jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 8TH DAY #45 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

I seem to recall a talking head saying that in order to sell the self defense story they'd have to get her on the stand. I don't think he had much choice. JMO

I added an ETA to my post after you read it. I do understand why they had to put her on the stand. What else could they do no matter what defense strategy they went with? She was placed at the crime scene and there were photos. They had to come up with something.

But their presentation (mostly Nurmi's presentation...how often was Wilmott up there?), was pathetic and their client was not believable. I am curious as to who's strategy it was. Maybe she insisted on it and they had no choice, IDK, but it sure wasn't effective IMO. I think if she would have just confessed and put out a story of the "jilted lover gone temporarily crazy" from the get go she would have had a better chance of at least avoiding the needle. Maybe even a chance at parole (god forbid!), after 25 years or so. But after listening to her for the last four years, and especially the last couple of weeks, I really believe she's going down. I'm not blaming her attorneys for that. She pretty well did end up representing herself, simply because she just can't STFU.

NO way the gun "just went off". This gun is highly unlikely to fire even if dropped.[/QUOTE]

Re: BBM

I totally agree. There is no way it is the way she described it. She claimed she was on the ground wrestling with him and it went off. Total BS.

I think she carefully aimed it at him. Most people dont realize how hard it is to be accurate with a hand gun that small. Especially if nervous. IMO she was real close to him and carefully aimed it at his head.[/QUOTE]

Given the difficulty in aiming a small gun especially with allegedly no experience, wouldn't that make even more sense with what the ME said on testimony? If the gun shot was last, after he was dead or nearly so and not moving, she could get in whatever position necessary and no longer would have a moving target. JMO!

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

I probably got that one totally wrong. I can see how she was referring to Travis in that now.

Can I plead PTSD from having to listen to Nurmi for too long? :truce:

It is completely mind-Nurming, isn't it? :floorlaugh:

So will the cross-examination really begin tomorrow, or is Nurmi still presenting the defense?

Her finger isn't bent in this photo. She's a professional scammer.

It actually is... imv. This is a case of angle, foreshortening and lighting converging to make something appear to be a different shape than it actually is...

You can tell her finger has an awkward angle to it - and it's bent towards her so seeing it "head on" as in this photo, it appears straight (since it's not bending to either side).

Hope that explanation makes sense.

Personally, I am not unhappy that she has a permanently bent finger - a physical reminder of that day. It's meaningless in the grand scheme of things, but at least she wasn't unscathed completely.

I don't think her finger will have any importance in this case whatsoever... the most believable story about her finger is that it was injured while she murdered Travis (common for stabbings, I believe), and we know she killed him, stabbed him... so whatever. Bent finger - yep, she has one.
imv :)

But this is where the premeditation comes in, very important part of the case, how can they prove premeditation. According to her self defence. It will be extremely hard to prove premeditation. Her shooting, stabbing, , washing Travis, doing laundry, it was his gun, his knife, all of that that we know. It will be very hard to explain to a jury when she remembers nothing of that.

Did you stab him?
I cannot remember.

Why did you put him in the shower?
I cannot remember.

Why did you clean the crime scene taking the rope and gun with you?
I cannot remember.

Each answer will be same.
Mark my words.

And do not forget the jury does not know what we know.

Gas cans, non descript car, hair color change, gmas gun stolen => premeditation

Beyond that, premeditation can be a very brief deliberation - running into the closet and deciding to kill.

I appreciate all this gun expertise as I know zero zip nada about guns...in fact they totally freak me out. Funny how in a matter of seconds she was able to stand on a stool and grab and gun with a madman after her.

LIAR.:furious:

I have a tiny little Ruger LCP (among others hubby has). I hate to shoot it at the range. (I am not an expert, but I know my way around some guns.) The double action pull is so long, and so heavy, relative to other pistols, that it is always startling to me when I haven't shot it a while. It has a HUGE kick due to its size and short barrel, and my trigger finger is sore and fatigued after only about 3 shots (due to rubbing on the laser mount).

These little guns are NOT a picnic to target shoot-- not pleasant at all. Especially for women with smaller hands and less robust arms/ wrists (or less experienced in shooting).

Complete BS that a person who has no training at all would be able to grab a similar .25 and accidentally fire it-- let alone, believe that the owner would keep it loaded, cocked, and "un"locked on a linen shelf up high-- not in a box safe, and with no trigger lock. (Was there a magazine, Jodi? Or did the gun only have ONE round?)

Just another way Jodi has tried to smear Travis-- that he was an irresponsible gun owner, breaking AZ laws. While SHE tried to be a RESPONSIBLE gun owner (ROFLMAO), buying one to take on vacation gold panning. (REALLY??? That was the BEST story she could come up with??)

I very much agree on what they tried to do. If you felt like I did, it seemed to be a lot of build up to absolutely nothing. With her ability to lie so convincingly (in the media shows), I was absolutely shocked that with all that build up, it just kind of fizzled at the end. They lit a firework, only to find out it was a dud. We all sat waiting and no show. I think it had a lot to do with what others have mentioned - she was so into being on the stand and being in control that she just could not stick to the script. I think it was very hard for her to let Nurmi take the lead. She had to have control. It really hurt her. She got control by going off script. Hurt her case.

Do you think it would have went over better if they went over the murder first, so the jury knew there wasn't going to be a big payoff? Then the last thing they would be thinking about would have been some of the so called "Travis abuse", not "all that for NOTHING?????"

Do you know if there's some sort of "code" or language that's used to determine if another person is LDS? I am meeting many LDS people at the trial and when I ask "are you LDS too?" because I have questions about things I always feel like I'm somehow asking it using the wrong language.

Is this just me feeling awkward or is there another way of asking that's more appropriate?

Remember when JA was complaining when she could no longer fit her "?" on her abused finger? It was called a CTR ring, which means: Choose The Right ring… A Mormon ring. Do all Mormon's wear this, or only select group?
That *could* be a clue without being blatant??

As much as Nurmi annoyed me, I think that he may have had JA testify because that is what she wanted to do. A defense attorney told me (many moons ago), that you have to avoid over managing the client. That you work for them and if they want to testify, or insist on a certain juror, then that is that. I really think Nurmi was sandbagged by his client repeatedly. I don't like his style, but he's got crappy facts and a crappy client and a job to do. I bet he doesn't like her at all. jmo

I get that sense too. I am not a fan of his but I have seen far worse grandstanding defense attorneys. He isn't one..(except for his horrid distracting clothes). He is just boring and dull. I think that is just him. After seeing today's schpeel I think he is glad to be done with her and I don't even think he believes her but he has a job to do. Not a good sign when you practically have to treat your own client as a hostile witness because they are just going everywhere and anywhere with their testimony and not really answering questions.

Remember when JA was complaining when she could no longer fit her "?" on her abused finger? It was called a CTR ring, which means: Choose The Right ring… A Mormon ring. Do all Mormon's wear this, or only select group?
That *could* be a clue without being blatant??

I have never heard of that! I'll google it now..thanks!

K_Z wholeheartedly concurs with Mr. Nurse. (KZ is a former USAF officer.)

"Early models have a sliding bar safety that will not allow the pistol to chamber a round or *advertiser censored* the striker if the safety is not in the fire position when the slide is pulled back. Later models have a push up safety that will not allow the action to be cycled at all when engaged."

NO way the gun "just went off". This gun is highly unlikely to fire even if dropped.

Another example for peeps to see what what it looks like ...awww visual aides
picture.php

For some reason, when I listened to JA's phone calls with the detective, I remember thinking he was not Mormon. I think she made a comment about Mormons not drinking alcohol (or something like that) and he said, "Well, some of them." Of course, as a trained detective, he would be wise not to give out personal information so maybe he has just learned how to respond. But, FWIW, it gave me the impression he was not LDS.

In the interview with Det. Flores where she shares that she and Travis had a sexual relationship, she says (in what I thought was a flirty voice) basically "Keep this info on the downlow; he's MORMON". Insert <wink wink> His reaction (along the lines of the alcohol example) made me think he wasn't Mormon, as well.

It was a tough day today, I had a slew of mixed emotions. I didn't know whether to laugh at JA BS or to cry for Travis' family, I was torn for them.

I don't know if I would be able to maintain my composure in court, I tip my hat to you Katiecoolady, I don't think I could do it. Thanks so very much for all that you do, much appreciated. @}-->------

Good night everyone, :offtobed: so looking forward to tomorrow's cross.

My guess is she may not have flipped the plate until shortly before she got pulled over. She needed to be sure all evidence was dumped and/or burned first and I think around Hoover Dam she was still dumping stuff.

That Hoover Dam has for some reason been haunting me as a spot that is very close to where she dumped something.

I want to visit there so badly. I have seen pictures of it and saw the documentary of them building it. Fascinating and incredibly huge dam. I dont think most people realize how humongouse it is.

It is huge. Absolutely humongous.

I have weird vibes about the place too. But IIRC, after taking our kids there on a road trip to Lake Mead. I am pretty sure that there was no way to drop anything into the area NEAR the dam because of Homeland Security. They are worried about sabotage there.

But Lake Mead itself is huge. But pretty crowded.Even at night, when all of the drunken college kids are out around the lake area.

Gas cans, non descript car, hair color change, gmas gun stolen => premeditation

Beyond that, premeditation can be a very brief deliberation - running into the closet and deciding to kill.

Premeditation

In any order below.......

Running to get the gun and shooting him.
Shooting him and he doesn't die, and getting a knife.
Or stabbing him and he doesn't die and getting the gun.
Stabbing him in the back after he's stabbed in the heart.
Stabbing him in the heart after stabbing him in the back.
Going up to him and pulling his head back and slicing his neck open.
Shooting him in the head after inflicting all of the other injuries.

All of the above. Nothing else required. Fact is she also drove for days to get there with a gun she'd stolen days before and she snuck into his house at 4am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams