Jodi Arias Trial Discussion #8 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Emerging from lurkdom... :lurk: Been reading the threads but was trying not to consume too much time with watching this case after the CA case...(fail).

I've read several good books on psychology and psychopathy recently. I believe I saw a few posts referring to JA as a narcissist. While psychopaths do exhibit narcissistic traits (egocentricity, grandiosity, entitlement), there is a significant difference regarding a classic narcissist in that the narcissist is motivated by deep rooted shame, and acts to avoid this shame at any cost. Psychopaths, on the other hand, are incapable of emotions like remorse or shame. I've seen various potential signs of psychopathy in JA. Basing this of course on MOO and conjecture:

-lying
-"dead"/"cold" eyes, as in eyes don't match emotions or facial expressions
-left-handed (certainly not all lefties are psychos, but there is a high rate of left-handedness in psychopaths)
-strange usage of words or phrases
-lack of empathy for victim, victim's family
-preoccupation with self image
-studying how the "normal" world reacts to emotions, in order to fashion similar "masks" of emotion. Ex: JA's intense focus w/Det. Flores asking how she "should have" acted if innocent
-this "mask" slips when going from crying (or pretending to) to suddenly conversational about light topics. EX: JA on buying small pants on sale
-IF this is to be believed, anonymous people who claim to have known JA wrote on State vs. JA fb page that she was into drugs at a young age, drinking, promiscuity, and running away from home, all very typical early indications
-those are just off the top of my head

Also, I have noticed eerie similarities between the behavior of one Ted Bundy and JA. They both employed similar body language in their avoidance of eye contact (closing eyes while answering questions or focusing on other objects) during interviews. And they both scared cats. At a sorority house where TB chose victims, students reported that the house cat was spooked with its hair standing up and ran away for 2 weeks after the day TB was believed to have first cased the house. We have JA's potential cat abuse anon poster, and in addition JA was pointing out scraches to Det Flores all over from scratches from her own so-called "feral" cat. I have multiple cats and have raised a feral cat, and never had that many scratches beyond kittenhood. If anything, feral cats will run and hide from you.

Those of us trying to "understand" her or why this happened should keep in mind that we will never understand, because our brains are not capable of functioning in the way that psychopaths' brains do. That is why we will always remain baffled by their callousness and behavior.

I will miss this aftrnoon's testimony.

Thank you in advance for all the comentary etc. that I will read tonight.

me too!

I will be at basketball practice sneaking peaks on my smart phone until the battery dies:rocker:

I need to know if Travis used a straight razor to shave with; JA said in that interrogation that he "liked to do it the old way" and that usually means with the lathering and whatnot. What I'm most interested in knowing is if he shaved with a straight razor, and if she slit his throat with it. She was insistent on photographing him shaving as she herself stated.
I cant get this out of my head. She was obsessed with the Mirror as well. She even photographed herself in the mirrors.
I would love the State to Clarify; if he shaved with a straight razor, if anyone knows, and what razors were discovered in his bathroom.
Thanks if any one knows.

Question. And apologies in advance, I know I'm beating a dead horse. I'm still unsure whether she used the knife or the gun first.

If the gun wasn't used first, say because she preferred the knife, why would she stage a robbery to obtain the gun?

I'm thinking (thanks to you all) that either:
A) the gun was just for her protection, a back up if you will
B) the gun jammed
C) she had the ninja scenario in her head to use if need be, thus two murder weapons had to be present.

Because she staged the robbery, Jodi intended to use the gun to murder Travis not the knife, at least originally IMO.

Back to the gun. I've read the .25 caliber weapons easily jam, but I'm not sure how accurate this is. Does anyone know what happens when a gun jams? Specifically, does it make a lot of noise? Is it possible that perhaps she tested the gun in the desert somewhere en route to Travis' and it jammed? Thus, the knife plan B?

I found this video on how to clearing jammed guns.
[video=youtube;e5QSvzlZTvw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5QSvzlZTvw[/video]

I know its not the same type of gun, but if Jodi was nervous and her wrist wasn't in the correct position, could her .25 have jammed the same way?

And lastly, I wonder if Jodi maybe planned to kill herself with gun after stabbing Travis to death. In the interrogation we saw yesterday, she mentions the the ninjas decided to spare her, and I think its entirely possible that what REALLY happened was the she decided to spare herself, using the last bullet on Travis?

Hi, Ziggy. I have watched some of the proceedings, often with the sound down on a partial screen. To me, the male defense attorney frequently seems inattentive or even bored. He seldom takes notes and when cross-examining, he seems not to have a strategy or even a series of questions.

Jodi must be furious.

Yet, she strenuously objected to his withdrawal and insisted that he remain her lead counsel. He basically had to put his new private practice on hold in order to remain her defense counsel at a low hourly fee. I guess she didn't think about the resentment that would create in her attorney who is charged with saving her *advertiser censored**.

I need to know if Travis used a straight razor to shave with; JA said in that interrogation that he "liked to do it the old way" and that usually means with the lathering and whatnot. What I'm most interested in knowing is if he shaved with a straight razor, and if she slit his throat with it. She was insistent on photographing him shaving as she herself stated.
I cant get this out of my head. She was obsessed with the Mirror as well. She even photographed herself in the mirrors.
I would love the State to Clarify; if he shaved with a straight razor, if anyone knows, and what razors were discovered in his bathroom.
Thanks if any one knows.

I think she was starting to imply it, then cut herself off.

Could be, when she stole her grandparents gun, she forgot to grab extra ammo, and only had what was in the chamber?

Thanks if any one knows.

Earlier a photo of him using an old fashioned regular razor was posted. It looked like metal. Not what is commonly known as a straight razor.

Question. And apologies in advance, I know I'm beating a dead horse. I'm still unsure whether she used the knife or the gun first.

If the gun wasn't used first, say because she preferred the knife, why would she stage a robbery to obtain the gun?

I'm thinking (thanks to you all) that either:
A) the gun was just for her protection, a back up if you will
B) the gun jammed
C) she had the ninja scenario in her head to use if need be, thus two murder weapons had to be present.

Because she staged the robbery, Jodi intended to use the gun to murder Travis not the knife, at least originally IMO.

Back to the gun. I've read the .25 caliber weapons easily jam, but I'm not sure how accurate this is. Does anyone know what happens when a gun jams? Specifically, does it make a lot of noise? Is it possible that perhaps she tested the gun in the desert somewhere en route to Travis' and it jammed? Thus, the knife plan B?

I found this video on how to clearing jammed guns. 9mm Hand Gun Operation & Safety : How To Clear A Jammed Handgun - YouTube

I know its not the same type of gun, but if Jodi was nervous and her wrist wasn't in the correct position, could her .25 have jammed the same way?

And lastly, I wonder if Jodi maybe planned to kill herself with gun after stabbing Travis to death. In the interrogation we saw yesterday, she mentions the the ninjas decided to spare her, and I think its entirely possible that what REALLY happened was the she decided to spare herself, using the last bullet on Travis?

Psychopaths never kill themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks if any one knows.

but would a razer be long enuff and pointy enuff to stab him in the chest and hit his heart?? - on HLN - so always taken w/ a grain of salt - the ME there was saying it would have to longer to reach the heart?

Thanks if any one knows.

Excellent catch! I remember her stating that.

Those straight razor blades are S H A R P but not sure if you could stab someone with one.

but would a razer be long enuff and pointy enuff to stab him in the chest and hit his heart?? - on HLN - so always taken w/ a grain of salt - the ME there was saying it would have to longer to reach the heart?

IMO no. I also believe her own fingers would have been lopped off by it closing if she even tried!

re: why stage a robbery to get a gun?

Maybe somewhere in her mind she was thinking the police would think there was two different suspects because two weapons were used.

I also saw the note about the smoke smell. That is odd as mormons don't smoke. Maybe white Americans with beanies do.
Possible she parked close to the burn pile that was her clothes, car mats, etc?

Earlier a photo of him using an old fashioned regular razor was posted. It looked like metal. Not what is commonly known as a straight razor.

The kind you put a double sided razor blade in?

I have one of those!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members