Jodi Arias Trial Discussion #8 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched him. It sounds like Jodi was dead set on marrying TA. She thought he would make a good father for her children. I wonder how far into the relationship she was when she started spouting that nonsense.

The day after she met him? :floorlaugh:

I thought that Jodi had become part of the picture before Travis and Lisa actually broke up and that Lisa found out about Jodi either just before the breakup or possible after.

Is that not the case? Sooooo much info out there to read and re-read......AUGH!

I thought Jodi was somehow involved in their parting, too. From Lisa's blog it seemed like there was some awkwardness between them following the break up because of it. IMO. I do hope she's called as a witness. JA slashed her tires, rang her door bell, sent her creepy emails. TA probably shared more with Lisa than he did with anyone else regarding JA, just because it seemed like she was almost stalking them (Lisa/TA) together at one point.

So I been lurking for a day or so, very interesting stuff.

Just joined up, as requested by wenwe4. I had never even heard of this case until a couple of days ago when I followed a link from a news page. Holy Mackerel! Poor guy! And what a whack job of a bimbo.

I hope it's OK for a noob to jump right in. So here goes...

I'm no gun expert, but I've been around them a bit. A .25 is about the worst possible gun you could get for this, or almost any attempt to inflict real harm on a human being. She could not have planned this any worse if she had tried.

With that being said, I know a lot of the curiosity has surrounded the chain of events (which came first, gun or knife?). Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I saw somewhere that the bullet went in somewhere around his right eye and was lodged near his left cheek. This is a VERY weak projectile. When you consider that the 9mm that Gabby Giffords took to the forehead (I think) went all the way through and it was not shot as close as this .25 probably was.

My thinking is, since she is left-handed, she fired a shot with the gun against his head, maybe around his temple. The bullet penetrated somewhere around his eye, then traveled into his skull, but was deflected through his sinus cavity and didn't have the oomph to exit and stopped when it hit the inside of his left cheekbone.

The recoil and noise of the gun, as negligible as it was, considering the caliber, startled her and she dropped the gun, thinking she had done the deed. Travis got nothing more than a punch to the face/side of the head, which would have stunned and dazed him, but no way it was lethal. So now he falls/climbs out of the shower and raises himself up to the sink, looks in the mirror and by now has a spewer of a nosebleed, thus all the blood from his nose and mouth in the postmortem photos and all the blood around the sink.

She would have had no way of knowing whether the one shot would be lethal, so she probably had a knife of some kind (might have been a hunting knife that went missing in the burglary but nobody reported it; there were long guns in the cabinet, so grampa is probably a hunter). When he survived the gunshot, she had to go to plan B. Having seen all kinds of people on TV get stabbed and drop, she figured one stick would do him. Almost all lethal stabbings are of the multiple entry wound variety.

OK, this is just my opinion, as you folks say, so take it for what its worth.

Good to meet y'all and we'll see how this thing turns out.

Hey there! Welcome to Websleuths! :)

I thought the same way as you stated, in the beginning. This, apparently, was what Detective Flores thought also. However, we have the testimony of the medical examiner/expert, and he testified that the gun shot was done last.

:welcome:

I have to say that my heart dropped today when I heard what the jury questions were. If they are asking these questions, there is no way that they can be following what is going on in this trial. Someone was speculating that if she got 2nd degree and got the lowest sentence that she could be sentenced to 5 years. With the time served, she could get out right away. I SERIOUSLY doubt that they would give her anything but the maximum for 2nd degree, but DAMN! These jurors are asking about roommates fingerprints and alibis. That isn't even remotely a factor in this!

It is the Judge's duty to keep the jurors on course. She isn't doing her job. She should say, "We are not trying to discover who killed Travis. That has already been established. Jodi confessed to the killing. This is about determining whether it was self defense. Please stay on task, jury."

Okay, okay. So I tuned into HLN tonight. They had a header that said,"Lying Beauty." Hello! Angelina Jolie, Elizabeth Taylor, Lauren Becall are/were beauties. Who the he// is classifing her as a beauty??!! OH P.L.E.A.S.E!!

Those letters are not admissible in court, they were written by Jodi herself....... BUT if a jury member tells others about these letters, let's say they read a newspaper clipping or better yet, they went to the store and read the NE story THEN she can have a mistrial.

This happened in the Hannah Hill case. Juror misconduct.

That is what I was getting at.

Can someone please tell me if Jodi herself has admitted to killing Travis? I know it was part of the defense's opening statement, but I don't know if she ever admitted it to LE or otherwise other than maybe to her counsel.

