jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 14TH DAY #68*may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't she allege she cut her hand on a glass while getting a drink of water in the night? And she chose a margarita glass for that? Absurd.

Oh, didn't ya know, it had to be a margarita glass - that was to explain Ryan's confusion in thinking she said she cut her finger at Margaritaville!

Didn't she allege she cut her hand on a glass while getting a drink of water in the night? And she chose a margarita glass for that? Absurd.
I think those are two different stories. She has apparently cut herself a few dozen times around the time of the murder.

Funny how we will all remember this case long after Jodi is gone....
My husband and I went to eat in Louisville yesterday and passed a Starbucks on the way home. He asked if I wanted to stop for a strawberry frappe?
I just about lost my lunch.

When I was making out my grocery list, DH reminded me not to forget the KY. He said it with that dry sense of humor he has, and it had me giggling for minutes.

I guess maybe I’m slow.

So are we to believe that the last thing JA heard TA say was “kill you *****” and then she can’t remember anything. So we (and the jury) are to *advertiser censored*-U-ME that during the black out period TA was still alive, got up and tried to kill her, and she stabbed him and slit his throat THEN in self defense????? That the WHOLE SELF DEFENSE ACT happened during the black out time? That the gunshot was an ACCIDENT? That pissed him off and so she then had to slit his throat and stab him???

I guess for some reason I have been thinking they claimed “amnesia” just so she didn’t have to explain that she stabbed him and slit his throat. And that the acts she testified to THUS FAR constituted self defense.

Am I making any sense?

I don't think it works in her favor to keep saying how wonderful Travis was...To get a self defense..she has to stick to a story that he was awful and she feared for her life...give me a break..she keeps telling us how nice he was and if she ever said..stop..he did...good grief..she just needs to shut her mouth...don't think her attorney is helping her one bit...I hope this is all over sooooooonnnnn!! I vote for DP because his family is requesting it ..I hope that KatieCoolady will be able to help the family with their victim impact statement to really address the damage that JA has done to them!!! JA has no concept of the depth of this atrocity!!! JMO

This might have been brought up before (there are just toooo many posts to read every one of them), but LEGALLY speaking (lawyers, please!):

Hypothetically -

1) Let's say I am on the fence about her "self-defense" claim (which I am not, so don't bombard me - I personally don't buy it for a minute), and

2) JA was telling the truth on cross that it was just her "perception" that he was chasing her, although she never saw him, and

3) that she shot him first as she claims, although the gun accidentally going off while he's tackling her is iffy at best,

4) then isn't JA the aggressor, according to her version, since the only thing according to her story he did was throw her on the ground (with one foot in the shower) and she got away without him catching her, and Travis tackling her is HIS self-defense against the gun being pointed at him? How does that become HER self-defense?

Because at the point where she reaches the bedroom door without him near her, according to her claim, she could have turned left and ran out to safety. Doesn't her claim that she ran into the closet instead, allegedly putting her directly in harm's way, negate the self-defense issue?

I'd love to hear our lawyers' take on that....

So far, there is really no evidence of self defense IMO because Jodi doesn't remember what happened when she killed him so she can't tell us what her state of mind was when she killed him.

But assuming somehow that inferential leap can be made - that Jodi was afraid he was going to kill her after she accidentally shot him in the head (despite Jodi having a gun and knife and Travis being naked with a gunshot to the head), it still blows away her self defense claim because she provoked him into whatever actions she had to defend herself from by shooting him in the head.

To artsy1's question: Prosecution has lots of admissions from Jodi's mouth to not only refute self defense, but to establish premeditation, even if we believe her account. Prosecution got her to admit that she had time to make the decision to enter the closet and that she was coherent enough to know there was a gun, and that she could use the gun to "protect" herself. That is plenty of time to decide to escalate the degree of force and intend to use the gun. And recall Juan made the point it took 12 steps after she deliberately made the decision to get the gun to confront him. That is enough time for premeditation. To me that refutes self defense and proves 1st degree on her facts. ALternatively, jurors can discount her ridiculous closet story, and believe she brought her grandfather's gun to kill him. I think it's pretty crafty that Juan uses her hypothetical version of events to prove murder.

Ok IDK what's worse...

Listening to Numbing Nurmi AGAIN REHASHING
HLNs new crap coverage
That my laptop has virus ie locked up
or
I can't get a love stream on my flippin kindle!!!!

If you find out how to get one, let me know!!!

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I missed the last hour before the lunch break. From posts, it seems like Nurmi is just repeating most of the mind-numbing things he said the first time. Did it seem like he could finish today (please, oh please be yes!)?

Vinnie P just gave a demonstration of KN's questioning, it was hilarious!!
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I can't find one single case Kirk Nurmi has tried?

Maybe that is why he can't afford a reasonably professional website or his own email domain (he is an @gmail.com email address whereas JM is @wilmottlaw.com, much more professional but it does cost a little bit of money per month). I have wanted to call the phone number on his website to see where it goes to but I haven't mustered up the courage!
:deal:

Vinnie Politan is so funny mocking how slow Nurmi talks. He is talking in slow-motion.............:floorlaugh:

Casey must be jealous, she came out from under her rock to attend court today. She was tucked in a headlock by Mason. Being the Drama Queen once again.

So far, there is really no evidence of self defense IMO because Jodi doesn't remember what happened when she killed him so she can't tell us what her state of mind was when she killed him.

But assuming somehow that inferential leap can be made - that Jodi was afraid he was going to kill her after she accidentally shot him in the head (despite Jodi having a gun and knife and Travis being naked with a gunshot to the head), it still blows away her self defense claim because she provoked him into whatever actions she had to defend herself from by shooting him in the head.

Not to mention she could have left a shot, bleeding, naked man on the bathroom floor and ran out the door.

This might have been brought up before (there are just toooo many posts to read every one of them), but LEGALLY speaking (lawyers, please!):

Hypothetically -

1) Let's say I am on the fence about her "self-defense" claim (which I am not, so don't bombard me - I personally don't buy it for a minute), and

2) JA was telling the truth on cross that it was just her "perception" that he was chasing her, although she never saw him, and

3) that she shot him first as she claims, although the gun accidentally going off while he's tackling her is iffy at best,

4) then isn't JA the aggressor, according to her version, since the only thing according to her story he did was throw her on the ground (with one foot in the shower) and she got away without him catching her, and Travis tackling her is HIS self-defense against the gun being pointed at him? How does that become HER self-defense?

Because at the point where she reaches the bedroom door without him near her, according to her claim, she could have turned left and ran out to safety. Doesn't her claim that she ran into the closet instead, allegedly putting her directly in harm's way, negate the self-defense issue?

I'd love to hear our lawyers' take on that....

BBM. I'm not a lawyer so I can't answer your questions, but that one statement about JA being the aggressor I certainly agree with. If she had one incident in her life that was legitimately abuse, then I think the DV expert could say she had a flashback. But the worst she's come up with is her mom hitting her with a wooden spoon. I suppose she could argue that she wanted to kill her mom at the time, but she wouldn't look too good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper