Jodi Arias; the sequence of events

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What do you believe were the sequence of events?

• Travis was stabbed, his throat slashed, and then he was shot

Votes: 464 71.2%
  • Travis was shot and then he was stabbed and his throat was slashed

Votes: 180 27.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but then you still have a crime scene.

She could have stabbed him in his sleep, too.

But, I hear what you're saying, there's a reason she chose the shower.

Can you think why she would use the shower?

Instead of shooting him or stabbing him in his sleep?

Otherwise, you are bolstering her argument--spur of the moment attack by Travis.

IMO

I think she needed him to shower first because she had left some of her DNA on his body. They were sleeping next to each other naked in bed for hours, so either they had sex or they just had some physical contact. But she needed him to wash in the shower before she left, imo.

All good points; Yes, when young people are broke, they do look for things to sell , in my youth i had a BF who was always selling off stuff when broke...... let me take time to digest all of it..:waitasec:....nothing in this case is set in stone, except that she did kill him.......

I think his laptop and cell were in his office...in my theory, she was planning to take these to indicate home robbery, but when the knife thing went haywire, she lost her plan.....

Your (1) : I think Travis was the only man she wasn't really using: I think she worshipped him and just really did want to marry him.
(5) not sure what you mean? She didn't want his friends to know she was coming? But how would they know anyway? Please clarify. ;) thanks

Addendum: So in your theory, she was trying to win him back, and the murder occurred spur of the moment when he rejected her??? hmmmmmmmmmm

(5) I could be wrong or missed something but did not hear anyone say they knew or Travis told anyone JA was coming on June 4th for a visit.. No one (roommate) mentioned seeing her car in the driveway that day; roommate seemed to be confused about the last day he saw Travis early in the morning from his statement..

In my theory I think JA intended to 'try' and win him back by sneaking back into AZ and/or a surprise attack IF Travis wasn't accepting of her; the prosecution is Not denying they had sex that day (photos time stamp) bc they cannot prove otherwise.. just like with the photo alleged poses in the shower; some believe were posed while others (me) do not believe he was...

I do believe JA had murder on her mind/subconsciously (if I cant have him, no one will) and it would still be premeditated if something set JA off by a text or email After Travis expected she left and he took the shower..
IMO JA definitely planned this trip to go a certain way, before during after in her crazy mind; reality could have changed her grand plan is why the defense is claiming was a sloppy cover up.. so we have to weave in her 'stories' to attempt to figure her out.. it's like stepping into the psychie of a stalker and this one is a huge task for a somewhat normal minded person to fathom ;)

MOO

Here you go! :)

For these reconstructions of the murder photo, I adjusted the position of Jodi's foot to match the tile grout lines and added an image of Travis' on his back. I added your scenario (scenario 1) to compare with the state's scenario that the big foot in the foreground is Jodi's right foot.

I like your scenario (big foot in foreground is Jodi's left foot), in that it give us something to trigger the camera: either by her right foot kicking it, or her right hand snapping it. When I was drawing this reconstruction, I had a brief chill up my spine that Jodi may have actually deliberately snapped the photo. But if she wanted to take a photo of the murder in progress, it seems she could have had a more direct angle than this rather awkward angle. She may have accidentally snapped the photo with her right hand, but I'm still not there yet that she would be hanging onto that camera while committing a brutal, very physical, unplanned knife murder.

On the other hand, with the state's scenario (big foot in foreground is Jodi's right foot), there is nothing to trigger the camera. It does appear odd that the camera is just sitting back by itself, watching the murder, and then decides to click off a very damning photo on its own. I do, however, like the positioning of Jodi's feet around Travis' body while she inflicts her mayhem upon him. Reenacting the feet positioning, it looks like a very natural placement for balance and leverage to execute a stabbing upon someone struggling on his back.

What do others think????

Dave

Awesome, thanks Dave. Even though it makes sense to me that it's her left foot in the photo based on some part of her having to trigger the camera in that photo, I can be convinced otherwise if the camera truly could've snapped such a photo from the ground as a delayed reaction to JA bumping the camera with get right foot AND especially if the stripe on her jeans was positively only on the outside of her pant leg. I'm still not sure whether the angle makes sense and is consistent between the last two photos, which still makes me wonder if it was on the ground.

Do we know for sure that that us actually a stripe on her pant leg and not some artifact of the photo enhancement? I don't think a stripe is visible at all in the original photos.

Thanks again for the reconstruction though.

And how about one more: can you depict where you think the camera is in the last bleeding shot? It would be interesting to try to figure out how that last photo was triggered.

If she had taken the camera with her, and not left a bloody print and hair, she would have gotten away with it...

No, i don't think she would have gotten away with. All of his friends pointed to psycho Jodi immediately, even in the original 911 call. They qoul have still diacovered all of the elements of premed, including the stolen gun of the same calibre, and she still would have gone missing for hours on her road trip right at the time of his death.

Awesome, thanks Dave. Even though it makes sense to me that it's her left foot in the photo based on some part of her having to trigger the camera in that photo, I can be convinced otherwise if the camera truly could've snapped such a photo from the ground as a delayed reaction to JA bumping the camera with get right foot AND especially if the stripe on her jeans was positively only on the outside of her pant leg. I'm still not sure whether the angle makes sense and is consistent between the last two photos, which still makes me wonder if it was on the ground.

Do we know for sure that that us actually a stripe on her pant leg and not some artifact of the photo enhancement? I don't think a stripe is visible at all in the original photos.

And how about one more: can you depict where you think the camera is in the last bleeding shot? It would be interesting to try to figure out how that last photo was triggered.

This picture more clearly shows the stripe on the pant leg. It is blue and you can see the thread running along it where the cuff is sewn. The stripe was definitely on the outside. I never ever seen pants with a stripe on the inside of the pants. Most have had these kinds of pants, the sporty lounge pants with the stripes on them. Jodi even mentions in interrogation that she had two pairs of pants with stripes on the sides and runs her hands along the outside. This decorative stripe would not be on the inside of her pants leg.

http:///wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Jodi-Arias-trial-pic-1-1024x673.jpg

Pants stripes, like on the ones in the photo, are always on the outside. They're sporty type pants. I think there's even a MySpace picture of Jodi wearing them. This is likely her right foot based on the stripe on the pant leg.
That is exactly what had me assuming it was her right leg. I think with the angle of the shot her pinky toe looks larger than the rest. Most of the big toe is hidden d/t angle of the shot.

Oh, I don't think she would have had that much trouble. She is apparently pretty strong, and I can believe that she could have drug him out to the car and placed him in the trunk. It makes a lot of sense, actually -- if he dies in the shower when you shoot him. When he didn't, she knew she couldn't get him out of the house without making a huge mess -- not to mention the evidence she was bound to drag into the rental car.

My wife weighs 100 pounds, and I've seen her move things twice her weight. I wouldn't be surprised if JA felt she could handle it. Not that she could have, though. My wife isn't so sure she could put him in a trunk, but we aren't going to test the theory. :cow:

She would have had to wrapped him in something. People don't tend to just drag dead, naked bodies out of a house.

It's definitely the outside of her pantleg. It's not an artifact.. It's too perfect and Jodi admits it's her striped pants. Can you find a pair of pants with strips on the inside?

Keep in mind the photo was upside down so the camera was too. It's possible that was when she actually dropped the camera.

Yeah but then you still have a crime scene.

She could have stabbed him in his sleep, too.

But, I hear what you're saying, there's a reason she chose the shower.

Can you think why she would use the shower?

Instead of shooting him or stabbing him in his sleep?

Otherwise, you are bolstering her argument--spur of the moment attack by Travis.

IMO

Really, anything she did could be just because she wanted to do it that way, really. Maybe she had to work up her nerve first. I am looking at the shower as a vulnerable position, but sleep is also vulnerable. The thing is I don't even know if she got there when she said she did. There is no evidence of that. They may not have even slept. Too many mysteries to say for certain anything happened the way SHE said it happened. I think she is lying about the entire self defense story, and the thing she did in that instance. So, why believe her about anything she said happened?

(5) I could be wrong or missed something but did not hear anyone say they knew or Travis told anyone JA was coming on June 4th for a visit.. No one (roommate) mentioned seeing her car in the driveway that day; roommate seemed to be confused about the last day he saw Travis early in the morning from his statement..

In my theory I think JA intended to 'try' and win him back by sneaking back into AZ and/or a surprise attack IF Travis wasn't accepting of her; the prosecution is Not denying they had sex that day (photos time stamp) bc they cannot prove otherwise.. just like with the photo alleged poses in the shower; some believe were posed while others (me) do not believe he was...

I do believe JA had murder on her mind/subconsciously (if I cant have him, no one will) and it would still be premeditated if something set JA off by a text or email After Travis expected she left and he took the shower..
IMO JA definitely planned this trip to go a certain way, before during after in her crazy mind; reality could have changed her grand plan is why the defense is claiming was a sloppy cover up.. so we have to weave in her 'stories' to attempt to figure her out.. it's like stepping into the psychie of a stalker and this one is a huge task for a somewhat normal minded person to fathom ;)

MOO
I think Travis probably - even if he invited her to come- wouldn't want anyone knowing, and would have kept it private...

Yes, I can imagine maybe his going into the shower, and her coming across a text or email he had sent to Mimi, maybe something like, "Am seriously looking forward to Cancun. I respect that you want to go as just friends, but I'm still holding out hope we can be more one day"---argh, who knows---then her going ballistic......

But say she really was not wanting to kill him, but hoping she could win him back: Why the rental car, dyed hair, cell phone turned off, gas cans? How would this help conceal her from his friends? Unless she really thought they would see her in town, getting gas, etc? Is this what you mean? Why the turned off cell, though?

I don't believe her at all about the sequence of events that morning...she says she got there at around 4 am and since they were tired they went to bed till around 1 pm and then had sex...but someone posted the other day that the story is suspicious fopr many reasons but one has to do with the photos on the bed....so, they mad the bed after the nap and then had sex on the top of the comforter??

That is exactly what had me assuming it was her right leg. I think with the angle of the shot her pinky toe looks larger than the rest. Most of the big toe is hidden d/t angle of the shot.

I think her pinky is stepping in a small pool of blood so it just looks larger.

Sweat pants in the summer; dressed to kill.

I think Travis probably - even if he invited her to come- wouldn't want anyone knowing, and would have kept it private...

Yes, I can imagine maybe his going into the shower, and her coming across a text or email he had sent to Mimi, maybe something like, "Am seriously looking forward to Cancun. I respect that you want to go as just friends, but I'm still holding out hope we can be more one day"---argh, who knows---then her going ballistic......

But say she really was not wanting to kill him, but hoping she could win him back: Why the rental car, dyed hair, cell phone turned off, gas cans? How would this help conceal her from his friends? Unless she really thought they would see her in town, getting gas, etc? Is this what you mean? Why the turned off cell, though?
I think she planned to kill him from the getgo and took all the steps to plot and conceal her trip into AZ. I also think that if he said he had a change of heart and wanted her to go to Cancun with him she would have cancelled her murder plans. I think she left the house and came back and killed him.

image 2 flesh gap.jpg

Hope this works. Just wanted to point out that what some are seeing as a "flesh gap" are actually grains from the camera from being retrieved from the SIM card. I hope you can see the arrows I drew. The red arrows show the initial gap some are seeing and the white arrows show the other gaps in the picture.

Actually the boot is a different angle than her foot. Her toes are pointing more towards Travis and we can see her heel. The boot is pointing to the right.

I can see her foot pointed at a 45 degree angel towards the right wall and what we are seeing is not her heel but her foot and toes. I am seeing what the demo is showing.

Actually the boot is a different angle than her foot. Her toes are pointing more towards Travis and we can see her heel. The boot is pointing to the right.
That's what I see, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member