Jodi Arias; the sequence of events

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What do you believe were the sequence of events?

• Travis was stabbed, his throat slashed, and then he was shot

Votes: 464 71.2%
  • Travis was shot and then he was stabbed and his throat was slashed

Votes: 180 27.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the recreation you see the floor first and then her foot, in our pic you see the foot and then the floor.

I think the difference is that the recreation had a wall in the picture whereas Travis' hallway and tile you can see in the picture went all the way down to the shower. But it is his foot. I thought it was blood, too, until it was mentioned in court. jmo

I think it went into the washer by mistake with all she was hurriedly throwing in there - she was half way home when she realized she didn't have it.

Hey SMK. I agree with you. Huge mistake. The camera was her downfall IMO.

Hi BW,

I have all of the pics saved and I use Irfanview to be able to enlarge, reduce colors, make negatives, etc. I still can't get the glare on the left reduced enough to make anything out, when I view it with edge detection I can see the 'foot' doesn't look much like a foot anymore, I'll upload both of the last two pics in edge detection so you can see what I'm seeing. I'll link when done.

Try looking at this black and white enhancement BW did. You can even make out space between the toes.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/5459/jodiariastrialpic11024x.jpg

As a 'hopeful photographer', you'd think she'd have known deleted pictures could be retrieved, but she doesn't even take out the memory stick, why not? She had time enough to check his voice mails and computer e-mails after clean up, why leave the stick in the camera?

She also found out who the lead detective was and called him the night Travis was found, and continued to call him, like she was putting herself right in front of him and saying 'Look at me!' from the first night. Maybe she's just starring her own warped version of 'The Jodi Show' but I think she's been trying to get caught all along, I can't explain her behavior any other way.

It doesn't make sense, for sure, but we are trying to understand her using logical minds. She is just that obsessive, in my opinion. She couldn't stand the thought of being marginalized by Travis, so she killed him. She couldn't stand the thought of being marginalized by his friends, family, and even the police, so she went out of her way to put herself front and center. The eighteen-page letter to Grandma should stand as Exhibit 'A' here -- who the heck does something like that, if not someone with a serious personality disorder?

Everything she did post Travis' death points to obsession, both with Travis and more importantly with herself. Even now, she cannot stand being marginalized. She magnifies every word she ever spoke to him, or him to her, as some kind of poetic masterpiece filled with meaning and symbolism. She claims an eternal love which all of us normal mortals are simply incapable of understanding, though she will condescendingly deign to allow us a glimpse via her ramblings. Even when what she says clearly points to an obsessive, unhealthy stalker-like attitude, she can't help but tell us about it, because that is the only way we will remember the only important thing in this case -- her.

As for the memory stick, SMK and BW0000 have posited that the pictures were not taken on that date and she intended to use them to discredit him with his family and friends. Whether that's true or not, I wouldn't be surprised to know that she left the stick in there -- perhaps subconsciously -- because she loved the idea of others seeing her naked, as well as the results of her handiwork with the knife. You can see how fascinated she remains with those pictures every time they are shown in court. It would be consistent with the NPD she almost certainly has, in that she would be unable to recognize the self-destructive qualities of her actions, being so intensely focused on herself and her desires. All :cow:

but dont those pictures show a time stamp that they were taking naked pictures
They do, but it might have been off time (happens with mine all the time) or manipulated by JA or by law enforcement (this also happens all the time).

Travis MAY have let her in and had sex with her on June 4 - but then again, there is a strong case to be made for his NOT doing so, still.....

I think he was able to inform the church and go on probation because he knew he no longer enjoyed the sex---JA had caused trouble and scared him and it was a major turn-off and bucket of ice water on his libido....

I don't think they had sex on June 04.

It doesn't make sense, for sure, but we are trying to understand her using logical minds. She is just that obsessive, in my opinion. She couldn't stand the thought of being marginalized by Travis, so she killed him. She couldn't stand the thought of being marginalized by his friends, family, and even the police, so she went out of her way to put herself front and center. The eighteen-page letter to Grandma should stand as Exhibit 'A' here -- who the heck does something like that, if not someone with a serious personality disorder?

Everything she did post Travis' death points to obsession, both with Travis and more importantly with herself. Even now, she cannot stand being marginalized. She magnifies every word she ever spoke to him, or him to her, as some kind of poetic masterpiece filled with meaning and symbolism. She claims an eternal love which all of us normal mortals are simply incapable of understanding, though she will condescendingly deign to allow us a glimpse via her ramblings. Even when what she says clearly points to an obsessive, unhealthy stalker-like attitude, she can't help but tell us about it, because that is the only way we will remember the only important thing in this case -- her.

As for the memory stick, SMK and BW0000 have posited that the pictures were not taken on that date and she intended to use them to discredit him with his family and friends. Whether that's true or not, I wouldn't be surprised to know that she left the stick in there -- perhaps subconsciously -- because she loved the idea of others seeing her naked, as well as the results of her handiwork with the knife. You can see how fascinated she remains with those pictures every time they are shown in court. It would be consistent with the NPD she almost certainly has, in that she would be unable to recognize the self-destructive qualities of her actions, being so intensely focused on herself and her desires. All :cow:

Good, thoughtful post, Sleuth5 and I agree, I also think she's just been trying to match wits and stand up to JM/LE, in her mind maybe all she thinks she has left is to be proud of the way she didn't back down, might make her better thought of on her cell block (should she not be isolated on DR, which unfortunately I think is likely).

Good, thoughtful post, Sleuth5 and I agree, I also think she's just been trying to match wits and stand up to JM/LE, in her mind maybe all she thinks she has left is to be proud of the way she didn't back down, might make her better thought of on her cell block (should she not be isolated on DR, which unfortunately I think is likely).

Not sure how unfortunate that would be given the circumstances, geevee, but I think you"re right about her posturing. In the end, I'm convinced she feels entirely justified in what she did, so she does not have to feign confidence. She figures he had it coming and got what he deserved. :jail:

They do, but it might have been off time (happens with mine all the time) or manipulated by JA or by law enforcement (this also happens all the time).

Travis MAY have let her in and had sex with her on June 4 - but then again, there is a strong case to be made for his NOT doing so, still.....

I think he was able to inform the church and go on probation because he knew he no longer enjoyed the sex---JA had caused trouble and scared him and it was a major turn-off and bucket of ice water on his libido....

interesting seems like if she were smart she would have made the time stamp for alot earlier date then. Trying to think of it with a logical mind and since she is not logical the two clash lol

interesting seems like if she were smart she would have made the time stamp for alot earlier date then. Trying to think of it with a logical mind and since she is not logical the two clash lol

• The time stamp may have been off kilter for whatever technical reason and she was unaware that those pics (which she deleted ) would be stamped 6/4/08.
  • Or the stamp may have been manipulated by her or police officers taking liberties for obvious reasons- maybe in an attempt to get her to confess.
  • Bottom line: Travis had become scared of her; had gone public and confessed to the church,, submitting to probation; had called 911 about tire slashing (it is on record) - the last thing he wanted at this point was to lay around naked with this woman, whom he now wished he had never, ever allowed into his life. I do not believe he let her in or had sex with her on June 4. As sure as her name is Jodi, she ambushed him. This is why she parked round the corner.

Um, let's please not get off track on some time stamp conspiracy theory. There is no plausible "off kilter" technological explanation possible. While it is technologically possible they could have been deliberately manipulated by either her or police, however, she has already admitted they took pictures that day and the accidental photos clearly wouldn't have been faked with time stamps, not even by police. Police already had her DNA and print at the scene, they didn't need the nude photos too. And there would be no advantage to her to insert fake time stamp nude pictures to that day, proving she was there. These are deleted pictures on a camera put in a washer. She had no idea they would be recovered. She was shocked when Flores told her.

This angle is a fruitless diversion.

Is it that some of you can't accept that he slept with her on that day? If so, you're not following the case very well. They had lots of fights and lots of makeup sex. It's completely likely and plausible they had sex that day.

I tend to think the pictures were taken when the timestamps indicate, if only because of JA's dyed hair (and the absence of any evidence that the photos were taken with a different camera -- TA's was brand new -- and/or tampered-with).

Um, let's please not get off track on some time stamp conspiracy theory. There is no plausible "off kilter" technological explanation possible. While it is technologically possible they could have been deliberately manipulated by either her or police, however, she has already admitted they took pictures that day and the accidental photos clearly wouldn't have been faked with time stamps, not even by police. Police already had her DNA and print at the scene, they didn't need the nude photos too. And there would be no advantage to her to insert fake time stamp nude pictures to that day, proving she was there. These are deleted pictures on a camera put in a washer. She had no idea they would be recovered. She was shocked when Flores told her.

OK, will keep it to myself - I still believe it though, and will continue to :furious::snooty: and it is actually VERY relevant to premeditation and other aspects, but henceforth my lips remain sealed.:furious:

Is it that some of you can't accept that he slept with her on that day? If so, you're not following the case very well. They had lots of fights and lots of makeup sex. It's completely likely and plausible they had sex that day.
This time it was different. His May 26 email and about 10 major factors prove so.:furious:

I tend to think the pictures were taken when the timestamps indicate, if only because of JA's dyed hair (and the absence of any evidence that the photos were taken with a different camera -- TA's was brand new -- and/or tampered-with).
I had noticed the dyed hair but it looked different from her latest dye job and I still held to my theory for many reasons. OK, I will drop it now.:moo:

OK, will keep it to myself - I still believe it though, and will continue to :furious::snooty: and it is actually VERY relevant to premeditation and other aspects, but henceforth my lips remain sealed.:furious:

Haha, more power to you then, SMK. But if you come up with something better on it, please share. :cheers:

I totally agree!

This time it was different. His May 26 email and about 10 major factors prove so.:furious:

It was definitely different for her, since it looks like the 5/26 spurred her plans. It was probably different for him too. She says he talked her into coming there, but I think it was she who talked him into it over his reluctance, just like she talked him into the shower photos. He was probably trying to be nice, maybe she was telling him it would be their final goodbye or for closure or something like that. Pat Brown talks about how that's a familiar story with jealous lover murders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousWhiskers