jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 12TH DAY #60 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rewatching the last while of today's testimony. I :floorlaugh: when Juan was questioning Jodi about the rope cutting, "This wasn't a case where he was going to hog tie you was it?". I love Juan! Atta boy, I think he is the main reason why I'm watching this case.

I don't get why someone would measure a rope that way; from the bedroom to the bathroom. Wouldn't one just lie on the bed and the other person measure that way? I'm speaking from no experience btw, :what: just using my common sense which Jodi seems to be lacking. I now understand the whole rope thing; she's trying to explain where the fibers came from found in the bathroom and on the stairs. Excuse = rope. If no rope, where did those pieces come from? I saw the day of trial where Juan suggested the throw pillow on the over sized chair in TA's bedroom.

Can someone please explain the significance to the whole rope/fibers theory? What are the fibers so important? TIA :seeya:
I have always approximate-measured rope, cord, fabric etc. by touching one end to my nose and then extending my other arm. That's about a yard. Repeat. Of course, that doesn't put the knife in the bathroom, though.

wonder if the DVD player was a gift to DB's son - I think that is a really good clue . . . . .she made a point of going over to see the child before school started. could this be a swap? . . . a dvd player for a couple of gas cans?

She just ended up with the remote? . . . that is pretty random . . . why would she take possession of the remote and during what time period? While eating breakfast? . . . .

if she is only there about 30 minutes . . . . for breakfast and to get the gas cans . . . .

I think the remote was inside the car and she found it when she started to drive away - or maybe got a call from DB asking where it was? Wasn't her phone still one while she was in that area? IIRC - phone didn't get turned off until heading to Mesa instead of Utah - but I could be wrong

i think we're onto something here. and thanks to the poster who said it first too.

it makes sense to me. and it explains why DB was so reluctant to talk about this whole area. i found that odd at the time but maybe now we know why.

I've never heard a prosecutor say the things Juan has said during this trial. The naughty parts, expletives, "for realz", .... Yet all so composed.

How did he so eloquently describe a brazilian today? I can't recall but he made it sound so sophisticated.

cosmetic procedure.. i think

hello Alix!! :welcome: :greetings:

totally agree, j.a. was no abused, scared, self-defending victim... in fact, i think some of us think that she was the abuser, and Travis was the victim.. blackmail, emotional abuse, sleep deprivation.. she seemed to use all of those things, as well as a steady supply of sex, to control him.

I agree completely. She does not exhibit any real signs of being a victim of abuse, quite the opposite actually. Her lack of understanding of the dynamics of an abusive relationship is shocking to me though considering she is using this as her defense.

Hello everyone,

I've been an observer for a while, and recently decided to officially join. I just want to say you guys are all great, and I love reading what you have to say. Anyhow, I am currently a student, and my practicum work is with the domestic violence victim services unit in my city. I am by no means an expert on domestic violence but, I am often exposed to survivors, as well as the offenders. Initially, when I heard of this trial I felt bad for Jodi, I believed her to be a victim of abuse. One of the many things that changed my mind is the way she constantly says that she did things for Travis' EGO, to make him feel better as opposed to her doing things out of fear and in order to avoid a confrontation which would lead to abuse. I do believe her abuse theory to be a fabrication, very strongly because of this. Does anyone else pick up on this? What are your thoughts? Do any of you believe she was abused?

Hello Alix and welcome to WS! :seeya:

I have researched DV extensively and I agree with you . . . there is no credible evidence of DV that has come to light and JA continually minimizes the "abuse" or is exposed to be fabricating . . . .

he grabbed my wrist, he squeezed me, he yelled @ me . . . .

yet she says she always had free will and always returned (or initiated contact) and that contact was mutual.

She stayed in the house despite her "extreme fear" for her life? . . . .she had the means and the mode of transportation to get out of the relationship - she stalked him - she could have moved and left no forwarding address . . . no more phone calls, no more texts, no more phone sex, no more payments, no more borrowing, no more contact . . . . she didn't leave him alone.

This is not congruent with other DV victims who are powerless to their abuser . . . .she was not powerless, she was not unable to keep herself safe, she had complete and total power and control over her own thoughts and actions.

I have never met a DV victim who had those luxuries!

Hello everyone,

I've been an observer for a while, and recently decided to officially join. I just want to say you guys are all great, and I love reading what you have to say. Anyhow, I am currently a student, and my practicum work is with the domestic violence victim services unit in my city. I am by no means an expert on domestic violence but, I am often exposed to survivors, as well as the offenders. Initially, when I heard of this trial I felt bad for Jodi, I believed her to be a victim of abuse. One of the many things that changed my mind is the way she constantly says that she did things for Travis' EGO, to make him feel better as opposed to her doing things out of fear and in order to avoid a confrontation which would lead to abuse. I do believe her abuse theory to be a fabrication, very strongly because of this. Does anyone else pick up on this? What are your thoughts? Do any of you believe she was abused?

Excellent points Alix! Welcome :D Jodi does not have the personality of an abused woman. She's to arrogant, head strong, and too "correct" to put up with being abused. She didn't put up with being grounded by her parents at 17 or 18 living at home so she moved out. So many things point her being the abuser not the abusee. Like during the trial, she's mentally abusing Juan, the jurors and everyone following this case. She obviously suffers from BS syndrome not batter woman syndrome. JMHO. Good luck in your studies and success in your career. :seeya:

I've never heard a prosecutor say the things Juan has said during this trial. The naughty parts, expletives, "for realz", .... Yet all so composed.

How did he so eloquently describe a brazilian today? I can't recall but he made it sound so sophisticated.

Wow I do need to go back and see the am' testimony. ;)

The scale is wrong....imo. The baseboards are unusually short in that house - more like 2" rather than 4". I think that's the body......JMO :moo:

but..... the angle is wrong - the camera is about 2ft off the ground.

