jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 14TH DAY #68*may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jodi's finger has been through a lot.
She breaks glasses wherever she goes.
Jodi can look like she has a normal finger, or she can bend it funny.
See the pic of her bloody finger.
It's been sliced and diced, and still she manages to kill a man.

Is that what defense is getting at?

Maybe that is why he can't afford a reasonably professional website or his own email domain (he is an @gmail.com email address whereas JM is @wilmottlaw.com, much more professional but it does cost a little bit of money per month). I have wanted to call the phone number on his website to see where it goes to but I haven't mustered up the courage!
:deal:

Do it!! :floorlaugh: I would but it would cost me a fortune and my accent might give it away :eek:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Shouldn't Jean be outside of a Florida Bankruptcy Court with her bff Mason???

Hey who cuts a finger down near the knuckle anyway .. come on we all know when you cut your finger on a glass it's up the top near the nail somewhere .. EVERY TIME!!

And yes, why lie about her finger when she admits she stabbed him anyway, why not just say it - yeah I probably got the cuts from stabbing Travis.

Over the lies.

OJ Simpson... lol

I think when Juan puts on the rebuttle evidence about the magazines and her attempt to alter witness testimony that in and of itself will convict her. It gives so much credence to her pre-murder snooping, hacking, stalking behavior.

I can't find one single case Kirk Nurmi has tried?

Somebody posted a link a few threads ago. Both were as a public defender. I know he lost at least one, maybe both, but he did the same thing with the unnecessary over the top motions to try to get a ton of exclusions.

Funny how we will all remember this case long after Jodi is gone....
My husband and I went to eat in Louisville yesterday and passed a Starbucks on the way home. He asked if I wanted to stop for a strawberry frappe?
I just about lost my lunch.

I live next door to starbucks! Went in Friday and had one! Lol it wasn't all that!

The next time I hear about that stupid finger it better be when Det. Flores is recalled to the stand during the states rebuttal case.
:banghead:

So far, there is really no evidence of self defense IMO because Jodi doesn't remember what happened when she killed him so she can't tell us what her state of mind was when she killed him.

But assuming somehow that inferential leap can be made - that Jodi was afraid he was going to kill her after she accidentally shot him in the head (despite Jodi having a gun and knife and Travis being naked with a gunshot to the head), it still blows away her self defense claim because she provoked him into whatever actions she had to defend herself from by shooting him in the head.

Surely shooting him in the head (accidentally or not) puts him in the self-defence mode, not her. :banghead:

So far, there is really no evidence of self defense IMO because Jodi doesn't remember what happened when she killed him so she can't tell us what her state of mind was when she killed him.

But assuming somehow that inferential leap can be made - that Jodi was afraid he was going to kill her after she accidentally shot him in the head (despite Jodi having a gun and knife and Travis being naked with a gunshot to the head), it still blows away her self defense claim because she provoked him into whatever actions she had to defend herself from by shooting him in the head.

I agree there is no evidence. My hypothesis is based on her testimony alone. That's why I'm interested in an atty's point of view of whether or not she negated the self-defense claim by putting herself in harm's way allegedly.

How's all the ads on HLN .. you guys have ailments in the states that we haven't even heard of.

This might have been brought up before (there are just toooo many posts to read every one of them), but LEGALLY speaking (lawyers, please!):

Hypothetically -

4) then isn't JA the aggressor, according to her version, since the only thing according to her story he did was throw her on the ground (with one foot in the shower) and she got away without him catching her, and Travis tackling her is HIS self-defense against the gun being pointed at him? How does that become HER self-defense?

Because at the point where she reaches the bedroom door without him near her, according to her claim, she could have turned left and ran out to safety. Doesn't her claim that she ran into the closet instead, allegedly putting her directly in harm's way, negate the self-defense issue?

I'd love to hear our lawyers' take on that....

Well that is what JM was getting at with his line of questioning, but her response was "[she could have gone the other way] if [she] was suicidal." She didn't explain that answer.

I can't even figure out his first name :floorlaugh: I've seen both as Kirk and Kurt. Which is it?

His website is a waste. No information about Nurmi. No credentials. No affiliations. No curriculum vitae.

HLN News and Views ‏@HLNTV
Vinnie: I have 3 big problems with Jodi Arias' story http://bit.ly/XGBgeK

and a piece of that article:

Problem # 3 for me is Arias’ memory gaps. I am not an expert in PTSD or memory, however, I do possess some level of common sense. When a defendant can remember a strawberry frappuccino from six years ago, but can’t remember any of the circumstances that make her look bad or guilty, I am skeptical. Selective amnesia never plays well in a courtroom, especially coming from an admitted killer. Her lack of recall regarding the brutal stab wounds, slit throat, and cover-up speaks volumes to me. If the jury agrees, then Jodi Arias has no chance of acquittal and will end up begging this jury to spare her life.

I had PTSD for many years after I finally left my abuser (ex-husband).

My problem wasnt because I couldnt remember anything. My problem was the opposite and I would have many uncontrolled flashbacks that were as vivid as the day they happened to me.

She is full of bull.

IMO

I have a CRAZY idea...

Since we are forced to listen to all this crap on stand AND HLNs poor coverage with ridiculous THs (Beth Karas excluded)

That... Taxpayers are bank rollin this 50 Shades of Defense AND if found GUILTY w/DP (which better happen) she gets Auto Appeal (who knows how long that'll take) before Justice will be served..

SO...

MAYBE there should be a lottery to "flip the switch" or "push the plunger"!!!!
Let's say $20 an entry to cover trial costs to state AZ any $ over court cost well put it towards national debt & one lucky entry gets to send her to "Better" place for her!!

Listening to Nurmi say penis and vagina is so creepy. Enough, already. Jury has to be so over the sex!

I totally forgot the name of the DT's DV expert witness! Gah! How can I forget. Anyway, can I get an assist? TIA

Maybe that is why he can't afford a reasonably professional website or his own email domain (he is an @gmail.com email address whereas JM is @wilmottlaw.com, much more professional but it does cost a little bit of money per month). I have wanted to call the phone number on his website to see where it goes to but I haven't mustered up the courage!
:deal:

My guess is he has only worked as a Public Defender and was picked as her Public Defender...He put some motion in to w/draw from it as i understand he was opening a Private Practice. So that is why they agreed to pay him the Private Practice rate of $225 / hr. and not the Public Defender Salary of $55,000 / Year... so Public Defender cases just don't pop up on google. Probably all pled out sex offenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marni