Jodi Arias; the sequence of events

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What do you believe were the sequence of events?

• Travis was stabbed, his throat slashed, and then he was shot

Votes: 464 71.2%
  • Travis was shot and then he was stabbed and his throat was slashed

Votes: 180 27.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's the point. But I still don't see how that could happen without tracking blood. The bullet is round. It would have rolled. It had no blood on the top or sides. Not seeing it.

Why would a kick by a foot cause the casing to roll any more than the kick by the gun when the gun was fired?

Keep in mind that, according to the blood spatter expert, the floor was covered in water. I can see how the casing could've easily been swept up in the water and ending up in one of the same places that blood was pooling.

The casing was to the left of where Josi said she was standing. The casing from a 25 automatic falls to the right when the gun is fired.

You always have a casing or two that are not where you would expect them to be. They don't always fall together. I've never shot a gun that all the casing were in one grouping.

Keep in mind that, according to the blood spatter expert, the floor was covered in water. I can see how the casing could've easily been swept up in the water and ending up in one of the same places that blood was pooling.

What was the point of the water?

Its the end of my work day, and what better way to relax than a little more crime scene reconstruction. :rolleyes:

Here's a more comprehensive attempt to pull together events immediately following the 'foot' photo. I've numbered the sequence to help clarify a scenario that seems to fit the evidence. See what you think....

Dave

Attachments

• Death scene 1F.jpg
    Death scene 1F.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 34
  • Death scene 2F.jpg
    Death scene 2F.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 114
  • Death scene 3F.jpg
    Death scene 3F.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Death scene 4F.jpg
    Death scene 4F.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 32
What was the point of the water?

JM seemed to imply during direct examination of the blood spatter expert that the water on the floor and lack of blood on the floor in the hallway was evidence that JA had wiped a "cleaning tool" through the hallway.

The blood spatter expert also basically testified that it was impossible to tell from the blood evidence on the floor where most of the blood was lost because of the amount of water on the floor and the way the blood and water pooled at various spots on the floor.

Its the end of my work day, and what better way to relax than a little more crime scene reconstruction. :rolleyes:

Here's a more comprehensive attempt to pull together events immediately following the 'foot' photo. I've numbered the sequence to help clarify a scenario that seems to fit the evidence. See what you think....

Dave

Dave, good stuff, as usual.

I'm still wondering whether the smearing on the wall could be from JA's own body smearing across the blood spatter on the wall as she starts to pull TA back to the bathroom.

And it still does not make any sense to me that JA moved TA closer to the bedroom in the 76 seconds between the last two photos if the blood had already pooled on the carpet and JA was trying to get TA back to the bathroom.

Dave
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Dave

I see the tile marbling, just don't know if tile is individually unique or it repeats it self.

Dave

Bravo, bravo, excellent work!!

This is very, very clarifying and illuminating - thank you for your excellent work! What a terrible ordeal TA had at the end, alas. :(

attachment.php

I'm still wondering whether the smearing on the wall could be from JA's own body smearing across the blood spatter on the wall as she starts to pull TA back to the bathroom.

And it still does not make any sense to me that JA moved TA closer to the bedroom in the 76 seconds between the last two photos if the blood had already pooled on the carpet and JA was trying to get TA back to the bathroom.

Dave, with regard to the above post, I see you are working under the assumption that TA has not sustained the final neck slash yet in the first bleeding photo, right?

How do you interpret the scene if, in fact, TA's neck has already been cut at that point?

Man, this board moves fast. Really hard to keep up! :tears:

There's been some discussion around the 'small' foot in the famous foot photo, and the awkward position its in for someone being knifed and, presumably still alive, fighting for his life. Perhaps we should ask the question: how did he get on his back?

I used to think that Travis may have been backing up while defending himself, and fell over backwards. Then Jodi circled around to continue the stabbing from above and behind Travis as he lay on his back. When she did this, she may have kicked or jostled the camera, which took the famous photo two seconds later.

Some number of seconds would have to elapse for: Jodi to reposition herself for continuing the attack, kicking the camera, and the camera auto-focuses. During that time, Travis apparently hasn't moved his foot appreciably. This may argue that Travis was in a very weakened state, perhaps even light headed and initially crumpling down, rather than back. This could account for his foot being in an awkward position.

Have you ever seen a boxer or MMA fighter take a shot to the head and getting partially knocked out? They can collapse in an awkward manner, can fall on their butt and then fall backwards on their back in that sequence. Their legs/feet may be in an unusual position after the fall.

