jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 9TH DAY #46 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So yeah. WOW. Court started, I lifted my pizza to my mouth, then Juan slapped Jodi with her dumb sister comment...he hit the ground running. I was mesmerised. By the time I took a bite from my pizza, it was cold.

Basically he's showing Jodi does NOT cower to men. If she acts like this to the prosecutor trying to put her in Death Row, we don't have to imagine how she behaved towards Travis.

IMO

Don't insult cold pizza!!!:seeya:

JC also gave VP her one-word synopsis of JA's testimony yesterday as: HONEST.

So there you go. :)

We should start a thread downstairs for one-word synopsis on JC.

Things would sure get descriptive there... :lipssealed:

True that! Kelly Siegler would have done a very similar cross...

OT---did you happen to read that kelly and johnny bonds (who wrote 'the cop who wouldn't quit' about the markham duff-smith case) are doing a new reality show where they try to solve cold cases? david wolfe is developing it with them.

the thought of kelly siegler going for jodi's jugular makes me smile, so thanks!

When I was a kid I needed glasses for distance. I took them off to read in school.

I'm in my 40's and need glasses for distance. I just wear them mostly when I drive, but I HAVE to to take them off to read. There is no way I can read anything with my glasses on. I can still see fine print - even at my ripe old age :great:

It appears that Jodi needs her glasses for distance (that is - if she really needs them at all. I personally think they are a prop). What I don't understand though - is why Jodi's glasses appear SO THICK! My lenses are very thin and have always been. My husband on the other hand has to wear his coke bottle lense glasses to read. He can see far away things fine.

i think Juan is getting frustrated; i hope he gets it a little bit under control. her little questions like what date was that? what issue? after he just stated the date or what the issue was---

I think even his frustration is needed. The jury needs to see it all.

Why does she take her glasses off to read? OMG! That's a first. Don't most people wear glasses to read?

I suspect she wears them so the camera can't get good close ups of her eyes and the lies of deception. I keep trying to see where her eyes are and the reflection gets in my way.

She has evil, shark eyes. She actually looks much more benign with glasses on. No way do I think that she needs them. They are a prop. Just like everything else in her life.

Isn't the the same journal she lied in and muses in it who would want to kill Travis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this the same journal she wrote about wanting to name her children "Iris" or "Victor" in honor of her deceased ex-boyfriend Travis?

This DELAY TACTIC is so obvious what Jodi and Nurmi were doing. She is playing dumb and Nurmi was stalling. The Judge needs to do her job and not allow Nurmi more sidebars on each journal entry. The whole journal is evidence already, so no more sidebars on it from Nurmi.

I think the jury realized Jodi was stalling and defense too. This will backfire on them if they keep it up.

Juan needs to stay focused and not get upset about it. His only real problem is he has a tough time sometimes explaining what he already knows is his point. He has to make us see his point and he struggles sometimes.

I agree, wish the judge would block them on this obvious delay and obstruct tactic. The DT new all of this beforehand and had plenty of time to review it.
Please your honor, just learn to say "No".

JA isn't 'holding her own'.

JM is letting her hold her own - sort of. I wonder if he'll thrust and parry in waves - giving her a false sense of confidence and taking it back, again and again.

She's going to get off her game and her lies will be exposed and emphasized and clarified. This is so fascinating...
jmv

Quick Synopsis: JM proved she called other people names, but applied a different standard to Travis.

JM proved she snuck around outside his house and peeked in his window at a time she said she had broken up with him and saw him with a girl and had to confront him about it. Again, different standard, she could date, he couldn't. (I may not have this quite right.)

JM proved she said she was always monogamous with Travis, but was with Ryan Burns before she supposedly knew Travis was dead (dates were involved), so that was not monogamous.

JM proved that Jodi lied about how her finger was hurt (she testified previously Travis kicked it). He proved she had told three different stories to different people about how it was hurt.

Her own journal entries between significant dates of supposed abuse by Travis indicated nothing noteworthy had been entered.

Jodi very passive-agressive, defiant, insolent.

Admitting her stalking ways shows that it was she who was obsessed with him, not vice versa. She was the one with an easy way out, not him.

I also thought it was really important when she admitted she could have walked away at any time.

She was the same way with defendant, Melanie McGuire! The woman who killed her husband, cut him up in pieces, put him in a suitcase and threw the suitcases in the Chesapeake Bay. Throughout the trial Jean referred to Melanie as being "LOVELY".

I've always thought Jinkasaurus was rather an odd duck anyway.

Why does she take her glasses off to read? OMG! That's a first. Don't most people wear glasses to read?

I suspect she wears them so the camera can't get good close ups of her eyes and the lies of deception. I keep trying to see where her eyes are and the reflection gets in my way.

DH and I both need glasses for distance but take them off to read. We are 64 and 63, respectively. There isn't one photo of Jodi wearing glasses (except in court) because they are nothing more than a prop to make her look sweet, shy, innocent. :moo:

Juan hopefully will catch his breath and compose himself. She is getting to him, he needs to not let her rile him up, remain calm, ride out her stonewalling. I think he realized that just before lunch.

When she reads, can he go back to his table and act like he's doing something else worthy of his time? Because she's spitting in his face by reading slowly on purpose just to pizz him off.

I don't know, this is not JM first rodeo, as they say. I would imagine he has come across Jodis' before. At least I hope so!!!

Did you order the Code Red?
I did the job I...
Did you order the Code Red?
You're G*****ned right I did!

Yeah, that's right, Juan is going to have his "Few Good Men" moment, I can feel it! It won't be Arias admitting to premeditation or anything like that but it will be an "ah HA" moment. Here's hopin!

this is what i've been hoping for all along. please let it happen!!!

Exactly. I often think what I would think of this case and others if I just listened to the media. So often, it is distorted from what really happened. Really, just turn it off. JM is doing an excellent job. At the end of the day, whatever happens, it won't be because he didn't pull through. I feel very confident of that. If you have one juror who holds out, that person was going to hold out anyway. JM has done an excellent, excellent job and will continue to do so. Travis' family and Travis have had the very best representation in this case. No doubt about it. I am so grateful for that. This is an important case that deserves nothing less than someone like JM.

Not a lawyer, but ITA. What has Juan achieved in less than 2 hrs?

* Shown her passive/aggressive side to the jury - disproved her DT coached submissive little victim
* Challenged her self-serving amazing memory
* Pretty well proved her stalking nature
* Disproved one alleged violent incident
* Caught her in several lies already

There are more but he's too fast for me! Now we await a sexy incident that probably didn't take place because she was at a baptism?

He has all the evidence he needs, and will wrap all that up at the right time. He is using his cross time to fracture any sympathy that might be in a juror's mind. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth