Jodi Arias Trial discussion, #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She totaled his car! The BMW...and he handled it great! Only asked her to pay $100 a month!

But he was going to KILL her over a camera?

It's laughable!

Interesting. I didn't know that. Do we know whether he owned or leased the car?

I think the dude she saw after TA is shady....very

Since i put the gross pics of him dead in the shower yesterday well this morning(thanks for the copycats that tried to put them and said they found them), for respect to the family...i think we should take a minute here and think that could happen to us...our kids,,,friends ...loved ones.....i think we need to stop a little bit from this case and just....

48 Hours Question:

CBS "48 Hours" did an episode on this case some time ago but I can't find it on their website. Does anyone know where I can locate it on the Internet?

Thanks!

Can't be found anymore online, as far as I know. Why? I believe they had to pull it because that was made before she had admitted to being the person who killed him.

The first we heard that she admitted to killing Travis was in opening statements. She never, to my knowledge, admitted this to police. As to the rest, this is a very comprehensive, excellent article which includes a timeline: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/29/jodi-arias_n_1174274.html

My guess is that she didn't want to drive away with any evidence in her hands. Not even for a moment. But it sure doesn;t make sense.

In any event, I'm sure glad she didn't take the darn card! Criminals are so dumb. They usually overestimate their own intelligence in relation to everyone else's.

I think she must take the stand to present evidence of self defense. But I have a feeling her very vocal sister will get on the stand and lie her pants off about what she has witnessed (bruising, fear, etc.). She may have other relations take the stand and lie like mad as well.

I don't see her sister in the audience which is probably a good indicator she will testify.

I kind of think she has to here. I mean, she can have witnesses testify that she discussed being abused but when it comes to fear of imminent harm at the moment Travis was killed, unless someone besides the murderer and victim were there, jodi has to testify: http://www.azfamily.com/news/Expert...es-Jodi-Arias-Defense-Strategy-186051422.html

Yeah, that's the thing, I don't watch Nancy Grace. But I do watch a lot of trials and I have read a lot of books, and have researched criminality and psychopathology and sociopathology. Only a person who is devoid of normal, human empathy and emotion can brutally murder someone and then go dry hump another guy the next day and calmly and coldly lie about their actions in flip conversations with detectives, five days later.

It's not rocket science. Her behavior evidences what she is.

Many people have been in your position. (I also have had horrible heartbreak though it's never made me want to hurt someone). But the facts thus far in this case do not show evidence that jodi arias was a heartbroken mess of a woman who drove, sobbing to her ex boyfriend's house where she, what, are you saying that when she got their she flew into a passionate, desperate rage and suddenly killed him because her grief (and possible other issues) drove her to murder?

First, there is evidence that arias faked the theft of her grandparent's gun, one week before the murder, the same caliber gun that was used to shoot Travis.

Two, there is evidence that she drove 90 miles to rent a car, which she then flipped the license plates on, instead of using her own car, to drive hundreds of miles to see Travis. This show premeditation and that is not the conduct of a sobbing, out of control with heartbreak person.

Third, there is evidence that jodi, after savagely murdering Travis, went to another guys' house the next day and calmly dry humped him. After dying her hair. Don't you think that a person who was not simply evil, but instead was driven to murder due to unbearable heartbreak, would be incapable of calmly dry humping some guy the very next day?

And what about her bizarrely emotionless and cold interviews with detectives in the days just following the vicious murder. Does that evidence a person so sodden with heartache that they lost their mind and snapped or does it evidence an evil, methodical person who is glad they did what they did and doesn't believe they will ever get caught?

Well, Mary Winkler said she was abused and a jury believed her. I'm not sure I do, though. At least not to the extent she was and certainly not on the day she shot him in his sleep.

Thanks gitana. The Huffpost article indicates that JA's sister posted on FB that JA lied on 48 hrs and that she killed TA because of abuse! Nowhere in the article is it indicated that JA confessed. Could this be what helped prompt her arrest (JA's)?

Chris Coleman killed his two sons and wife because the Ministries he worked for would fire him if he got a divorce to marry his mistress. He wanted to keep his important security job.

Travis took a big risk taking sexy pics with Jody. He apparently trusted her more than he should have. I'm surprised Jody didn't try to blackmail him. He was in good standing in the church and on the job. She could have sent those pics to everybody, but she decided to go see him and hold a knife to his heart. She didn't want to just hurt him, but destroy him.

She also could have moved on from her relationship with Travis and shacked up with Ryan.... No death required, Travis was ok with that. She apparantly wasn't...

She said...take it for what's its worth. That they often took naked pictures, and deleted them when they were done viewing them. IMO that would lull him into trusting her with regards to taking pictures. He didn't count on being the one deleted.

Still...just from a personal perspective, I have a professional license and a certain ethical standard I'm expected to observe -- and it's not even tied to the fate of my eternal soul. If someone wanted to take extremely intimate photos of me engaging in sex acts with a person other than my spouse (or by my spouse and with HIM for that matter) and claimed that they deleted them so all is good well, yeah, no, that's not happening simply because if "something" happened, whatever that "something" might be, I'm ruined.

Travis saw the very ugly side of life for a long time and from a very young age and purported to embrace a religion and lifestyle that has zero tolerance for that type of behavior. He seems to have been very conscious that his relationship with Jodi was not OK within his personal milieu, yet let her take those photos (and/or took them himself) trusting that they would never see the light of day? That makes no sense whatsoever to me. Yet it happened.

I thought the same thing, and it's her eyes. They look asian, not hispanic. Thank you for all of this great inside info! :rocker:
Not to me. Arias is a Hispanic surname, and her mother looks Hispanic as well. Also, Jodi was learning Spanish in jail, probably not a coincidence that she didn't take up Chinese or Japanese.

Can't be found anymore online, as far as I know. Why? .

Just curious to see how CBS presented the case. The people who work for 48 Hours are great at presenting a narrative so that you understand the case, the people, etc...

Thanks!

He owned. He was holding the title till she paid it off

So did his insurer total the car and pay out? What was he charging her for?

eta: btw, thanks. I hadn't heard a thing about the car until now other than having seen the payment check marked in evidence.

Not to me. Arias is a Hispanic surname, and her mother looks Hispanic as well. Also, Jodi was learning Spanish in jail, probably not a coincidence that she didn't take up Chinese or Japanese.

I guessing Native American...

Chris Coleman killed his two sons and wife because the Ministries he worked for would fire him if he got a divorce to marry his mistress. He wanted to keep his important security job.

Travis took a big risk taking sexy pics with Jody. He apparently trusted her more than he should have. I'm surprised Jody didn't try to blackmail him. He was in good standing in the church and on the job. She could have sent those pics to everybody, but she decided to go see him and hold a knife to his heart. She didn't want to just hurt him, but destroy him.

Very good points. But I think Jodi didn't try to blackmail him because she wanted a "bigger" prize: she wanted to be his future wife...

Jodi seemed to think her SEXUAL GOODIES would make him weak and he's break down and fall in love. His sexual desires were her currency. No other girl was probably up for getting freaky with him the way he secretly desired. She tried to leverage this, to be his ultimate Madonna-*advertiser censored*.

Like many women, Jodi wanted to be fabulous on the arm of a successful, handsome, popular guy. She lived the dream for a few months, but then it started slipping through her fingers. Mostly because she acted too weird.

Travis basically put her down, viewed her as not much better than trailer trash. He'd been there and wasn't going back. She wasn't good enough for him, and they both knew it. He insulted and abandoned her beyond what she could take.

Just curious to see how CBS presented the case. The people who work for 48 Hours are great at presenting a narrative so that you understand the case, the people, etc...

Thanks!

the episode was pulled off cause of the case.you can find it via a torrent online.

He owned. He was holding the title till she paid it off

Do we know for a fact that this was their agreement? I don't trust most of what comes out of JA's mouth-hug hole, so I have wondered if he just loaned her the car, and she left a check there to make it seem like he had sold it to her. The investigator certainly asked her about it a few times during the phone call.

Just wondering...

Still...just from a personal perspective, I have a proessional license and a certain ethical standard I'm expected to observe -- and it's not even tied to the fate of my eternal soul. If someone wanted to take extremely intimate photos of me engaging in sex acts with a person other than my spouse (or by my spouse and with HIM for that matter) and claimed that they deleted them so all is good well, yeah, no, that's not happening simply because if "something" happened, whatever that "something" might be, I'm ruined.

Travis saw the very ugly side of life for a long time and from a very young age and purported to embrace a religion and lifestyle that has zero tolerance for that type of behavior. He seems to have been very conscious that his relationship with Jodi was not OK within his personal milieu, yet let her take those photos (and/or took them himself) trusting that they would never see the light of day? That makes no sense whatsoever to me. Yet it happened.

But....it was with his camera.

I hear ya! Hubby and I made one video, one time. After we watched it, I destroyed it!

I so appreciate this... as a psychologist, can you please explain the major differences between psychopaths and borderlines TIA.

They're both personality disorders, so the symptoms are pervasive - it's who you are vs symptoms you have (such as depression or anxiety).

With that being said, the most defining characteristic in my mind for BPD is an underlying sense of 'who am I?' They attach themselves to others because they have no self-identity, no sense of being their own person. Whether it's a best friend or a lover, they usually cannot stand alone as their own unique person. And the loss of that attachment or the threat of that loss will send them into highly unstable episodes, usually to convince the person not to leave.

Psychopaths, or folks with antisocial personality (APD), can have similar behaviors but for different reasons and are qualitatively different than those with BPD. They may not want someone to leave them, for example, because they don't want someone else to have that person or they think they 'own' that person and if the person leaves, then they have 'lost'. And since they perceive themselves as being invincible and above reproach, then they have a hard time letting that happen.

Here is a blurb from the DSM-IV (which you can Google): "Although Antisocial Personality Disorder and Borderline Personality Disorder are both characterized by manipulative behavior, individuals with Antisocial Personality Disorder are manipulative to gain profit, power, or some other material gratification, whereas the goal in Borderline Personality Disorder is directed more toward gaining the concern of caretakers."

Hope this helps... It's hard to explain and grasp all the fine details - even professionals often have different opinions about diagnoses for the same person.

Still...just from a personal perspective, I have a professional license and a certain ethical standard I'm expected to observe -- and it's not even tied to the fate of my eternal soul. If someone wanted to take extremely intimate photos of me engaging in sex acts with a person other than my spouse (or by my spouse and with HIM for that matter) and claimed that they deleted them so all is good well, yeah, no, that's not happening simply because if "something" happened, whatever that "something" might be, I'm ruined.

It's AZ, everyone speaks Spanish!

Can't be found anymore online, as far as I know. Why? I believe they had to pull it because that was made before she had admitted to being the person who killed him.

That would surprise me. The Judge ruled that her prior media interviews are admissible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kcou111