Jodi Arias Trial Watchers Thread #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think JA became enraged after all that "afternoon delight" he still would not cancel his plans with another woman to go on vacation. She gives it her best shot(no pun intended) with all the sex and he STILL won't change his mind. She has to face how "used" she was and her sex, which I beleive was her power base, failed. But I think she knew deep down what he felt about her and she planned to kill him if things did not go her way..which is why she brought the gun.

I can't beleive that a jury will buy the abuse aspect. What abused woman, financially independent, not legally bound, with no children ,living out of state...would drive back to the abuser's home and reconnect??

I totally agree with your reasoning. I think it was a "Do or Die" mission on that visit. He would either end the plans to take the other woman on the Cancun trip or he would die, period. I think that after the sex she may have asked him if he still planned on going to Cancun and he stated that his plans had not changed. She became totally enraged and proceeded to plan "B".

ETA: I'm one of those who believe that the gun shot came first as he sat in the shower. Such a small caliber most of the time would not kill someone immediately and most likely would leave a lot of fight in the victim. It is very possible that she attempted a second shot but the pistol misfired. However, with the shot being to the head it most likely left him with very little ability to defend himself. I do believe that when he turned to get away from her, she started the stabbing and as he braced himself on the sink she did the final "coup de gratis" and cut his throat.

I believe the opening statement was that TA was stabbed in the heart first, stabbed repeatedly and the gunshot was done last. All the stabbing and cutting appears to have been done outside the shower. The photo shows her dragging him over to the shower where he was found. It appears he did not die in the shower. jmo
It looks like he went from shower to sink, where lots of stabbing took place and then he tried to get out but dropped at the end of the hall entering the bedroom. It looks from the amount of blood there that this is where she slit his throat, maybe he wasn't dead quite yet. Then she drug his dead body back to the shower.
I still think it was a GSW to the face in the shower that led him to the sink and then she started stabbing him in the back.

I mean no insult to the victim in saying this but why is everyone trying to
scrub him clean and roll him in sugar? He clearly used this woman for sex and
did not want the world to know that so he projected everything on her. He probably said a lot of " big man" things about her wanting him so bad and him telling her to go away but when they were on the phone or in bed
he said what he had to in order to keep her coming back. All of that being said,
that doesn't mean that he deserved to die. We don't have to claim
that she broke into his computer to send herself mean messages. He probably
did some truly imperfect things. Those things do not have to be hidden for him to be a victim and for her actions to be unjustified.

I somewhat agree with you. Everyone should understand something. There are in fact women out there that even when told straight up how the man feels in no uncertain terms, they still think they can change his mind. So even though he says we are having sex as friends, she thinks I am working on getting him back. jmo

I think JA became enraged after all that "afternoon delight" he still would not cancel his plans with another woman to go on vacation. She gives it her best shot(no pun intended) with all the sex and he STILL won't change his mind. She has to face how "used" she was and her sex, which I beleive was her power base, failed. But I think she knew deep down what he felt about her and she planned to kill him if things did not go her way..which is why she brought the gun.

I can't beleive that a jury will buy the abuse aspect. What abused woman, financially independent, not legally bound, with no children ,living out of state...would drive back to the abuser's home and reconnect??

I agree, however, I never thought Casey Anthony would be walking around completely free. That being said, she will be found guilty. No death penalty, she is pretty and there are more men on her jury.

did not want the world to know that so he projected everything on her. He probably said a lot of " big man" things about her wanting him so bad and him telling her to go away but when they were on the phone or in bed
he said what he had to in order to keep her coming back. All of that being said,
did some truly imperfect things. Those things do not have to be hidden for him to be a victim and for her actions to be unjustified.
It appears to me that he was struggling with his true beliefs and lack of self control when it came to sex Jodi handed right over. I sense from his writings that he did have guilt and remorse over his behavior and was struggling to change it. No, he was no choir boy. He was making bad choices and he knew it. He just didn't know how psycho she would go. It still does not let her off the hook in any way. It was 1st degree murder, no excuses.
ETA: Everyone has their breaking point with difficult situations in life. That's when you throw your hands up and quit.. just walk away and accept it as it is. Some people do not have that ability or better sense to do just that. Prisons are full of these maladjusted sorts. Jodi Arias is one and the same.

Here's the transcript on JVM show on Jan 3
Beth Karas
We see the shell casing from the one shot that was fired near the sink. According to the prosecutor, that`s the third wound that was -- was inflicted. Third major wound. The first one was the stab wound to the heart, where he starts fighting. He stands over the sink. It`s just full of blood, and there`s -- there`s spatter. He`s probably spitting up blood. He`s spitting. He`s dripping. There`s some swipes, like, maybe he did it or she`s cleaning up. \

And then he -- staggered down the hallway. We haven`t seen those photos yet, because her palm print is in blood in the hall -- wall, and then his throat is slashed. He`s probably getting weak; he falls. She slashes his throat.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Unbelievable.

KARAS: Drags him back to the shower and shoots him in the head along the way.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1301/03/ijvm.01.html

I believe the opening statement was that TA was stabbed in the heart first, stabbed repeatedly and the gunshot was done last. All the stabbing and cutting appears to have been done outside the shower. The photo shows her dragging him over to the shower where he was found. It appears he did not die in the shower. jmo

I have been trying to find the opening statements on video since I did not see the trial livestreamed that day. Does anyone know of a source that is publishing this, the actual video? All I can find is summary articles. TIA!

Just a personal note here to address the issues of TA's Mormon values and reconciling his sexual escapades. Here is a personal perspective - this is not said to offend anyone. It is just my own experience and my personal take on the matter. WARNING GRAPHIC WORDING - Do Not read if you might be offended. . . . .

<respectfully snipped for space>

GRAPHIC WORDS BELOW are from testimony in this case.

I can see how TA would "compartmentalize" an rationalize how "oral or anal sex" would be ok within a premarital relationship (as there would be no proof - ie. getting pregnant). As long as people didn't know about it ....secrets are kept and lies are told - you can still hold your head high and pretend to be the perfect LDS man. Of course, JA would be the "*advertiser censored*" for allowing herself to engage in this behavior.

Thank you for letting me talk about my perspective without being offended or feeling attacked. This post is not directed at anyone in particular. Mods if inappropriate please remove.
The "Thanks" button isn't enough to thank you for this most insightful post.

I am in complete agreement regarding TA. No way did he deserve to be brutally murdered, however, "when you play with fire you will get burned" comes to mind to describe their "relationship". I seriously doubt he realized what his fate would be when she came over to see him that night, or even shortly before she inflicted the first stab wound.

As an aside, after watching Nancy Grace's special last night, I am definitely weary the hypocrisy of having JA singing a Christmas carol.

MOO

True, but most of what we have heard is from the liars mouth. But you are riight. I was upset at first but this poor guy just did not know how to say no to her. Then with all the harassment he went through with her, he blew up and sent her nasty emails. IMO I would have done it long ago esp when she entered his home several times.

In the court documents it says attempted burglary so Im wondering if she tried to break into his house on June 4th but sent him a text message that she was there. It was 3am, he probably felt bad for her and let her in which of course was a bad mistake.

We will find out all the emails in this case because they did take their computers.

I have been trying to find the opening statements on video since I did not see the trial livestreamed that day. Does anyone know of a source that is publishing this, the actual video? All I can find is summary articles. TIA!

I tried to find it to and emailed a couple of new shows but never got a reply. Hopefully TruTV on Monday will do a recap of it. Anyway Im still looking for it.

On Monday In Session will be back on Tru TV at 9 AM EST. They are going to cover this case and I am pretty certain they will show the opening statements.

On Monday In Session will be back on Tru TV at 9 AM EST. They are going to cover this case and I am pretty certain they will show the opening statements.

yay! I work from home on Mondays. Thanks for the heads up!

It starts on TruTv Monday.

Which really does not make much sense, it takes longer to either format or multi-delete pics from a memory card than simply removing the card itself.

I think it comes down to plans vs thoughts. I really do not think Jodi had a plan and if so it was one that was terribly executed. Everyone has thoughts, random, silly or otherwise. A man wearing a toupee, taking it off and throwing it, not one of my thoughts but just an example. Not everyone acts on their thoughts, most do not.

Jodie's thought process I am sure was far more peculiar, strange and odd compared to most. I do not see much of a plan, more-so acting out on bizarre thoughts. Seriously who has an afternoon delight after sleeping in and then decides now is the time I am going to commit the murder I planned some twelve hours later.
IMO, maybe she wanted people to see their relationship on that film. If it was washed away, okay, if not, well, they would see that he was with her last. She was his in her opinion and wanted everyone else to know too!! If not for the forensic evidence, I don't think she ever would have told she killed him either!!

I think that the back stabbing came first as he was standing at the sink. I think that this is why there was blood on the sink vanity and sink. I think that the back stabbing hit a lung and although he would have been able to fight for a short time, he would quickly be quite incapacitated. I think that the gunshot wound to the face was done last, as evidenced by the bullet casing that was not covered in blood. It is possible that he was not even alive when she shot him. I would be very interested to see the autopsy report and the opinions on what the ME thinks is the timeline of wounds. Does anyone know where that can be viewed?

ETA: I guess in opening statements it was said that the heart wound came first. I have to say though that it is easier to reach the heart (depending on the size of the knife) from the back than it is going through the breast bone.

Does anyone know if the knife was ever found?

I agree, however, I never thought Casey Anthony would be walking around completely free. That being said, she will be found guilty. No death penalty, she is pretty and there are more men on her jury.

I've never been convinced that Casey Anthony's looks, or ethnicity, had anything to do with her acquittal. The jury was pretty well split almost 50/50 male/female (5 men, 7 women). Likewise Scott Peterson's jury were evenly split (6 males, 6 females), and were completely unmoved by his looks or his ethnicity. I think the brutality and the sheer overkill, along with her lies, will be her undoing. Whether they recommend the death penalty is anybody's guess. But I hope she at least rots behind bars for the rest of her life.

And I think the character assassination of the victim that the defense is attempting is going to damage their case more than assist it. All anybody has to do is remember 27 stab wounds, throat slit and shot in the head. No matter what you believe about his character, this was a violent, and likely(IMO) premeditated murder. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member