Jodi Arias; the sequence of events

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What do you believe were the sequence of events?

• Travis was stabbed, his throat slashed, and then he was shot

Votes: 464 71.2%
  • Travis was shot and then he was stabbed and his throat was slashed

Votes: 180 27.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is Flores and the creature

You will hear her say...this is his bathroom...she sees the bathroom. Put the foot pic too far down the hallway and you loose sight of the bathroom. There is that left hand jog from hallway to bathroom.

Jodi Arias Trial: Day 7 : Police Interrogation Video (No Sidebars) - YouTube
Start at 40:30 and listen for a couple of minutes.

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/7200/slide2730211946595free1.jpg

Save this pic and zoom in

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9548/foothand.jpg

I think this is the bathroom vanity. TA's foot pointing toward corner where little trash can is. Possible mirror (yes I'll say it, a hand) possible towel, and if you zoom far enough, the white blinds. What do you think?

Remember, she says it's the bathroom

I watched this entire video last night. So chilling. I had seen snippets of this video before, but had never watched the interrogation from beginning to end. Also, seeing JA's reaction to the video in court via the split screen was very interesting. It was as if she was reliving the day of the interrogation, showing the same emotions.

During the interrogation, it's as if JA wants to admit to everything, and is on the verge of doing so, but realizes she is going to be locked up for a long time and there will be no benefit to her in making a confession. I believe detective Flores should have let her talk more at certain points. He interrupted her several times when she seemed ready to say something. Also, I believe the detective could've pushed just a little bit harder and gotten even more details about what happenned.

In my opinion, JA makes up the intruder story so that she can convey some of the truth to detective Flores about what happenned without admitting guilt. It's obvious that she really wants to get something off of her chest.

I believe her description of the sequence of events in this video is the closest thing to the truth that we'll ever get out of JA.

I believe many pieces of the puzzle could be put together if we picture the man, the woman, and JA as three separate personalities of JA herself. The defense should've made this video the center-piece of an insanity defense.

Notice that this video provides strong support for the gun-first scenario. JA says the gun was fired as TA was crouched in the shower and as she was browsing through the photos. I think she was probably showing the photos to TA with her right hand when she pulled out the gun from her pocket with her left hand. TA probably never saw the gun and was almost completely incapacitated by the gunshot wound. He was able to speak a few words, asking JA to get help from the neighbors. He crawled out of the shower on his hands and knees, but he wasn't moving much and wasn't going anywhere. TA was yelling out in pain. JA was shocked that TA survived the gunshot wound. She probably panicked and ran down the hallway. She then decided to retrieve the knife from the bedroom or closet to finish TA off. TA was unaware that JA had fired the gun at him or that JA was about to finish him off with the knife. He was not able to do much at all after suffering from the gunshot wound.

JA described being shocked by the loud bang of the gun. If the gun didn't jam, she may have decided against shooting another bullet because of the noise factor. TA posed no threat and she thought he would die more quickly.

Notice that this video provides strong support for the gun-first scenario.

There is some support and some inconsistencies with the scenario.

JA shot TA as he was crouched in the shower and as she was browsing through the photos with the camera in her right hand. I think she was probably showing the photos to TA with her right hand when she pulled out the gun from her pocket with her left hand.

Yes, but she also said she was kneeling when it happened, correcting Flores, but then that would go against the trajectory angle. The gunfirst scenario assumes she was standing over him.

TA never saw the gun and was almost completely incapacitated by the gunshot wound. He was able to speak a few words, asking JA to get help from the neighbors. He crawled out of the shower on his hands and knees, but he wasn't getting very far. TA was yelling out in pain. JA was shocked that TA survived the gunshot wound.

This is consistent, but couldn't it also be consistent with getting stabbed in the heart or 9 times in the back?

She probably panicked and ran down the hallway. She then decided to retrieve the knife from the bedroom area or closet to finish TA off.

I think this is a problem, unless you assume she brought it with her. I think both scenarios need to assume she broth both weapons and had both weapons on her or very close by.

TA was unaware that JA had fired the gun at him or that JA was about to finish him off with the knife. He was not able to do much at all after suffering from the gun shot wound.

That's possible.

There is something significant in the interview she says that I believe points more toward knife first, when she says, "I'm not the brightest person, but I don't think I could stab him. I think I would have to shoot him continuously until he was dead."

I think there are a few motivations for her to use the knife. One, as she is trying to do there, to point suspicion away from her (there are some at WS who don't think she could have done it with a knife); two, because a gun is loud (she would eventually resort to using the gun because he wasn't dying fast enough for her); and three, and her strongest motivation of all, that she wanted to enjoy the action, and watch him suffer and for him to know she was doing it.

Yes, but she also said she was kneeling when it happened, correcting Flores, but then that would go against the trajectory angle. The gunfirst scenario assumes she was standing over him.

