Jodi Arias Trial Discussion #8 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please post the picture of the shell casing sitting on the puddle of coagulated blood? This will likely put to rest this thought that he was shot first. Thanks

I hope people realize an ME just does not assume anything. They base their report on evidence that is gather at the scene and can pretty much put the sequence of events in order. Plus if the ME were guessing defense would have been all over him while he was testifying. They were unable to prove the point they were trying to make with the end result of the ME very carefully explaining how he came to his conclusions. It was not Dr. Phil on the stand. It was an experienced ME investigating TA's death by a person who just was not that methodical in how she went about killing TA. I believe most of can see that.

And most of us know JA did not plan this crime very well and what someone else might have done, she did not do. I truly believe because of the person she is, she wanted him to suffer and a gunshot might kill him instantly. We can see this in her by her wanting to view those photos and know all the details. She wanted to refine her story to match what LE knew. The gunshot was to make it look as if someone broke into the home. Stabbing repeatedly was personal. jmo

Sorry if this has been addressed, but does anyone know why the 48 Hours interview with JA (entitled "Picture Perfect"--ewww...that has a HOLE new meaning now, lol) is not available ANYWHERE on the internet?

All of the other 48 Hours episodes are available for viewing on YouTube and the 48 Hours site as well. It's as if it is specifically left out. At first I thought perhaps because of the pending trial, but many of those episodes deal with crimes with pending trials. Just curious. TIA!

Maybe it is being submitted into evidence?

Sorry if this has been addressed, but does anyone know why the 48 Hours interview with JA (entitled "Picture Perfect"--ewww...that has a HOLE new meaning now, lol) is not available ANYWHERE on the internet?

All of the other 48 Hours episodes are available for viewing on YouTube and the 48 Hours site as well. It's as if it is specifically left out. At first I thought perhaps because of the pending trial, but many of those episodes deal with crimes with pending trials. Just curious. TIA!

I think it is related to the trial? I had also looked around for it to watch it again. I also couldn't find the IE interview.

The whole thing took 1:15 blood does not dry quite that quick for the amount there.

My thought exactly.

Has anyone tried to come up with the crime sequence that makes sense?
1 TA starts from seated position. At some point is up in front of mirror. Later down in the hall. Sequence of events=?

Hey guys, I am at work and would love to see a little bit of the trial. Does anyone have the link handy to the live feed? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Going to take a break.....pick up my car!

Whooo hooo just waiting for my ride:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, KsCornFed. I think that you are exactly right. Someone once told me that nurses and other medical personnel in training are sometimes traumatized by post-death gurgling and physical jolts.

I'm a little embarrassed to write that once after I effectively killed a basement mouse, I was taken aback by his violent twitching and final gasp. To this day, I have never told my kind-hearted girlfriend about this incident.

This is what I think too - re the gurgling, twitching etc.

However, don't be embarrassed about the mouse. I love animals, but if a mouse is in my house, it's toast. Sorry.

Or the ganja. She supposedly smoked it in high school. People I knew in school would mix a little herb into their tobacco.

If only JHole smoked enough ganja to mellow the F out instead of driving to Mesa...:rocker:

My thought exactly.

Has anyone tried to come up with the crime sequence that makes sense?
1 TA starts from seated position. At some point is up in front of mirror. Later down in the hall. Sequence of events=?

Yeah the ME , the dude with years of training and a doctoral degree that swore under oath.

Hey dizzychick, I sometimes worry about living in a totally different area code from Jesus :what:.

but she was a recent convert....I found it surprising tha she kinda put down Ryan for not attending in over a year....baffling to me...took me longer to join a Baptist Church than her convert....However, have to say did shock the deacons when I said I admired Mormons due to how family oriented they are...think I almost lost membership for that comment.....opps.

Emerging from lurkdom... :lurk: Been reading the threads but was trying not to consume too much time with watching this case after the CA case...(fail).

I've read several good books on psychology and psychopathy recently. I believe I saw a few posts referring to JA as a narcissist. While psychopaths do exhibit narcissistic traits (egocentricity, grandiosity, entitlement), there is a significant difference regarding a classic narcissist in that the narcissist is motivated by deep rooted shame, and acts to avoid this shame at any cost. Psychopaths, on the other hand, are incapable of emotions like remorse or shame. I've seen various potential signs of psychopathy in JA. Basing this of course on MOO and conjecture:

-lying
-"dead"/"cold" eyes, as in eyes don't match emotions or facial expressions
-left-handed (certainly not all lefties are psychos, but there is a high rate of left-handedness in psychopaths)
-strange usage of words or phrases
-lack of empathy for victim, victim's family
-preoccupation with self image
-studying how the "normal" world reacts to emotions, in order to fashion similar "masks" of emotion. Ex: JA's intense focus w/Det. Flores asking how she "should have" acted if innocent
-this "mask" slips when going from crying (or pretending to) to suddenly conversational about light topics. EX: JA on buying small pants on sale
-IF this is to be believed, anonymous people who claim to have known JA wrote on State vs. JA fb page that she was into drugs at a young age, drinking, promiscuity, and running away from home, all very typical early indications
-those are just off the top of my head