Stay with me here...

The fighter in the ring is in survival mode, as he has a fight on the line, and he is programmed to try and get himself back up and keep fighting, even after being essentially knocked out and on the canvass. In semi-consious state, his instinct is to get back up, and the first thing he does is lift his head, fighting to get his bearings. Then, despite his awkward position (which he would only then be correcting), he turns himself over to his hands and knees and attempts to get back on his feet.

It can be rather sad to watch (unless you are big boxing fan), as the fighter is clearly out, but is still struggling to get up and keep going.

In much the same way, I see Travis in this photo. He has essentially fainted, loses his legs, and crumpled. He falls down and then back. But now that his head is at floor level and his fading circulation brings additional blood to his brain, he regains some consciousness. Jodi moves around to resume the attack (kicking the camera btw), and Travis lifts his head up like the stricken boxer, fighting to regain his bearing. Travis then attempts to get back up and escape by rolling over to his left and making it to his hands and knees while leaning against the wall. This doesn't last long, as Jodi is now stabbing his back and perhaps even pushing him back down to the floor on the carpet. Not hard to overpower a man so mortally wounded.

Jodi then decides to finish this thing.

Dave

Dave, with regard to the above post, I see you are working under the assumption that TA has not sustained the final neck slash yet in the first bleeding photo, right?

How do you interpret the scene if, in fact, TA's neck has already been cut at that point?

Hi RM,

I see the neck slash prior to the foot photo as unlikely based on the attached version, which provides the fullest view of Travis' head I've seen. In this view, I don't see anything supporting Travis' head under its center of gravity.

Human heads weigh 10-12 pounds, and that head should be flopping back to the floor if Travis is already dead or just had his frontal neck muscles severed.

Dave

Attachments

• Lightened version.jpg
    Lightened version.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 34

Thanks RM!

Not sure I follow. At what point do you see Jodi moving Travis closer to the bedroom? In the reconstruction, TA moves himself toward the bedroom prior to the coup de grace. I presume you are thinking about Travis being slashed on the tiles.

Another reason I don't think the neck slash occurred prior to the 'foot' photo is that there would have been massive blood spillage on the tiles. While I understand Jodi made some half-hearted attempts to clean up, I think the amount of blood on the tiles would have been unmistakable. And while transporting a massively hemorrhaging victim toward the carpet, I would think we would see a blood trail leading to the final bleed-out location. The scenario doesn't smell right to me and it is not as easy a match to the physical evidence, at least to my mind.

Dave

I apologize ahead of time but I simply am tuning in late to this information...

I haven't read much on Travis trying to DEFEND himself during these reenactments. I'm sure this has already been discussed at length and if you have a direction to send me in for this I would appreciate it.

To that end I ask, if a man this size was being stabbed by a small women, whether he was surprised or not, he would fight back. Especially since he KNOWS the size and abilities of this small woman attacking him.

Are there ANY photos showing blood in the shower?

What testimony has there been so far regarding the sequence of events. I see that there is a 'gun firsters' camp.

What other camps are there?

(I'm in the gun first camp).

Also, these photos that show one of her feet on each side is indicative to me of someone standing above their prey to finish them off.

I also haven't seen much written here about the cuts on his hand. As anyone who's ever had a deep cut just on a finger knows, that can create a whole lot of blood. She cut her hand as well didn't she?

Thanks RM!

Not sure I follow. At what point do you see Jodi moving Travis closer to the bedroom? In the reconstruction, TA moves himself toward the bedroom prior to the coup de grace. I presume you are thinking about Travis being slashed on the tiles.

Another reason I don't think the neck slash occurred prior to the 'foot' photo is that there would have been massive blood spillage on the tiles. While I understand Jodi made some half-hearted attempts to clean up, I think the amount of blood on the tiles would have been unmistakable. And while transporting a massively hemorrhaging victim toward the carpet, I would think we would see a blood trail leading to the final bleed-out location. The scenario doesn't smell right to me and it is not as easy a match to the physical evidence, at least to my mind.

Dave

What I'm getting at is TA actually moved closer to the bedroom in the 76 seconds between the last two photos, yet JA already appears to be in the process of pulling on both of TA's arms to drag him back toward the bathroom in the last photo. I guess this fits your theory if JA slashed TA's neck on the carpet between the last two photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487