IIRC no - she stuck w/ the ninjas til 2010 - then her atty entered her defense to the court - innocent/self defense - she never confessed to
LE she killed him - imo

It is the Judge's duty to keep the jurors on course. She isn't doing her job. She should say, "We are not trying to discover who killed Travis. That has already been established. Jodi confessed to the killing. This is about determining whether it was self defense. Please stay on task, jury."

That's why I asked my question above. I haven't been following as closely as others, but it seems that Jodi has not confessed and that the basis for the self-defense claim is her counsel's opening statement. Very interesting . . .

If that were the case don't you think there would be blood or at least some residue of blood on top of the casing? Blood spatter analyst testified there is no blood on top of the casing. (There's a really good pic of the casing at HuffPo - I also posted it on one of the last pages of the last thread.)

I saw the pics, but I still am not convinced the casing did not somehow get knocked into that blood. That particular pool of blood seems to correspond to the surface of the tile (uneven, natural-style adobe or something like that).

So the blood may have pooled into a "crater" in the tile, and then during the shabby cleanup, the casing may have dropped or rolled onto the pooled blood.

But if the casing were kicked or dropped into the blood as a result of the gunshot being the LAST in the sequence, wouldn't the casing still show spatter, or blood leaking into the casing?

I mean, just because the casing is lying on top of the blood, how do we know if it was ejected from the gun directly onto the pool (which could ALSO cause spatter and droplets on the topside) or whether it was placed there intentionally or accidentally, later, from where it was originally cast after the shot?

I guess I just think these are valid questions/scenarios and I don't understand the derision with which such queries are met.

Thanks for the welcome.

It occurs to me that this theory has already been hashed out, I just haven't read all there is about this case.

If the Judge did that she would be truly admonished, she should be impartial, plus like others members have stated, No One has heard Jodi confess, other than possibly her lawyer's She has not confessed in interviews and if by chance I am wrong, someone please post a link to where Jodi is actually confessing, not someone saying she has.

That's why I asked my question above. I haven't been following as closely as others, but it seems that Jodi has not confessed and that the basis for the self-defense claim is her counsel's opening statement. Very interesting . . .

bbm

I am not sure of this either but I believe a motion was filed in conjunction with the letters (which were thrown out and found not to be TA's handwriting by experts) and also intimated at today in testimony by the detective (that she had again changed her story)

:twocents:

It just seems like she is too busy with other cases to give this case her complete attention.

So I been lurking for a day or so, very interesting stuff.

Just joined up, as requested by wenwe4. I had never even heard of this case until a couple of days ago when I followed a link from a news page. Holy Mackerel! Poor guy! And what a whack job of a bimbo.

I hope it's OK for a noob to jump right in. So here goes...

I'm no gun expert, but I've been around them a bit. A .25 is about the worst possible gun you could get for this, or almost any attempt to inflict real harm on a human being. She could not have planned this any worse if she had tried.

With that being said, I know a lot of the curiosity has surrounded the chain of events (which came first, gun or knife?). Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I saw somewhere that the bullet went in somewhere around his right eye and was lodged near his left cheek. This is a VERY weak projectile. When you consider that the 9mm that Gabby Giffords took to the forehead (I think) went all the way through and it was not shot as close as this .25 probably was.

My thinking is, since she is left-handed, she fired a shot with the gun against his head, maybe around his temple. The bullet penetrated somewhere around his eye, then traveled into his skull, but was deflected through his sinus cavity and didn't have the oomph to exit and stopped when it hit the inside of his left cheekbone.

The recoil and noise of the gun, as negligible as it was, considering the caliber, startled her and she dropped the gun, thinking she had done the deed. Travis got nothing more than a punch to the face/side of the head, which would have stunned and dazed him, but no way it was lethal. So now he falls/climbs out of the shower and raises himself up to the sink, looks in the mirror and by now has a spewer of a nosebleed, thus all the blood from his nose and mouth in the postmortem photos and all the blood around the sink.

She would have had no way of knowing whether the one shot would be lethal, so she probably had a knife of some kind (might have been a hunting knife that went missing in the burglary but nobody reported it; there were long guns in the cabinet, so grampa is probably a hunter). When he survived the gunshot, she had to go to plan B. Having seen all kinds of people on TV get stabbed and drop, she figured one stick would do him. Almost all lethal stabbings are of the multiple entry wound variety.

OK, this is just my opinion, as you folks say, so take it for what its worth.

Good to meet y'all and we'll see how this thing turns out.

bbm: the ME testimony is in the timeline media thread. It was not fired up close and the entry wound, iirc, did not show much bleeding and the ME said he most likely was either 1) dead already or 2) he had lost so much from previous injury that he had no limited blood volume to bleed into the area of the entry wound (also was not fired from up close... at least two feet or more away iirc.. there was no stippling.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro