jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 8TH DAY #45 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And she seriously discussed this;

She found herself planning a camping trip/gold mining excursion with a group of friends, in which she was the only female. So her solution is to buy a gun to take with her, just in case. :eek: What about not going along on the trip, if she thought she might need a gun to defend herself from her 'friends'?

This is also bizarre. She just killed a guy she says she loved with a GUN. (Knife too but she can't remember that messy stuff.)

So she goes right out and BUYS one? Is it just me? I wouldn't want to touch a gun again.

But then, she's a psychopath, so perfectly normal for her.

I just really hope that JM or someone on his staff has seen "Charlie's Angels."

It makes me very sad and frustrated that so many telltale signs (on Travis' part) are being ignored in the defense of a proven and prolific liar.

This is what scares me about defenses like battered person's syndrome - that the pendulum can swing too far in the opposite direction as intended and people will assume many factors inconsistent with intimate partner violence on their face without any critical thinking or self-education. It is wonderful that abuse can be mitigated for real victims but I feel that there needs to be some measure of responsibility - some bar of what constitutes using such a defense tactic as reasonable. As is, it is so easily misused and manipulated.

The end result is everybody loses. The true victim that has to fight to find an advocate who will actually believe him much less listen, to the dad who 'thinks' he knows what an abuser looks like...until he's viewing his daughter's body in the morgue after her marrying such a 'great' guy.

I find ignorance unacceptable and wholly unnerving in light of all the research, awareness campaigns, and survivors coming forward with their stories. It just makes no sense.

MOO

I know what you mean and I completely agree with you. Blame it on post modernism, moral relativity and the culture of sentimentality.

Against all that, I think all you can do is be is an alternative voice in the wilderness. It is disheartening, but all great and worthwhile battles are. Just keep on keeping on.

All I know is that at the beginning of the Casey Anthony case, the concept of a psychopath was almost unheard of and roundly ignored. Now I alight on a trial where people get it. I call that progress.

Nurmi: Were you scared when he was chasing you?

Jodi: Yeah, I didn't want him to grab me again.

Nurmi: What were you scared that he would do?

Jodi: Who knows at that point?

There goes self defense. That was her opportunity to say I was afraid he was going to kill me if he caught me.

rbm

ITA, minor4th -- This is yet one more place where she forgets her lines -- completely off the reservation on that exchange. I'll bet Nurmi nearly choked when he heard her say that line...

What a shame, huh?!

Originally Posted by Sulamith
BBM TA took a lot of vacations with JA. She might have become obsessed with him but I do not get the impression it was because he was involved in Pre Paid Legal. From her testimony about her former boyfriends, I did not get the impression she was money hungry. I think she loved him and murdered him but I don't think it was because of his "larger lifestyle"

Hi Sulamith,
Did you get a chance to listen to the DT's opening statement? I'll paraphrase part of it for you.
"Jodi was looking for a financially stable man to give her a chance to further her interests (such as photography)."

She also went from one suitor to the next working her way up the success chain. She left a FOUR year relationship in 2 days for pete's sake. She and DB were having financial problems and it was time to move on to the next one up the food chain.
Psychopaths only love themselves.

I'm going to watch the end of today's trial later tonight but can someone just tell me...did the defense end their questioning of Jodi today? Is that why everyone is saying that Juan is up tomorrow? Or, are we just hoping that Nurmi will be done soon?

Ok, I'm sorry to ask, too, as I have only been able to catch bits and pieces today, and will have to catch up later tonight after the kids are in bed.

Did Nurmi actually finish this afternoon?

Is it REALLY Juan Martinez crossX (finally!) tomorrow?? :please:

Need info to rearrange some of my day tomorrow, if so, and before bed tonight! Please help, WSers!

Jodi said she was stooped down next to the shower and dropped the camera, caught it on the way down, then lost it again and it hit the mat while rolling off onto the tile floor. If she were stooping what was she 2 foot from the mat. What kind of damage could she have done in such a short distance? I mean, really. Plus didn't she say she was taking the pictures from a couple of feet away. Aren't mats up against the shower tub for you to step out on? I would think Travis would want to see if there was damage to it first, unless he felt she did it deliberately. jmo

IMO, Jodi was holding the camera in one hand, the gun in the other.

IMO
No, she shot him when she was taking pictures of him in the shower. She got him vulnerable positions and then blasted him with first shot. Gun jammed then and she ran out to get knife.

I think the closet is out in the hall.

Yes, casing usually flies to the right of gun. It could bounce around because they do come out pretty fast.

Yes I do think she went from the closet to the bathroom to shoot him , I was under the impression that the closet was a walk through with a door to the bedroom on one end and a door to the bath on the other end , anyone know for sure?

Jodi said she was stooped down next to the shower and dropped the camera, caught it on the way down, then lost it again and it hit the mat while rolling off onto the tile floor. If she were stooping what was she 2 foot from the mat. What kind of damage could she have done in such a short distance? I mean, really. Plus didn't she say she was taking the pictures from a couple of feet away. Aren't mats up against the shower tub for you to step out on? I would think Travis would want to see if there was damage to it first, unless he felt she did it deliberately. jmo

She obviously didn't damage the camera, because plenty of pics were taken after she alleges it was dropped.

Remember, Travis is not bothered that she trashed the BMW, only that she dropped a camera from just above the floor.

I notice that she alleges that he then called her the same name that she called herself yesterday; i.e., "stupid idiot".

Even her fertile, prevaricating imagination has its limits.

I apologize, I had to visit my grandma tonight so couldn't follow. Did the prosecution get to ask any questions after Nurmi was done or did they end for the day?

hahaha! she forgot THAAAAT part!

Exactly. We are supposed to believe Jodi pulled a Clint Eastwood and with her life on the line she gambles and instead of running out the door, she goes for a gun which
-MAY OR MAY NOT still be there
-MAY OR MAY NOT be loaded
-MAY OR MAY NOT have a stool handy to reach it

Clint even would have chosen to run. :floorlaugh:

Madeleine I think your crush is showing again :blowkiss:. :floorlaugh:.

ITA. He is an excellent attorney and I have no doubt he'll own that courtroom tomorrow. I just wish I could watch it live....I have to work :cry:.

No that's exactly what I thought of this prosecutor before I later realized I had this faux-crush. He really is just that good, and his reputation bears it out.

This is also bizarre. She just killed a guy she says she loved with a GUN. (Knife too but she can't remember that messy stuff.)

So she goes right out and BUYS one? Is it just me? I wouldn't want to touch a gun again.

And didn't she say how much she "hated guns"? Iirc? .makes no sense at all....

I apologize, I had to visit my grandma tonight so couldn't follow. Did the prosecution get to ask any questions after Nurmi was done or did they end for the day?

NO, Nurmi ended the day saying that's all I have. Then the judge sent the jury to the juror room saying court resumes tomorrow at 10:30. So we assume Juan will be up with Jodi first thing.

How many people get in a car accident and never drive again.

No way would a normal human being go out and purchase a gun weeks after "accidentally" (in self defense) killing another human being, let alone someone they cared for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KazPsi