Jodi Arias Trial Discussion #8 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OH, and: wanting to represent herself. That is typical of psychopaths, firing their attorneys and attempting to represent themselves because they think that no one is more capable.

IMO it was a knife and not a razor...remember Det. Flores studying where she said her hand wounds were and saying that occurs from slippage of the knife during stabbing. With a straight razor, the edge would be perpendicular not vertical.

Oh wait, nvm, maybe you meant both a knife and a razor for the different wounds

I have to say I am surprised both of their myspaces still exist.

Hello all! Just wanted to say :newhere: :seeya:!!! I've been lurking on here since the trial started, and it's just been fascinating! And just overall :what:! I'm in AZ and might mosey on down to watch the trial next week...if I can even get in! Anywhoo, this place is great, and I look forward to sleuthing many more! :dance:

I saw the rental car recipt noted a smell of smoke in car, does she smoke? I guess so and that is a mormon No-No

IMO a straight razor would be more consistent with a scalpel type of wound... Not thru the sternum and into the heart..,, 4 inches deep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another thing to consider why JA told the detective TA was shot first and maybe why she initially brought the gun was that she wanted it to appear someone broke into the home and shot him. Criminals don't usually just bring a knife, they bring a gun. So the gunshot was essential to her story. The stabbing, however, was personal. In crimes of passion women stab. jmo

Hello all! Just wanted to say :newhere: :seeya:!!! I've been lurking on here since the trial started, and it's just been fascinating! And just overall :what:! I'm in AZ and might mosey on down to watch the trial next week...if I can even get in! Anywhoo, this place is great, and I look forward to sleuthing many more! :dance:

i'm jealous! i attended the clara harris trial (crazy woman running over her husband with her mercedes) and the andrea yates trial.
how hard is it to get in?

I remember her talking about a sex tape during the interview with Maureen Maher.

and.... that being said, based on what she has already lied about (and what police WERE able to retrieve from the camera despite what she did to it) it is possible she is lying about a sex tape as well.

:twocents:

People keep saying this and I REALLY want to know what evidence is leading you to disagree with the evidence presented so far!

I need more than Jodi said so.

I'm open to consider the shot came first but I need to know what everyone is basing this on!

I *think* people are speculating on why, *if* the shot came first, why there was only one shot. IF the shot came first, and there was only one shot, then either she only had one bullet - kinda hard to believe -- or the gun jammed. Automatic guns sometimes jam. But this is all just speculation - possible scenarios, based on a speculation that the shot came first. So that's all it is.

There's no definitive evidence given as the the exact sequence in which all the injuries happened. The ME's opinion was the shot came last.

At least this is my interpertation of what I've heard. Please let me know if I'm mis-stating.

Earlier a photo of him using an old fashioned regular razor was posted. It looked like metal. Not what is commonly known as a straight razor.

I'm splitting hairs here, no pun intended, but I think it would helpful to know where Travis was when he was shaving his face "the old fashioned" way while JHole watched. We know there was disposable blade razor in the shower. Travis could have very well shaved his face with that razor, in the shower.

OR

I think its more likely that the razor in the shower was for man-scaping purposes only. He probably shaved his face by the sink, in the mirror. It has been said that he was really into hygiene, so I think he'd have two razors; one for his face, the other for his body.

I personally think the shot was at the end, as the ME outlined it, but I think she used it that way in her 'intruders' story because it's a bit more plausible that someone could enter the bathroom & shoot him, rather than push past her (deleting or taking photos), & attack him w/ a knife. I also think it was premeditated, she had both weapons handy, & attacked w/ the knife first. Remember, he's wet, naked, thinks he's alone (at least, at first)- it wouldn't be that difficult since she had the element of surprise on her side.
That's the way I see it, it was quick, but definitely NOT humane, I don't think she had time to run out & look for a knife, if her gun misfired. Quick, but probably a lot more chaotic than she anticipated...

and.... that being said, based on what she has already lied about (and what police WERE able to retrieve from the camera despite what she did to it) it is possible she is lying about a sex tape as well.

:twocents:

Why would she lie? ;)

Question. And apologies in advance, I know I'm beating a dead horse. I'm still unsure whether she used the knife or the gun first.

If the gun wasn't used first, say because she preferred the knife, why would she stage a robbery to obtain the gun?

I'm thinking (thanks to you all) that either:
A) the gun was just for her protection, a back up if you will
B) the gun jammed
C) she had the ninja scenario in her head to use if need be, thus two murder weapons had to be present.

Because she staged the robbery, Jodi intended to use the gun to murder Travis not the knife, at least originally IMO.

Back to the gun. I've read the .25 caliber weapons easily jam, but I'm not sure how accurate this is. Does anyone know what happens when a gun jams? Specifically, does it make a lot of noise? Is it possible that perhaps she tested the gun in the desert somewhere en route to Travis' and it jammed? Thus, the knife plan B?

I found this video on how to clearing jammed guns. 9mm Hand Gun Operation & Safety : How To Clear A Jammed Handgun - YouTube

I know its not the same type of gun, but if Jodi was nervous and her wrist wasn't in the correct position, could her .25 have jammed the same way?

And lastly, I wonder if Jodi maybe planned to kill herself with gun after stabbing Travis to death. In the interrogation we saw yesterday, she mentions the the ninjas decided to spare her, and I think its entirely possible that what REALLY happened was the she decided to spare herself, using the last bullet on Travis?

I am not a gun expert, but from all I have read if a gun jams the jammed bullet has to be removed from the chamber before the gun can be fired again. In some cases it can be an ordeal to get the gun unjammed to be fired again. In any case there would be two bullets and I believe only one was found at the crime scene. jmo

Just a side note about mormoms and drinking caffine, liquor. My hubby introduced his brother to the faith and he bacame a mormom priest he has a temple reccomend but what I find baffling is they dont all seem to have the same info regarding what Joseph Smith taught on these subjects.

My brother in law told me there was a " hot toddy" back in those days that Smith said to avoid obviously for health reasons and it would get you drunk. my hubby said it was all alcohol. My aunt a devout 80ish year old mormom said all caffinated drinks are what he said to avoid cause if your body is working correctly you dont need caffine and it is addicting.

I have to have a pot of coffee so im out forever doomed to live down the street from Jesus instead of in his house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rswilliams65