jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 9TH DAY #47 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to look at this from the jury's point of view.

They don't know Jody like we know her.

She might start to appear sympathetic .

Why is Martinez letting even the slightest chance ofArias to look picked on to happen ?

Again I really hope I am wrong

But aren't they seeing all WE have seen...her on the stand, her TV appearances, her interrogation?? What is missing?

I'm surprised honestly. I expected her to play the scared little female card. Were she a 'better' psychopath I think she might have. More capable of manipulation, I think I mean. :giggle:

Instead....she's just making absolutely certain anyone who has never experienced a psychopath before today now knows exactly how crazy it all really is.

Thanks, Jodi!

that's the one role she can't act though---the shrinking violet. she has to be on top at all times.

Okay I'm gonna say it... aside from the obvious double standard with the genders and how different this case would be if the victim were female/the murderer were male...

If the circumstances of this case were exactly the same, but JA physical appearance had her looking like the female version of Mr. Nurmi-- NONE of the people who are expressing concern or questioning Juan Martinez's approach or aggressiveness would be doing so. Not the talking heads, not trial watchers, nobody. Many of our sleuthers here wouldn't even make that an issue -- those are the same good folks who are able to embrace men as victims and don't view JA as "more worthy of a victim" because of her appearance.

I'm just saying, I see and hear a lot of comments about how Juan is "treating" poor JA that feed right into the defense strategy that she's a poor, sweet, frail little woman. That he's walking a fine line or crossing the line of what's acceptable in his approach questioning her. To be honest, I'm a little disgusted in that mentality. This is part of the problem, just like JVM and NG covering this trial with the big splashy headline "BOMBSHELL BEAUTY KILLS IN FATAL ATTRACTION MURDER!".

Justice should be blind. Small "attractive" women who commit crimes like this and fictitiously accuse their murder victim of the most heinous things possible without foundation shouldn't be afforded courtesy or society's pity. IMO.

Sorry but this just ticks me off..

society is what it is and views things how it views things. Right or wrong, fair or not. The jury is made up of parts of society. I haven't seen anyone worried about poor little sociopath. But how this cross plays to the jury is a very relevant concern. If THEY view it as him badgering her, it could affect their decision.

So yeah, it may be offensive that gender and attractiveness of victim and perp play a role in how people view this cross, but it is the reality we are living in. Therefore, IMO a relevant topic and concern.

I would find his style of interrogation ugly, belittling, smallminded, arrogant and argumentative even if he was conducting it with the likes of jeffrey dahmer. IMO it has nothing to do with JA. I simply find his demeanor crude, offensive and unnecessary. I csnnot imagine myself being anything BUT defiant if questioned in such a way, regardless of ehether i was telling the truth or lying. He reminds me of a little banty- rooster, who tjinks he is bigger than he actually is, snd pecking furiously at a worm in a demented way, when there is all kinds of rooster chow sitting right there for him in his food dish if he'd just quit acting like he has rabies. Jmo.

Juan's professional record speaks for itself.

watch her deny the obvious. She has the info in front of her and is still playing games.

Seriously?!?! WHAT is wrong with those two women? Anyone have an opinion as to why they behave in such a bazaar manner? Embarrassment? Denial? Can't figure them out.

I have wondered about their demeanor since the trial started. The fact that the mother is selling her "artwork" on eBay, she supposedly tried to hock those forged letters from Travis "discussing his pedophilia" and the smirking, casual way they conduct themselves really confuses me. It's almost like families of criminals who are also OK with breaking the law--kind of a contempt for the court, the lawyers, etc. & an acceptance of the crime. I'm NOT saying they are criminals--they just act with the same seeming casual-ness. :moo:

LOL Someone tweeted that she looks like a nearsighted cruise director.

Jodi's entire defense is hinged upon her convincing this jury that a naked,wet Travis came out of that shower, and was so frightening and threatening that she feared he was about to kill her. She had no choice but to slaughter him.

I think Juan is doing a great job showing the jury that this woman was not cowering, and frightened, and fragile. She is competitive, strong, aggressive and obsessively controlling.

I would find his style of interrogation ugly, belittling, smallminded, arrogant and argumentative even if he was conducting it with the likes of jeffrey dahmer. IMO it has nothing to do with JA. I simply find his demeanor crude, offensive and unnecessary. I csnnot imagine myself being anything BUT defiant if questioned in such a way, regardless of ehether i was telling the truth or lying. He reminds me of a little banty- rooster, who tjinks he is bigger than he actually is, snd pecking furiously at a worm in a demented way, when there is all kinds of rooster chow sitting right there for him in his food dish if he'd just quit acting like he has rabies. Jmo.

Um...What???!?

I have only recently started following this trial closely. I've had to play catch up to find out what she says happened and what the prosecution says happened. I do not know Jodi like y'all do. (now CA I can recite blindfolded. lol)

My impression of her on the stand today is that she is a game player, a major manipulator, and I'm sure the jury has to be seeing this. Her selective memory is astounding and the way she smirks and smiles tells it all.

thanks for sharing..this is good to know..you sound intelligent and rational....BUT there is no way to know if everyone on the jury is like you..that is the problem...having served on 2 juries i can tell you not all jury members are smart and rational..

I would gladly watch days and days of this because Travis was not a pedophile and making that clear to the world is just as important, IMO, as her ending up with the DP. Travis deserves to be remembered for the man he was and not the monster Jodi tried to make him out to be.

Juan is a champion for Travis. He won't mess this up.

ITA and this post says it all....

I'm going to puke.....why does anyone think Travis doesn't deserve to have a fierce advocate?? He's been accused of being a disgusting pedophile!! :furious: And JM is being too hard on his accuser?? Travis had his throat slit ear to ear. And JM should be gentler with the one who wielded the knife??

Maybe I'm wrong and all sympathy and compassion is with Jodi. I won't be that surprised, I guess.

From what I've read here about JM's style, it doesn't appear to me he is treating her any differently than others he has questioned.
He's won DP cases before.
JO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members