Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 8TH DAY #44 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
......and she remembers her VERY detailed thoughts and PRECISE statements by Travis up until the point where she stabbed him almost 3 dozen times and nearly decapitated him.

This disorder related to selectively repressing SPECIFIC memories, but not other memories that occurred in the same time frame, has never been identified in Psychiatry. Therefore, this syndrome has never been given a specific name. We should give it a name on Websleuths. I propose that we call it
Selective Repressed Memories to Save my Sorry A$$ Syndrome.

Amazing she shot him in the head in this version... And he didn't even flinch and she couldn't tell if he was shot...eyeroll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was down at the courthouse today and the court peeps were talking about some of the people who've shown up to try and get in. They said a family from Canada, a couple from NV who travel around the country in an RV attending one trial after the next, and a middle-aged man who cried when he couldn't get in cause he just had to see Jodi. I also heard that Juan po'd the Judge pretty bad at one point today over an objection and the general consensus is that the jury's not buying a word.

Just some gossip while we wait :)

Wouldn't a domestic violence victim feel profound RELIEF after killing her abuser? Relief that he couldn't abuse me anymore, or relief that unsuspecting children would be safe from him. I think relief and horror and remorse are all appropriate feelings for a TRUE domestic violence victim.
My best guess 'cuz I never actually killed mine? ;)

Initially when one is extricating oneself from an abusive relationship there is an immense, overwhelming guilt. (Or there was for me.) You feel such guilt that you couldn't be better to keep the relationship together.

Though guilt and shame are very different. I felt guilty but I was very certain my leaving was necessary. I wasn't ashamed...but then, I was also a lot more suicidal during the abuse then after too.

Any relief for me came much later when I realized the magnitude of what had happened and how depraved he really was. Horror at their (the victims) actions and indeed great remorse I would find very fitting...relief, I'm really not sure of while still in denial. JMO

Just got back, is court done for the the day?

Not only is court done for the day......

Nurmi is done with direct as well!!!!!!!!!!!

:great: Tomorrow we get Juan all day!!!

Did anyone see Travis's family before Nurmi finished? Katie said they went into a room after the break. Did they ever come back into the courtroom?

Lordy - could KN be complaining because Sam was crying today?
It seems like something that ***** would do.
:banghead:

Can Juan recall the M.E. (i asked earlier but can't see if that was answered)

O/T

Judges decision whether or not Drew Peterson gets a new trial continues until tomorrow.

Back to reading and your regular scheduled program.

:truce:

Thank you. HUGE RELIEF that jurors laughing was a joke!!! Saw that first and thought - Oh no!

What is it about the jailor that I keep reading? What was her testimony about him?

Thanks for catching me up. I tried to listen on my cell phone but couldn't get a good signal.

She testified that she didn't contact Inside Edition to do an interview. She said that one of the officers brought 2 shirts and asked her "Which one do you want to wear? Inside Edition is here and wants to talk to you." She said she initially didn't want to do it because her attorney, at the time, had advised her not.... Objection by Juan, sustained. She said that the officer persuaded her to do the interview.

I had marked a bunch of posts for response, but my multi-quote apparently isn't working...

Anyway, the in-chambers meeting could be really anything. Reviewing juror questions would normally wait until after both lawyers are done, but that is still one possibility. Discussing boring scheduling matters is another possibility--e.g., "OK, Juan, how long do you need for cross? 45 minutes? 10 days? Something in between? And how many more defense witnesses do we have? Anyone from out of town who has already bought tickets?" ....etc. Most likely it is nothing remotely exciting. ;)

Re: the upcoming cross...all the seminars teach you to pick the three best areas of testimony for cross and forget the rest. I don't think JM can just pick 3 in this case lol. By the way, Arizona's rule on cross examination is quite unusual--cross is NOT limited to the scope of direct. In this case, of course, Miss Jodi testified to absolutely everything on the freaking planet in direct anyway.

with this snow? At last I had an excuse to not go hiking and stay at the rental house today and listen to the trial. But, wow, we left New England for warm weather and today (we're out by Cave Creek) we had rain, hail and snow.:confused:

At least I got to hear the unbelievable testimony about the actual murder. Now we head to Sedona for a few days. It's going to be cool there so may be able to watch more-at least we rented a house with great views and a hot tub to watch them from so I can do trial watching and red rock watching at the same time.

OT ....snow in southern AZ!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

During the entire part, brief though it was, were JA related her version of what happened between her and Travis not for one second did it come across that JA's life was endangered.

Not for one second did it come across that she couldn't have gotten herself out of that situation.

Not for one brief second was it explained by JA to be a self defense situation.

I do think Juan will have to watch what he says and take it a little easy. He could turn the jurors off if he goes full force on everything. JMO

I zoned them out a few times but I don't remember any explanation of how she would know to make her story account for multiple stab wounds, what with her black out and all. I could have missed though.

I thought she said Flores told her??

Can Juan recall the M.E. (i asked earlier but can't see if that was answered)

Why would he need to? ME vs Jodi whose more credible? That's all the jury needs. Nurmi can call his own expert to dispute the ME

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member