jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 12TH DAY #58 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't doubt JM; I doubt the jury, who, according to tweets, were bored yesterday. Bored people generally tune out. No matter how brilliant Martinez is being in questioning Jodi, if the 12 people who matter are tuning out, there is a problem.

The jury should pay attention, but if they aren't, the prosecutor or any lawyer facing a jury, needs to bring forth the information in a more engaging way. It shouldn't be like that, but I think it is and a lawyer can either adapt or lose the jury.

The last couple of days of direct, the jury were becoming restless and there were reports from fellow sleuthers that the jury was bored, which, IMO, meant they were starting to tune out. Nurmi didn't recover, thank God. But if the same is happening during cross, I want Martinez to recover.

Mr Martinez is brilliant and I would never, ever tell him how to do his job, just like I'd never tell Nora Roberts how to write a book; she could write it technically perfect, but if she were boring her readers, I'd say so and that would be her problem to fix. If and I stress *if* the jury is tuning out, it's a problem Martinez needs to fix.

Just IMO

We don't know what they're thinking, really. Were they bored during nurmi's endless direct examination? I'm sure it's just boring to sit there all day but that's the job.

Remember the juror in Scott peterson's case, "strawberry shortcake", who everyone was worried about? She ended up being one of the most vocal about how guilty he was. It's not possible to know for sure so why try?

At any rate, I sure don't think all this fear about the jury means that he should change anything. He's not spending time on anything that's not important, at least I don't think he is.

Wow...is the officer sitting very close today or am I seeing things?

is the sound good on the cnn link? if so, will someone post it?

I'm slightly amused when I read or hear that JM should do this or that and the jury is thinking/feeling this or that.....this is not JM's first trial. And, nobody knows what the jury feels or thinks.

Hi Guys! I am back home safe and will need some time to process my time in Arizona (got home to Long Beach pretty late last night), and cannot find my notebook from the trial! I am devastated but am hoping it will turn up at my friends where I stayed or another spot I think I may have left it.

I have so much to share but will wait to the lunch break to post on the 'inside the courtroom' thread. Looking forward to this mornings testimony. I hope she doesn't still have her "migraine". I sat directly behind Jodi's mom yesterday during the afternoon session thanks to PASA's sweet husband- Thank you PASA!

Justice for Travis- soon- pretty please Lady Justice?

SHE is practically in the fetal position

Oh good, Judge ordered her to get up there NOW

Is it just me or does she look like she chopped of some hair?

I have a question while we are waiting. I am pretty late to following this trial but I thought I heard them talking the other day about her license plate being upside down after she left California in June, 2008. Something about seeing kids playing around her car and thinking they were playing a joke on her. Then I was reading some of the threads about earlier in the trial and they were talking about her license plate being upside down not long after she met Travis. When did that happen and why would it be relevant if it happened a long time ago?

She was implying that the skater punks she saw in the parking lot of the SBux ( I think) were the ones that flipped her plates upside down. :waitasec:

She's recycling clothing. Green button down top again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966