.85 check I got and I have no idea why?), I paid my bills, I picked up my Rx's and filled my pill case for a two week supply.

Unfortunately, I think I'm getting sick. I got a very good nights sleep last night and yet I'm exhausted and feeling like something is coming on. I hope I can last for the entire day today.

Bring it on JM, make her look silly and evasive! :great:

ETA: My hair is a month away from being harvestable. I was so hoping they could do it today. :sigh:

hi, sorry if this was posted already, i think the'res a misunderstanding, when the poster referenced "the secret" i believe it was "the secret of TA's pedophilia" that jodi was trying to preserve,,not the movie or book by the same name, correct me if im wrong.

She was referring to the book "The Secret". Jodi's excuse for why she never wrote about or talked about Travis and his alleged abuse or alleged pedophilia was because of the laws of attraction. That's what she claims and she brought up the book and the film.

At the risk of angering many here, I'm afraid it's time to move on. JM has proven her to be a liar, proven she was experienced when she met Travis and probably introduced him to many activities, proven she is not a shrinking violet and perfectly capable of manipulating the men in her life.

It's time to convince the jury that this was a per-meditated murder and she tried for more than two years to lie her way out of it.

The jury, I believe, is aware of WHO SHE IS and it is now time to prove to them WHAT SHE DID. JA's family deserves nothing less.

Why should he move on after only cross examining her for two days? I really dont understand the rush when Nurmi had Jodi on the stand on direct for 8-9 days.:waitasec:

she really doesn't like it when he goes to the table and pulls out exhibits....He does know this case inside out and then some---she just thinks she knows it better.....

I noticed that too. She always looks nervous to me when he's getting out exhibits.

I must not be watching the same trial. I dont want him to stop. I want him to keep on keeping on and taking a bite out of her everytime she speaks.

We have court watchers in the courtroom. They have seen no juror having sympathy for the murderess. I imagine the jury is sick and tired that she cant answer one damn question honestly and forthrightly.

The more she talks the more it shows her arrogance and her guilt.

Of course she isnt going to break under pressure. She is a vile sociopath but she does reveal herself. Little by little she lets the mask slip.

Juan Martinez is amazing and more skilled than any other Prosecutor Ive ever seen. When she jumps in the weeds he jumps in with her..'machete in hand'........and he doesnt hesitate. No matter what tangent she jumps into he has questions about that and when she knows he is harming her she jumps into the weeds on another tangent and he stays right with her and has questions about whatever she says even when she is trying hard to change the subject. Priceless.

Not every Prosecutor could be this nimble and quick minded but he knows this case like the back of his hand.

IMO

I know for sure he knows what he's doing, but..... Getting lost one these tangents- three or four times he never went back to the original point. She effectively derailed the conversation.
I hope he gets over the petty arguments and goes on to his masterful leading of Arias. I know he will at some point, and I hope it's soon.

Ok, I went and paid rent, went to the post office, I went to the bank (To deposit the $1.85 check I got and I have no idea why?), I paid my bills, I picked up my Rx's and filled my pill case for a two week supply.

Unfortunately, I think I'm getting sick. I got a very good nights sleep last night and yet I'm exhausted and feeling like something is coming on. I hope I can last for the entire day today.

Bring it on JM, make her look silly and evasive! :great:

take care of yourself....

You probably intended to post "fateful day".

After the Pinellas County Twelve, I have to agree with your contention that some juries require corpus delicti, motive, opportunity, hand-holding, dot-connecting, confessions, DNA, pictures, digital images, letters, text messages, audio and video recordings and the like.

IMO, without most of these elements, it will become increasingly difficult to obtain convictions in capital cases. Blame it on technology and on a post-moral society which moves the right/wrong goalposts on a whim.

Still MO, of course, but there are many lazy jurors who will avoid confrontation by going along to get along, unwilling to hold themselves accountable or to be held accountable. So how could they possibly hold anyone else accountable, especially when the accused didn't personally wrong the jury?

ah yes, I meant fateful!

And I agee. So beautifully put, too.

It is very hard for a Defendant to get a Jury to believe Abuse claims in a murder trial when there is no corroborating evidence.

In other Trials of murder of a spouse for example, you often see photos of her battered and swollen black eyes. Sisters and friends coming forward they got 2am calls of her needing help and they take her in, or try to get her to leave him.

Or they may indicate they always thought he was abusive as they were around him at Holidays and events and he was aggressive and rude, and demeaning and she was a delicate flower, afraid to talk.

Um, again, not present in this claim.