Is this the picture that shows her pants and foot? If not, where can I find the picture you are talking about? I HATE to miss something.. thanks!!!

I agree completely. She does not exhibit any real signs of being a victim of abuse, quite the opposite actually. Her lack of understanding of the dynamics of an abusive relationship is shocking to me though considering she is using this as her defense.

I tell you what would be a (chilling) fascinating study is about Narcissists and sociopaths who are actually abusers and use their sophisticated manipulative "powers" to twist it via the courts in a myriad of ways to make it appear they are the abused.

I believe family court would be a fertile resource for all kinds of these cases.

Ya know, for someone other than me to do. To expose this kind of thing, like we are seeing right here in this trial.

Talking about sex seems like a high to her. She perks up and smiles alot.

I think JA probably looks at herself as an expert on all things sexual, and enjoys flaunting her knowledge, lol. I so hope the jury can see this, it sure wasn't Travis that was teaching her.

"I think it was the morning of the third because we had stopped in Santa Cruz first"

"It was past midnight, I think, but the time we got to Monterrey"

Met McCartney in Santa Cruz on the 2nd - so who was with her from Redding to Santa Cruz? Her sister? And did Matt go with her from Santa Cruz to Monterrey?

so what does martinez do about that? leave it hanging out there or ask her who's 'we'?

My first post on this thread... Just been reading.

However all of this "we" talk go me to thinking... Don't know if I believe it or not but I am throwing it out there...

JM keeps asking if MM was with her at DB's. he has asked her that several times. many of her purchases where for 2 of the same items (food, sunscreen). Could she drove her car and mm drove rental or vice versa?

JM keeps asking her are you sure MM would never betray you? He talks about him a bit and then right when you think he is getting to something good, he leaves the subject of MM.

Also Jodi's story 2.0 was that there was a man and a woman...

For arguments sake, lets say MM turned state witness and they offered him immunity/ reduced sentence for his testimony against her. I assume that would be part of discovery and would have to be turned over to defense?

she seems to be going down a check list of abusive relationship markers and key phrases then applies them to Travis, but she's not able to properly display the feelings that go along with actual abuse - like legitimate fear, anger, sadness.. 'cause she didn't ever really experience them.

like the saying goes, j.a. "knows the words but not the music"..

YES, unfortunately it can ;( especially if the aggressor goes batchit crazy with a knife and the victim cannot fight back..
The area of this bathroom is not as large as it seems as well using the Experts 'take on the event' and if you time it out given the blood evidence it certainly could have been committed in those few minutes.. the attempted clean up definitely took longer..
Also, the gun shot sound wouldn't have been noticed with that small caliber gun inside a home and JA knew no one was home to hear it.. DT and JA using this to discredit the ME findings against Det Flores commenting his opinion as Most people would believe that shooting Travis first would somewhat incapacitate him for JA to take control..
If anyone can explain another way this went down to make it believable, I am all ears urr eyes! ;)

MOO

Firstly, it is amazing - herculean what this psycho accomplished in less than 2 minutes, and secondly - the continual deathly evil she has spewed towards TA's family (Iris bouquet, peo claims, etc). and what ***** she is throwing during this trial.

She had to have a "drop dead" time (sorry for pun but I am a project manager - common phrase) of when she knew she had to start this execution by to: (1) allow for murder (2) allow for some cleanup (3) get out of dodge before his roommate who returned home daily around 6pm....

Hello Alix and welcome to WS! :seeya:

I have researched DV extensively and I agree with you . . . there is no credible evidence of DV that has come to light and JA continually minimizes the "abuse" or is exposed to be fabricating . . . .

he grabbed my wrist, he squeezed me, he yelled @ me . . . .

yet she says she always had free will and always returned (or initiated contact) and that contact was mutual.

She stayed in the house despite her "extreme fear" for her life? . . . .she had the means and the mode of transportation to get out of the relationship - she stalked him - she could have moved and left no forwarding address . . . no more phone calls, no more texts, no more phone sex, no more payments, no more borrowing, no more contact . . . . she didn't leave him alone.

This is not congruent with other DV victims who are powerless to their abuser . . . .she was not powerless, she was not unable to keep herself safe, she had complete and total power and control over her own thoughts and actions.

I have never met a DV victim who had those luxuries!

I honestly feel like what she describes as abusive behavior towards herself was in part the abuse she was actually committing. I think Jodi was hard to "say no to", I think she was the more sexually aggressive one, etc. Just because of her lack of understanding, and experience it seems in a situation where she is the one being abused. I'm not sure if I am explaining this well, but I hope you know what I mean.

and when she said the "we"....she said it in a way as for daring Juan to ask her about it...so she could say...."I already told you I was with MM and his roommate".....but he didn't...smart man that Juan is.....

You're right. She was trying to bait him. Juan was too smart to take it, LOL.

Good explanation for the possible order of wounds. But could all of that occurred in the 2 minutes from 5:30 to 5:32?

Hope you don't mind but I want to jump in and add my :twocents: May stray a bit off what you were talking about but anyhow...

There are so many holes in her story I don't believe any of it. It was premeditated so the details in the bedroom all fall on her no matter what (IMO), however... (It makes me twisted up inside thinking about this) ---take a moment to envision how long it takes to inflict those 29 stab wounds. Even if they were rapid, we've seen they are deep. It had to take a good deal of strength and energy each time. We know he moved around and was desperately trying to get away from 9 stabs to the back and the rest to the front. Even if this part of the murder was frenzied which I imagine it was, that still takes up a good portion of the two minutes.

There's no way in heck she had to run to get either weapon. They were both there within reach, within her site. She didn't have to waste a moment locating them. The entire 2 minutes were spent brutalizing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member