jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 14TH DAY #69*may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm reposting this because it was at the end of the last thread. . .

It would be nice if Travis could testify and we could judge how he sounds and looks on the stand giving his testimony. We could decide whether or not he is believable.

Then he could tell us whether or not he was a pedophile, an abusive boyfriend, a serial cheater, etc.

Alas, we cannot. He was murdered by Jodi Arias. Kind of convenient for all her uncontested stories.

Even if someone believes this was a crime of passion, Jodi isn't claiming crime of passion; she's claiming self defense. Stabbing someone over a dozen times, slitting their throat and then shooting them in the face is not self defense. No amount of sexy time talk on the phone, or claims that Travis used Jodi for sex, or alleged abuse, will make it self defense.

IMO

Where is the evidence that Travis pursued her? If she was a domestic violence victim, shouldn't Travis be the one begging her back? Going to see HER at HER home? I mean, this is the oddest case of domestic violence EVER.

Shefner~ Your entitled to your opinion. I worry that someone on the jury will agree with you...I will be upset and devastated beyond belief. Im wondering have you watched the 48 hrs tv show about this case entitled..Picture perfect? If you have not will you watch it? See if your mind changes a bit. It might not but...it might! Let us know your thoughts after. Thanks!!

I have watched it and it does make me pause, Pink Potion. Her demeanor is very disturbing throughout.

My mother and I have both been interested crime for many years. She is in her 60's and I am in my 40's. We both feel the same. Very uncanny.

I find Arias more likable than I thought I would. If I look at this case without anything but what I have seen in the court, I have no doubt that I could not agree to the death penalty.

She offered to plead to 2nd degree for life in prison. Prosecution declined. Not sure that was wise. But heck, what do I know?

Thanks for your kind interest in what I have to say though...even if we disagree about things. I find your respect refreshing...as I am sure other quiet posters who agree with me appreciate also.

Why did Jodi keep going back, calling asking for the 'abuse'? Travis never went to her. Why did she drive much more than 1000 miles out of her way to murder him after he told her he was finished with her?

The defense is just not making any sense to allow for a premeditated murder.

Well a lot of abuse victims find it hard to leave their abusers. But since I don't believe Jodi was abused, I think she kept going back out of her own free will.

Why did Jodi keep going back, calling asking for the 'abuse'? Travis never went to her. Why did she drive much more than 1000 miles out of her way to murder him after he told her he was finished with her?

The defense is just not making any sense to allow for a premeditated murder.

I just asked the same thing. lol.

IMO,
Jodi herself admitted Travis was a great person in an early jail house interview before she changed her story. This was back before she came up with her latest story. In her own words, she had nothing but good to say about him.

Plus, it is the total lack of evidence that supports her latest claim of abuse that is very telling. There is not one shred of evidence anywhere that even remotely suggests that Travis was abusing her in any way. Quite the contrary in fact. Most people testified he was a great person. Even Jodi herself said so early on.

If you are able to watch every day of her testimony, it was very revealing how she lied throughout the 7 days of testimony. She is a known and proven liar with nothing to support her latest claim.

On top of all that, there is the physical evidence in the shower area that proves there is no way the events could have unfolded like she told. There was no time at all for her to run to the closet and find a gun in top corner with him chasing her.

So, IMO, she was not abused in any way shape or fashion.

Oh, and the gun she stole. My goodness, of course she stole it. If a .25 caliber semi-automatic is stolen from her Grams 1 or 2 weeks before the murder and Jodi admits to shooting him and there is a .25 caliber shell casing on the floor. I'm sorry, but that is way too much evidence to even consider that Travis had that gun in his closet.
No way no how. Jodi said he didnt own a gun. His friends said he didnt own a gun.
The gun is a no-brainer.

Where is the evidence that Travis pursued her? If she was a domestic violence victim, shouldn't Travis be the one begging her back? Going to see HER at HER home? I mean, this is the oddest case of domestic violence EVER.

I think this is where the cream pie comes in....

The Psychology behind defending a murderer is so multi layered. The inability for a person to accept that someone is capable of doing an evil frightening thing, sticking a blade into a person 29 times, standing over them, grabbing them by the back of the hair when they are seconds from death anyway, and reaching down and with great force, putting the blade in one side of the throat and dragging it along while holding his head to just about decapitate him, then taking your semi-automatic and raising it and cocking the trigger, and firing a shot into his head when in all likelihood he was laying there dead, is puzzling to most.

There will always be the few that believe everything they hear, especially from a woman saying a man was mean to her. This points more to their own personal issues which have brought them to a point of having poor judgement. There are also those that gravitate to the dangerous. They visit killers proclaiming their innocence after they carried out mass murders on video, they are driven to support the accused especially in heinous crimes because they get a feeling of power getting close to dangerous people.

Then thankfully there are the majority, that can listen carefully and logic and instinct bring them all to the same conclusion. Going through life, if you find you have people that want to get into your own inner circle and they are the "go toward danger" type, I always say, move them away, keep them at a distance because they will put you in danger also.

Ravish - to give great delight to, enrapture (from Free Online Dictionary)

She intended to pull out a $20 word with which to impress jurors.

She had best pray they don't look it up as it is loosely synonymous -- especially within the context that she used it -- with rape.

rav·ish

Verb

Seize and carry off (someone) by force.

(of a man) Force (a woman or girl) to have sexual intercourse against her will.

Synonyms
violate - enrapture - abduct - enchant - bewitch

More info - Dictionary.com - Answers.com - Merriam-Webster - The Free Dictionary

So, she wanted to be "ravished", huh?

Sounds like, once again, she was taking the sexual lead, egging him on in matters violently sexual.

To this day, Jodi admits Travis was a great person...and that she loves him.

This sounds like an abuse victim.

But I need some expert information....

Oh good. Now we get Nancy and she's in AZ. Sigh.

She makes me NUTS. I can only pray she's not wearing the hair barrette.

And had a lot of time with Webster's Dictionary and a thesaurus in the last 4 and half years in her cell ...

My high school English teacher assigned 100 SAT words every other day. My vocabulary is spectacular, my spelling...not so much. It's my opinion, she uses a vocabulary she picked up while reading romance novels. She doesn't know how to use or pronounce the words she uses. The purpose of her verbiage is to put forth a facade that she's educated and intelligent. IMO she is neither. It's as fake as everything else about her.

Even if someone believes this was a crime of passion, Jodi isn't claiming crime of passion; she's claiming self defense. Stabbing someone over a dozen times, slitting their throat and then shooting them in the face is not self defense. No amount of sexy time talk on the phone, or claims that Travis used Jodi for sex, or alleged abuse, will make it self defense.

IMO
She really couldn't have claimed a crime of passion defense with the amount of premeditation available in this case, I don't believe.

It would've been in her best interests to in my opinion were it not for the gun, gas cans, hair dye, etc.

I have watched it and it does make me pause, Pink Potion. Her demeanor is very disturbing throughout.

My mother and I have both been interested crime for many years. She is in her 60's and I am in my 40's. We both feel the same. Very uncanny.

I find Arias more likable than I thought I would. If I look at this case without anything but what I have seen in the court, I have no doubt that I could not agree to the death penalty.

She offered to plead to 2nd degree for life in prison. Prosecution declined. Not sure that was wise. But heck, what do I know?

Thanks for your kind interest in what I have to say though...even if we disagree about things. I find your respect refreshing...as I am sure other quiet posters who agree with me appreciate also.

No she wanted something like 20 yrs.

Actually she tried to plea for 25 years; the maximum sentence available for second degree murder.

I am not an attorney nor do I play one on TV so this is purely my opinion. I would think that part of being a good trial lawyer, either side, is being able to read people, I.e. the judge, jury, witnesses et al. The judge looked very peeved with the DT today and I am wondering if she is getting as tired as we are of hearing all this sextimony. If she is reflective of the jury, Nurmi needs to get a clue and wrap this up. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
primelectrics