jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 14TH DAY #68*may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She let him put tootsie pops in there?? Didn't she ever learn not to put sugary things in there!?! Hello infection!!

Nurmi seems to want to deflect, deflect, deflect as much as possible away from (why are we all here, again? What it this trial for?) Oh, RIGHT... the violent, brutal MURDER (killing :banghead: ) of a healthy, happy (except re JA) young man).

Notice how much Jodi is abusing us. And, we can leave.

Do you think the Jury will notice how much she is abusing them?

and of course Nurmi has to not only play the tape, he plays the GIANT words on the screen and has to READ the words - this is above and beyone anything that should have been allowed - it makes the defense atty sound like a complete sex maniac

Nurmi: So tell us Jodi, exactly how many pumps does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Toostsie Pop?

There been some aspects I haven't enjoyed too! Like once I had a hair stuck in my throat... Was I abused?

A few times hubby accidentally pulled my hair by leaning on it..does that count?

Once I slept on the wet spot! Was I abused?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would be fine with me if Nurmi just continued this line of questioning with his client behind closed jail doors!

I think he is doing this to set up his experts to come in and say poor little Jodi was abused.

Yep Yep and this is not abuse IMO
I'm worried about the older Jurors however.

As a juror, I would be absolutely offended that this clip was being played without context; I would see it as manipulation. On the other hand, since the judge admitted it, it carries more weight, I imagine. She's forcing the focus on something that is a lie standing alone and giving it more credence.

March 4, 2013

Jodi Arias Redirect

Afternoon Testimony

--KN: asking Jodi about when she found TA making out with the girl. You wanted to understand where you stood in this relationship. You said he was still courting you. What do you mean by that? JA: He wanted me to move down there so he paid for me to move down there. He wanted to spend his birthday with me. When I saw him with that girl I thought maybe I should ask if he is dating somebody and find out what the status is. <not verbatim, missed some>.
--KN: so is this the same conversation where he ran and beat his head agains the wall. JA: after that part he got upset. A flash of realization crossed his face.
--KN: When you went to Havisupi you told us about this backpack supposedly full of makeup and you and Travis having a fight. Do you remember? JA: yes KN: and you had told us in prior testimony that there was a fight going on behind closed doors that Daniel Freeman wasn't priivy to right? JA: yes that's correct.
--KN: And this was about Joh nDixon right? JA: Yes, he read about it in my journal.
--JA: drove out to Irvine, hung out with John, traded music files, went to the beach, went to a movie.
--KN: Why was it okay for Travis to make out with another girl but it was not okay for you to hang out with John Dixon? JA: It was because of who the guy was.
--KN: and who the guy was it was because he was not a church member. JA: he was not a church member.
--KN: and this girl he was making out with was her church status ever verified? JA: no Martinez...objection...was he asking about.. Judge: approach please. Sidebar
--KN: This girl that Travis was making out with was it ever asserted, that it's okay she is a church member? JA: no, that was never discussed.
--KN: The issue of your sex life with Travis came about in a lot of different ways in this case. Martinez spoke to you...the idea that before he met you Travis Alexander was a virgin. Martinez objects...says he never asked that. Sidebar.
--KN: remind us again in terms of the sexual behavior you engaged in with Mr. Alexander. What was the first occasion of sexual interaction? JA: the weekend following the convention. KN: Where did this take place? JA: at his friend's house.
--KN were you of the mindset that TA had no sexual experience prior to this encounter? JA: (paraphrased) no
--JA if anything he led me to believe the exact opposite. KN: being what? JA: he had more sexual partners than I had but mine were over a large range of time.
--KN: The second sexual encounter was the oral sex in your car right? JA: that is correct KN: did he lead you to believe that this was not his first rodeo so to speak? Martinez objects...relevance...she already said they had sex. Judge...approach. Sidebar.
--KN: so did he do anything to make you believe that was his first encounter of this nature? JA: yes he flipped the visor down so he could have a visual vantage point.
--KN: you also testified that there was a time when TA preformed oral sex on you..something to the effect of he knew what he was doing. JA: yes
--KN: and without getting too graphic, what gave you that impression. JA: well, he had bragged about it prior to that somewhat and he had studied the female anatomy and it was obvious he knew what he was doing. I have had other intimate relationships and it was obvious he knew what he was doing.
--KN: was there ever a point in time where he compared your sexual skills with those of other women? Martinez objects, beyond the scope. Sidebar Objection is overruled. JA: the answer is yes
--KN: so he did compare your sexual skills
--KN: did he ever compare your anatomy with those of other women? JA: yes, he does on the sex tape
--KN: You brought up the sex tape, that is from May 10, 2008. A lot was brought up there and before we go there I want to talk about...your sexual history.
--KN: One of the issues that came up is your history with anal sex. Do you remember that? jA: yes
--KN: and one of your partners was Bobby Juarex and there was a point in time you were living with him and having sex with him. JA: yes.
--KN: one of the things that came up was that you engaged in anal sex with Bobby Juarez. Was it something you frequently did? JA: it was once or twice.
--KN: and as it relates to Matt M. that would have been your next significant relationship you testified you never had anal sex with MM. Is that correct? JA: that is correct
--KN: and as it related to Daryl Brewer, a 3-4 year relationship, did you ever engage in anal sex with DB? JA: once or twice, I specifically remember one time.
--KN: so DB would have been the partner that directly preceded Mr. Alexander? JA: yes
--KN: So you have these relationships with these men, were these the only men, prior to TA that you had anal intercourse with? jA: yes
--KN: so prior to meeting Travis you would have had anal sex no more than four times. Is that accurate? JA: that is accurate
--KN: when you started engaging in sexual activity with TA, part of that included anal sex right? JA: well not in the beginning. KN: says the first instance of anal sex occurred after you baptism right? and that is not anything you would ask for? JA: I never asked for it. KN: was any lubrication used? JA: no lubrication, he may have spit on his hand.
--KN: was this a painful encounter for you? JA: yes it was painful
--KN: one of the things you talked about is your sex life with Mr. Alexander and you said a comment that you enjoyed it and it was mutual. Do you remember that? JA: yes. Martinez objects...relevance. Sidebar Objection is sustained
--KN: you made comments about your sex life with TA and that you enjoyed it and it was mutual. When you talk about enjoying it was that physically enjoying it? JA: yes KN: all the time? JA: not all the time but sometimes
--KN: there were some instances where you told us it was painful, that painful interaction on the day of your baptism was that enjoyable to you on any level? JA: that particular segment was not enjoyable at all.
--KN: you also mentioned that there were times where it wasn't physically pleasuable, did you get something else out of it? jA: yes I did. it made me feel good to make hm feel good. When I was making him feel good he had all his attention focused on me. I liked the way I felt when his attention was focused on me.
--KN: lets make more sense out of that with one of the encounters. re: porch encounter. was that physically pleasurable for you? jA: I wouldn't say there was any physical pleasure. it was a fantasy we had for over a year and we hadn't been able to fulfull it and it was then possible due to the configuration of the house I lived in.