Not necessarily. I believe the argument of knife-firsters that the trajectory of the bullet may have changed course after ricocheting off of TA's skull.

That's possible.

There is something significant in the interview she says that I believe points more toward knife first, when she says, "I'm not the brightest person, but I don't think I could stab him. I think I would have to shoot him continuously until he was dead."

I think there are a few motivations for her to use the knife. One, as she is trying to do there, to point suspicion away from her (there are some at WS who don't think she could have done it with a knife); two, because a gun is loud (she would eventually resort to using the gun because he wasn't dying fast enough for her); and three, and her strongest motivation of all, that she wanted to enjoy the action, and watch him suffer and for him to know she was doing it.

Yep, I see that possibility.

Not necessarily. I believe the argument of knife-firsters that the trajectory of the bullet may have changed course after ricocheting off of TA's skull.

Well aren't most of you saying she was standing over him?

I do acknowledge trajectory can change, but then that takes away the downward trajectory as an argument for gun first.

Well aren't most of you saying she was standing over him?

I do acknowledge trajectory can change, but then that takes away the downward trajectory as an argument for gun first.

I personally think she probably was crouching next to TA, but then stood up before she fired the gun.

However, if she was crouched next to him when she fired the gun, their relative positions are still consistent with the trajectory being right to left, if not downward, depending on how JA held the gun.

OK, that's true. And not to help you too much, but the trajectory also depends on the position of his head. If his head is cocked or leaning one way or the other, it could get that trajectory it had no matter if she's standing or kneeling.

But remember, this also means it could get that trajectory even if he's on his back on the floor.

OK, that's true. And not to help you too much, but the trajectory also depends on the position of his head. If his head is cocked or leaning one way or the other, it could get that trajectory it had no matter if she's standing or kneeling.

But remember, this also means it could get that trajectory even if he's on his back on the floor.

Yep, that's true.

OK, there we have it the "Fugue Fog" defense. This is what they have her for. Jodie was in that" Fugue Fog" that set's in when you are NOT invited to Cancun.

The casing was to the left of where Josi said she was standing. The casing from a 25 automatic falls to the right when the gun is fired.

The casing was to the left of where Josi said she was standing. The casing from a 25 automatic falls to the right when the gun is fired.

The position of the casing after everything was said and done is not a good indication of where the casing landed immediately after the gun was fired.

The position of the casing after everything was said and done is not a good indication of where the casing landed immediately after the gun was fired.

Well, a lot of people say it could have been kicked there. But I think even if it were kicked it would still have some blood on it as there was blood all over the bathroom. I don't see how it could have been kicked and still remained shiny and pristine.

Well, a lot of people say it could have been kicked there. But I think even if it were kicked it would still have some blood on it as there was blood all over the bathroom. I don't see how it could have been kicked and still remained shiny and pristine.

How about if it originally landed on a dry part of the floor and then was kicked onto its final resting spot on the bloody part of the floor?

How about if it originally landed on a dry part of the floor and then was kicked onto its final resting spot on the bloody part of the floor?

Yeah, that's the point. But I still don't see how that could happen without tracking blood. The bullet is round. It would have rolled. It had no blood on the top or sides. Not seeing it.

One possibility is that it landed on a dry area of the floor when the bullet was fired. Days later, after all the blood was bone dry, TA's roommate entered the bathroom (passing through the closet to avoid the bloodstained hallway) and discovered TA's body in the shower. It is possible that he (or someone else who arrived on the scene early) inadvertently kicked the casing, and it rolled onto the now-dry puddle of blood.

I haven't seen any testimony suggesting there was dried blood on the underside of the casing. If it fell in a wet puddle of blood, there should have been dried blood residue on the side of it that was facing the floor. If it was kicked and rolled over the top of dried blood after initially falling to the floor in a clean spot, it would be clean and pristine on all sides.

Blood starts to clot pretty quickly and gets sticky.Could JA have put it there? She was pretty sure of herself.

One possibility is that it landed on a dry area of the floor when the bullet was fired. Days later, after all the blood was bone dry, TA's roommate entered the bathroom (passing through the closet to avoid the bloodstained hallway) and discovered TA's body in the shower. It is possible that he (or someone else who arrived on the scene early) inadvertently kicked the casing, and it rolled onto the now-dry puddle of blood.

I haven't seen any testimony suggesting there was dried blood on the underside of the casing. If it fell in a wet puddle of blood, there should have been dried blood residue on the side of it that was facing the floor. If it was kicked and rolled over the top of dried blood after initially falling to the floor in a clean spot, it would be clean and pristine on all sides.

Good point. I wonder what the condition of the casing was on the bottom.

the pic showed it dunked in blood no?

Yeah, but I thought you were saying that if the blood was dried when it was kicked it would be clean on all sides. Also, this was a very thing layer of blood it was laying on so I wouldn't say dunked.

ETA: that was weatherlady, but it was a good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor