jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 14TH DAY #68*may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
TA "using" JA or not still doesn't supply justification for his murder. That's the salient issue. We don't have to like TA, we don't have to believe he's a good guy (even though JA said he was...she said he was wonderful), we can all pretend he's a sleazy womanizing player and yet...

That still doesn't provide legal justification for what JA did to him. Remember SHE drove 1200 miles to see him. SHE served herself up on a platter. SHE brought a gun and a knife. SHE committed the crime. SHE tried very hard to cover it up.

At the end of the day when you look at the facts of the killing you still have to determine if JA had a reasonable fear for her life and if she used reasonable force to save her life. She admitted on the stand she could have run out the door and down the stairs and "doesn't know why she didn't." That nailed her right there. She could have gotten away!

She didn't have any reason to fear for her life and she sure didn't use 'reasonable' force. She butchered him. That's anger, not self-defense. And, she premeditated the murder because within the first couple of stab wounds she knew if she kept going she would kill him and she intended to kill him.

And that makes her guilty of first degree murder.

Then why question the compassion of the survivors that have spoken out on the premise they disbelieve a proven liar?

Emotions should never outweigh logic when one is seeking the truth.

MOO

And it's ignoring that Travis was the victim of domestic abuse. He's dead because of the same sort of controlling, obsessive, self-centered murderous behavior that kills so many women all over the world via domestic abuse.

I don't think the victim of abuse can be a stalker at the same time, can they? JA strikes me as a domestic(ly) abusive ex who turns stalker-killer. It's not a new story at all, and I hate that the gender thing seems to get in the way of seeing that for too many people :(

How did it go today? What were the key moments or key things to know that happened with jurors or with the testimony or with media weighing in? TIA to anyone who can answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jodi lives in a world of darkness of her own creation. She is having a pity party because know one likes her - everybody hates her - we can only hope she eats worms. She wants to end it all because it's through no fault of her own.....

What does it mean, she's bright, intelligent, blah, blah, blah? It serves of no purpose as she lacks common sense.

Why do you think she has no common sense?

I am simply responding to someone who made ugly remarks about Arias' intelligence....
I find her bright. That is my own opinion. Please do not attack it. I am not attacking you for thinking she is not smart.
It does serve a purpose to know if we think she is intelligent....it goes to state of mind and manner.

So, let me see....because I disagree with some of your thoughts about the case, I am now being welcomed to leave and go elsewhere?

It sure seems to be the sentiment here, and I am sorry. I totally feel ya, though. I just gave up.

We have been told that ALL opinions are welcome, but in actuality, it is SOOOO not the case. :truce:

A person who has been abused must let go of anger towards themselves and others or they cannot heal properly.

She did lie. She admits it. She killed him. She admits it.

It IS emotions that are ruling the majority of posters here. Look at the terrible attacks that are being spoken? Logic would never allow that to happen.

this was her fourth version of events.

she never admitted it police

the way the world found out she was going to cop up to the forensics was a brief filed by her atty threatening to drive the bus over everyone that Travis knew and loved if the state did not accept a second degree deal with second degree sentencing.

she has admitted on the stand that she made her story fit the forensics.

I'm welcoming you with open arms!

Welcome!

Hugs!!!

I'm interested... You could be that one juror we are all worried about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YES! Painful as it is to hear when you are emotionally invested in a case, it does NO ONE any good to make fun of, denigrate or refuse to hear another point of view. We all represent Jodi's peers and potential mirrors of the jury.

As time has gone on, I can see (but do not agree) how the jury could say they were not convinced how Caylee died. There were not enough "lesser included" charges to get some kind of conviction. I believe this trial is much different and really think JM will get a conviction!

Manslaughter were included in the charges in KC's trial. Can't get much "lesser" than that.

Even Travis' friends admit that he knew she wanted more than he did out of th relationship yet he continued to see her for sex. They've described it as stringing her along and using her. They admit it was wrong and really stupid on his part.

Jodi was in love, completely obsessed and acting crazy. To continue having sex with a person like that is a really poor choice. He sent that email to her calling her a sociopath and describing her ruining his life, and a week later, right before she kills him, he has sex with her again?

