jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 14TH DAY #69*may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i hope the jury is paying attention. because this whole 'i loved the attention' defense sure doesn't fit with her story that she was not 'in love' with him, was fine with him seeing other women, and didn't see this as a relationship with a future.

if any of that were true, she would have moved on. if any of that were true, she wouldn't have driven 1000 miles out of her way to see him, rather than going to see the guy who maybe COULD have been her 'mr. right.'

... and Nurmi dwelling on her love of attention from Travis will backfire (or should). It was Travis' withdrawal of that attention that caused her to slaughter him. IMO

I had wondered about that too, I didn't have an opinion about it until I heard the phone sex tape (the original, unedited version), that orgasm was fake fake fake. Playing sex kitten was definitely a strategy.

100% agree. It was beyond obvious.

Just jumping off of your post...

I've been thinking about something. Do you all think she actually enjoyed this sex or was she just using it to hold onto Travis because she knew that was the only way to keep his attention focused on her (holy run-on sentence)? I know there are a lot of women who don't enjoy sex all that much, they just go through the motions because they feel like its what they're supposed to do.

Did she start the sexual exploits because she craved it from him or did she do it because that's what she knew men wanted and she knew she could snare a man that way?

JA has had many sexual partners in her young life. I think both. I think she derives both physical and emotional pleasure from sex with the latter being more intense. She is a psychopath so she obviously loves the feeling of having control over men by making her self available in all sorts of ways. I don't think there was anything Travis could have liked about her other than her body. She probably sensed this and did her best to control and toy with his Achilles' heel.

Jodi is ambidextrous thats why she can hold a camera in one hand and knife or gun in the other at the same time (people were wondering how she could take a picture if she was left handed) so that explains how she could take a picture using her right hand and access the shutter button with no problem.

Driving 1000 miles TO her abuser is a HUGE problem for the defense, IMO. It just throws the whole 'abused woman' line out the window. That is one of the main points that disproves that claim.

Add in that while they were an official couple, she did not live in Mesa. She moved there after they broke up - just screams stalker to me :)

I still maintain that her finger shows signs of a cutting injury. She says he broke it by kicking her. No cutting. Never mentions how it bled all over the place. I don't think it is possible she got that injury the way she said.

but she admits cutting her RIGHT finger, correct? because obviously she cut something or she couldn't have left her blood at the scene.

she is hellbent on keeping that left finger as the ONLY INJURY SHE HAS from all this abuse she got from travis. it must remain uninvolved in the murder because if it doesn't, and it's cut during the murder, then it calls into question her whole story about what happened that finger.

i personally think she would have been smarter to say 'it was already hurt and then yes, i cut it that day' but apparently she and nurmi think that's dangerous so they're lying about it.

and i don't think an xray or anything like that would be of any use to either side at this point. it doesn't prove how or when it happened so why bother?

Not sure why we would add Yreka at the end - she returned the rental car in Redding. I do wonder how she got back to Yreka though ...

She went back to Yreka before turning the car in because she said she had to work.

sun1_zps403f0e28.gif
Good morning fellow sleuthers!!!!

i had to back away from this whole thing yesterday, which i figured i would. i don't do well with the level of frustration and yes, anger, i felt over the machinations of the defense. i wonder what fake rabbit he'll pull out of the hat today?

anyway, since i understand the judge has discretion over whether JM can re-cross on this new 'evidence', i won't be surprised if she doesn't allow it. i've watched a lot of trials, and i've never seen one where IMO, the judge is so intimidated by the defense, and has allowed so much very suspect material to come in as so-called evidence.

SO, if she doesn't allow JM to question her on these torn-out journal pages, i guess he'll have to do it in his rebuttal case.

maybe he's scoring points. i don't know. but my opinion is nurmi needs to get her off the stand today----i think everyone has 'arias fatigue'.

ITA! I had to mute the video. Felt a lot of frustration yesterday, especially after I realized they were replaying that sex phone tape.

I keep telling myself that what Nurmi was doing yesterday was running scared. JM had put a huge hole in Nurmi's "strategy." So Nurmi, goes "Wait! This isn't the way I planned things! I have to go back to the beginning to make sure the jury sees things my way!" I have repeatedly tried to keep an open mind about Nurmi (can't about Jodi any more), but I'm coming to the conclusion that he's a really <mod snip>.

I hope that thing on her lip stopped growing. It seemed to grow so much yesterday afternoon, I'm almost afraid to see it today! :eek:

she went to Yreka first because she was running late for work and returned the car the next day....didn't she? or am I dreaming again....I do do that....LOL
Must have tough for Arias to work at Casa Ramos with wounds on both hands ...

I hope that thing on her lip stopped growing. It seemed to grow so much yesterday afternoon, I'm almost afraid to see it today! :eek:

I think in the morning she had something on it, make-up or medicine that came off with lunch. I personally hope it is twice the size today.

Driving 1000 miles TO her abuser is a HUGE problem for the defense, IMO. It just throws the whole 'abused woman' line out the window. That is one of the main points that disproves that claim.

I joined the trial with JM beginning his cross of Jodi, and I'm confused about her claim that Travis paid for her to return to Mesa. When was this and is there any proof it's true/false? Is there any proof he tried to stop or discourage her from moving back to CA in April 08?

What does it even matter when she hurt her finger? She admitted to killing him. So what if she hurt it during the altercation? I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89