:worms:It is excruciating to watch Juan going over everything again and again, and ask "Right?" at the end of every statement he makes. Yes, I agree, it is terrible that Jodi Arias killed Travis. We know this. Is there good and bad in every person? It doesn't seem so. It seems to me that there are truly some individuals who are so self-serving that there is no redemption. It also seems to me that this defendant is a true pro at self-preservation. I am more interested in what has made her this way....I realize my view will be unpopular, but someone like me may be sitting on that jury, and under this excruciating testimony, personally, I want it to stop. If you have ever been in the box, being hammered by an attorney, you feel a spot of something akin to "PLEASE MAKE THIS STOP!" She's guilty, we know it....let's end it. I think it is somehow merciful for murderers to take their own lives when all is said and done, because it spares us this agony. I understand the need for interrogation, but it's not fun, I don't see how anyone can think she is enjoying this endless recitation. I am afraid that the more Juan goes on and on, asking about each individual statement, he is illiciting the sympathy of a juror. In fact, as this continues, it appears that she grows stronger in the stand, she is NOT breaking under the pressure....(but I am.)
Anybody out there understand me? :worms:

I respectfully disagree, but understand what you are saying.
The longer she is on the stand the more scarier she is, to me anyway.
I am starting to see that she will never break.
IMO that is very bad for her.
It shows she is the most dangerous kind of criminal there is!
She is the kind of sick twisted criminal who keeps calm during her kill, not only that she is the type to stand back with a smile & admire her handiwork.
She is showing herself to be a danger to not only the public, but to the inmates as well.
This is just IMO, but this is what my eyes & ears are telling me.

Hmmmm, I wonder if she will ask for cinnabons & strawberry drink for her last supper?

:worms:It is excruciating to watch Juan going over everything again and again, and ask "Right?" at the end of every statement he makes. Yes, I agree, it is terrible that Jodi Arias killed Travis. We know this. Is there good and bad in every person? It doesn't seem so. It seems to me that there are truly some individuals who are so self-serving that there is no redemption. It also seems to me that this defendant is a true pro at self-preservation. I am more interested in what has made her this way....I realize my view will be unpopular, but someone like me may be sitting on that jury, and under this excruciating testimony, personally, I want it to stop. If you have ever been in the box, being hammered by an attorney, you feel a spot of something akin to "PLEASE MAKE THIS STOP!" She's guilty, we know it....let's end it. I think it is somehow merciful for murderers to take their own lives when all is said and done, because it spares us this agony. I understand the need for interrogation, but it's not fun, I don't see how anyone can think she is enjoying this endless recitation. I am afraid that the more Juan goes on and on, asking about each individual statement, he is illiciting the sympathy of a juror. In fact, as this continues, it appears that she grows stronger in the stand, she is NOT breaking under the pressure....(but I am.)
Anybody out there understand me? :worms:

Thank you Laces, I feel the same thing. The way the prosecutor is treating Jodi makes me uncomfortable. It's all emotional and I want cold logic.

One of the brilliant posters on here remarked that JA always uses "2" when she testifies. I started listening for this, and it is so true. Thank you to whoever brought this up. I am able to listen and understand so many things better through all the educating posts here.

What's shocking to this grandmas is that I keep hearing stuff that I have to google to find out what in the world that means....and I thought I was pretty 'with it'. And, to add insult to injury, I've been trying to google 'jazz'... I'm beginning to think we need a thread "For old people to ask questions about stuff so regular threads won't know they don't know!"

It's not spelled that way and I can't help you with the correct spelling. It's slang for male ejaculate. :fence:

One of the brilliant posters on here remarked that JA always uses "2" when she testifies. I started listening for this, and it is so true. Thank you to whoever brought this up. I am able to listen and understand so many things better through all the educating posts here.

That's how I knew she was lying in her 48 Hours Interviewed they played. She said Travis got her "a" Cinnabun and that she would buy "a" Cinnabun.

we all know she would have purchased 2 at a time... :floorlaugh:

Can everyone please get past this lunch issue? This is nothing more than a smokescreen by the defense. Of course we all need food for sustenance. But this defense team has known since day once that she gets a morning and evening meal. Why didn't they address this with the judge on the first day of trial? No. They wait until Martinez wants to introduce some damning evidence.

And the TH and bleeding hearts who feel sorry for her, she slaughtered a man! And there has been no self defense proven. One day, no matter how long they drag this out, she is going to be convicted. Count on it.

Not sure if I mentioned it here - but in order for her to not make it through the day, she would have a health problem. As someone with diabetes, I need to eat every 3-4 hours to keep my levels in check. If I ate at 3 AM and again at 6 PM, I'd probably end up in a coma, or dead.

Now for a perfectly healthy person, I suppose you could get away with 3 AM and 6 PM feedings -- though I think it's innapropriate.

Yes, she admitted to killing him. I understand that. But she's still innocent until proven guilty and sentenced by a court of law. Of course I think she's guilty......BUT does that mean the State/Sherrif can withold feedings? Even terrorists get 3 meals and a cot.

I'm not a bleeding heart - but I do find it inappropriate. Even felon Anthony was thrown a bologna sandwich at lunch.

In short, I have no problem with her having lunch. If it's gonna make her mind not scramble - have at it.

Just my opinion - not meant to offend anyone.

Mel

Why should he move on after only cross examining her for two days? I really dont understand the rush when Nurmi had Jodi on the stand on direct for 8-9 days.:waitasec:

Thank you. Is the prosecutor supposed to walk on eggshells with this murdering, lying witch or what???
It's not every day a prosecutor gets to question someone like this. He has a LOT of ground to cover before he's done and it's his duty to the state of Arizona to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madgirl83