None of this justifies what she did. I just don't feel the need to worship Travis and call him a saint.

BBM

And how do we know that was what happened that night? The only witness to that is Jodi the prolific liar.

I think she is lying about that, JMO.

A person who has been abused must let go of anger towards themselves and others or they cannot heal properly.

She did lie. She admits it. She killed him. She admits it.

It IS emotions that are ruling the majority of posters here. Look at the terrible attacks that are being spoken? Logic would never allow that to happen.
Yes, I'm emotional...I get very emotional when I think of the pictures taken of his body, showing the cruel, vicious and torturous way she killed him. Have you seen those photos? This was not a sudden act of passion on her part. I believe she planned his murder for weeks and there is a lot of evidence that shows premeditation.

She scares me. Once I saw the photos and especially the one of him, deceased, in the shower, when he was found, I became afraid. And I don't scare easily. If she ever gets out, I want her microchipped and tracked on a website "Where In The World Is JA?". No joke. If she's within 500 miles of me, I want to know.

I'm not so sure that guy Ryan wasn't next.

Jodi was/is insecure (as many of us are to a certain degree) but she needed to belong. She needed to fit in with the crowd. She also apparently needed a sex partner at all times. Seems she was hardly ever without a nearby penis.

But I think she became very infatuated with Travis. Saw he was going places and was quite successful for his age. This made HER feel important. This was all about her.
She's not the type to give without seeing what's in it for her. She gives with the anticipation of receiving. She is the antithesis of someone who can love unconditionally. She demands and commands conditions.

So with Travis out of the picture (but still a friend with benefits) I believe she set her talons out for Ryan. I understand he was the next 'rising star' in this (pyramid scheme) business and echoed many of Travis' attributes for he was a Mormon as well. I think a virgin too.

I think if Jodi didn't get caught (I hate when people say she confessed) she might've killed again. Perhaps once the pleasure of killing someone is engrained in the mind of the demented....nothing less will do when acting out rage.

She is a murderer and needs to meet her maker very soon.

i know!!! and then for it to conveniently turn up over the weekend just in time for her rehabilitation....

if anyone believes what's going on they are gullible. no offense to anyone here who believes it.

Misty, I love the principal of Occam's razor...it's something I refer to all the time.

Even Travis' friends admit that he knew she wanted more than he did out of th relationship yet he continued to see her for sex. They've described it as stringing her along and using her. They admit it was wrong and really stupid on his part.

Jodi was in love, completely obsessed and acting crazy. To continue having sex with a person like that is a really poor choice. He sent that email to her calling her a sociopath and describing her ruining his life, and a week later, right before she kills him, he has sex with her again?

None of this justifies what she did. I just don't feel the need to worship Travis and call him a saint.

I have seen no proof that he had sex with her on June 4th other than what JA has stated. In fact it was Det Flores who told her that he believed they were having sex prior to the murder that probably planted that seed in her head based on his viewing of those photos. There are no "sex" photos or videotape and no proof that anyone other that JA was taking those pictures that day.

MOO

ETA: Her own description of what they were doing that day with the rope and all would have taken longer than the 15 minutes alloted for those sex acts.

YES! Painful as it is to hear when you are emotionally invested in a case, it does NO ONE any good to make fun of, denigrate or refuse to hear another point of view. We all represent Jodi's peers and potential mirrors of the jury.

(er, I mean 'peers' in the trial by jury of your peers sense lol)

Why do you think she has no common sense?

I am simply responding to someone who made ugly remarks about Arias' intelligence....
I find her bright. That is my own opinion. Please do not attack it. I am not attacking you for thinking she is not smart.
It does serve a purpose to know if we think she is intelligent....it goes to state of mind and manner.

