jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 8TH DAY #45 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
K_Z wholeheartedly concurs with Mr. Nurse. (KZ is a former USAF officer.)

This is a VERY common .25, "Saturday Night Special" (potentially the same as her grandpa's .25-- speculation only, but it is a common pistol.):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raven_Arms_MP-25

"Early models have a sliding bar safety that will not allow the pistol to chamber a round or *advertiser censored* the striker if the safety is not in the fire position when the slide is pulled back. Later models have a push up safety that will not allow the action to be cycled at all when engaged."

NO way the gun "just went off". This gun is highly unlikely to fire even if dropped.[/

Re: BBM

I totally agree. There is no way it is the way she described it. She claimed she was on the ground wrestling with him and it went off. Total BS.

I think she carefully aimed it at him. Most people dont realize how hard it is to be accurate with a hand gun that small. Especially if nervous. IMO she was real close to him and carefully aimed it at his head.

I agree with you. But in this specific case, thank the angels above, the prosecutor has pictures that are dated and time stamped and incriminate the killer in a step by step fashion. So even if she says that she doesn't remember, he can point to the huge image on the wall, and remind the jury of EXACTLY what happened. Her foot in the picture of his bloody body being dragged down the hall IS her testimony. Who cares if she 'has gaps' or not. :rocker:

Yes! Totally brings back the reality of what really happened and her mental gymnastics are all just fantasyland!

None of her testimony fits the evidence nor does it ring true in any way. She is insulting the intelligence of all of us but mostly this jury.

Thank you Katiecoolady for the service you render to my buddy veterans. That why I am so upset with how the Defence w/ their so called experts will spin it. Treating PTSD requires serious counseling along with medications to help someone deal with the traumatization that occurred. I am still in counceling. Thanks for the link.

I'm gonna have a REALLY hard time with their expert$ I tell you that.

I probably got that one totally wrong. I can see how she was referring to Travis in that now.

Can I plead PTSD from having to listen to Nurmi for too long? :truce:

ABSOLUTELY!

And, I am not saying he's not. Just throwing it out there. My BIL was in law enforcement and he would never have let on if he was or wasn't. So it may not mean anything. That's just something I picked up.

:floorlaugh: That gold panning story was the wrong kind of story to tell as a reason to buy a gun after you killed your ex bf. Come on, how are jurors suppose to develop any sympathy for her! The lies were so insulting.

I predicted she would get on the stand because she is pathologically fearless, but I thought she'd be a better liar and tell a more convincing story. Her suicide stories with the advil and razor would make for a good SNL skit with a character like Jodi. Next, she could fling herself off two stair steps.

I agree Curious, insulting is putting it mildly, she may as well say she tried hanging herself with toilet tissue, I can almost picture the SNL skit. :floorlaugh:

JA is a coward, she would never commit suicide.

Hope I don't break a rule here, but has anyone else's libido suffered as a result of weeks of disgusting perverted testimony?

I also cannot order a strawberry frappuccino, maybe ever again.

Can you experienced WSrs tell me if I will recover?

(Tomorrow I am turning off both my phones during the trial. Can't stand interruptions.....ok, I'm certifiable)

JA said she put the knife in the dishwasher. Only reason to do that is if it was covered with blood. That image didn't stick in her mind?

Plus she had to be collected enough to start the dishwasher before she left (perhaps when she started the wash) or investigators would have found a blood covered murder weapon.

I'm not buying the "so traumatized I can't remember" fable. Not for a minute. It's just too conveniently selective mixed with deliberate calculated actions.

And no blood anywhere else in house, right? Maybe a smudge on washer? But none on stairs, dishwasher, door knobs...and she claims to have blood covered hands when she "comes to" driving in the desert. Only blood was in that bathroom/hall.

JA said she put the knife in the dishwasher. Only reason to do that is if it was covered with blood. That image didn't stick in her mind?

Plus she had to be collected enough to start the dishwasher before she left (perhaps when she started the wash) or investigators would have found a blood covered murder weapon.

I'm not buying the "so traumatized I can't remember" fable. Not for a minute. It's just too conveniently selective mixed with deliberate calculated actions.

And if her hands were still bloody when she "came to", there would have been blood on the dishwasher, bannister, door know, bedroom lock. The story is as full of holes as swiss cheese. No offense to swiss cheese.

I feel like a lot of the gaps or delays in Jodi's testimony today involved the conflict between her vivid true memories and her false story.

Also, there are so many lies here to be debated, I'm curious what people here believe the MOST IMPORTANT LIES are?

Right. My point is that she would have way too much freedom in prison with LWOP. Too much mixing, too many people to control and manipulate, to Jodi its a sociopath's paradise. She would adapt and really thrive in that type of environment.

If she doesn't get the DP then the next best thing would be solitary.

Or the rope she claims to have tossed into a dumpster somewhere near St. George (Utah). :what:

Why cut a rope that's too long? Seriously, there is no need to.

What I don't get is why the family is not given the option to absent themselves from the courtroom during explicit testimony!

Even when JM was showing those really awful pics, which I totally agree needed to be shown, it seems like TA's family should have had the option to leave before being subjected to material like that.

I have a feeling JM is going to go through each and every picture of the stab wounds and ask her if she remembers them now. JMO

Dawn Treader, thanks for the welcome.

I am a retired US Army Vet who suffers from PTSD. I had a very traumatic experience due to a gang rape. I have a serious problem with Jodi not recalling the most significant part of her proclaimed "self defence". It is true that your brain will block out portions of a traumatic event but you still would be able to recall certain elements of the event.

She remembers shooting him only because she had to explain where the gun came from but she cannot elaborate on stabbing him because she would have to admit that she brought the knife with her. It has already been establish that no knife from Travis's home was used in the killing.

BBM

:hug:

I love how Juan snaps at the Judge and tells her how an objection works. Yikes. "The way it works is I object and you make a ruling" or something like that.

Yeah, what a fireball, not a cowardly bone in that man's body. I cannot wait to see him in action.

As much as Nurmi annoyed me, I think that he may have had JA testify because that is what she wanted to do. A defense attorney told me (many moons ago), that you have to avoid over managing the client. That you work for them and if they want to testify, or insist on a certain juror, then that is that. I really think Nurmi was sandbagged by his client repeatedly. I don't like his style, but he's got crappy facts and a crappy client and a job to do. I bet he doesn't like her at all. jmo

Importantly, her ENTIRE purpose on the stand - the only reason they put her up there - was to prove self defense. At the point she could have proven it, she "forgot." There was not enough about self defense in the way she described it. We don't need her to prove the murder. She has admitted the killing. We have pictures and mountains of evidence as to what happened to him. Based on what we saw today, I believe it was worse for her to testify. She didn't serve her ultimate purpose. Her "pleading the 5th" through memory fog hurt her defense, not the prosecution case. The prosecution didn't need her to prove anything, but the defense needed her "memory" badly. Didn't happen.

But this is where the premeditation comes in, very important part of the case, how can they prove premeditation. According to her self defence. It will be extremely hard to prove premeditation. Her shooting, stabbing, , washing Travis, doing laundry, it was his gun, his knife, all of that that we know. It will be very hard to explain to a jury when she remembers nothing of that.

Did you stab him?
I cannot remember.

Why did you put him in the shower?
I cannot remember.

Why did you clean the crime scene taking the rope and gun with you?
I cannot remember.

Each answer will be same.
Mark my words.

And do not forget the jury does not know what we know.

I'm re-watching .. they don't show all the pictures that she is shown on the stand ... one thing I'm looking forward to Juan doing is showing in real time how fast the pictures were taken from the last one she intentionally took of Travis until the dragging shot. That makes the gun story a clear fabrication. I don't think a soul on the planet believed that today. Not one talking head I heard did, and someone usually pretends at least that she is saying something truthful. The only truths we heard were her actions after the crime.

Bring on 4:30am [our time] and Juan.

Did he say why it's not a good gun for self defense?

I have quite a few guns and multiple hand guns. The .25 semi-auto is too small a caliber to be an effective self-defense handgun. There is too much risk that if you shot an attacker that they could still be standing after shot and keep the attack on you going. You want "knock down" power. The .25 is way too small in this regard.

Sure, you can kill someone with it. But you would rather have a larger caliber weapon to help ensure the attacker is not standing after you shoot him.

ABSOLUTELY!

And, I am not saying he's not. Just throwing it out there. My BIL was in law enforcement and he would never have let on if he was or wasn't. So it may not mean anything. That's just something I picked up.

Do you know if there's some sort of "code" or language that's used to determine if another person is LDS? I am meeting many LDS people at the trial and when I ask "are you LDS too?" because I have questions about things I always feel like I'm somehow asking it using the wrong language.

Is this just me feeling awkward or is there another way of asking that's more appropriate?

I probably got that one totally wrong. I can see how she was referring to Travis in that now.

Can I plead PTSD from having to listen to Nurmi for too long? :truce:

But I would still use it as an excuse to talk to Flores. I know he has a wife, but a crush is a crush. :blushing::blushing::blushing::blushing::blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams