jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 8TH DAY #45 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arrrrgh just wrote a whole long thing then it got deleted underneath my very fingers...ugh!

Ok again.

I got there and mingled a bit with some journalists --talked to Monica Lindstrom who's been a talking head. Also talked to Troy Hayden and asked him if he thought he'd interview Jodi again and he said he hoped to after the trial. He offered me a candy. lol

I was talking to my friend Ray Stern who's blogging this for PHX New Times (worth a read) and realized we were trash talking Jodi right next to her friend Donovan and his/her girlfriend. Told Ray we needed to shhh it and he asked if I thought they'd talk to him and I said sure why not? So he went and talked to them...we'll see if they show up on his blog.

There were quite a few weird minglings like that in the hall or in the bathroom. You really gotta be aware of your surroundings. I was right behind Jodi's mom in the BR line.

Ok gonna launch this before I lose it again then go on to page 2

So, she ran and got the gun, then went back in the bathroom towards Travis - rathe than away from him.

Apparently Travis politely stayed put, waiting patiently in the bathroom so she could go get his gun and come back... probably shouted out, "It's on the top shelf next to my old briefcase! Stand on one of the bottom shelves if you can't reach it... don't fall, now!"

It would probably take only a few seconds for her to get the gun and return, but it would only be possible if Travis stopped attacking her for those seconds - meaning there was no cause for self defense for that brief period of time, and SHE was the one now in the offensive/attacking position - moving towards him with a lethal weapon and HE was now the one who would need to defend himself, no?

So imv (and I'm not the lawyer here so I'm probably making a fool of myself :) ) her story turns the self-defense justification over to Travis well enough to negate hers...

I don't believe Travis had a gun or her story about it. But she's sort of stuck with it now. Oh wait, this is JA - the multiple-version defendant.

Just waiting for the day she apologizes (of course) then says she was wrong about some earlier testimony - and just now remembers correctly, proceeding to explain yet another version of some event. It's bound to happen.

He is the best prosecutor I have ever seen in action!
It's ok I had a lil faux crush on BOZ and David Walgren, to name a couple. :great:

Jeff Ashton too....sigh...:blushing:

NO, Nurmi ended the day saying that's all I have. Then the judge sent the jury to the juror room saying court resumes tomorrow at 10:30. So we assume Juan will be up with Jodi first thing.

THANK YOU!!!!

OMG!! Finally!

Sleep well, Juan Martinez, and have a good breakfast! :woohoo:

He is the best prosecutor I have ever seen in action!
It's ok I had a lil faux crush on BOZ and David Walgren, to name a couple. :great:

I talked to Boz a bit at a gathering after the trial and he got seated next to me at the Butterfly gala (pure coincidence I swear). I was impressed with him. He's young and brash but he's going places and in 20 yrs he'll be another Juan M.

How many people get in a car accident and never drive again.

No way would a normal human being go out and purchase a gun weeks after "accidentally" (in self defense) killing another human being, let alone someone they cared for.

The gold panning party with the scary men had my jaw on the floor. After 4 years, this is her best??!

I apologize, I had to visit my grandma tonight so couldn't follow. Did the prosecution get to ask any questions after Nurmi was done or did they end for the day?

No, Nurmi finished at the end of the day.

Court was recessed and counsel met with the Judge in her chambers.

Would expect to pick up with Martinez questioning Arias in the a.m.

So Travis is so trusting of everyone that he leaves his front door unlocked most of the time, but has a gun hidden in his closet?

Yesterday on one of the HLN shows (JVM, NG, or DD), a friend of TA's was on there and he said that he was positive TA didn't have a gun because he (friend) would take TA out with him to the shooting ranges once in a while and if TA purchased a gun, he would have said something.

Dave Hall is the friend, he provided HLN with videos today of Travis shooting his (Dave's) guns when they went out. Dave was at Travis' house the week before he was murdered. No mention of any gun.. b/c Travis didn't own one.

Page 2

Distinct change in jurors since yesterday. Much more serious and attentive.

How does this woman who has no money afford a gun?

My fantasy foreman (the male) looks different today--hand over his mouth, sitting way back vs up in his seat. Some jurors in the back row tuning out.
She's absolutely ridiculous re: the gun purchase. Claiming she did it to be a responsible gun owner and/or go on a gold panning expedition with a bunch of men....supposedly right after she was in a life threatening situation. She makes no sense. I have a feeling she blind sided Nurmi with this...he expected her to say she bought it to commit suicide.

Her affect changes dramatically when she's actively engaged in spinning a tale. SHe gets more animated, more energy, looks up more directly.

She's suicidal but she's planning a fun weekend gold panning get away?

My question for Jodi "Did you bring your new gun to Travis' Memorial service in Mesa?".

Ok on to page 3.............

DrD just had a caller named Cynthia who was great. She says Jodi has made a mockery of the justice system, jury, and all of us following this trial. Cynthia had more passion in what she said than DrD could understand, and I didn't appreciate him making Cynthia sound like the over excited one. I often wonder if DrD has lived a real life.

Oh, and I am so sick of his co guest saying all women had sympathy for Jodi at first because we're the same gender. Insulting to say that. I don't relate to killers at all.

He had her as co-host some weeks back. Why she is on the show I have no idea.

Of course, to begin with, one wonders who in the heck requests their clothes to be removed from a closet shelf and dusted (how she found his gun).

And does anyone believe that IF Travis did have a loaded gun hidden there, that he'd instruct her to dust in that immediate area?

Now that you mention it, Mr. Searcy has some issues with people who "bullied" him in life. I found that an interesting word usage on JA's part, when she described her adult lover as someone who "bullied" her.

Good catch!

Originally Posted by Madeleine74 [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8898618#post8898618"]
viewpost.gif
[/ame]

Not all defense teams read WS but some surely do. I saw it personally, as in-person, in a courtroom, during a murder trial, by a defense team member.

BOZ BOZ BOZ :great:

LOL, that was a great moment when Prosecutor BOZ called out that dude about posting here. :laughcry:

Ahhhhh, yes Maddie & Tiger -- Oh, what a feeling, as they say. Made my day.

Another good one, our BOZ!
icon14.gif

All I can say is she BETTER NOT finally committ suicide tonight! Please wait til after sentence ing!

I'm sorry if this was discussed when I was at work listening (and envious of you all chatting!). When she said she was considering 2 options: suicide or Monterey? What the heck? Who does that? Her reasoning didn't even make sense (saying her life was over anyways, so she may as well move to Monterey). Yah, real suicidal. Buys a gun for her panning of gold expedition, but not to kill herself.

IMO
No, she shot him when she was taking pictures of him in the shower. She got him vulnerable positions and then blasted him with first shot. Gun jammed then and she ran out to get knife.

I think the closet is out in the hall.

Yes, casing usually flies to the right of gun. It could bounce around because they do come out pretty fast.

but heres the problem,,where did the casing land,,in a pool of blood and stuck there so ta had to have been cut first

Page 3, word for word from my notes:

***** just got serious today.

She cries at the thought of her own funeral and Travis doing a eulogy.

Nurmi shot himself in the foot w/ the gun purchase question.

Tri color (my stenographer juror) looks at gallery when she starts crying re: the memorial. she does NOT look at crying JA.

Male Juror #2 NEVER looks at her.

Juror 1 turns toward gallery during side bar. Again never looks at Jodi and she's nearest to her.

Tri color smiles at another juror during sidebar.

No jurors watching her during sidebar...not a one.

No juror questions in the box .

Less concerned about my male juror who's bothered me today.

Ok on to next page..............

Another completely unbelievable part of testimony, the comment that preceded the murder, 'OMG, a 5 yr.old could handle a camera better than you'-SERIOUSLY? Only in Jodi world is that an offense punishable by death....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PrancingJeeves