I agree with you that hs is very bright. I think she is very intelligent, but twisted. JMO

Um...she wasn't in love. Not even close. She leaches on to men and uses THEM. Rewatch DB's testimony for instance. Her only love is for herself. She has thrown her family, friends, and former lovers under the bus. Really? She does not know how to love!
They used each other, which is the point. And no one here has ever called him a saint. Yeesh. He was flawed...like all of us. Does that mean he deserved to die? Lord if poor choices were a reason for killing someone then thank goodness I am not dead yet. And thank goodness that there aren't more friends with benefits murders out there...stuff like this goes on every day with consenting adults. What they did is no different then what many many people do daily.

We feel for victims here...HE is a victim. You don't have to like someone to realize that they did not deserve what they got...there are several here who don't feel they would have liked him as a person in real life had he lived and they had gotten a chance to know him. that's ok. What is not ok is blaming him and ONLY him.

I have been searching everywhere trying to find officer friedman's testimony on youtubem to see what he testified about regarding the burglary of Jodi's grandparent's house. I can't find it anywhere and finally decided to register on ws just so I could ask all of you. Can anyone direct me to a link?

Thanks!

welcome fred_! :cheer:

it is in the timeline thread (located in stickies). once you are in that thread click on search the thread and type in the word(s) you are looking for

I hope on Juan's cross of the rebutal that the gun issue can be brought up again as there are a lot of things he should be asking about the gun I will post here even though i'm not sure I'm on the right thread but I can't find anywhere else to post this.I'm a newbi to web sleuths so forgive me if i'm in the wrong place.

JODI ARIAS AND THE 25 CAL SEMI AUTO HANDGUN TIME FRAME

If Jodi Arias knew Travis owned a 25 cal semi auto handgun and as she says it was on a high shelf in his walk in closet, in her haste to retrieve this handgun as Travis was supposedly chasing her (how would she have known the handgun was loaded) and ready to fire.

How would she know if the safety would be in the off position even if the gun had a live round in the chamber? She stated to detective Florez that she knew absolutely nothing about guns.
If the gun never had a round in the chamber already she would have to have pulled the slider back in order to chamber a round. There would also be the possibility that the clip never had rounds in it at all so there would be no possibility of loading the gun.

Holding a small 25 cal semi auto with two hands doesn’t make sense either as these guns are so small even holding the gun in one hand is a bit of a trick.
If Travis had a hand gun such as this it is unlikely that he would have kept a live round in the chamber as this can be quite dangerous in that the next time he would be handling it there would be a chance of it firing accidently especially if the safety was in the off position.

In order to have the gun fire there would have to be a live round in the chamber already and if the safety was on it would have to be put into the off position before the gun could be fired.
If a person was not familiar with a semi auto hand gun how would they know any of these factors let alone be able to do any one of the loading sequences or knowing where the safety button or lever would be on the gun.
Jodi Arias could not have possibly retrieved a gun from a high up shelf, loaded the gun, or put the safety to off position, and ran from the closet into the center of the bathroom and fired in the time frame she supposedly had. All this from someone who said they knew absolutely nothing about guns.
I believe the gun sequence its self would prove her whole story was a total lie and prove premeditation with out a doubt and that she brought the gun with her.

If the grandparents or Jodie’s parents had a box of 25 cal semi auto shells and the casings that were found at the Travis Alexandra home were the same make might make it more plausible the handgun that was stolen from the grandparents home was the same one that was used to kill Travis.
The 25 cal semi auto hand gun is known as a vest pocket gun because of the small size. They look like a toy gun when most people see them in real life.

25 Automatic-This cartridge is probably the weakest of all handgun calibers (.22 long rifles have more power, believe me). I have no idea what the designer of this cartridge was thinking. It is only lethal if it hits a vital area (Exert taken from a gun owner’s magazine)
In the non-fictional world, a .25 is known as the weapon of choice of light-weight women and pimps, primarily because it can easily fit in a handbag for the women, and a shoe or sock for the pimps. It is not carried by anyone who is actually ready and willing to use a gun, and knows anything about them. Real world use for a .25: plinking cans off of fence posts from six feet away, or, with blanks, starting a foot race.

The .25 ACP is extremely underpowered, and should be rated as an expert's tool, not a gun for a novice
Picture below is actual size of 25 cal semi auto hand gun-they are all pretty much this size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV