Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 7TH DAY #40 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also ignoring all these talking heads on tv. I avoid Nancy Grace too but she is a voice for the victim.

the guest TH just said the same thing I've been saying all along. This trial is not about guilt/not. It's about the degree of guilt she will be found guilty of. Will Jodi get life or death?

Jodi is GUILTY of murdering Travis. That's a given.

I agree. But so far, all of this defense crapola doesn't meet the burden of a battered or abused victim defense. They are just prolonging the inevitable. But argggggggggggggggh it is painful to witness.

No wonder Travis told her - "Everything you touch turns to sh..!"

What was the Shakespeare play JA invited a deceased Travis to see? Wonder if that's where plucked the word wrath from.
Wrath, wrath, wrath, wrath. Enough already!

JA invited Travis to go see Othello.

Morbid jealousy (also known as Othello Syndrome or Delusional jealousy) is a psychiatric disorder in which a person holds a strong delusional belief that their spouse or sexual partner is being unfaithful without having any, very little, or insignificant proof to back up their claim. Excerpt Wikipedia [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morbid_jealousy"]Morbid jealousy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

^^^Maybe this is where she picked up the phrase 'morbid curiosity' when being questioned by Det. Flores.

Desdemona is concerned over the loss of the handkerchief but maintains that its loss will not cause Othello to grow angry. Emilia is more cynical, especially after Othello violently asks to see it. Desdemona is confused over her husband's behaviour, which culminates in his striking her in public and calling her a *advertiser censored*. Excerpt Wikipedia [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desdemona"]Desdemona - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Striking similarities in her tall stories. Seems JA chooses excerpts from various sources.

pg #119/132 from TA to JA

I freaking bet - I wonder how much you send out that I don' see .. . btw thanks for not paying for the car . . . you are more and more like your Mom every day

I just love this fact about the car payments...I would expect there will be plenty to show that she owed Travis, not that Travis borrowed $$$ from her...............and if that is the case, it is a PERFECT example that JM can use to present to the jury that JA cannot tell the truth about anything! (Again, it's looking like she owed him, we will have to wait and see.)

Think about if you were a juror - sitting there through all this testimony...and then you find out "the rest of the story" put in context, and find out that it wasn't at all what you had been led to believe. How would you feel?

They have taken such a huge risk there, on something (who owed $$) that really shouldn't have been a big issue. It should be a non-issue in the big picture, but it's a perfect example of showing she can't be trusted to tell the truth about anything. Don't pizz off a juror and make them feel foolish.

JMO

Was that "frack you in the woods" in response to one of her emails that were forwarded to multiple people?

Thanks Nurmi for letting us know that Travis just wanted her to leave him alone. She is out of her mind, and is nurmi now working for the prosecution? I love how he gets ticked off when our hero objects, and gets so flustered. I think her case is done, and Martenez hasn't even gotten to her yet. I feel so very bad for Travis. There seemed to be no excape for him.

Next thing we know, Jodi will be claiming she was in a fugue state when she slaughtered Travis.

“mistakes” ja admitted to this morning:

- left a drawing at ta’s “by mistake” that really upset ta
- her computer failed after she worked on wedding photos and before she could work on ta’s dog photo
- sent a text to ta “by mistake” instead of to stevec
- sam, steve, abe, [dick and harry] :crazy:

this is honest to god so 6th grade.

On one hand it is nice to deal with Jodi only in small doses. on the other hand, it keeps draaaaaaaaaaagging out her testimony so that ultimately it gets more annoying in the long run. It's like my son refusing to drink all of his health shake (for his tummy problems) all at once....instead he insists on staking itty bitty sips....only a bit of yuck (to him..to me it tastes good!) but it takes him even longer to finish it!

I'd love to have court start at 8, lunch at 12, end at 5. We could get through this a lot faster, even though hearing her ramble longer would be painful in the short term...but long term we could get her off the stand sooner!

ITA and the difference between Nurms and Juan in direct will be so significant for the jury. IMO whether Juan is extremely aggressive with JA at times or not, his style is so much more effective in this case. He is to the point, no filler, no "fluff", blunt. ESPECIALLY after weeks of Nurmi's slow irrelevant drivel and JA's pointless narrations, I'm guessing the jury will welcome what Juan is going to do.

There's no comparision.

I just loved how he slipped in the remark about her litany. (Oxford Dict. definition = any tedious recital) :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Trying to see this like a juror would and the bottom line so far is there has been no corroborating testimony from anyone that Travis was physically abusive towards her.

In fact, just the opposite, he was mainly nice. He did say some mean things to her when he was mad at her, but after hearing the tape the other day and seeing some texts, she is always there egging him on and being part of the verbal exchanges.

So far, it is just her word about physical abuse and the tape went a long way to convince me she is lynig and twisting everything to always be Travis caused it. The fact she takes no responsibllity shows me she is lying. Everyone would have some degree of involvment in exchanges, but according to her, she NEVER is part of any of the bad words, so that is BS to me.

I hope the jury sees her lies as clear as they are to me.

HINT TO JURY. She looks down, voice gets quiet, etc. Hint that she is beginning to lie about something.

No wonder Travis told her - "Everything you touch turns to sh..!"

She couldn't find success on her own because she never completed anything. Apparently, she doesn't understand that you have to actually work to get anything accomplished. She thought the money fairy was going to slip some cash under her pillow. She also tried to find successful men to take care of her. I think she felt she was entitled to a good life that she was too lazy to work for.

I don't blame Travis in the least for being rude to her in these text messages. She asked for it with her obsessive behavior- she wouldn't leave him alone! And he had her number- he was beginning to figure out that she was a manipulative liar and told her so! She didn't take a hint. She's extremely passive-aggressive.
She thoroughly enjoyed getting a reaction from him.

That is the reality. (I hope).

But technically, if she successfully proves self defense, she would be found not guilty of murder and could walk.

I want to repeat that because I have seen a lot of confusion about that.

Is there LWOP in az? I've read conflicting info from posters about that too.

I looked it up and found JA if found guilty of the murder 1, she could get:

1) 25 to Life
2) LWOP
3) DP

Is that correct?

Trying to see this like a juror would and the bottom line so far is there has been no corroborating testimony from anyone that Travis was physically abusive towards her.

In fact, just the opposite, he was mainly nice. He did say some mean things to her when he was mad at her, but after hearing the tape the other day and seeing some texts, she is always there egging him on and being part of the verbal exchanges.

So far, it is just her word about physical abuse and the tape went a long way to convince me she is lynig and twisting everything to always be Travis caused it. The fact she takes no responsibllity shows me she is lying. Everyone would have some degree of involvment in exchanges, but according to her, she NEVER is part of any of the bad words, so that is BS to me.

I hope the jury sees her lies as clear as they are to me.

HINT TO JURY. She looks down, voice gets quiet, etc. Hint that she is beginning to lie about something.

I'm sure he was TRYING to be "mean" at some point in an effort to get her to leave him alone. He just wasn't very good at it.

btw- My dog is part chihuahua and she's thoroughly offended by JA comparing herself to a shaking scared little chi. She grunted a little growl when HLN replayed a "highlight" this weekend and I'm pretty sure this morning she was trying to give JA the finger, which is hard for a dog with paws.

Even the pups despise this defendant.

Lol...:seeya:
:floorlaugh:

does anyone know what the picture/drawing was? (like what was it a drawing of???)

I am missing the context

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members