jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 14TH DAY #68*may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does the defense lady go to the judge when she asks them to approach? She does nothing there but stand and watch and smile.

I've wondered myself what her role is in this trial. She seems like window dressing to me (and a stage prop today LoL). I guess she's Nurmi's Cheney Mason. Along for the ride because she's DP qualified.

The reason I have no compassion for her is because I have known people like her. My step father is married to someone like her and her daughter is like her mother and these people scare me. Everyone who has wronged them is an abuser, even though we know it isn't true. They ALWAYS have some sad sap story to create sympathy but after a while you realize it is all bull. The lies upon lies upon lies are not the work of a battered woman, but a sick, sociopathic woman. They suck the life out of those around them then take no responsibility for it. The more I hear the more I realize Travis was the abused one in all this. His friends say he is the one who changed when he met her and not for the better. She sucked the life out of him and then snuffed it just because she thought she could. I mean, he made her angry, right? There is no evidence that he abused her but plenty that she did him, culminating in his death. I am sick of people asking to have compassion for her. Look at the pictures of what she did to him and tell me to feel sorry for her and hate him one more damn time.

That portion of the tape where the comment about the 12 year old girl sounds a lot like the portion that has the word "rape" in it, both sound as though Travis' voice is not like it had been in other parts of the tape, muffled, slurred. Is there any way this recording was altered?

What was the tape they played this afternoon? Where they were showing some of the words up on the big screen. Was that just the May 10 tape again or was it something new?

yes, I believe they are
I do not but I think they are buying this

I can imagine that some people would find Travis' "fantasies" distasteful enough to call him disgusting and a pervert. The thing about sexual fantasies, however, is that, by nature, they tend to be taboo. That's why it's a fantasy versus reality. He never actually had a threesome with Arias, and he never tied her to a tree. And, even if he HAD done it, unless she said she didn't want to do that, and her forced her into it, it's not abuse. That doesn't amount to abuse. You can't claim that someone abused you because they were unable to read your mind and determine that you really didn't want to do something. By her own admission, she went along with it. Not only that, but she presented herself as if she LIKED it. In those calls, we didn't hear, "Yea, I'm not really into that," or "That really turns me off," or "Seriously, I would NEVER do that!" No, it was more like, "here, let me bend over." Next thing we know, Nurmi will be trying to prove she was "dickmitized" and Travis knew it and was exploiting her state of... dickmitization. (If JM can say "masturbatorial conduct," I can say dickmitized. :p) But, let's not give Nurmi any ideas.

::sighs::

Anyway, in the end, I don't know how the fact that he was into dirty sex would sway the jury. It's not a killing offense. :shrug:

OK, sorry....maybe that is so.

I have been used before so I can relate in part...and I hated myself for allowing it and for participating in it. For that, I have compassion.

People here are mercilessly cruel. To say, "Die *****!" is horrible for anyone to say to another human being...especially here at Websleuths. It shouldn't be allowed and I'm horrified. That makes us, in some regard, as no better than those who do these heinous things we see here day in and day out.

I hurt for both families. Its terrible that Travis died as he did. No doubt he used Arias. She let it happen and didn't stop it. Did she kill him out of jealousy? Perhaps. It seems logical. But they had been broken up and she was moving away...so why would she be so jealous at this point? Its very sad all around.

No outcome will fix anything. Alexander cannot come back and Arias will pay with her life...whether alive or dead. I do not think Arias will receive the death penalty....but what do I know...
Its very discouraging to see humanity in this state. I'm more disappointed in the bashing I see here than anything else. After hundreds of posts and countless cases over several years, I have rarely seen such.

It's obvious she was still jealous even after she moved away. She was still in love (well maybe it wasn't love, but she was obsessed) with him and was very upset that he was taking another girl to Cancun. Jodi had moved on physically (to California), but not emotionally. She couldn't have him, but she didn't want anyone to have him either.

She's admitted to killing him, and it's obvious it was not in self defense IMO. She's changed her story 3 times now. Do you believe her newest story? Everything thing she did points to premeditation - from stealing her grandfather's gun, to the gas cans, to turning her cell phone off. And the murder couldn't not have happened the way she said it did. It's impossible. She is still lying IMO. Her tears are fake. Her new word and story can not be trusted. She slaughtered an innocent man, yet she comes away with hardly a wound herself! She's lying about her finger. She slashed him ear to ear, stabbed him 27 (or is it 29) times in under two minutes! You can't heat up a can of soup in the microwave in the time it took to kill him. He had stab wounds on his FEET! He was trying to fend her off! He wasn't going after her.

Yes, he may have used her, but is that the grounds for murder? Seriously?

Different people are smart in different ways. All I'm saying is that:

A. She has excellent vocabulary. (Although, while reading her journal, she can't spell worth a crap.)

B. If she wasn't a shell of empty, murder-filled skin and had finished school, she could have done positive things in the world.

I agree with you Shelby, I think she's pretty bright. Articulate and quick thinking. She committed her crime stupidly but that doesn't mean she's a stupid person.

How did it go today? What were the key moments or key things to know that happened with jurors or with the testimony or with media weighing in? TIA to anyone who can answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the point when I had enough today was when she said that Travis had vaginal sex with her while he was still "asleep". I turned it off at that point. This is getting ridiculous IMO!!

Ha!! Dr Glass took down the post where she called Travis disgusting ... Guess she got the message.

So you are not in favor of allowing posters to state their honest feelings?

What message did you send?

FCA didn't confess nor take the stand.

That is true. JA is her own enemy isn't she? Still. Wouldn't you think the jury in CA's trial could have taken time to go through the evidence? I thought I was over that one, but I am not.

But think about the CA trial. With my whole heart, I believe the prosecution proved CA murdered little Caylee. The jury did not do their job. With my whole heart, I believe the prosecution has proven that JA slaughtered TA. We will wai to see if the jury does its job. I was devastated when CA walked. I lost faith in our justice system and defense attorneys in general. I canno even comprehend how JA could ever walk. We will see.

My fear is that this jury will want concrete, viewable evidence that JA premeditated this killing. The CA jury did not try to connect the dots. I am afraid that that will happen again. I can remember when circumstantial evidence rarely won trials. Then the tide changed and it was sufficient. Now due to our society's fascination with crime dramas, forensics, etc. some juries want a time stamped photo of the murder in progress (well we have that here) for a conviction of even 2nd degree. I worry about the premeditation aspect. I am afraid the jury will want it all handed to them. I pray that common sense is their yardstick. She admitted killing him. But the planning or premeditation aspect worries me.

Jodi kept mentioning how she was "happy" when Travis "paid complete attention" to her. When he didn't, when he tried to live his life, she was not happy anymore & she had to stalk Travis and his dates, and hanging around Travis' home uninvited, and look at Travis' phone, and email and MySpace and it goes on and on.

When Travis decided that paying full attention to Jodi was toxic for his soul, he thought he could ask Jodi to stop bothering him. That was his mistake. Jodi's a soul stealing, tattle-tale telling, gleeful, menacing, all-about-the-anal PSYCHO.

She needs to be destroyed by the State of Arizona.

But think about the CA trial. With my whole heart, I believe the prosecution proved CA murdered little Caylee. The jury did not do their job. With my whole heart, I believe the prosecution has proven that JA slaughtered TA. We will wai to see if the jury does its job. I was devastated when CA walked. I lost faith in our justice system and defense attorneys in general. I canno even comprehend how JA could ever walk. We will see.

Why would I ever compare the CA trial to any other case? The prosecution tried to prove CA murdered Caylee, but in the end, it wasn't proven beyond a reasonable doubt. It doesn't matter what I believe or what anyone else believes. There wasn't proof of what happened and a couple different scenarios were possible.

In THIS case, which I compare to no other case, we have a defendant who admits to killing (after lying about it and creating false stories), we have photographic proof of the crime, we have DNA, hair, handprint evidence proving who committed the crime, we have a defendant's story that makes no sense and shows it wasn't self- defense.

I go with what I see and I don't morph one case into another. What happened in FL in 2011 was an anomaly.

During the Drew Peterson case there was a chorus of doom 'n gloom that the jury would be like the P12 and let him go. It went on for weeks. And that didn't happen.

And THIS case is even stronger!

She is not walking out a free woman.

And with all due respect to the mods, they do an INCREDIBLE job, was my comment about Nurmi's left hand all that bad? I thought it was worth a giggle, and it wasn't vulgar in the least. Far less vulgar than the constant references to "tossing salad" and various kinds of waxes. Just sayin.....

Is it really helpful for her to show the jury evidence of her moods and her darkness? I would think it just adds to the belief that she shot him out of anger more than self defense.

Arias reads "I just wish I could die... i am of little use to the world right now through no fault of my own." bla bla boa ...

"All of my darkness is a result of my own creation..." well DUH.

This is all NEW so Juan gets to recross her on this stuff.

This stuff sounds to me like a MOTIVE for murder.

Yes, and how fortunate she ripped out the pages with the derogatory statements against Travis!

She says she let him read her journal, then reads from her journal, "thank goodness it's private!"

But she's gonna tell the truth on the stand - yeah, right.

Anyone notice how JA often says: "I want, I wanted"... not I wish/ed, hope/ed, I thought... She sounds and comes across like a woman that is imposing her will upon others, controlling much?

Hope the jury is picking up on this.

Also "my goal"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members