--KN: comment about feeling like a used piece of toilet paper. The time you were driving home from Erinburg, what was your mindset then? JA: he wasn't very affectionate when we parted, it was kind of just blah and I didn't hear from him... KN reminds her that she testified that she said she felt like a prostitute. JA: I kind of felt that way. KN: but you didn't feel like that during the incident JA: says she felt that way after when she relfected on it.
--KN: the sexual interaction after you broke up was motivated by two things. a) a physical component b) an emotionally satisfying component to you for making him happy. is that right? JA: yes
--KN: was there any other reason to have sexual interactions with him after you broke up. JA: there wasn't any reasons prior to January 21st and the reason was I was under the impression that he felt more satiated and he felt more normal when he had adult interactions if that makes sense. KN: so there was a componenet of assistance in your interactions. JA: I wouldn't say that but I was looking at it that way. (not sure if I got that right).
--KN: text messages...you made the comment in the text that you wanted to have sex with him like a horny little school girl. Do you remember that? JA: yes
--KN: Why would you send a message like that to him? What was the purpose? JA: it was a fantasy of his, it just shows two messages, there's long history of messages and I was driving and he sent me another picture of...you know...
--JA it was more for him, she says just being with him was enough for her.
--KN: so prior to your relationship with TA you never dressed up. JA: no I never dressed up before.
--KN: one of the text messages you sent to him was that you wanted to give him a *advertiser censored*. Why would you send that? JA: it kept things interesting and the only times that was enjoyable was when he was focused on me and when we were in public he wasn't focused on me. it was more pleasant to be loving for lack of a better word.
--KN: it sounds like you engaged in these sexual encounters so that you would get love and affection from TA?
--JA: I wouldn't term it like that...umm...I would just look at it as spending time with him and doing things he liked to do where I received a good reaction and in turn I liked to do those things to for those reasons.
--KN: in those text messages you were shown you also make reference to wanting a facial to his penis being a lollypop...were you doing those along the same lines as keeping things interesting for him? Martinez objects...leading.
--JA: it got more and more graphic, we were just trying to be witty, it was just part of our relationship so that is how we interacted at times.
--KN: and you got positive reinforcement from those text messages as well wouldn't you say? JA: yes
--Nurmi asks to approach
--Judge asks the jury to leave the court room and go to the jury room for about ten minutes.
--Judge tells Nurmi to continue without the presence of the jury.
--Nurmi playing the sex tape again without the jury present. There is a transcript of the tape showing on the overhead screen. Tape sounds like it is edited as it is only Travis' voice we hear. Afterwards the judge asks the lawyers to approach.
--This will be Exhibit 509. Nurmi asks to approach. Sidebar
--Jury is brought in.
--Judge tells the jury that the court admitted Exhibit 509, it is a portion of Exhibit 460. As it is being played you will see words on the screen, it is up to you to determine the accuracy of those words. The exhibit that will go back with you to the jury room will not have the words.
--KN: asking JA about Exhibit 460, and you were asked some questions regarding fantasy and reality, what I want to do now is play some snippets of the tape and if you could watch as we go. JA: okay
--KN plays the edited sex tape for the jury. KN stops the tape and a quote is on the screen. KN asks if that's what she wanted him (TA) to say. JA: I wanted him to say what he wanted to say.
--KN: do you know if this is fantasy or reality? or if you don't know you don't know. JA: I don't know.
--KN: you weren't 12 by the time of this phone call were you? JA: no. KN: fantasy or reality it's kind of gross isn't it?
--Playing more sex tape now. KN stops the tape again. KN: you were asked about his masterbation habits or you inspired them. Did you somehow dictate how often he masturbated? JA: No
--KN asking about the part where Travis talks about raping her. KN asks her if she had fantasies about being raped. JA: not raped, maybe being ravished.
--KN: was that the reality of your sex life prior to moving back to California? (2-3 hour sex sessions). KN:is it accurate that part of the reason for these sessions was for the positive attention? Did you get positive attention during those 2-3 hours? JA: yes I did.
--KN: you were asleep the time he referred to in that call. JA: yes I was sleeping, he took my pants off.
--KN: would it be fair to say you wouldn't have consented to anything because you were sleeping? Martinez objects...leading. sustained.
--KN: so when you were asleep on this chair, did TA say "hey Jodi, can I take your pants off and perform oral sex on you?". Martinez objects numerous times. Overruled.
--KN: Were you flatter by the fact that he wanted to do that to you for that long? Martinez objects...foundation. sustained.
--KN: were you flattered? JA: I was flattered, I was kind of embarassed but I was flattered.
--KN: re: I am going to tie you to a tree and put it in your *advertiser censored*. Is this fantasy or reality. JA: we were kicking around ideas about what we would do. I think it was fantasy.
--JA asked me to find a place where we could do that. I hiked around and found a place on the south end of town. I was trying to find a good time as it was kind of in public. KN: so this might have been one of those fantasies that might have become a reality.

They knew each other very well by this point. If my boyfriend were to pull this "surprise oral" move on me and if I wasn't interested, I could stop it, it wouldn't make it rape.

OMG this poor jury. What other pleasure did you derive from all the sex you've ever had in your life. AAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHH

If she didn't want sex she should have pushed him away or said "no" like most women do who are not in the mood. But now she just wants to say "I did it because I wanted to please him."

Pulease. She is so full of it.

Ok well the way he is presenting it by playing one snippet at a time is not as offensive as simply playing them all together with a transcript. It's still repetitive and unnecessary and will irritate the jury IMO

I agree. I think he's trying to "soften" it and not make it seem so repulsive. And I agree it will definitely piss off the jury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onus