Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 8TH DAY #44 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The judge said the people in the back of the room does that mean the family gets to be in there for the closed door hearing thing??

This probably lends weight to the plea deal hearing idea.

The defense has to know she is getting the needle if this is all they've got.

Oh, to be a fly on that wall...

I hope Juan takes the following approach:

1. Go through every lie/story that Jodi has already admitted to (i.e. - ninjas), and simply say "Ms. Arias, were you lying when you said ninjas killed Mr. Alexander?" "Were you lying when you said you were not present at Mr. Alexander's house the day he died?"

2. Question Jodi on every part of her testimony that contradicts previous statements (i.e. - Previously - "I shot Travis". Today - "I don't know if I shot Travis") and ask her was she lying then or is she lying now. Has to be one or the other.

3. Finally, question Jodi on every made up story that she cannot cooberate (i.e. - the kiddie *advertiser censored*, the Spidey undies, the abuse) and simply say "With every lie you have told in the last 4+ years, why should the jury believe you now....?"

Simple yes and no questions. No elaborating. No explaining. The jury will fully see what they already know....guilty, guilty, guilty.

I thought she said Flores told her??

Flores mentioned to JA that he (Flores) thought given the scene of the crime there could have been 2 people involved... and Voila...
JA's magical carpet ride with the Ninja story comes to Life!!

I bet even Nurmi is glad this part is over, kind of hard to keep a straight face, now he can sit back & watch the evisceration, just has to come up w/ closing, but I don't think anything could save her now...

AZLawyer,

Do they really allow inmates to have dangerous weapons (double sided razors) from the commissary?

I also like how an accidental gunshot just manages to hit his head. One would think an accidental target would be the torso with its much greater mass.

Juan will teach us how it is done. I can't see him needing to disprove Jodi's meaningless blabbering.

Why did Travis feel scammed? That I really want to know.

Flores mentioned to JA that he (Flores) thought given the scene of the crime there could have been 2 people involved... and Voila...
JA's magical carpet ride with the Ninja story comes to Life!!

Now I got the song stuck in my head.:rocker:

Did anyone else catch that not 5 minutes into JA's testimony that she was talking about how she and Travis had broken up, and she HAD TO have her social security card for a new job? And it was conveniently at TA's house. BUT the door's are locked and she saw 2 people making out and went in (maybe the doggie door)!

That clearly to me at least, is evidence of her STALKING TA. I mean who needs their ACTUAL ss cardfor anything? That is BS.

I also like how an accidental gunshot just manages to hit his head. One would thing an accidental target would be the body with its much greater mass.

He lunged at her... Yet he was lower than her when shot and he head was atleast two feet away from the muzzle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I felt so sorry for Samantha when I saw her crying today. :( She's been the strong one throughout this trial... but at some point it hits and then you collapse and let it out. I have to be the strong one in my family. It's not an easy burden to have on your shoulders.

I think they really thought they would learn what happened to Travis in that bathroom the day he died but they realized Arias is never going to give up control over them by telling them the truth.

I think no matter how hard it was going to be for them to listen to they wanted to know the truth. Jodi and truth mixes like oil and water.

IMO

Defense is only done with ja for the moment....defense has not rested their case....

I'm so happy for Katie Coolady. She was planning on attending all day tomorrow. A full day of Juan!!! I hope she gets in!!!

I have pink eye or some sort of eye infection. My doctor wanted me to come in this afternoon, told him i couldnt, prior commitment. He says, tomorrow afternoon? I said, no can do. I need something before noon. My appointment is now on Friday.

I hope my eye doesn't fall out in the interim

Sister called needs surgery asked if she needs me would inhere willing. I told her I left fca I guess I could leave jodi

AZLawyer,

Do they really allow inmates to have dangerous weapons (double sided razors) from the commissary?

Someone committed suicide in the 4th Ave jail with one a couple of years ago, so I guess so. (Probably where JA got the idea for her story.)

I also like how an accidental gunshot just manages to hit his head. One would thing an accidental target would be the body with its much greater mass.

i'm sure there's some esoteric jodisplanation for that...

I have pink eye or some sort of eye infection. My doctor wanted me to come in this afternoon, told him i couldnt, prior commitment. He says, tomorrow afternoon? I said, no can do. I need something before noon. My appointment is now on Friday.

I hope my eye doesn't fall out in the interim

It's from all that damn stabbing it. Another Jodi victim.

I had marked a bunch of posts for response, but my multi-quote apparently isn't working...

Anyway, the in-chambers meeting could be really anything. Reviewing juror questions would normally wait until after both lawyers are done, but that is still one possibility. Discussing boring scheduling matters is another possibility--e.g., "OK, Juan, how long do you need for cross? 45 minutes? 10 days? Something in between? And how many more defense witnesses do we have? Anyone from out of town who has already bought tickets?" ....etc. Most likely it is nothing remotely exciting. ;)

Re: the upcoming cross...all the seminars teach you to pick the three best areas of testimony for cross and forget the rest. I don't think JM can just pick 3 in this case lol. By the way, Arizona's rule on cross examination is quite unusual--cross is NOT limited to the scope of direct. In this case, of course, Miss Jodi testified to absolutely everything on the freaking planet in direct anyway.

BBM

First off, THANK YOU, so much!!!

That's fascinating about the lenience for cross here in AZ... but you're right, is seems ironically inconsequential since JA has provided so much, in such detail - I was originally worried that because she would likely race through the actual murder and suddenly stop providing details it would be a snag for cross.

That said, my bet is that many of her answers to JM will be "I don't recall," or, "I can't remember," or "I don't know." It's going to be frustrating but I can't imagine her actually responding to his questions with actual answers that we all know will destroy her testimony on myriad subjects and expose her contradictions.

She's going to have SUCH bad recall tomorrow! :)

Thanks again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member