Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 8TH DAY #44 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<queue Howard Cosell voice>

Ladies & Gentleman

It'll be the thrilla in Manilla....errr....Phoenix!

Our reigning champ, Juan "Pitbull" Martinez will take on the woefully inadequate challenger Jodi "There are gaps" Arias.

IT.WILL.BE.EPIC

Let's check in with the champ right now.

boxerpractice.jpg

He's warming up for tomorrow's big showdown

Be Ready Ladies & Gentleman
10:30am Thursday AZ time

rockem.jpg

I had marked a bunch of posts for response, but my multi-quote apparently isn't working...

Anyway, the in-chambers meeting could be really anything. Reviewing juror questions would normally wait until after both lawyers are done, but that is still one possibility. Discussing boring scheduling matters is another possibility--e.g., "OK, Juan, how long do you need for cross? 45 minutes? 10 days? Something in between? And how many more defense witnesses do we have? Anyone from out of town who has already bought tickets?" ....etc. Most likely it is nothing remotely exciting. ;)

Re: the upcoming cross...all the seminars teach you to pick the three best areas of testimony for cross and forget the rest. I don't think JM can just pick 3 in this case lol. By the way, Arizona's rule on cross examination is quite unusual--cross is NOT limited to the scope of direct. In this case, of course, Miss Jodi testified to absolutely everything on the freaking planet in direct anyway.

Thank you!! We all get nervous when stuff happens in closed chambers. Maybe Nurmi is claiming some more nonsense trying to get a mistrial. Lol They can't think that this is going well!!

BBM:

They absolutely will investigate. The officer may not still be working there but they will try to get in touch with her if she isn't. Believe it or not, it could be Malfeasance on the officer's part. Jodi will be questioned about what she said in a very serious way. I expect she will also be evaluated by Medical tonight over the suicide statements. She needs to be kept in solitary (administrative segregation) until this trial is over and she is on her way to state prison.

(I was a Booking/Classification Lieutenant and also sat on the Disciplinary Board for both inmates and officers, but just a retired old granny now)

I missed the information about the jailer. Can someone please let me know :)

During the entire part, brief though it was, were JA related her version of what happened between her and Travis not for one second did it come across that JA's life was endangered.

Not for one second did it come across that she couldn't have gotten herself out of that situation.

Not for one brief second was it explained by JA to be a self defense situation.

That PLUS her later testimony that she felt bad she hadn't taken another way out (implying that there was something else she could have/should have done).

I had marked a bunch of posts for response, but my multi-quote apparently isn't working...

Anyway, the in-chambers meeting could be really anything. Reviewing juror questions would normally wait until after both lawyers are done, but that is still one possibility. Discussing boring scheduling matters is another possibility--e.g., "OK, Juan, how long do you need for cross? 45 minutes? 10 days? Something in between? And how many more defense witnesses do we have? Anyone from out of town who has already bought tickets?" ....etc. Most likely it is nothing remotely exciting. ;)

Re: the upcoming cross...all the seminars teach you to pick the three best areas of testimony for cross and forget the rest. I don't think JM can just pick 3 in this case lol. By the way, Arizona's rule on cross examination is quite unusual--cross is NOT limited to the scope of direct. In this case, of course, Miss Jodi testified to absolutely everything on the freaking planet in direct anyway.

Thank you for that AZLawyer, I was wondering if the cross was limited.

I'm suddenly loving AZ laws. Thanks for the info.

O/T

Judges decision whether or not Drew Peterson gets a new trial continues until tomorrow.

Back to reading and your regular scheduled program.

:truce:

Thank you for posting that, I've completely lost track of what's going on there with the JA/Nurmi freak show in AZ. Can't wait until his appeals are all denied and hope Stacy's justice is coming... .... now back on track....

I zoned them out a few times but I don't remember any explanation of how she would know to make her story account for multiple stab wounds, what with her black out and all. I could have missed though.

If I remember correctly amidst my yawns during Direct this morning, Nurmi asked about the knife wounds, Jodi couldn't remember anything except "accidentally shooting Travis" so Nurmi escaped from that line of questioning and moved right along to driving trough the desert. ;)

I loved it. The convenient blackout of key events will do her in.

Now I know why Juan made issue with the multiple steps required to delete pictures from that camera. It was to demonstrate the clarity of mind needed to accomplish it. A blackout or foggy state is totally inconsistent with that.

Great point. She tried to cover herself by saying she was "deleting as they went along" but to delete the last 3 pictures, she would have had to do it after the murder.

......and she remembers her VERY detailed thoughts and PRECISE statements by Travis up until the point where she stabbed him almost 3 dozen times and nearly decapitated him.

This disorder related to selectively repressing SPECIFIC memories, but not other memories that occurred in the same stressful time frame, has never been identified in Psychiatry. Therefore, this syndrome has never been given a specific name. We should give it a name on Websleuths. I propose that we call it
Selective Repressed Memories to Save my Sorry A$$ Syndrome.

:laughcry:

So ONE day of testimony about the murder and way too many days on anal sex, vampires, ex-boyfriends, etc, etc.???? That flew by, LMAO

Yes! The ME can definitely be recalled to the stand. And this multiquote not working thing is driving me up a wall. :banghead:

Probably - my guess is the "innocent-little-Jodi-side-pony" will be gone . . . I wonder if she will feign illness to avoid dealing with Juan?

This is exactly what I'm afraid she's going to do tomorrow

The camping / panning for gold trip required a gun....

Accidentally nicked herself and it hurt soooo much

Damn girl! Jodi may as well jump up on that execution table now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If at first you don't succeed.... Take the stand and say a bunch of stupid s*hit and the state will finish the job for you. :jail:

She testified that she didn't contact Inside Edition to do an interview. She said that one of the officers brought 2 shirts and asked her "Which one do you want to wear? Inside Edition is here and wants to talk to you." She said she initially didn't want to do it because her attorney, at the time, had advised her not.... Objection by Juan, sustained. She said that the officer persuaded her to do the interview.
Inside Edition didn't just sit down with Jodi and start interviewing her. Jodi signed all kinds of releases before the interview started which clearly proves she wasn't coerced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro