Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean no insult to the victim in saying this but why is everyone trying to
scrub him clean and roll him in sugar? He clearly used this woman for sex and
did not want the world to know that so he projected everything on her. He probably said a lot of " big man" things about her wanting him so bad and him telling her to go away but when they were on the phone or in bed
he said what he had to in order to keep her coming back. All of that being said,
that doesn't mean that he deserved to die. We don't have to claim
that she broke into his computer to send herself mean messages. He probably
did some truly imperfect things. Those things do not have to be hidden for him to be a victim and for her actions to be unjustified.

I have only seen maybe one post that attempted to "scrub him clean and roll him in sugar". Other than that, none of us who believe he is an innocent victim (which is hardly close to "everyone", in fact, it appears we are the minority right now), are stating he is a choir boy or was perfect or didn't have faults.

But for me, it is quite clear that he was not the "player" and he was not the user in the "relationship". He didn't call her up. He didn't seek her out. He didn't lie to her to get in her pants. He didn't make false promises. Give me one shred of evidence that any of that happened. Where is the evidence? That kind of conduct would constitute the conduct of a user, in my book. But I have seen zero indication that any of that happened.

Instead, he told her he wasn't serious, he didn't hide that he was dating other people and he told her how he felt about her. In fact, while he did engage in sex with her despite his feelings about her, his statements indicate that he was the one who felt used and that he was angry about it: "I was nothing more than a dildo with a heartbeat for you."

No, instead of pursuing her, lying to her, making false promises to score, etc., he made the mistake of not saying no when she haunted him, came over unannounced or uninvited, took her clothes off and got into his bed. It makes him guilty of poor judgment and going against the tenets of his faith. But that's it, as far as I'm concerned.

And yet I keep seeing these posts practically blaming him for what happened: He was equally at fault in the "relationship". He was playing a dangerous game with a fragile minded person. He who plays with fire is going to get burned. His actions resulted in an "unpleasant crime" - not horrific, not gruesome, just "unpleasant" as if that is the expected result when two creeps get together and use one another. He was a sociopath. Etc.

This baffles me and I find it horrid. I feel that many people are unaware of what a psychopath is like and how they are able to ensnare and captivate their victims.

I am also dead certain that if the roles were reversed, no one would be accusing her of being a user or player and no one would be calling her a sociopath or equally guilty in the "relationship." I firmly believe that if the roles were reversed, almost everyone would be calling her the innocent victim of a hideously frightening psychopathic monster. The only difference in the two scenarios is gender and it is quite clear to me that societal attitudes about gender and crime are to blame: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/11/men-women-prison-sentence-length-gender-gap_n_1874742.html

I just don't think that's right. But, we see it all the time. A man molests his students and he goes to prison. A women does so and nothing happens to her. A man stalks a woman to death, viciously murdering her at the end of his reign of terror and he is given the death penalty. A woman does so and people bend over backwards to find some kind of justification, some kind of fault on the part of the victim. The murderess is not given the death penalty. People blame the victim and assert that the crime is not horrible enough to be worthy of capital punishment.

I just don't think that's right. (And I'm not debating capital punishment which I am actually against, really). It's just not right to give women the benefit of the doubt by virtue of the fact of their sex alone and it is not right to imbue men with depravity and evil by virtue of the fact of their sex alone. And frankly, that's what I think is going on here to a large degree, at least subconsciously. I don't like it.

Men can be victims too. They can be imperfect and still be the innocent victims of sinister and twisted women. They can be faultless except in their judgment and be the victim of a horrific, gruesome, crime. It happens.

I think it happened here, to Travis, who was not a choir boy, who was not perfect but who did not, due to his poor conduct in sleeping with a mad women who flung herself at him, even though he wanted nothing more from her, bring his own murder on himself. He did not cause what happened to him to happen. He did not deserve to die. He is a victim. Period. The victim of a predatory and frightening monster who is very, very cunning and very, very good at fooling people into thinking it's not all her fault, that she was at least somewhat compelled to do the evil things she did because her victims were evil themselves. She's a con and a snake and IMO, her trickery and deceit is still working to some degree, even right here at websleuths.

And that scares me, because if there are sleuthers who have the subconscious sense that Travis kind of asked for it, I can only imagine what a jury might do.

I've never been convinced that Casey Anthony's looks, or ethnicity, had anything to do with her acquittal. The jury was pretty well split almost 50/50 male/female (5 men, 7 women). Likewise Scott Peterson's jury were evenly split (6 males, 6 females), and were completely unmoved by his looks or his ethnicity. I think the brutality and the sheer overkill, along with her lies, will be her undoing. Whether they recommend the death penalty is anybody's guess. But I hope she at least rots behind bars for the rest of her life.

And I think the character assassination of the victim that the defense is attempting is going to damage their case more than assist it. All anybody has to do is remember 27 stab wounds, throat slit and shot in the head. No matter what you believe about his character, this was a violent, and likely(IMO) premeditated murder. MOO.

Nothing shocks me anymore.
I learned long ago to never underestimate the stupidity of a jury!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO, maybe she wanted people to see their relationship on that film. If it was washed away, okay, if not, well, they would see that he was with her last. She was his in her opinion and wanted everyone else to know too!! If not for the forensic evidence, I don't think she ever would have told she killed him either!!

Is it possible the photos which were deleted already had been before the ones of him in the shower and the subsequent ones of the crime scene/death were apparently inadvertently taken? Perhaps he had deleted the ones of himself and her that were sexual in nature then she grabbed the camera again to take the ones which were still on the camera? He didn't look to pleased in the one we have seen in the shower either.

Just a thought.

MOO

Do we know anything of her parents?

Who is sitting on her side in the galley?

Are they photos of her brother on MySpace? He looks like a minor.

I have only seen maybe one post that attempted to "scrub him clean and roll him in sugar". Other than that, none of us who believe he is an innocent victim (which is hardly close to "everyone", in fact, it appears we are the minority right now), are stating he is a choir boy or was perfect or didn't have faults.

But for me, it is quite clear that he was not the "player" and he was not the user in the "relationship". He didn't call her up. He didn't seek her out. He didn't lie to her to get in her pants. He didn't make false promises. Give me one shred of evidence that any of that happened. Where is the evidence? That kind of conduct would constitute the conduct of a user, in my book. But I have seen zero indication that any of that happened.

Instead, he told her he wasn't serious, he didn't hide that he was dating other people and he told her how he felt about her. In fact, while he did engage in sex with her despite his feelings about her, his statements indicate that he was the one who felt used and that he was angry about it: "I was nothing more than a dildo with a heartbeat for you."

No, instead of pursuing her, lying to her, making false promises to score, etc., he made the mistake of not saying no when she haunted him, came over unannounced or uninvited, took her clothes off and got into his bed. It makes him guilty of poor judgment and going against the tenets of his faith. But that's it, as far as I'm concerned.

And yet I keep seeing these posts practically blaming him for what happened: He was equally at fault in the "relationship". He was playing a dangerous game with a fragile minded person. He who plays with fire is going to get burned. His actions resulted in an "unpleasant crime" - not horrific, not gruesome, just "unpleasant" as if that is the expected result when two creeps get together and use one another. He was a sociopath. Etc.

This baffles me and I find it horrid. I feel that many people are unaware of what a psychopath is like and how they are able to ensnare and captivate their victims.

I am also dead certain that if the roles were reversed, no one would be accusing her of being a user or player and no one would be calling her a sociopath or equally guilty in the "relationship." I firmly believe that if the roles were reversed, almost everyone would be calling her the innocent victim of a hideously frightening psychopathic monster. The only difference in the two scenarios is gender and it is quite clear to me that societal attitudes about gender and crime are to blame: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/11/men-women-prison-sentence-length-gender-gap_n_1874742.html

I just don't think that's right. But, we see it all the time. A man molests his students and he goes to prison. A women does so and nothing happens to her. A man stalks a woman to death, viciously murdering her at the end of his reign of terror and he is given the death penalty. A woman does so and people bend over backwards to find some kind of justification, some kind of fault on the part of the victim. The murderess is not given the death penalty. People blame the victim and assert that the crime is not horrible enough to be worthy of capital punishment.

I just don't think that's right. (And I'm not debating capital punishment which I am actually against, really). It's just not right to give women the benefit of the doubt by virtue of the fact of their sex alone and it is not right to imbue men with depravity and evil by virtue of the fact of their sex alone. And frankly, that's what I think is going on here to a large degree, at least subconsciously. I don't like it.

Men can be victims too. They can be imperfect and still be the innocent victims of sinister and twisted women. They can be faultless except in their judgment and be the victim of a horrific, gruesome, crime. It happens.

I think it happened here, to Travis, who was not a choir boy, who was not perfect but who did not, due to his poor conduct in sleeping with a mad women who flung herself at him, even though he wanted nothing more from her, bring his own murder on himself. He did not cause what happened to him to happen. He did not deserve to die. He is a victim. Period. The victim of a predatory and frightening monster who is very, very cunning and very, very good at fooling people into thinking it's not all her fault, that she was at least somewhat compelled to do the evil things she did because her victims were evil themselves. She's a con and a snake and IMO, her trickery and deceit is still working to some degree, even right here at websleuths.

And that scares me, because if there are sleuthers who have the subconscious sense that Travis kind of asked for it, I can only imagine what a jury might do.

Gitana1 - this post deserved more than just a thank you. Well said! If it hadn't been Travis it would have been some other obsession. This woman appears to be a sociopath...no doubt about it IMO. Her blithe attitude after the crime is a red flag. Her flat affect in court is chillingly similar to Casey Anthony's.

Nothing shocks me anymore.
I learned long ago to never underestimate the stupidity of a jury!

Me too Linda, but I'm hoping that with the overwhelming evidence against her this jury can connect the dots. ;)

Do we know anything of her parents?

Who is sitting on her side in the galley?

Are they photos of her brother on MySpace? He looks like a minor.

Apparently the parents own/run a diner in Yreka. I have read, although I don't know how accurate it is, that her father may have cancer. It seems that her Mother and her Aunt along with her younger sister have been in court. Yes, her brother is on Facebook.

Which really does not make much sense, it takes longer to either format or multi-delete pics from a memory card than simply removing the card itself.

I think it comes down to plans vs thoughts. I really do not think Jodi had a plan and if so it was one that was terribly executed. Everyone has thoughts, random, silly or otherwise. A man wearing a toupee, taking it off and throwing it, not one of my thoughts but just an example. Not everyone acts on their thoughts, most do not.

Jodie's thought process I am sure was far more peculiar, strange and odd compared to most. I do not see much of a plan, more-so acting out on bizarre thoughts. Seriously who has an afternoon delight after sleeping in and then decides now is the time I am going to commit the murder I planned some twelve hours later.

http:///wp-content/uploads/2012/12/screenshot-1024x640.jpg

Someone needs to explain how Susan Wright, TX wife who stabbed her husband nearly 200 times after tying him to the bed spread eagle and pouring hot wax on him as a seduction technique, then semi-buried his body in a patio area of the house, and pretended he was on a trip for 4 days and claimed spousal abuse as her defense did not face the DP and is sentenced to 25 years to life, while Jodi Arias is facing the death penalty.

Is one seductress vixen more deserving of the DP than the other? Aren't 200 stab wounds worse than 27 stab wounds + a GSW? Is being tied up worse than not? Or how about Melanie Maguire of NJ who shot her husband to death then dismembered his body and put the pieces of him into 2 or 3 suitcases and dumped them in some body of water. She also did not face the DP. Why is no one crying foul?

Very well said. I always like your posts.

Thank you for this post Gitana1, I have been thinking the same thing reading some posts here, just couldn't articulate my thoughts as well as you. Well said.

I see the opposite. I see women being much, much harder on other women than on male perpetrators. As a society, men are still seen as 'the prize' to many women. It's subconcious and most will deny they hold differing standards. But they do. It's easy to spot. The woman *has* to be an evil seductress hell bent on destroying the soul of the poor guy. The she-devil with her sex represents an archetype that other women despise. Maybe the truth is a bit more mundane. Maybe what you have are 2 flawed humans, one with a personality disorder, and the other a guy who was happy to live 2 different lives and overall a highly dysfunctional situation. Maybe what is really going on is a pointless murder that doesn't involve the devil and secret seduction of people including random forum members. Maybe it's just another horrible case in which one lover who is rejected and feels rage and abandoned and spiteful takes out that rage on the other to terrible consequences.

I think maybe this is just another horrible murder by one intimate partner to another. And yes, it and she will be punished.

Susan Wrights crime is not a death penalty crime in the state of Texas.

Susan Wrights crime is not a death penalty crime in the state of Texas.

Correct. I pointed that out. I am asking why no outcry for a murder that objectively is *even worse* in terms of brutality, gore, viciousness. That's the argument being used as to why Arias deserves the DP. The "brutality, evilness, and premeditation." So compare that to the Wright case in which the DP was not on the table as an option.

Correct. I pointed that out. I am asking why no outcry for a murder that objectively is *even worse* in terms of brutality, gore, viciousness. That's the argument being used as to why Arias deserves the DP. The "brutality, evilness, and premeditation." So compare that to the Wright case in which the DP was not on the table as an option.

There is an outcry from some. I'm not one of them. Maybe if I thought she was innocent (I don't) I would be concerned.

I was unfamiliar with Arizona law and was surprised this was a DP case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members