Also, I have noticed eerie similarities between the behavior of one Ted Bundy and JA. They both employed similar body language in their avoidance of eye contact (closing eyes while answering questions or focusing on other objects) during interviews. And they both scared cats. At a sorority house where TB chose victims, students reported that the house cat was spooked with its hair standing up and ran away for 2 weeks after the day TB was believed to have first cased the house. We have JA's potential cat abuse anon poster, and in addition JA was pointing out scraches to Det Flores all over from scratches from her own so-called "feral" cat. I have multiple cats and have raised a feral cat, and never had that many scratches beyond kittenhood. If anything, feral cats will run and hide from you.

Those of us trying to "understand" her or why this happened should keep in mind that we will never understand, because our brains are not capable of functioning in the way that psychopaths' brains do. That is why we will always remain baffled by their callousness and behavior.

All of these descriptors describe Scott Peterson as well. To me at least.

IS has posted on their facebook that coverage is now handed off to HLN for the next portion of today (just heads up for those watching on teevee)

LOL Yep!! At that moment she was probably thinking to herself... If I had it all to do over again... that is what I would do.. I would shoot him several times and give him a more humane death than I did the first time...

deep thoughts from Jodi

:giggle:

You inspired me.

Don't get too excited, I'm all exhausted now:) you won't be seeing another for awhile!

BBM

She could never stab him, good grief no!

As she asks with a sparkle in her eye, how many times was he stabbed?

Just like yippee can I please see the pics, morbid curiosity all all that jazz!

Wow! You lasted an entire 3 minutes. :what:

I do all that stuff too but its all written down not in my head. Props to you if you have all the addresses memorized. I certainly would not remember those from a guy that I dated for 5 months especially if it had been over a year since we were together. Its not like shes gonna write his granny a letter.

I have a doc on my computer with all the addresses I need EVEN MY FAMILY'S.

totally OT, but I was on a criminal case years ago, where this guy stole a gun, and it was caught on tape (he tried to say it was his dads, blah, blah, blah). It was an obvious open/shut case, and I even wondered why we were sitting there.

We all voted guilty, figured he'd do a few years in jail. But afterwards I wondered why there was media in the lobby and why they wanted to talk to me and why his girlfriend was having a nervous breakdown (I didn't say anything)! Scratching my head, I went home and read that this was a 3-striker, and the guy was facing a minimum of 25 years! :what:

He didn't kill anyone, and I don't know if he intended to. But last I heard, he was still in prison. Just a young stupid kid, who made some bad choices.

Would that have changed my decision to NG (knowing this guy could get 25-life) I don't know. But I think it would have made my decision a bit more difficult.

So that's why jurors aren't supposed to read the newspapers or watch media. Because it could sway their decision.

Just my experience.

Mel

BBM

I guess I'm a little more heartless than you Mel, it would have made my decision easier to convict him. JMO

Possible she parked close to the burn pile that was her clothes, car mats, etc?

Very clever thought.

Hello all! Just wanted to say :newhere: :seeya:!!! I've been lurking on here since the trial started, and it's just been fascinating! And just overall :what:! I'm in AZ and might mosey on down to watch the trial next week...if I can even get in! Anywhoo, this place is great, and I look forward to sleuthing many more! :dance:

:rocker: :welcome: :rocker:

You must be a Houston local, I am as well and remember both of those cases. I dont know how you could sit in the room with a baby killer like Yates. :furious:

Believe it or not I have a lot of sympathy for AY. She was obviously mentally disturbed and not getting proper treatment. She thought she was saving her children, IIRC, by killing them.

Hey gitiana1 I hope you can help. Is it by State or Federal that the law that convicted felons cannot receive compensation for their artwork or book deals etc. I understood it was struck down but don't know what level that was at nor how this State views felons being enriched? Thanks!

There was a federal law passed in 2011, iirc, but individual states have such laws as well

Psychopaths never kill themselves.

They have a low risk of suicide but it's not totally unheard of. Those with antisocial personality disorder have a high risk, though.

People keep saying this and I REALLY want to know what evidence is leading you to disagree with the evidence presented so far!

I need more than Jodi said so.

I'm open to consider the shot came first but I need to know what everyone is basing this on!

What leans me to gun first is it seems Jodi was coming up with a story that could have matched what a possible witnesses heard, there is often an element of truth in liars lies and she brought a gun to use so why start with a knife? Also, it seems the ME gave some wiggle room in the sequence of events.

This is what I think too - re the gurgling, twitching etc.

However, don't be embarrassed about the mouse. I love animals, but if a mouse is in my house, it's toast. Sorry.

just don't dispose of them inside house......they do tend to smell.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710