Jodi Arias; the sequence of events

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What do you believe were the sequence of events?

• Travis was stabbed, his throat slashed, and then he was shot

Votes: 464 71.2%
  • Travis was shot and then he was stabbed and his throat was slashed

Votes: 180 27.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My question is......why would she sneak a notebook and sit on it for? I think she took so many notes that she wanted to memorize what the Dr. Samuels was testifing about.

That Baez is a clever guy. He said JA when being chased from BR went to closet option because she didn't want to be pushed down stairs...good thinking.The closet shelving was a none factor, the biggest trip not even reckoned with..

I hope that is sarcasm. If Travis was close enough to push her down the stairs, why was he not close enough to push her down off the shelf when she was reaching to get the gun? If he was so close that she might have been pushed down the stairs, how did she exit the closet into the bathroom and confront Travis in the bathroom. Did he stop when she went into the closet where he knew he kept "his" gun?

Oh but it was hemorrhagic, just not in the brain. The brain was apparently uninjured with well preserved and symmetrical cerebrum and the dura mater intact. The brain slides showed no signs of trauma.

But, he bled profusely through the frontal sinus wound into his nose and mouth. We can see it in the sink and the floor in front of the sink.

IMO

We also see he was still bleeding from the nose and mouth after she turned the shower off (see photos of him still in the shower), I don't think you'd get that bleeding still if his cough spatter on the mirror was because of blood in his lungs, much more likely it was coming from his sinuses/mouth.

So you guys are saying that if you were stabbed you wouldn't care what the amount of damage was to go look at it? You would only want to see the injury if it was a gun shot wound? well okay then...

And if the person that just shot or stabbed me was still in my house at all I wouldn't give a crap enough about my injury to go stare at it in a mirror. You're instinct would be to save yourself and get out of there, not to go check yourself out. The fight or flight response to an emergency situation doesn't work that way people. That curiosity phase and tending to your wounds occurs after you are sure you are safe. Each of you have admitted that the sink was close to the shower. He could have simply fallen over and the sink caught him and he used it to get up. Or JA could have been attacking him after he fell on it, etc. Again, all conjecture. But I'm pretty damn sure that in the middle of attack no right minded person is going to go check out his injury while still being attacked and/or the perp is still in his house. :banghead:

Simply fallen over the sink? That is a stretch for me. If I received a wound to my face and the assailant backs off...the first place I am going is to see the damage done before running down the hall.

Simply fallen over the sink? That is a stretch for me. If I received a wound to my face and the assailant backs off...the first place I am going is to see the damage done before running down the hall.

The sad thing-I don't believe the assailant backed off. But if it was me, I doubt I would be checking myself out----I would be calling 911 if I could get to a phone. I could check the damage after the paramedics got done we with me if I survived.

I hope that is sarcasm. If Travis was close enough to push her down the stairs, why was he not close enough to push her down off the shelf when she was reaching to get the gun? If he was so close that she might have been pushed down the stairs, how did she exit the closet into the bathroom and confront Travis in the bathroom. Did he stop when she went into the closet where he knew he kept "his" gun?

Clever because I didn't think of it. Yes Baez is wired different but he gets paid to formulate bs...

So in the 60 some seconds of the attack, JA had time to shoot him, stab him 29 times and slit his throat from ear to ear, and also back off enough that TA thinks its safe to look at his wounds? alright...

and how is falling over a sink that's only a couple feet away from the shower or would be exactly next to you if you outside of the shower. Falling during an attack isn't odd. You're suggesting TA didn't fall at all? There were many bruises on his legs consistent with falling, dragging, or other injuries.

and I don't think you'd truly know what you would do in a high stress situation like that. And I hope you wouldn't do what you said because you'd probably end up getting killed.

Does anyone have any idea why Jodi would take a file and sit on it? I saw that on HLN and found it suspicious

I seen that also. She was trying to be so sneaky and she knows darn well that there are mulitple cameras in that room. I have no idea what she was thinking.
:jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail:

I seen that also. She was trying to be so sneaky and she knows darn well that there are mulitple cameras in that room. I have no idea what she was thinking.
:jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail:
Yes you have to think it was a defense folder so why hide it. i hope her attorneys watched hln last night and saw that

In my opinion, almost all of the evidence points to the gunshot coming first except the ME's testimony that TA would not have been able to sustain his defensive wounds after suffering from the gunshot wound. Some experts believe the ME is wrong, And so do I.

To me, the most compelling evidence of the gun delivering the first blow is the sequence of the photos when viewed according to their time stamps. I believe just by looking at the photos you can see that JA was not ever threatening TA with a weapon all of the way through the last accidental shower photo. Yet, 44 seconds after the last shower shot, JA snaps the bathroom ceiling photo. And 62 seconds after the bathroom ceiling photo, JA has inflicted all of the stab wounds on TA, including the final neck slash.

Now look at TA's position in the last shower photo. JA is holding the camera in her right hand. She has not yet threatened TA with a weapon. As she moves in for the kill, which weapon is she most likely to use?

I believe it has to be the gun, for all of the reasons I mentioned previously.

I think also that the limited number of defensive wounds points to him having been injured before the stabbing started - unless she had delivered the heart bliow first, which I don't think she could achieve a position that allows her to get the knife into his chest while he is still in the stall and able to defend himself. Remember, she is left handed, how does she wield the knife to make that wound while she has the shower door on her left and the side wall on her right?

Your interpretation of the the trajectory and anatomy is off a little. The bullet path is a very steep angle. It passed through the Frontal Bone and into the R Anteriotr Fossa (no way it did not hit the Frontal Lobe as the Frontal Lobe takes up all of the area behind the forehead and above the eyes). It then re-enters the facial skeleton at midline, which would be the Ethmoid Bone and continues until it lodges in the left cheek. It only traveled through the facial skeleton upon exiting the R Anterior Fossa. It did not travel through the R Frontal Sinus, that is a different structure than the R Fossa. The path is down and back into the skull a bit. I don't know where you get that it moved away from the brain and through the Frontal Sinus Cavity. You are trying to use one statement about the Dura Mater to totally twist what was said about the gunshot. It is physically impossible for the bullet to travel the path he describes and not pass through the Dura Mater and the Brain. The report is sectioned into two parts: the description of the injuries and the General Examination. If you will look at the section concerning the Nervous System the very first sentence separates the previously described injuries from the rest of the examination.
It did pass through the right frontal sinus (and left obviously) to get to the left maxillary. He said it did in his testimony. And yes, we are aware that the anterior fossa and the sinus are completely different structures.

Prosecutor (JM): And that gunshot wound that we are talking about did it go through the mouth or not?

ME: It goes above the mouth, its in the sinus structure, so bleeding out of the mouth is certainly possible.

Prosecutor (JM): And it ended up in the left cheek

I think also that the limited number of defensive wounds points to him having been injured before the stabbing started - unless she had delivered the heart bliow first, which I don't think she could achieve a position that allows her to get the knife into his chest while he is still in the stall and able to defend himself. Remember, she is left handed, how does she wield the knife to make that wound while she has the shower door on her left and the side wall on her right?

True but she did say she also writes with her right hand so she could have easily stabbed with her right hand. For example my daughter is right handed but for some reason she does alot with her left hand.

I was just curious-what exactly is your take/conclusion about JA's outcome about the trial.

Guilty verdict
Sentencing
Worst of the worse....death
Serial killers, mass murderers, repeat offenders.....life no parole
JA......confessing to crime should matter,20-30 with parole considerations

The gunshot trajectory tells the story if we let the evidence speak for itself.

It is from top to bottom. That means she is standing above him when he is shot. It is from right to left. That means the right side of his head is exposed to her. The wound has no stippling or gunshot residue. That means the gun is about 2 feet away , or more, from his head.

The last shower picture of him sitting in the shower, with his back to the closet wall, his right side facing the bathroom, meets all 3 of these criteria.

There is no high velocity gunshot blood spatter found in the bathroom. That also supports he was shot in the shower.

The bullet casing is easily a non issue due to the moveable crime scene. However, it is located in the correct quadrant of the bathroom to have been ejected from a gunshot at the shower. It is not in the correct part of the bathroom to support her scenario of shooting someone lunging at her out of the closet [HLN demo].

Finally, if we picture her standing above him and outside the shower door, we can picture how it would be impossible to create that wound with her right hand because with her right hand directing the gun, it would have gone into his head at a different angle. The shower abuts the closet wall. There is no room to move her right hand into the proper position of that shot if she is standing, facing him sitting in the shower. Therefore, we can deduce she shot him with her left hand as she stood above him outside the shower door, and then snapped a picture with the camera in her right hand, probably by mistake.

It's hard to recreate that trajectory if he is lying down.

IMO

oh.my.word. Casey Anthony's jury did the right thing?

And now I understand everything about why you have the opinions you do.

No. You don't understand anything. I didn't tell you how I felt about the case. I just said I saw it coming and I wasn't surprised. Juries are not going to sit around and speculate about things the way we do. They are not a lynch mob. It usually doesn't matter to them if they like or dislike the person. They want hard evidence no matter how they might feel personally about the person's guilt or innocence. The State has to meet its burden of proof.

I'm not going to argue it with you.

The biggest thing you don't understand is that I am on your side.

IMO

It's what we've been talking about for the last 20 pages or so. The ME on the stand disagreed with his own autopsy report, imo. What you have reported there is what he said on the stand. He's calling this head wound fatal. He says Travis would not have been able to defend himself after receiving this shot to the head. Even though in his autopsy report he says Travis died of stab wounds and the brain was not injured.

He seemed to contradict his own autopsy report with his testimony on the stand.

IMO

No he is not contradicting his report. You are misinterpreting what the reports says and what he stated in his testimony. He did not say that it would be immediately fatal, but that it would eventually be fatal, just like the stab to the Vena Cava. He also said that the injury to his brain from the gunshot would have rendered him unable to defend himself, as is obvious he did from the wounds on his hands. Saying that the gunshot to the head would eventually be fatal and that the stab and throat cutting wounds lead to a quicker death is not contradicting himself.

No he is not contradicting his report. You are misinterpreting what the reports says and what he stated in his testimony. He did not say that it would be immediately fatal, but that it would eventually be fatal, just like the stab to the Vena Cava. He also said that the injury to his brain from the gunshot would have rendered him unable to defend himself, as is obvious he did from the wounds on his hands. Saying that the gunshot to the head would eventually be fatal and that the stab and throat cutting wounds lead to a quicker death is not contradicting himself.

Talking about the autopsy report, not his testimony, he says cause of death is from sharp trauma [knife wounds] to the neck and chest. Gun wound is not mentioned as cause of death.

Also, if he wanted to tell us that bullet went through the brain, he could have done that in the autopsy report. He didn't. In fact, he said just the opposite--brain uninjured, no signs of trauma in slides.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member